Prospect Capital Corporation (PSEC): Price and Financial Metrics
PSEC Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$5.74||52-week high||$7.80|
|Prev. close||$5.85||52-week low||$5.03|
|Day high||$5.82||Avg. volume||1,503,052|
|50-day MA||$5.77||Dividend yield||12.39%|
|200-day MA||$6.35||Market Cap||2.36B|
PSEC Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
PSEC POWR Grades
- Growth is the dimension where PSEC ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 93.93% of US stocks.
- PSEC's strongest trending metric is Stability; it's been moving up over the last 177 days.
- PSEC's current lowest rank is in the Quality metric (where it is better than 4.56% of US stocks).
PSEC Stock Summary
- PSEC's current price/earnings ratio is 86.57, which is higher than 93.66% of US stocks with positive earnings.
- For PSEC, its debt to operating expenses ratio is greater than that reported by 98.66% of US equities we're observing.
- Shareholder yield, a measure of how much is returned to shareholders via dividends and share repurchases, for PSEC comes in at 20.85% -- higher than that of 90.65% of stocks in our set.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to PSEC, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are SAR, VICI, SACH, HRZN, and GECC.
- Visit PSEC's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.prospectstreet.com.
PSEC Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Financial Services stock, PSEC's price/sales ratio is 160% higher, now standing at 2.6.
- Over the past 233 months, PSEC's price/sales ratio has gone NA NA.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for PSEC.
PSEC Growth Metrics
- Its 5 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at -58.28%.
- Its year over year revenue growth rate is now at 10.29%.
- Its year over year price growth rate is now at -9.43%.
The table below shows PSEC's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
PSEC's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- PSEC has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 55.45% of graded US stocks.
- PSEC's asset turnover comes in at 0.108 -- ranking 192nd of 443 Trading stocks.
- CXP, OFS, and CGBD are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with PSEC.
The table below shows PSEC's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
Prospect Capital Corporation (PSEC) Company Bio
Prospect Capital Corporation invests primarily in first and second lien secured loans and unsecured debt, senior and subordinated debt and equity of companies in need of capital for acquisitions, divestitures, growth, development, recapitalizations and other purposes. The company was founded in 1988 and is based in New York, New York.
PSEC Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
PSEC Latest Social Stream
View Full PSEC Social Stream
Latest PSEC News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about PROSPECT CAPITAL CORP that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate PSEC as an investment opportunity.
Prospect Capital Corporation (NASDAQ:PSEC) Q1 2024 Earnings Call Transcript November 10, 2023 Operator: Hello, and welcome to the Prospect Capital First Quarter Fiscal Year 2024 Earnings Release and Conference Call. All participants will be in listen-only mode. [Operator Instructions] Please note this event is being recorded. I would now like to turn the conference over […]
Q1 2024 Prospect Capital Corp Earnings Call
Net Investment Income and Net Asset Value Show Positive Trends
Prospect Capital Announces September 2023 Financial Results and Declares Steady Monthly Dividends through January 2024 of $0.06 Per Common Share
NEW YORK, Nov. 08, 2023 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Prospect Capital Corporation (NASDAQ: PSEC) (“Prospect”, “our”, or “we”) today announced financial results for our fiscal quarter ended September 30, 2023. FINANCIAL RESULTS All amounts in $000’s except per share amounts (on weighted average basis for period numbers)Quarter EndedQuarter EndedQuarter EndedSeptember 30, 2023June 30, 2023September 30, 2022 Net Investment Income (“NII”)$125,612$112,779$99,266Basic NII per Common Share(1)$0.25$0.23$0.22Inte
Improvement in total investment income driven by higher interest rates is expected to have supported Prospect Capital's (PSEC) fiscal Q1 earnings.
PSEC Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|