Stellus Capital Investment Corporation (SCM): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
SCM POWR Grades
- SCM scores best on the Momentum dimension, with a Momentum rank ahead of 80.85% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for SCM is in Stability, which has been heading up over the past 47 weeks.
- SCM's current lowest rank is in the Growth metric (where it is better than 3.07% of US stocks).
SCM Stock Summary
- With a price/earnings ratio of 7.27, Stellus Capital Investment Corp P/E ratio is greater than that of about merely 11.89% of stocks in our set with positive earnings.
- The ratio of debt to operating expenses for Stellus Capital Investment Corp is higher than it is for about 99.28% of US stocks.
- Shareholder yield, a measure of how much is returned to shareholders via dividends and share repurchases, for SCM comes in at -40.66% -- higher than that of merely 6.61% of stocks in our set.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to Stellus Capital Investment Corp are AINV, TSLX, OCSL, SLRC, and PNNT.
- Visit SCM's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to about.pl.
SCM Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Financial Services stock, SCM's EV/EBIT ratio is 67.44% higher, now standing at 14.4.
- Over the past 105 months, SCM's price/sales ratio has gone down 48.6.
- SCM's price/sales ratio has moved down 48.6 over the prior 105 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for SCM.
SCM Growth Metrics
- Its 5 year revenue growth rate is now at 74.15%.
- Its 2 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at -23.01%.
- Its 4 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 436.86%.
The table below shows SCM's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
SCM's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- SCM has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 31.64% of graded US stocks.
- SCM's asset turnover comes in at 0.078 -- ranking 263rd of 457 Trading stocks.
- WELL, TCPC, and SPG are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with SCM.
The table below shows SCM's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
SCM Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
SCM Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$13.02||52-week high||$13.75|
|Prev. close||$13.46||52-week low||$7.90|
|Day high||$13.50||Avg. volume||68,279|
|50-day MA||$13.09||Dividend yield||8.02%|
|200-day MA||$12.40||Market Cap||253.71M|
Stellus Capital Investment Corporation (SCM) Company Bio
Stellus Capital Investment Corporation is a business development company specializing in investments in private middle-market companies. It invests through first lien, second lien, unitranche, and mezzanine debt financing, often with a corresponding equity investment. The company was founded in 2012 and is based in Houston, Texas.
Most Popular Stories View All
SCM Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
SCM Latest Social Stream
View Full SCM Social Stream
Latest SCM News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Stellus Capital Investment Corp that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate SCM as an investment opportunity.
HOUSTON Stellus Capital Investment Corp. (SCM) on Monday reported second-quarter profit of $5.6 million. On a per-share basis, the Houston-based company said it had profit of 29 cents. Earnings, adjusted for investment costs, came to 30 cents per share. The investment company posted revenue of $15.1 million in the period. Stellus Capital shares have 
Stellus Capital (SCM) delivered earnings and revenue surprises of 3.45% and -0.70%, respectively, for the quarter ended June 2021. Do the numbers hold clues to what lies ahead for the stock?
Stellus Capital Investment Corporation Reports Results for its Second Fiscal Quarter Ended June 30, 2021
Stellus Capital Investment Corporation (NYSE: SCM) ("Stellus" or "the Company") today announced financial results for its second fiscal quarter ended June 30, 2021.
Stellus Capital Investment Corporation Announces Earnings Call Time Change; Second Quarter 2021 Earnings Call on August 3, 2021 at 11:00am Central Time
Stellus Capital Investment Corporation (NYSE:SCM) ("Stellus" or "the Company") today announced that it has changed the timing of its previously announced earnings conference call. The Company will now host a conference call to discuss results for the second quarter of 2021 on Tuesday, August 3, 2021 at 11:00 AM, Central Time. The conference call will be led by Robert T. Ladd, chief executive officer, and W. Todd Huskinson, chief financial officer, chief compliance officer, treasurer, and secreta
Stellus Capital (SCM) doesn't possess the right combination of the two key ingredients for a likely earnings beat in its upcoming report. Get prepared with the key expectations.
SCM Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching SCMWant to do more research on Stellus Capital Investment Corp's stock and its price? Try the links below:
Stellus Capital Investment Corp (SCM) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Stellus Capital Investment Corp (SCM) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Stellus Capital Investment Corp (SCM) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch