Stepan Company (SCL): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
SCL POWR Grades
- SCL scores best on the Growth dimension, with a Growth rank ahead of 84.21% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for SCL is in Growth, which has been heading up over the past 178 days.
- SCL ranks lowest in Quality; there it ranks in the 24th percentile.
SCL Stock Summary
- With a one year PEG ratio of 330.49, STEPAN CO is expected to have a higher PEG ratio (a measure of how expensive a stock is relative to its expected earnings growth) than 92.73% of US stocks.
- With a year-over-year growth in debt of 81.53%, STEPAN CO's debt growth rate surpasses 86.22% of about US stocks.
- The volatility of STEPAN CO's share price is greater than that of only 4.6% US stocks with at least 200 days of trading history.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to SCL, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are AVID, AVNW, PII, CTSO, and YQ.
- SCL's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit STEPAN CO's official web site, go to www.stepan.com.
SCL Valuation Summary
- SCL's price/earnings ratio is 16.5; this is 35.8% higher than that of the median Basic Materials stock.
- Over the past 243 months, SCL's price/sales ratio has gone up 0.6.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for SCL.
SCL Growth Metrics
- The 5 year revenue growth rate now stands at 3.02%.
- Its 2 year price growth rate is now at 8.12%.
- Its 4 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 22.62%.
The table below shows SCL's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
SCL's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- SCL has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 50.73% of graded US stocks.
- SCL's asset turnover comes in at 1.181 -- ranking 15th of 50 Consumer Goods stocks.
- CL, LZB, and LEG are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with SCL.
The table below shows SCL's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
SCL Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
SCL Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$113.60||52-week high||$126.24|
|Prev. close||$112.28||52-week low||$91.64|
|Day high||$114.06||Avg. volume||75,725|
|50-day MA||$102.14||Dividend yield||1.29%|
|200-day MA||$103.24||Market Cap||2.53B|
Stepan Company (SCL) Company Bio
Stepan Chemical is a major manufacturer of specialty and intermediate chemicals used in a broad range of industries. Stepan is a leading merchant producer of surfactants, which are the key ingredients in consumer and industrial cleaning compounds. The Company is also a leading supplier of Polyurethane polyols used in the expanding thermal insulation market, and C.A.S.E. (Coatings, Adhesives, Sealants, and Elastomers) industries. The company was founded in 1932 and is based in Northfield, Illinois.
Most Popular Stories View All
SCL Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
SCL Latest Social Stream
View Full SCL Social Stream
Latest SCL News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about STEPAN CO that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate SCL as an investment opportunity.
The board of Stepan Company ( NYSE:SCL ) has announced that it will be paying its dividend of $0.365 on the 15th of...
Stepan Company's ( NYSE:SCL ) dividend will be increasing from last year's payment of the same period to $0.365 on 15th...
Stepan ( NYSE:SCL ) Third Quarter 2022 Results Key Financial Results Revenue: US$719.2m (up 19% from 3Q 2021). Net...
In this article we are going to estimate the intrinsic value of Stepan Company ( NYSE:SCL ) by taking the forecast...
Stepan Co. (SCL) could produce exceptional returns because of its solid growth attributes.
SCL Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|