People's United Financial, Inc. (PBCT): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
PBCT POWR Grades
- Stability is the dimension where PBCT ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 68.57% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for PBCT is in Stability, which has been heading up over the past 52 weeks.
- PBCT's current lowest rank is in the Growth metric (where it is better than 13.95% of US stocks).
PBCT Stock Summary
- PBCT's went public 31.61 years ago, making it older than 84.06% of listed US stocks we're tracking.
- PBCT's equity multiplier -- a measure of assets relative to shareholders'equity -- is greater than that of 86.67% of US stocks.
- People's United Financial Inc's shareholder yield -- a measure of how much capital is returned to stockholders via dividends and buybacks -- is 14.16%, greater than the shareholder yield of 85.33% of stocks in our set.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to PBCT, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are CATY, PRI, SYBT, FULT, and TCBK.
- Visit PBCT's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.peoples.com.
PBCT Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Financial Services stock, PBCT's price/sales ratio is 175% higher, now standing at 3.3.
- Over the past 243 months, PBCT's price/earnings ratio has gone up 11.4.
- Over the past 243 months, PBCT's EV/EBIT ratio has gone up 5.7.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for PBCT.
PBCT Growth Metrics
- The 4 year cash and equivalents growth rate now stands at 126.1%.
- Its 2 year revenue growth rate is now at 27.06%.
- The year over year net income to common stockholders growth rate now stands at -57.93%.
The table below shows PBCT's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
PBCT's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- PBCT has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 36.03% of graded US stocks.
- PBCT's asset turnover comes in at 0.032 -- ranking 338th of 431 Banking stocks.
- CBSH, BANF, and ACNB are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with PBCT.
The table below shows PBCT's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
PBCT Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
PBCT Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$17.48||52-week high||$19.62|
|Prev. close||$18.19||52-week low||$10.38|
|Day high||$18.09||Avg. volume||4,340,333|
|50-day MA||$16.97||Dividend yield||4.01%|
|200-day MA||$17.09||Market Cap||7.48B|
People's United Financial, Inc. (PBCT) Company Bio
People's United Financial provides commercial banking, retail banking, and wealth management services to individual, corporate, and municipal customers in Connecticut, southeastern New York, Massachusetts, Vermont, New Hampshire, and Maine. The company was founded in 1842 and is based in Bridgeport, Connecticut.
Most Popular Stories View All
PBCT Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
PBCT Latest Social Stream
View Full PBCT Social Stream
Latest PBCT News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about People's United Financial Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate PBCT as an investment opportunity.
In this article you are going to find out whether hedge funds think People’s United Financial, Inc. (NASDAQ:PBCT) is a good investment right now. We like to check what the smart money thinks first before doing extensive research on a given stock. Although there have been several high profile failed hedge fund picks, the consensus […]
Peoples United Financial (NASDAQ:PBCT) was downgraded by investment analysts at TheStreet from a b rating to a c+ rating in a research note issued to investors on Thursday, TheStreetRatingsTable reports. Several other equities analysts have also recently issued reports on the company. Zacks Investment Research cut Peoples United Financial from a buy rating to a 
Controlled non-interest expenses, robust capital position and lower provisions amid a decline in loans and net interest income drive People's United (PBCT) Q3 earnings.
(RTTNews) - People''s United Financial Inc. (PBCT) announced a profit for third quarter that dropped from the same period last year. The company''s profit came in at $136.2 million, or $0.32 per share. This compares with $141.1 million, or $0.34 per share, in last year''s third quarter. Excluding items, People''s United Financial Inc.
People's United (PBCT) delivered earnings and revenue surprises of -5.71% and -2.43%, respectively, for the quarter ended September 2021. Do the numbers hold clues to what lies ahead for the stock?
PBCT Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching PBCTWant to do more research on People's United Financial Inc's stock and its price? Try the links below:
People's United Financial Inc (PBCT) Stock Price | Nasdaq
People's United Financial Inc (PBCT) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
People's United Financial Inc (PBCT) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch