Stepan Company (SCL): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
SCL POWR Grades
- Stability is the dimension where SCL ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 96.78% of US stocks.
- SCL's strongest trending metric is Momentum; it's been moving up over the last 31 weeks.
- SCL ranks lowest in Growth; there it ranks in the 39th percentile.
SCL Stock Summary
- SCL's went public 29.39 years ago, making it older than 80.23% of listed US stocks we're tracking.
- With a year-over-year growth in debt of 23.47%, Stepan Co's debt growth rate surpasses 78.03% of about US stocks.
- The volatility of Stepan Co's share price is greater than that of merely 3.11% US stocks with at least 200 days of trading history.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to Stepan Co are THRM, HWKN, MLI, HELE, and MTH.
- SCL's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Stepan Co's official web site, go to www.stepan.com.
SCL Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Basic Materials stock, SCL's EV/EBIT ratio is 17.51% lower, now standing at 14.6.
- Over the past 243 months, SCL's EV/EBIT ratio has gone up 3.9.
- Over the past 243 months, SCL's price/sales ratio has gone up 1.1.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for SCL.
SCL Growth Metrics
- The 4 year net cashflow from operations growth rate now stands at 40.87%.
- Its 3 year price growth rate is now at 44.44%.
- Its 3 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 18.53%.
The table below shows SCL's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
SCL Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
SCL Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$117.95||52-week high||$139.30|
|Prev. close||$118.25||52-week low||$105.96|
|Day high||$119.86||Avg. volume||74,335|
|50-day MA||$125.34||Dividend yield||1.03%|
|200-day MA||$124.15||Market Cap||2.66B|
Stepan Company (SCL) Company Bio
Stepan Chemical is a major manufacturer of specialty and intermediate chemicals used in a broad range of industries. Stepan is a leading merchant producer of surfactants, which are the key ingredients in consumer and industrial cleaning compounds. The Company is also a leading supplier of Polyurethane polyols used in the expanding thermal insulation market, and C.A.S.E. (Coatings, Adhesives, Sealants, and Elastomers) industries. The company was founded in 1932 and is based in Northfield, Illinois.
SCL Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
We started the process of determining a valid price forecast for Stepan Co with a discounted cash flow analysis -- the results of which can be found in the table below. To summarize, we found that Stepan Co ranked in the 42th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. Our DCF analysis suggests the stock is overvalued by about 36.83%. As for the metrics that stood out in our discounted cash flow analysis of Stepan Co, consider:
- SCL's estimated cost of debt, based largely on its market capitalization and its interest coverage ratio, is 3%; for context, that number is higher than 39.36% of tickers in our DCF set.
- Stepan Co's interest coverage rate -- a measure of gross earnings relative to interest payments -- comes in at 33.93. This coverage rate is greater than that of 87.07% of stocks we're observing for the purpose of forecasting via discounted cash flows.
- Relative to other stocks in its sector (Basic Materials), Stepan Co has a reliance on debt greater than just 19.71% of them.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
SCL Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
SCL Latest Social Stream
View Full SCL Social Stream
Latest SCL News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Stepan Co that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate SCL as an investment opportunity.
Stepan Co. (SCL) delivered earnings and revenue surprises of -1.63% and 9.18%, respectively, for the quarter ended June 2021. Do the numbers hold clues to what lies ahead for the stock?
Stepan Company (NYSE: SCL) today reported:
Stepan Company (NYSE:SCL) today reported:
What trends should we look for it we want to identify stocks that can multiply in value over the long term? Amongst...
Dha Powder For Dietary Supplements Sales Market 2021 SWOT Analysis, Competitive Landscape and Significant Growth | Top Brands:DSM, Stepan Company, Novotech Nutraceuticals, Lonza, Arjuna Natural, Ru
This report studies the Dha Powder For Dietary Supplements Sales Market with many aspects of the industry such as market size, market status, market trends and forecast. The report also provides brief information on competitors and opportunities for specific growth with the key market drivers. Find the comprehensive analysis of the Dha Powder For Dietary 
SCL Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|