Sherwin-Williams Co. (SHW): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
SHW POWR Grades
- Quality is the dimension where SHW ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 91.66% of US stocks.
- SHW's strongest trending metric is Growth; it's been moving up over the last 177 days.
- SHW ranks lowest in Value; there it ranks in the 17th percentile.
SHW Stock Summary
- SHERWIN WILLIAMS CO's market capitalization of $65,716,178,863 is ahead of 96.79% of US-listed equities.
- SHERWIN WILLIAMS CO's capital turnover -- a measure of revenue relative to shareholder's equity -- is better than 95.74% of US listed stocks.
- SHW's went public 36.95 years ago, making it older than 93.49% of listed US stocks we're tracking.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to SHW, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are AFL, NDAQ, GD, RH, and QCRH.
- Visit SHW's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.sherwin-williams.com.
SHW Valuation Summary
- SHW's EV/EBIT ratio is 28.7; this is 197.41% higher than that of the median Basic Materials stock.
- SHW's price/sales ratio has moved up 2.3 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for SHW.
SHW Growth Metrics
- Its year over year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at -13.82%.
- Its 4 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 84.33%.
- Its year over year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at -41.53%.
The table below shows SHW's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
SHW's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- SHW has a Quality Grade of A, ranking ahead of 98.4% of graded US stocks.
- SHW's asset turnover comes in at 0.958 -- ranking 140th of 165 Retail stocks.
- HZO, EZPW, and WINA are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with SHW.
The table below shows SHW's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
SHW Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
SHW Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$253.46||52-week high||$354.15|
|Prev. close||$253.59||52-week low||$195.24|
|Day high||$255.55||Avg. volume||1,672,437|
|50-day MA||$224.77||Dividend yield||0.95%|
|200-day MA||$242.43||Market Cap||65.68B|
Sherwin-Williams Co. (SHW) Company Bio
Sherwin-Williams Company is an American Cleveland, Ohio–based company in the paint and coating manufacturing industry. The company primarily engages in the manufacture, distribution, and sale of paints, coatings, floorcoverings, and related products to professional, industrial, commercial, and retail customers primarily in North and South America and Europe. At the end of 2020, Sherwin-Willams had operations in over 120 countries. (Source:Wikipedia)
Most Popular Stories View All
SHW Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
SHW Latest Social Stream
View Full SHW Social Stream
Latest SHW News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about SHERWIN WILLIAMS CO that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate SHW as an investment opportunity.
While some investors are already well versed in financial metrics (hat tip), this article is for those who would like...
Sherwin-Williams Company (The) with ticker code (SHW) have now 26 analysts covering the stock. The analyst consensus points to a rating of ''Buy''. The target price ranges between 300 and 210 calculating the average target price we see 256.32. Now with the previous closing price of 250 this now indicates there is a potential upside of 2.5%. The 50 day MA is 219.83 and the 200 day MA is 243.18. The company has a market capitalisation of $64,661m. Find out more information at: https://www.sherwin-williams.com [stock_market_widget type="chart" template="basic" color="green" assets="SHW" range="6mo" interval="1d" axes="true" cursor="true" api="yf"] The potential market cap would be $66,296m based on the market concensus. The Sherwin-Williams Company develops, manufactures, distributes, and ...
Technical analysis for Sherwin-williams SHW including support levels resistance levels and stop losses for SHW
American politician Alan Stuart Lowenthal, the U.S. representative for California''s 47th congressional district, is an active trader of U.S. stocks, with a major focus on the Industrial sector. His recent trading (buying and selling) activity shows that the Congressman sold these five stocks in November: The Blackstone Group Inc. (NYSE:BX), The TJX Companies (NYSE:TJX), T-Mobile US Inc. (NASDAQ:TMUS), The Sherwin-Williams Co. (NYSE:SHW), and Ecolab Inc. (NYSE:ECL). Let’s take a closer look at two companies he sold recently. The TJX Companies (NYSE:TJX) TJX is a leading off-price retailer of apparel and home fashion products. In its Q3FY23 results, TJX delivered mixed results, beating earnings but missing revenue expectations.
Hopeful week for insiders who might be regretting buying US$773k of The Sherwin-Williams Company (NYSE:SHW) stock earlier this year
Insiders who bought US$773k worth of The Sherwin-Williams Company ( NYSE:SHW ) stock in the last year recovered part of...
SHW Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|