Powell Industries, Inc. (POWL): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
POWL POWR Grades
- POWL scores best on the Growth dimension, with a Growth rank ahead of 95.11% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for POWL is in Quality, which has been heading up over the past 177 days.
- POWL's current lowest rank is in the Momentum metric (where it is better than 47.34% of US stocks).
POWL Stock Summary
- For POWL, its debt to operating expenses ratio is greater than that reported by only 8.07% of US equities we're observing.
- With a year-over-year growth in debt of -45.08%, POWELL INDUSTRIES INC's debt growth rate surpasses just 6.23% of about US stocks.
- Over the past twelve months, POWL has reported earnings growth of 659.49%, putting it ahead of 97.38% of US stocks in our set.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to POWELL INDUSTRIES INC are IRMD, ISDR, AVNS, ARTW, and SWBI.
- POWL's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit POWELL INDUSTRIES INC's official web site, go to www.powellind.com.
POWL Valuation Summary
- POWL's EV/EBIT ratio is 37.9; this is 120.99% higher than that of the median Industrials stock.
- POWL's price/sales ratio has moved up 0.4 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for POWL.
POWL Growth Metrics
- Its year over year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at -154.14%.
- Its 3 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at -413.03%.
- Its year over year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at -35.54%.
The table below shows POWL's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
POWL's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- POWL has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 63.91% of graded US stocks.
- POWL's asset turnover comes in at 1.022 -- ranking 9th of 53 Electrical Equipment stocks.
- AZZ, LFUS, and CBAT are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with POWL.
The table below shows POWL's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
POWL Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
POWL Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$38.28||52-week high||$40.41|
|Prev. close||$38.19||52-week low||$18.81|
|Day high||$38.69||Avg. volume||79,605|
|50-day MA||$34.03||Dividend yield||2.72%|
|200-day MA||$26.47||Market Cap||453.04M|
Powell Industries, Inc. (POWL) Company Bio
Powell Industries engineers packaged solutions and systems for the management, control and distribution of electrical energy. Powell markets include large industrial customers such as utilities, oil and gas producers, refineries, petrochemical plants, pulp and paper producers, mining operations and commuter railways. The company was founded in 1947 and is based in Houston, Texas.
Most Popular Stories View All
POWL Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
POWL Latest Social Stream
View Full POWL Social Stream
Latest POWL News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about POWELL INDUSTRIES INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate POWL as an investment opportunity.
Powell Industries, Inc. (NASDAQ: POWL), a leading supplier of custom engineered solutions for the management, control and distribution of electrical energy, today announced that it will release results for the fiscal first quarter ended December 31, 2022 on Tuesday, January 31, 2023 after the market closes. In conjunction with the release, Powell Industries has scheduled a conference call, which will be broadcast live within the Investor Relations section of the Company's website, on Wednesday,
Sidoti & Company, LLC has released the presentation schedule and weblinks for its two-day January Micro-Cap Conference taking place Wednesday and Thursday, January 18-19, 2023.
Looking at Powell Industries, Inc.'s ( NASDAQ:POWL ) insider transactions over the last year, we can see that insiders...
With 63% institutional ownership, Powell Industries, Inc. (NASDAQ:POWL) is a favorite amongst the big guns
A look at the shareholders of Powell Industries, Inc. ( NASDAQ:POWL ) can tell us which group is most powerful. We can...
Powell Industries, Inc. (NASDAQ:POWL) Q4 2022 Earnings Call Transcript December 6, 2022 Operator: Good morning. And welcome to the Powell Industries Fiscal Fourth Quarter 2022 Results Conference Call. . Please note this event is being recorded. I would now like to turn the conference over to Ryan Coleman, Investor Relations. Please go ahead, sir. Ryan […]
POWL Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|