Procter & Gamble Co. (PG): Price and Financial Metrics
PG Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$145.15||52-week high||$158.38|
|Prev. close||$146.50||52-week low||$135.83|
|Day high||$146.24||Avg. volume||6,246,345|
|50-day MA||$148.75||Dividend yield||2.56%|
|200-day MA||$149.74||Market Cap||342.10B|
PG Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
PG POWR Grades
- PG scores best on the Stability dimension, with a Stability rank ahead of 95.8% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for PG is in Value, which has been heading down over the past 177 days.
- PG ranks lowest in Value; there it ranks in the 19th percentile.
PG Stock Summary
- PG has a higher market value than 99.56% of US stocks; more precisely, its current market capitalization is $359,802,248,971.
- PROCTER & GAMBLE CO's stock had its IPO on January 1, 1986, making it an older stock than 93.02% of US equities in our set.
- In terms of volatility of its share price, PG is more volatile than only 0.56% of stocks we're observing.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to PG, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are MA, WMT, COST, JPM, and KO.
- Visit PG's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.pginvestor.com.
PG Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Consumer Defensive stock, PG's price/earnings ratio is 19.4% higher, now standing at 23.7.
- PG's price/sales ratio has moved up 1.5 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for PG.
PG Growth Metrics
- Its 5 year price growth rate is now at 37.45%.
- Its year over year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at -10.1%.
- Its year over year price growth rate is now at 18.8%.
The table below shows PG's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
PG's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- PG has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 88.35% of graded US stocks.
- PG's asset turnover comes in at 0.648 -- ranking 40th of 50 Consumer Goods stocks.
- CLX, SCL, and FOSL are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with PG.
The table below shows PG's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
Procter & Gamble Co. (PG) Company Bio
Procter & Gamble was founded in 1837, by William Proctor and James Gamble. Headquartered in Cincinnati, Ohio, Procter & Gamble Co is a consumer goods company. The firm markets its products internationally through various channels which include mass merchandisers, grocery stores, membership club stores, drug stores, and department stores. Many of Proctor & Gamble’s products can be found in such stores as Target, Costco, Walmart, and Sam’s Club. The company sells a wide variety of products and its major and well-known brands include Olay, Old Spice, Gillette, Bounty, Bounce, Puffs, Charmin, Dawn, Febreeze, and Tide, among many others. The company has close to 100,000 employees and the current Chief Executive Officer is David S. Taylor.
PG Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
PG Latest Social Stream
View Full PG Social Stream
Latest PG News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about PROCTER & GAMBLE CO that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate PG as an investment opportunity.
The average brokerage recommendation (ABR) for P&G (PG) is equivalent to a Buy. The overly optimistic recommendations of Wall Street analysts make the effectiveness of this highly sought-after metric questionable. So, is it worth buying the stock?
Are you looking to reduce your risk as an investor?
In this article, we discuss 10 monthly dividend stocks to buy and hold forever. You can skip our detailed analysis of dividend stocks and their performance over the years, and go directly to read 5 Monthly Dividend Stocks To Buy and Hold Forever. In recent times, dividend stocks have become increasingly popular, mainly due to […]
In this piece, we will take a look at the 11 best stocks to buy for investment. If you want to skip our overview of investing and some recent financial news, then take a look at the 5 Best Stocks to Buy for Investment. As we approach the conclusion of 2023, the much-anticipated recession has […]
Warren Buffett sold a whopping $7B worth of stock in Q3 — and even unloaded 2 giant American 'dividend kings.' But here's why the Oracle of Omaha could be dead wrong
It's surely a bad sign for the US economy, right? Not so fast.
PG Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|