People's United Financial, Inc. (PBCT): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
PBCT POWR Grades
- Momentum is the dimension where PBCT ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 89.62% of US stocks.
- PBCT's strongest trending metric is Value; it's been moving down over the last 179 days.
- PBCT's current lowest rank is in the Value metric (where it is better than 16.63% of US stocks).
PBCT Stock Summary
- People's United Financial Inc's stock had its IPO on March 26, 1990, making it an older stock than 84.38% of US equities in our set.
- Equity multiplier, or assets relative to shareholders' equity, comes in at 8.25 for People's United Financial Inc; that's greater than it is for 87.6% of US stocks.
- Over the past twelve months, PBCT has reported earnings growth of 117.21%, putting it ahead of 82.87% of US stocks in our set.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to People's United Financial Inc are SNV, WBS, CPRI, FFBC, and HWC.
- Visit PBCT's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.peoples.com.
PBCT Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Financial Services stock, PBCT's price/sales ratio is 175% higher, now standing at 3.3.
- Over the past 243 months, PBCT's price/earnings ratio has gone up 11.4.
- Over the past 243 months, PBCT's EV/EBIT ratio has gone up 5.7.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for PBCT.
PBCT Growth Metrics
- Its 3 year price growth rate is now at 12.82%.
- The 5 year revenue growth rate now stands at 49.69%.
- The year over year net income to common stockholders growth rate now stands at -57.93%.
The table below shows PBCT's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
PBCT's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- PBCT has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 35.35% of graded US stocks.
- PBCT's asset turnover comes in at 0.032 -- ranking 339th of 430 Banking stocks.
- CBSH, BANF, and ACNB are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with PBCT.
The table below shows PBCT's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
PBCT Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
PBCT Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$19.41||52-week high||$21.98|
|Prev. close||$19.99||52-week low||$15.18|
|Day high||$20.39||Avg. volume||7,292,774|
|50-day MA||$20.47||Dividend yield||3.76%|
|200-day MA||$18.11||Market Cap||8.34B|
People's United Financial, Inc. (PBCT) Company Bio
People's United Financial provides commercial banking, retail banking, and wealth management services to individual, corporate, and municipal customers in Connecticut, southeastern New York, Massachusetts, Vermont, New Hampshire, and Maine. The company was founded in 1842 and is based in Bridgeport, Connecticut.
Most Popular Stories View All
PBCT Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
PBCT Latest Social Stream
View Full PBCT Social Stream
Latest PBCT News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about People's United Financial Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate PBCT as an investment opportunity.
M&T Bank's (MTB) board of directors re-authorizes its stock repurchase program worth $800 million, which was originally announced in January 2021.
While the waiting game for the merger approval of M&T Bank (MTB) and People's United (PBCT) continues, let's discuss if the heightening regulatory scrutiny will affect the banking M&A trends.
M&T Bank (MTB) and People''s United Financial (PBCT) agreed to extend their merger from Feb. 21 to Jun. 1.Approval by the Fed Reserve Board of Governors is pending
M&T Bank Corporation (NYSE: MTB) ("M&T") and People's United Financial, Inc. (NASDAQ: PBCT) ("People's United") jointly announced today that the two companies have agreed to extend their merger agreement from February 21, 2022 to June 1, 2022.
People's United Bank, N.A. (NASDAQ: PBCT), announced that it served as Lead Arranger, Book Runner and Administrative Agent for several credit facilities totaling $89.6 Million to Rocky Hill, CT-based CCO, LLC, and its associated entities. The senior revolving and term loan facilities will be used to refinance existing debt, acquire twelve sites in CT, support future site acquisitions and provide working capital. CCO and its subsidiaries acquire, supply and operate gas stations and convenience st
PBCT Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching PBCTWant to do more research on People's United Financial Inc's stock and its price? Try the links below:
People's United Financial Inc (PBCT) Stock Price | Nasdaq
People's United Financial Inc (PBCT) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
People's United Financial Inc (PBCT) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch