Sherwin-Williams Company (The) (SHW): Price and Financial Metrics
SHW Stock Summary
- Sherwin Williams Co's market capitalization of $60,320,874,229 is ahead of 96.17% of US-listed equities.
- The capital turnover (annual revenue relative to shareholder's equity) for SHW is 5.09 -- better than 92.38% of US stocks.
- Sherwin Williams Co's stock had its IPO on January 1, 1986, making it an older stock than 92.77% of US equities in our set.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to Sherwin Williams Co are MMC, ECL, ITW, PGR, and COF.
- SHW's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Sherwin Williams Co's official web site, go to www.sherwin-williams.com.
SHW Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
SHW Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$659.56||52-week high||$758.00|
|Prev. close||$673.21||52-week low||$325.43|
|Day high||$676.14||Avg. volume||516,712|
|50-day MA||$715.77||Dividend yield||0.98%|
|200-day MA||$673.49||Market Cap||59.10B|
Sherwin-Williams Company (The) (SHW) Company Bio
Sherwin-Williams Company develops, manufactures, distributes, and sells paints, coatings, and related products to professional, industrial, commercial, and retail customers primarily in North and South America. The company was founded in 1866 and is based in Cleveland, Ohio.
SHW Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
We started the process of determining a valid price forecast for Sherwin Williams Co with a discounted cash flow analysis -- the results of which can be found in the table below. To summarize, we found that Sherwin Williams Co ranked in the 55th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. Specifically, our DCF analysis implies the stock is trading below its fair value by an estimated 8.17%. The most interesting components of our discounted cash flow analysis for Sherwin Williams Co ended up being:
- The company's balance sheet shows it gets 86% of its capital from equity, and 14% of its capital from debt. Its equity weight surpasses that of 69.07% of free cash flow generating stocks in the Basic Materials sector.
- Sherwin Williams Co's interest coverage rate -- a measure of gross earnings relative to interest payments -- comes in at 8.4. This coverage rate is greater than that of 71.18% of stocks we're observing for the purpose of forecasting via discounted cash flows.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
SHW Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
SHW Latest Social Stream
View Full SHW Social Stream
Latest SHW News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Sherwin Williams Co that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate SHW as an investment opportunity.
Sherwin-Williams FasTop™ pouch packaging helps food and beverage facilities accelerate flooring protection
Sherwin-Williams is expanding its industry-leading FasTop™ high performance flooring range and launching new multi-component pouch packaging. Available for purchase beginning March 2 in Europe and …
David Sewell, president and chief operating officer of Sherwin-Williams Co. in Cleveland, has resigned to take the CEO spot in a company outside the paint industry.
In this article we discuss 10 best material dividend stocks to buy now. If you want to skip our detailed analysis of the materials sector and its outlook, go directly to 5 Best Material Dividend Stocks to Buy Now. Materials stocks are volatile, linked to fickle factors like commodities, oil prices, construction industry and consumer […]
Cryptic site plan for Sherwin-Williams headquarters reveals important questions that call for public input
The minimal new site plan for its downtown Cleveland headquarters released recently by Sherwin-Williams reveals important questions that the company and the City of Cleveland should allow to be discussed prior to any final push to get a design approved.
CLEVELAND, March 1, 2021 /PRNewswire/ -- The Sherwin-Williams Company (NYSE: SHW) ("Sherwin-Williams" or the "Company") today announced that David B. Sewell, President and Chief Operating Officer, has notified the Company of his decision to resign effective as of the close of business on…
SHW Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching SHWWant to see what other sources are saying about Sherwin Williams Co's financials and stock price? Try the links below:
Get Free Updates
Join thousands of investors who get the latest news, insights and top rated picks from StockNews.com!