Sherwin-Williams Company (The) (SHW): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
SHW POWR Grades
- Quality is the dimension where SHW ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 98.95% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for SHW is in Stability, which has been heading up over the past 200 days.
- SHW ranks lowest in Value; there it ranks in the 37th percentile.
SHW Stock Summary
- Sherwin Williams Co's market capitalization of $76,019,033,664 is ahead of 96.75% of US-listed equities.
- Sherwin Williams Co's capital turnover -- a measure of revenue relative to shareholder's equity -- is better than 94.29% of US listed stocks.
- SHW's went public 35.38 years ago, making it older than 92.83% of listed US stocks we're tracking.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Sherwin Williams Co, a group of peers worth examining would be MMC, TFC, ZTS, CB, and INFY.
- Visit SHW's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.sherwin-williams.com.
SHW Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
SHW Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$279.84||52-week high||$293.05|
|Prev. close||$285.84||52-week low||$176.06|
|Day high||$286.84||Avg. volume||1,465,133|
|50-day MA||$255.82||Dividend yield||0.77%|
|200-day MA||$239.47||Market Cap||74.42B|
Sherwin-Williams Company (The) (SHW) Company Bio
Sherwin-Williams Company develops, manufactures, distributes, and sells paints, coatings, and related products to professional, industrial, commercial, and retail customers primarily in North and South America. The company was founded in 1866 and is based in Cleveland, Ohio.
SHW Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
We started the process of determining a valid price forecast for Sherwin Williams Co with a discounted cash flow analysis -- the results of which can be found in the table below. To summarize, we found that Sherwin Williams Co ranked in the 53th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. Our DCF analysis suggests the stock is overvalued by about 6.5%. As for the metrics that stood out in our discounted cash flow analysis of Sherwin Williams Co, consider:
- The company's balance sheet shows it gets 88% of its capital from equity, and 12% of its capital from debt. Notably, its equity weight is greater than 70.69% of US equities in the Basic Materials sector yielding a positive free cash flow.
- SHW's estimated cost of debt, based largely on its market capitalization and its interest coverage ratio, is 3%; for context, that number is higher than 27.43% of tickers in our DCF set.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
SHW Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
SHW Latest Social Stream
View Full SHW Social Stream
Latest SHW News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Sherwin Williams Co that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate SHW as an investment opportunity.
Photo by JHVEPhoto/iStock Editorial via Getty Images Investment thesis In my opinion, "HOLD" is the most appropriate investment recommendation for The Sherwin-Williams Company (SHW) at the moment. Yeah, it is quite stable in terms of financial analysis, and its ability to generate free cash flows is solid. Plus, when compared...
Photo by Colleen Michaels/iStock Editorial via Getty Images Thesis Sherwin-Williams (NYSE: SHW) has displayed stellar returns during the past year. Still, a closer look at historical revenue & EBITDA growth rates demonstrates a prominent cyclical sensitivity to the business cycle. This relationship shows that revenue growth has most recently surpassed...
If the company can raise prices without hurting sales, it can keep growing its profit margin even as input prices rise, says Baird analyst Ghansham Panjabi.
This weekend's Barron's cover story examines the prospects for the U.S. cannabis industry. Other featured articles discuss how cryptocurrency threatens the role of central banks, why steel stocks are due for a fall and whether the tech giants will thrive. Also, see the prospects for a top bank, a leading auto insurer, a paint producer, an iconic shoemaker and more. Cover story " U.S. Pot Producers Are Growing Like Weeds. Here's How to Buy In " by Max A. Cherney and Connor Smith makes a case that, while investors chased Canada's pot stocks like Tilray Inc (NASDAQ: TLRY ), they ignored the faster-growing U.S. cannabis industry. Barron's believes multistate operators like Curaleaf Holdings Inc (OTC: CURLF ) will flourish as state and federal obstacles fall away. Daren Fonda's "What Happens...
Sherwin-Williams' (SHW) first-quarter results are likely to reflect strong demand and cost-control initiatives.
SHW Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|