Stepan Company (SCL): Price and Financial Metrics
SCL Stock Summary
- Stepan Co's stock had its IPO on March 17, 1992, making it an older stock than 80.42% of US equities in our set.
- Over the past twelve months, SCL has reported earnings growth of 33.16%, putting it ahead of 74.95% of US stocks in our set.
- The volatility of Stepan Co's share price is greater than that of just 4.24% US stocks with at least 200 days of trading history.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to Stepan Co are SUPN, CTS, AMSWA, AMOT, and IRBT.
- SCL's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Stepan Co's official web site, go to www.stepan.com.
SCL Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
SCL Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$129.96||52-week high||$131.72|
|Prev. close||$127.68||52-week low||$83.66|
|Day high||$130.57||Avg. volume||77,916|
|50-day MA||$126.05||Dividend yield||0.96%|
|200-day MA||$118.02||Market Cap||2.92B|
Stepan Company (SCL) Company Bio
Stepan Chemical is a major manufacturer of specialty and intermediate chemicals used in a broad range of industries. Stepan is a leading merchant producer of surfactants, which are the key ingredients in consumer and industrial cleaning compounds. The Company is also a leading supplier of Polyurethane polyols used in the expanding thermal insulation market, and C.A.S.E. (Coatings, Adhesives, Sealants, and Elastomers) industries. The company was founded in 1932 and is based in Northfield, Illinois.
SCL Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
We started the process of determining a valid price forecast for Stepan Co with a discounted cash flow analysis -- the results of which can be found in the table below. To summarize, we found that Stepan Co ranked in the 51th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. Our DCF analysis suggests the stock is overvalued by about 16.33%. The most interesting components of our discounted cash flow analysis for Stepan Co ended up being:
- Interest coverage, a measure of earnings relative to interest payments, is 32.46; that's higher than 89.27% of US stocks in the Basic Materials sector that have positive free cash flow.
- The business' balance sheet suggests that 8% of the company's capital is sourced from debt; this is greater than only 24.12% of the free cash flow producing stocks we're observing.
- SCL's estimated cost of debt, based largely on its market capitalization and its interest coverage ratio, is 3%; for context, that number is higher than 37.59% of tickers in our DCF set.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
SCL Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
SCL Latest Social Stream
View Full SCL Social Stream
Latest SCL News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Stepan Co that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate SCL as an investment opportunity.
Warren Buffett famously said, 'Volatility is far from synonymous with risk.' It's only natural to consider a company's...
SHAREHOLDER ALERT: Levi & Korsinsky, LLP Notifies Shareholders of an Investigation Concerning Possible Breaches of Fiduciary Duty by Certain Officers and Directors of Stepan Company (SCL)
New York, New York--(Newsfile Corp. - March 31, 2021) - Levi & Korsinsky announces it has commenced an investigation of Stepan Company (NYSE: SCL) concerning possible breaches of fiduciary duty. To obtain additional information, go to:https://www.zlk.com/compensation2/stepan-company-information-request-formor contact Joseph E. Levi, Esq. either via email at [email protected] or by telephone at (212) 363-7500. There is no cost or obligation to you.Levi & Korsinsky is a nationally recognized firm with offices in New York, Connecticut, California, ...
It is now my pleasure to turn the conference over to Luis Rojo, Vice President and Chief Financial Officer. Good morning, and thank you for joining Stepan Company fourth quarter 2020 financial review.
NEW YORK, NY / ACCESSWIRE / February 18, 2021 / Stepan Co. (NYSE:SCL) will be discussing their earnings results in their 2020 Fourth Quarter Earnings call to be held on February 18, 2021 at 10:00 AM Eastern Time.
Shares of Stepan (NYSE:SCL) fell 0.2% in pre-market trading after the company reported Q4 results. Quarterly Results Earnings per share increased 57.78% year over year to $1.42, which beat the estimate of $1.08. Revenue of $494,734,000 rose by 11.18% year over year, which beat the estimate of $456,200,000. Guidance Earnings guidance hasn't been issued by the company for now. Revenue guidance hasn't been issued by the company for now. How To Listen To The Conference Call Date: Feb 18, 2021 View more earnings on SCL Time: 10:00 AM ET Webcast URL: https://edge.media-server.com/mmc/p/pn42vwjb Recent Stock Performance 52-week high: $131.72 52-week low: $69.33 Price action over last quarter: Up 7.48% Company Description Stepan Co manufactures and sells a variety of chemicals and chemical-base...
SCL Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching SCLWant to do more research on Stepan Co's stock and its price? Try the links below:
Get Free Updates
Join thousands of investors who get the latest news, insights and top rated picks from StockNews.com!