Powell Industries, Inc. (POWL): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
POWL POWR Grades
- POWL scores best on the Momentum dimension, with a Momentum rank ahead of 96.67% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for POWL is in Quality, which has been heading down over the past 31 weeks.
- POWL's current lowest rank is in the Growth metric (where it is better than 4.29% of US stocks).
POWL Stock Summary
- POWL's went public 31.27 years ago, making it older than 84.21% of listed US stocks we're tracking.
- POWL's current price/earnings ratio is 62.95, which is higher than 85.4% of US stocks with positive earnings.
- The ratio of debt to operating expenses for Powell Industries Inc is higher than it is for about just 10.4% of US stocks.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to POWL, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are CPHC, KBAL, BCEI, EHTH, and OXBR.
- Visit POWL's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.powellind.com.
POWL Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Industrials stock, POWL's price/sales ratio is 50% lower, now standing at 0.9.
- Over the past 243 months, POWL's price/earnings ratio has gone up $39.8.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for POWL.
POWL Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
POWL Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$31.63||52-week high||$37.28|
|Prev. close||$32.16||52-week low||$23.32|
|Day high||$32.39||Avg. volume||53,687|
|50-day MA||$34.92||Dividend yield||3.29%|
|200-day MA||$30.38||Market Cap||369.82M|
Powell Industries, Inc. (POWL) Company Bio
Powell Industries engineers packaged solutions and systems for the management, control and distribution of electrical energy. Powell markets include large industrial customers such as utilities, oil and gas producers, refineries, petrochemical plants, pulp and paper producers, mining operations and commuter railways. The company was founded in 1947 and is based in Houston, Texas.
POWL Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
We started the process of determining a valid price forecast for Powell Industries Inc with a discounted cash flow analysis -- the results of which can be found in the table below. To summarize, we found that Powell Industries Inc ranked in the 86th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. Moreover, under all the scenarios we modelled, the output consistently forecasted positive returns. As for the metrics that stood out in our discounted cash flow analysis of Powell Industries Inc, consider:
- As a business, POWL is generating more cash flow than only 24.61% of positive cash flow stocks in the Industrials.
- The business' balance sheet reveals debt to be 1% of the company's capital (with equity being the remaining amount). Approximately just 8.3% of US stocks with free cash flow have a lower reliance on debt in their capital structure.
- POWL's estimated cost of debt, based largely on its market capitalization and its interest coverage ratio, is 3%; for context, that number is higher than 55.55% of tickers in our DCF set.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
POWL Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
POWL Latest Social Stream
View Full POWL Social Stream
Latest POWL News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Powell Industries Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate POWL as an investment opportunity.
Presentation Times and Weblinks Released for Approximately 70 Presenting CompaniesWednesday and Thursday, June 23-24, 2021NEW YORK, NY / ACCESSWIRE / June 22, 2021 / Sidoti & Company, LLC has released the presentation schedule and weblinks for its two-day Summer Virtual Small-Cap Conference taking place Wednesday and Thursday, June 23 - 24, 2021. The links can also be found at www.
On average, over time, stock markets tend to rise higher. This makes investing attractive. But if you choose that path...
Key players operating in the global E-House market are Siemens, ABB, TGOOD Global Ltd., General Electric Company, Schneider Electric, Electroinnova, Powell Industries, WEG Industries, Eaton Corporation, and Aktif Group of Companies. The key factors driving the global E-House market demand are
Circuit Breaker Market: Overview The circuit breaker market is extrapolated to observe tremendous growth opportunities across the forecast period of 2020-2030. The increasing funding for building a reliable electrical infrastructure across a large number of countries around the world will bring
Thank you for joining us for Powell Industries conference call to review fiscal year 2021 second quarter results. With me on the call are Brett Cope, Powell's Chairman and CEO; and Mike Metcalf, Powell's CFO.
POWL Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|