Stepan Company (SCL): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
SCL POWR Grades
- Stability is the dimension where SCL ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 89.19% of US stocks.
- SCL's strongest trending metric is Quality; it's been moving down over the last 155 days.
- SCL's current lowest rank is in the Growth metric (where it is better than 28.64% of US stocks).
SCL Stock Summary
- Stepan Co's stock had its IPO on March 17, 1992, making it an older stock than 80.24% of US equities in our set.
- With a year-over-year growth in debt of 42.68%, Stepan Co's debt growth rate surpasses 84% of about US stocks.
- The volatility of Stepan Co's share price is greater than that of just 17.56% US stocks with at least 200 days of trading history.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Stepan Co, a group of peers worth examining would be IRBT, AMOT, SUPN, KVHI, and CPSI.
- Visit SCL's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.stepan.com.
SCL Valuation Summary
- SCL's price/sales ratio is 1.3; this is 43.48% lower than that of the median Basic Materials stock.
- Over the past 243 months, SCL's EV/EBIT ratio has gone up 3.2.
- SCL's price/earnings ratio has moved up 2.9 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for SCL.
SCL Growth Metrics
- Its year over year revenue growth rate is now at 7.58%.
- The 4 year net income to common stockholders growth rate now stands at 28.34%.
- The 2 year cash and equivalents growth rate now stands at 3.99%.
The table below shows SCL's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
SCL's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- SCL has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 50.73% of graded US stocks.
- SCL's asset turnover comes in at 1.181 -- ranking 15th of 50 Consumer Goods stocks.
- CL, LZB, and LEG are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with SCL.
The table below shows SCL's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
SCL Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
SCL Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$121.69||52-week high||$139.30|
|Prev. close||$122.27||52-week low||$109.08|
|Day high||$122.33||Avg. volume||55,340|
|50-day MA||$121.58||Dividend yield||1.1%|
|200-day MA||$122.57||Market Cap||2.73B|
Stepan Company (SCL) Company Bio
Stepan Chemical is a major manufacturer of specialty and intermediate chemicals used in a broad range of industries. Stepan is a leading merchant producer of surfactants, which are the key ingredients in consumer and industrial cleaning compounds. The Company is also a leading supplier of Polyurethane polyols used in the expanding thermal insulation market, and C.A.S.E. (Coatings, Adhesives, Sealants, and Elastomers) industries. The company was founded in 1932 and is based in Northfield, Illinois.
Most Popular Stories View All
SCL Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
SCL Latest Social Stream
View Full SCL Social Stream
Latest SCL News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Stepan Co that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate SCL as an investment opportunity.
If you're not sure where to start when looking for the next multi-bagger, there are a few key trends you should keep an...
Brokerages expect that Stepan (NYSE:SCL) will post $551.43 million in sales for the current fiscal quarter, according to Zacks. Four analysts have made estimates for Stepans earnings, with estimates ranging from $503.40 million to $588.00 million. Stepan reported sales of $494.73 million in the same quarter last year, which would suggest a positive year-over-year growth 
Analysts expect Stepan (NYSE:SCL) to post earnings per share (EPS) of $1.12 for the current quarter, according to Zacks Investment Research. Four analysts have provided estimates for Stepans earnings, with estimates ranging from $0.92 to $1.28. Stepan reported earnings per share of $1.42 during the same quarter last year, which would indicate a negative year-over-year 
Wall Street analysts expect Stepan (NYSE:SCL) to report earnings of $1.12 per share for the current fiscal quarter, according to Zacks. Four analysts have issued estimates for Stepans earnings, with estimates ranging from $0.92 to $1.28. Stepan reported earnings per share of $1.42 in the same quarter last year, which suggests a negative year over 
Agricultural Surfactants Market to Worth USD 1,927.5 Million by 2027 | Global Agricultural Surfactants Industry Share, Size, Top Companies, Trends, Growth Factors Details by Fortune Business Insights
Companies covered in agricultural surfactants market are Nufarm (Melbourne, Australia), Clariant (Muttenz, Switzerland), Helena Chemical Company (Tennessee, U.S), BASFSE (Ludwigshafen, Germany), AkzoNobel (Amsterdam, Netherlands), Evonik (Essen, Germany), Solvay (Brussels, Belgium), Huntsman Corporation (Texas, the U.S.), Croda International (Snaith, UK), Wilbur-Ellis Company (San Francisco, the U.S.), Stepan Company (Florida, the U.S.), Nouryon Company (Amsterdam, Netherlands) and other key players profiled Companies covered in agricultural surfactants market are Nufarm (Melbourne, Australia), Clariant (Muttenz, Switzerland), Helena Chemical Company (Tennessee, U.S), BASFSE (Ludwigshafen, Germany), AkzoNobel (Amsterdam, Netherlands), Evonik (Essen, Germany), Solvay (Brussels, Belgium),...
SCL Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|