Stepan Company (SCL): Price and Financial Metrics
SCL Stock Summary
- SCL's went public 27.96 years ago, making it older than 79.29% of listed US stocks we're tracking.
- Revenue growth over the past 12 months for Stepan Co comes in at -6.03%, a number that bests only 21.11% of the US stocks we're tracking.
- In terms of volatility of its share price, SCL is more volatile than merely 10.89% of stocks we're observing.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Stepan Co, a group of peers worth examining would be CMTL, MSTR, AMOT, CRTO, and CTS.
- SCL's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Stepan Co's official web site, go to www.stepan.com.
SCL Stock Price Chart More Charts
SCL Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$90.36||52-week high||$105.87|
|Prev. close||$92.58||52-week low||$82.98|
|Day high||$92.08||Avg. volume||123,199|
|50-day MA||$101.02||Dividend yield||1.19%|
|200-day MA||$96.00||Market Cap||2.03B|
Stepan Company (SCL) Company Bio
Stepan Chemical is a major manufacturer of specialty and intermediate chemicals used in a broad range of industries. Stepan is a leading merchant producer of surfactants, which are the key ingredients in consumer and industrial cleaning compounds. The Company is also a leading supplier of Polyurethane polyols used in the expanding thermal insulation market, and C.A.S.E. (Coatings, Adhesives, Sealants, and Elastomers) industries. The company was founded in 1932 and is based in Northfield, Illinois.
SCL Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
Below please find a table outlining a discounted cash flow forecast for SCL, in which we model out valuation assuming a variety of terminal growth rates. To summarize, we found that Stepan Co ranked in the 46st percentile in terms of potential gain offered. Our DCF analysis suggests the stock is overvalued by about 22.5%. In terms of the factors that were most noteworthy in this DCF analysis for SCL, they are:
- SCL's estimated cost of debt, based largely on its market capitalization and its interest coverage ratio, is 3%; for context, that number is higher than 42.16% of tickers in our DCF set.
- Stepan Co's interest coverage rate -- a measure of gross earnings relative to interest payments -- comes in at 19.48. This coverage rate is greater than that of 84.21% of stocks we're observing for the purpose of forecasting via discounted cash flows.
- Relative to other stocks in its sector (Basic Materials), Stepan Co has a reliance on debt greater than only 19.27% of them.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|