Sherwin-Williams Company (The) (SHW): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
SHW POWR Grades
- SHW scores best on the Quality dimension, with a Quality rank ahead of 99.08% of US stocks.
- SHW's strongest trending metric is Growth; it's been moving down over the last 47 weeks.
- SHW ranks lowest in Growth; there it ranks in the 25th percentile.
SHW Stock Summary
- SHW has a higher market value than 96.63% of US stocks; more precisely, its current market capitalization is $78,469,396,447.
- The capital turnover (annual revenue relative to shareholder's equity) for SHW is 6.92 -- better than 95.14% of US stocks.
- The volatility of Sherwin Williams Co's share price is greater than that of 97.86% US stocks with at least 200 days of trading history.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to Sherwin Williams Co are TJX, MMC, MDLZ, ITW, and ANTM.
- Visit SHW's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.sherwin-williams.com.
SHW Valuation Summary
- SHW's price/sales ratio is 4.1; this is 156.25% higher than that of the median Basic Materials stock.
- Over the past 243 months, SHW's price/earnings ratio has gone up 306.
- Over the past 243 months, SHW's EV/EBIT ratio has gone up 1.2.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for SHW.
SHW Growth Metrics
- Its 2 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 42.49%.
- Its 3 year price growth rate is now at 51.05%.
- Its 5 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 118.75%.
The table below shows SHW's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
SHW's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- SHW has a Quality Grade of A, ranking ahead of 99.08% of graded US stocks.
- SHW's asset turnover comes in at 0.956 -- ranking 139th of 164 Retail stocks.
- EZPW, HZO, and YGYI are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with SHW.
The table below shows SHW's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
SHW Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
SHW Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$293.74||52-week high||$310.43|
|Prev. close||$298.02||52-week low||$218.06|
|Day high||$297.04||Avg. volume||1,261,441|
|50-day MA||$295.33||Dividend yield||0.75%|
|200-day MA||$264.98||Market Cap||77.34B|
Sherwin-Williams Company (The) (SHW) Company Bio
Sherwin-Williams Company develops, manufactures, distributes, and sells paints, coatings, and related products to professional, industrial, commercial, and retail customers primarily in North and South America. The company was founded in 1866 and is based in Cleveland, Ohio.
Most Popular Stories View All
SHW Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
SHW Latest Social Stream
View Full SHW Social Stream
Latest SHW News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Sherwin Williams Co that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate SHW as an investment opportunity.
Automotive Paints & Coatings Market Size & Share | North America, Europe, & APAC Industry Forecasts 2026: Graphical Research
Prominent automotive paints and coatings market players include BASF SE, Axalta Coating Systems, AkzoNobel, Sherwin-Williams Company, 3M, Berger Paints India Limited, Clariant, Donglai Coating Technology (Shanghai) Co., Ltd., DuPont, Kansai Nerolac Paints Limited, KCC corporation, Nippon Paint (M) SDN BHD, Cabot Corporation, Covestro LLC, Diamond Vogel, Inc., Eastman chemical company, Kansai Paint Co., Ltd., PPG Industries Inc., and U.S. Paint Corporation. Prominent automotive paints and coatings market players include BASF SE, Axalta Coating Systems, AkzoNobel, Sherwin-Williams Company, 3M, Berger Paints India Limited, Clariant, Donglai Coating Technology (Shanghai) Co., Ltd., DuPont, Kansai Nerolac Paints Limited, KCC corporation, Nippon Paint (M) SDN BHD, Cabot Corporation, Covestro ...
Sherwin-Williams Names Minority Construction Management Firms for New Global Headquarters and R&D Center Project
The Sherwin-Williams Company (NYSE: SHW) is pleased to announce five firms that have been selected for the minority construction management role for the Building Our Future project, which includes the new global headquarters in downtown Cleveland and the new R&D center in Brecksville. Additional firms are expected to be added for multiple roles as the project progresses, including design and landscape architects.
Consumer price inflation diminished slightly in August, bolstering the Fed's view that torrid price increases won’t persist. It is too soon, however, to call the debate settled.
PPG Industries, United Airlines, and Sherwin Williams all blamed Covid-19. But they also see a light at the end of the tunnel--and that's what matters.
The calls for a stock market correction are beginning to blow through the streets of Wall and Broad.
SHW Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|