Sherwin-Williams Co. (SHW): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
SHW POWR Grades
- SHW scores best on the Quality dimension, with a Quality rank ahead of 95.25% of US stocks.
- SHW's strongest trending metric is Quality; it's been moving down over the last 179 days.
- SHW's current lowest rank is in the Value metric (where it is better than 30.48% of US stocks).
SHW Stock Summary
- With a market capitalization of $67,527,938,287, Sherwin Williams Co has a greater market value than 96.01% of US stocks.
- Sherwin Williams Co's capital turnover -- a measure of revenue relative to shareholder's equity -- is better than 96.05% of US listed stocks.
- Sherwin Williams Co's stock had its IPO on January 1, 1986, making it an older stock than 92.84% of US equities in our set.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to SHW, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are PGR, ITW, TJX, HUM, and NOC.
- SHW's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Sherwin Williams Co's official web site, go to www.sherwin-williams.com.
SHW Valuation Summary
- SHW's price/sales ratio is 4.1; this is 156.25% higher than that of the median Basic Materials stock.
- Over the past 243 months, SHW's price/earnings ratio has gone up 306.
- Over the past 243 months, SHW's EV/EBIT ratio has gone up 1.2.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for SHW.
SHW Growth Metrics
- Its 2 year price growth rate is now at 44.58%.
- Its year over year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 31.95%.
- Its 3 year revenue growth rate is now at 53.63%.
The table below shows SHW's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
SHW's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- SHW has a Quality Grade of A, ranking ahead of 98.4% of graded US stocks.
- SHW's asset turnover comes in at 0.958 -- ranking 140th of 165 Retail stocks.
- HZO, EZPW, and WINA are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with SHW.
The table below shows SHW's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
SHW Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
SHW Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$223.91||52-week high||$354.15|
|Prev. close||$225.41||52-week low||$214.22|
|Day high||$225.60||Avg. volume||1,749,289|
|50-day MA||$256.33||Dividend yield||1.06%|
|200-day MA||$285.96||Market Cap||58.25B|
Sherwin-Williams Co. (SHW) Company Bio
Sherwin-Williams Company is an American Cleveland, Ohio–based company in the paint and coating manufacturing industry. The company primarily engages in the manufacture, distribution, and sale of paints, coatings, floorcoverings, and related products to professional, industrial, commercial, and retail customers primarily in North and South America and Europe. At the end of 2020, Sherwin-Willams had operations in over 120 countries. (Source:Wikipedia)
Most Popular Stories View All
SHW Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
SHW Latest Social Stream
View Full SHW Social Stream
Latest SHW News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Sherwin Williams Co that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate SHW as an investment opportunity.
Creating wealth in the stock market can be as simple as owning pieces of the world's most powerful corporations and letting them compound for decades. Investing in holding company Berkshire Hathaway (NYSE: BRK.B) means trusting your money with investing legends like Charlie Munger and Warren Buffett, who still run the ship there to this day. The company's built an extensive portfolio of private businesses, including Geico, Duracell, and Fruit of the Loom, and has stakes in public companies like Apple, Coca-Cola, and American Express.
It was a busy week for dividends: Coke, Walmart, Cisco, and several other companies said they were raising their shareholder payouts.
The Sherwin-Williams Co. has named Heidi Petz as its new president and chief operating officer, effective March 1. The Cleveland-based paint giant (NYSE: SHW) said Petz, who was the company's former president of its Americas Group, will be responsible for all of Sherwin-Williams' operating segments, which includes the Americas Group, the Performance Coatings Group, and the Consumer Brands Group, as well as the Global Supply Chain organization.
The Sherwin-Williams (SHW) board elected Heidi G. Petz to serve as President and COO, effective Mar.1, 2022.Ms
The Sherwin-Williams Company (NYSE: SHW) announced today that its Board of Directors has elected Heidi G. Petz to serve as President and Chief Operating Officer effective March 1, 2022. Since 2020, Ms. Petz, 47, has served in senior leadership roles in The Americas Group, including the last year as President. In her new role, Ms. Petz will be responsible for all of Sherwin-Williams' operating segments, which includes The Americas Group, the Performance Coatings Group and the Consumer Brands Grou
SHW Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|