Procter & Gamble Co. (PG): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
PG POWR Grades
- Stability is the dimension where PG ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 92.32% of US stocks.
- PG's strongest trending metric is Growth; it's been moving down over the last 179 days.
- PG's current lowest rank is in the Growth metric (where it is better than 23.97% of US stocks).
PG Stock Summary
- With a market capitalization of $339,693,158,383, PROCTER & GAMBLE CO has a greater market value than 99.65% of US stocks.
- PROCTER & GAMBLE CO's stock had its IPO on January 1, 1986, making it an older stock than 93.52% of US equities in our set.
- The volatility of PROCTER & GAMBLE CO's share price is greater than that of just 3.7% US stocks with at least 200 days of trading history.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to PROCTER & GAMBLE CO are WMT, MA, JPM, KO, and PEP.
- PG's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit PROCTER & GAMBLE CO's official web site, go to www.pginvestor.com.
PG Valuation Summary
- PG's price/sales ratio is 4.1; this is 115.79% higher than that of the median Consumer Defensive stock.
- Over the past 243 months, PG's price/sales ratio has gone up 1.6.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for PG.
PG Growth Metrics
- Its 5 year price growth rate is now at 37.45%.
- Its year over year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at -10.1%.
- Its year over year price growth rate is now at 18.8%.
The table below shows PG's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
PG's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- PG has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 88.35% of graded US stocks.
- PG's asset turnover comes in at 0.648 -- ranking 40th of 50 Consumer Goods stocks.
- CLX, SCL, and FOSL are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with PG.
The table below shows PG's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
PG Price Target
For more insight on analysts targets of PG, see our PG price target page. And for a list of of all stocks sorted by upside potential based on analyst target price, see our Top Price Target page.
|Average Price Target||$153.00||Average Broker Recommendation||1.72 (Moderate Buy)|
PG Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
PG Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$146.72||52-week high||$164.90|
|Prev. close||$143.79||52-week low||$122.18|
|Day high||$146.76||Avg. volume||7,018,005|
|50-day MA||$141.30||Dividend yield||2.54%|
|200-day MA||$141.41||Market Cap||346.13B|
Procter & Gamble Co. (PG) Company Bio
Procter & Gamble was founded in 1837, by William Proctor and James Gamble. Headquartered in Cincinnati, Ohio, Procter & Gamble Co is a consumer goods company. The firm markets its products internationally through various channels which include mass merchandisers, grocery stores, membership club stores, drug stores, and department stores. Many of Proctor & Gamble’s products can be found in such stores as Target, Costco, Walmart, and Sam’s Club. The company sells a wide variety of products and its major and well-known brands include Olay, Old Spice, Gillette, Bounty, Bounce, Puffs, Charmin, Dawn, Febreeze, and Tide, among many others. The company has close to 100,000 employees and the current Chief Executive Officer is David S. Taylor.
Most Popular Stories View All
PG Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
PG Latest Social Stream
View Full PG Social Stream
Latest PG News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about PROCTER & GAMBLE CO that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate PG as an investment opportunity.
12 Future Dividend Kings in the Next 6 Years or Less
In this article, we discuss 12 future dividend kings in the next 6 years or less. You can skip our detailed analysis of dividend stocks and their returns over the years, and go directly to read 5 Future Dividend Kings in the Next 6 Years or Less. Dividend Kings are companies that have dividend growth […]
Best Dividend Stock: Deer vs. Pepsi vs. Target vs. Procter & Gamble
Deer (NYSE: DE), PepsiCo (NASDAQ: PEP), Target (NYSE: TGT), and Procter & Gamble (NYSE: PG) are all excellent choices for dividend stock investors. However, this video will highlight the best out of these great dividend stocks to buy now.
Stock Market Sell-Off: Is Procter & Gamble a Buy?
Shares of the consumer staples icon have fallen along with the broader market, but the stock is still not exactly cheap.
Procter & Gamble Is Down 12% From Its High. Time to Buy?
Procter & Gamble (NYSE: PG) stock is on sale right now. Share prices have declined by roughly 12% since the market started slumping in early 2022, reducing its valuation and boosting P&G's dividend yield in the process. Does that drop make the consumer staples giant an obvious buy for investors today, or should you pass on this stock and look for growth elsewhere?
Pest Control Brand Zevo Expands Its Offerings With the Launch of New Zevo On-Body Mosquito + Tick Repellents
CINCINNATI, March 22, 2023--Zevo's new On-Body products provide feel good protection for the entire family this summer
PG Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching PGHere are a few links from around the web to help you further your research on PROCTER & GAMBLE Co's stock as an investment opportunity:
PROCTER & GAMBLE Co (PG) Stock Price | Nasdaq
PROCTER & GAMBLE Co (PG) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
PROCTER & GAMBLE Co (PG) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch
Loading social stream, please wait...