PetMed Express, Inc. (PETS): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
PETS POWR Grades
- Quality is the dimension where PETS ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 90.91% of US stocks.
- PETS's strongest trending metric is Stability; it's been moving up over the last 179 days.
- PETS's current lowest rank is in the Sentiment metric (where it is better than 1.14% of US stocks).
PETS Stock Summary
- The ratio of debt to operating expenses for PETMED EXPRESS INC is higher than it is for about only 0.51% of US stocks.
- PETS's equity multiplier -- a measure of assets relative to shareholders'equity -- is greater than that of merely 13.59% of US stocks.
- Revenue growth over the past 12 months for PETMED EXPRESS INC comes in at -7.73%, a number that bests just 15.07% of the US stocks we're tracking.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to PETMED EXPRESS INC are BRN, BHE, SGA, TTEK, and WTTR.
- PETS's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit PETMED EXPRESS INC's official web site, go to www.1800petmeds.com.
PETS Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Consumer Defensive stock, PETS's price/earnings ratio is 19% higher, now standing at 26.3.
- PETS's price/sales ratio has moved up 0.9 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for PETS.
PETS Growth Metrics
- Its year over year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at -6.43%.
- The 4 year cash and equivalents growth rate now stands at 116.6%.
- Its 3 year revenue growth rate is now at -3.53%.
The table below shows PETS's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
PETS's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- PETS has a Quality Grade of A, ranking ahead of 95.52% of graded US stocks.
- PETS's asset turnover comes in at 1.654 -- ranking 67th of 165 Retail stocks.
- EZPW, HZO, and SHW are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with PETS.
The table below shows PETS's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
PETS Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
PETS Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$19.80||52-week high||$29.53|
|Prev. close||$19.38||52-week low||$18.22|
|Day high||$19.84||Avg. volume||402,905|
|50-day MA||$20.40||Dividend yield||6.19%|
|200-day MA||$22.33||Market Cap||417.30M|
PetMed Express, Inc. (PETS) Company Bio
PetMed Express operates as a pet pharmacy in the United States. The company markets prescription and non-prescription pet medications, health products, and supplies for dogs and cats to retail customers. The company was founded in 1996 and is based in Pompano Beach, Florida.
Most Popular Stories View All
PETS Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
PETS Latest Social Stream
View Full PETS Social Stream
Latest PETS News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about PETMED EXPRESS INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate PETS as an investment opportunity.
If PETS stock trades in the range of $15.00 to $25.00 this next year, its recent $20.13 share price might reach $21.00 by next year.
If you're looking for a multi-bagger, there's a few things to keep an eye out for. In a perfect world, we'd like to see...
These three dividend stocks aren't the biggest names in their industries, but they are still worth income investors' attention.
PetMed (PETS) delivered earnings and revenue surprises of -51.85% and 0.61%, respectively, for the quarter ended September 2022. Do the numbers hold clues to what lies ahead for the stock?
PetMeds® Announces Its Second Quarter Financial Results and Declares a Quarterly Dividend of $0.30 Per Share
DELRAY BEACH, Fla., Nov. 07, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- PetMed Express, Inc. (NASDAQ: PETS), Your Trusted Pet Health ExpertTM, today announced its financial results for its second quarter ended September 30, 2022. Quarterly Highlights Net sales for the quarter ended September 30, 2022, were $65.4 million, compared to $67.4 million for second quarter in the prior year, a decrease of 3.0%. Net income for the quarter ended September 30, 2022 was $2.6 million, or $0.13 diluted earnings per share, and
PETS Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|