PetMed Express, Inc. (PETS): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
PETS POWR Grades
- Quality is the dimension where PETS ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 91.77% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for PETS is in Quality, which has been heading down over the past 177 days.
- PETS's current lowest rank is in the Sentiment metric (where it is better than 1.33% of US stocks).
PETS Stock Summary
- For PETS, its debt to operating expenses ratio is greater than that reported by only 0.48% of US equities we're observing.
- Equity multiplier, or assets relative to shareholders' equity, comes in at 1.21 for PETMED EXPRESS INC; that's greater than it is for merely 13.99% of US stocks.
- In terms of volatility of its share price, PETS is more volatile than just 11.79% of stocks we're observing.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to PETMED EXPRESS INC, a group of peers worth examining would be BHE, ZDGE, PCYO, WTTR, and TTEK.
- PETS's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit PETMED EXPRESS INC's official web site, go to www.1800petmeds.com.
PETS Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Consumer Defensive stock, PETS's price/sales ratio is 15.79% lower, now standing at 1.6.
- PETS's price/sales ratio has moved up 0.8 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for PETS.
PETS Growth Metrics
- Its 4 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 8.53%.
- Its 3 year revenue growth rate is now at -3.53%.
- Its 2 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at -52.38%.
The table below shows PETS's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
PETS's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- PETS has a Quality Grade of A, ranking ahead of 95.52% of graded US stocks.
- PETS's asset turnover comes in at 1.654 -- ranking 67th of 165 Retail stocks.
- EZPW, HZO, and SHW are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with PETS.
The table below shows PETS's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
PETS Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
PETS Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$21.15||52-week high||$29.53|
|Prev. close||$20.71||52-week low||$17.08|
|Day high||$21.18||Avg. volume||362,012|
|50-day MA||$19.06||Dividend yield||5.67%|
|200-day MA||$20.85||Market Cap||445.76M|
PetMed Express, Inc. (PETS) Company Bio
PetMed Express operates as a pet pharmacy in the United States. The company markets prescription and non-prescription pet medications, health products, and supplies for dogs and cats to retail customers. The company was founded in 1996 and is based in Pompano Beach, Florida.
Most Popular Stories View All
PETS Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
PETS Latest Social Stream
View Full PETS Social Stream
Latest PETS News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about PETMED EXPRESS INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate PETS as an investment opportunity.
DELRAY BEACH, Fla., Jan. 23, 2023 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- PetMed Express, Inc. (PETS) (the “Company”), Your Trusted Pet Health Expert™ will hold a conference call on Monday, February 6, 2023 at 4:30pm Eastern time to discuss its financial results for the third quarter ended December 31, 2022. Financial results will be issued in a press release prior to the call. PetMed management will host the conference call, followed by a question and answer period. Date: Monday, February 6, 2023Time: 4:30pm Easte
Online pet medications supplier PetMed Express, Inc. (Nasdaq: PETS) entered into an agreement to acquire rival PetCareRX in an all-cash transaction valued at $36 million. The combined companies will have more than two million existing customers, said CEO Matt Hulett. "The acquisition of PetCareRX accelerates the execution of our growth strategy to become the go-to expert in all things pet health and wellness by providing our customers with a broader product offering of the best products on the market," Hulett said.
The Acquisition Is Expected to Accelerate Revenue Growth and Expand Addressable Market in a $120 Billion* U.S. IndustryDELRAY BEACH, Fla., Jan. 17, 2023 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- PetMed Express, Inc. (“PetMeds®”) (NASDAQ: PETS), Your Trusted Pet Health Expert™, has reached a definitive agreement to acquire PetCareRx, a leading supplier of pet medications, food, and supplies. The combined entities will expand PetMeds’ existing base of over two million customers and will add approximately 10,000 increme
According to data from Infiniti Research, e-commerce is still expected to grow at a 27% compound annual growth rate (CAGR) through 2027 globally. In fact, 66% of Williams-Sonoma's sales come from e-commerce, and it has grown e-commerce sales at an impressive 9.7% CAGR over the past 20 years. With Williams-Sonoma's large online presence and extensive scale, it should benefit as e-commerce penetration in the sector grows.
The online pet pharmacy is in the early stages of expanding its sights, making it an interesting buy for risk-tolerant investors.
PETS Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|