Powell Industries, Inc. (POWL): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
POWL POWR Grades
- POWL scores best on the Momentum dimension, with a Momentum rank ahead of 97% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for POWL is in Quality, which has been heading down over the past 48 weeks.
- POWL ranks lowest in Growth; there it ranks in the 6th percentile.
POWL Stock Summary
- With a price/earnings ratio of 829.35, Powell Industries Inc P/E ratio is greater than that of about 99.33% of stocks in our set with positive earnings.
- The ratio of debt to operating expenses for Powell Industries Inc is higher than it is for about just 10.32% of US stocks.
- Revenue growth over the past 12 months for Powell Industries Inc comes in at -17.47%, a number that bests merely 13.46% of the US stocks we're tracking.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to Powell Industries Inc are AVNS, ITI, IKNX, AMRN, and CALM.
- Visit POWL's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.powellind.com.
POWL Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Industrials stock, POWL's price/sales ratio is 81.82% lower, now standing at 0.6.
- Over the past 243 months, POWL's price/sales ratio has gone down 0.5.
- POWL's price/earnings ratio has moved up 804.7 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for POWL.
POWL Growth Metrics
- The 5 year price growth rate now stands at -6.41%.
- Its year over year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at -73.08%.
- The 4 year cash and equivalents growth rate now stands at 110.21%.
The table below shows POWL's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
POWL's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- POWL has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 63.71% of graded US stocks.
- POWL's asset turnover comes in at 1.022 -- ranking 9th of 52 Electrical Equipment stocks.
- AZZ, CBAT, and ENR are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with POWL.
The table below shows POWL's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
POWL Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
POWL Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$25.62||52-week high||$37.28|
|Prev. close||$25.05||52-week low||$23.07|
|Day high||$25.62||Avg. volume||53,681|
|50-day MA||$26.42||Dividend yield||4.15%|
|200-day MA||$30.98||Market Cap||299.55M|
Powell Industries, Inc. (POWL) Company Bio
Powell Industries engineers packaged solutions and systems for the management, control and distribution of electrical energy. Powell markets include large industrial customers such as utilities, oil and gas producers, refineries, petrochemical plants, pulp and paper producers, mining operations and commuter railways. The company was founded in 1947 and is based in Houston, Texas.
Most Popular Stories View All
POWL Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
POWL Latest Social Stream
View Full POWL Social Stream
Latest POWL News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Powell Industries Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate POWL as an investment opportunity.
Switchgear Industry Overview 2021 by Trends, Market Size, Key Players, Driver, Segmentation | Schneider Electric SA, ABB Ltd, Siemens AG, Eaton Corporation, Powell Industries Inc
Switchgear Market applies the most effective of each primary and secondary analysis to weighs upon the competitive landscape and also the outstanding market players expected to dominate Switchgear Market place for the forecast 2020- 2025 Fuses require to be restore after
Thank you for joining us for Powell Industries conference call today to review fiscal year 2021 third quarter results. With me on the call are Brett Cope, Powell's Chairman and CEO; and Mike Metcalf, Powell's CFO.
HOUSTON, Aug. 3, 2021 /PRNewswire/ -- Powell Industries, Inc. (NASDAQ: POWL), a leading supplier of custom-engineered solutions for the management, control and distribution of electrical energy, today announced results for the fiscal 2021 third quarter ended June 30, 2021. Fiscal Third
Powell Industries, Inc. (NASDAQ: POWL), a leading supplier of custom engineered solutions for the management, control and distribution of electrical energy, today announced that its Board of Directors has declared a quarterly cash dividend on the Company's common stock in the amount of $0.26 per share. The dividend is payable on September 15, 2021 to shareholders of record at the close of business on August 18, 2021.
Low and Medium Voltage Switchgears Market Size, Key Opportunities, Strategic Assessment, Strong Revenue | Oprating Vendors: ABB Ltd., Powell Industries, Inc., Siemens AG, Schneider Electric SE, Bha
The documented report on Global Low and Medium Voltage Switchgears Market by Reports Globe aims to offer an organized and methodical strategy for important aspects that have affected the market in recent years and future market opportunities that companies can trust. It gives readers clear market research for better judgment and better decision making on 
POWL Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|