PetMed Express, Inc. (PETS): Price and Financial Metrics
PETS Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$14.61||52-week high||$24.01|
|Prev. close||$14.87||52-week low||$14.05|
|Day high||$14.88||Avg. volume||421,206|
|50-day MA||$15.53||Dividend yield||8.07%|
|200-day MA||$18.83||Market Cap||309.31M|
PETS Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
PETS POWR Grades
- Quality is the dimension where PETS ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 92.12% of US stocks.
- PETS's strongest trending metric is Growth; it's been moving down over the last 179 days.
- PETS ranks lowest in Sentiment; there it ranks in the 0th percentile.
PETS Stock Summary
- PETS's current price/earnings ratio is 1,348.4, which is higher than 99.54% of US stocks with positive earnings.
- The ratio of debt to operating expenses for PETMED EXPRESS INC is higher than it is for about merely 0.41% of US stocks.
- PETS's equity multiplier -- a measure of assets relative to shareholders'equity -- is greater than that of merely 15.27% of US stocks.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to PETMED EXPRESS INC are CINF, HGTY, ARRY, AMPS, and MORN.
- PETS's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit PETMED EXPRESS INC's official web site, go to www.1800petmeds.com.
PETS Valuation Summary
- PETS's price/sales ratio is 1.3; this is 18.18% higher than that of the median Consumer Defensive stock.
- Over the past 243 months, PETS's EV/EBIT ratio has gone up 126.1.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for PETS.
PETS Growth Metrics
- Its 5 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at -17.71%.
- Its 2 year price growth rate is now at -41.9%.
- Its 2 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at -52.38%.
The table below shows PETS's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
PETS's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- PETS has a Quality Grade of A, ranking ahead of 95.52% of graded US stocks.
- PETS's asset turnover comes in at 1.654 -- ranking 67th of 165 Retail stocks.
- EZPW, HZO, and SHW are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with PETS.
The table below shows PETS's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
PETS Price Target
For more insight on analysts targets of PETS, see our PETS price target page. And for a list of of all stocks sorted by upside potential based on analyst target price, see our Top Price Target page.
|Average Price Target||$27.00||Average Broker Recommendation||2 (Hold)|
PetMed Express, Inc. (PETS) Company Bio
PetMed Express operates as a pet pharmacy in the United States. The company markets prescription and non-prescription pet medications, health products, and supplies for dogs and cats to retail customers. The company was founded in 1996 and is based in Pompano Beach, Florida.
Most Popular Stories View All
PETS Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
PETS Latest Social Stream
View Full PETS Social Stream
Latest PETS News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about PETMED EXPRESS INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate PETS as an investment opportunity.
2 Stocks to Watch on a Quiet Market Day
The Dow Jones Industrial Average (DJINDICES: ^DJI) lost ground on the day, but gains in the Nasdaq Composite (NASDAQINDEX: ^IXIC) left the S&P 500 (SNPINDEX: ^GSPC) little changed by day's end. After the closing bell, Zoom Video Communications (NASDAQ: ZM) and PetMed Express (NASDAQ: PETS) reported their latest financial results. Zoom's numbers were better than many had expected, while PetMed faced some challenges that kept its stock price down.
PetMeds® Announces Its Fourth Quarter and Fiscal Year End Financial Results and Declares a Quarterly Dividend of $0.30 Per Share
DELRAY BEACH, Fla., May 22, 2023 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- PetMed Express, Inc. (NASDAQ: PETS), Your Trusted Pet Health Expert™, today announced its financial results for its fourth quarter and fiscal year ended March 31, 2023. Quarterly Highlights Net sales for the quarter ended March 31, 2023, were $62.4 million, compared to $66.0 million for the fourth quarter in the prior year, a decrease of 5.4%. New customers increased 12% year over year for the quarter ended March 31, 2023 representing the seco
PetMeds® Appoints Sandra Y. Campos to its Board of Directors
Ms. Campos joins as an independent director, bringing years of executive leadership experience in digital transformations and turnaroundsDELRAY BEACH, Fla., May 18, 2023 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- PetMed Express, Inc. (“PetMeds®”) (NASDAQ: PETS), Your Trusted Pet Health Expert™, announced the appointment of Sandra Y. Campos to its Board of Directors effective May 17, 2023. “We are delighted to welcome Ms. Campos to PetMeds’ board of directors,” said Dr. Gian Fulgoni, Board Chairman. “Sandra’s vast expe
2 High-Yield Dividend Stocks Billionaires Can't Stop Buying
Kenneth Griffin's hedge fund Citadel Advisors bought additional shares of these high-yield dividend stocks in the first quarter.
PetMed Express, Inc. Sets Fourth Quarter and Full Year 2023 Earnings Call
DELRAY BEACH, Fla., May 08, 2023 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- PetMed Express, Inc. (PETS) (the “Company”), Your Trusted Pet Health Expert™ will hold a conference call on Monday, May 22, 2023 at 4:30pm Eastern time to discuss its financial results for the fourth quarter and full year ended March 31, 2023. Financial results will be issued in a press release prior to the call. PetMeds’ management will host the conference call, followed by a question and answer period. Date: Monday, May 22, 2023Time: 4:30pm
PETS Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching PETSWant to do more research on Petmed Express Inc's stock and its price? Try the links below:
Petmed Express Inc (PETS) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Petmed Express Inc (PETS) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Petmed Express Inc (PETS) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch
Loading social stream, please wait...