Sherwin-Williams Co. (SHW): Price and Financial Metrics
SHW Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$289.82||52-week high||$292.84|
|Prev. close||$291.58||52-week low||$205.43|
|Day high||$292.44||Avg. volume||1,469,097|
|50-day MA||$258.03||Dividend yield||0.84%|
|200-day MA||$248.90||Market Cap||74.18B|
SHW Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
SHW POWR Grades
- Quality is the dimension where SHW ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 94.53% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for SHW is in Quality, which has been heading up over the past 177 days.
- SHW ranks lowest in Momentum; there it ranks in the 17th percentile.
SHW Stock Summary
- SHERWIN WILLIAMS CO's market capitalization of $72,266,906,190 is ahead of 96.68% of US-listed equities.
- The capital turnover (annual revenue relative to shareholder's equity) for SHW is 6.09 -- better than 92.99% of US stocks.
- SHERWIN WILLIAMS CO's stock had its IPO on January 1, 1986, making it an older stock than 93.02% of US equities in our set.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to SHW, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are ITW, NOC, HUM, CVS, and INFY.
- SHW's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit SHERWIN WILLIAMS CO's official web site, go to www.sherwin-williams.com.
SHW Valuation Summary
- SHW's EV/EBIT ratio is 22.9; this is 83.2% higher than that of the median Basic Materials stock.
- SHW's price/sales ratio has moved up 2.1 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for SHW.
SHW Growth Metrics
- Its 2 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at -13.97%.
- The year over year price growth rate now stands at 0.9%.
- Its 4 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 48.88%.
The table below shows SHW's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
SHW's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- SHW has a Quality Grade of A, ranking ahead of 98.4% of graded US stocks.
- SHW's asset turnover comes in at 0.958 -- ranking 140th of 165 Retail stocks.
- HZO, EZPW, and WINA are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with SHW.
The table below shows SHW's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
Sherwin-Williams Co. (SHW) Company Bio
Sherwin-Williams Company is an American Cleveland, Ohio–based company in the paint and coating manufacturing industry. The company primarily engages in the manufacture, distribution, and sale of paints, coatings, floorcoverings, and related products to professional, industrial, commercial, and retail customers primarily in North and South America and Europe. At the end of 2020, Sherwin-Willams had operations in over 120 countries. (Source:Wikipedia)
SHW Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
SHW Latest Social Stream
View Full SHW Social Stream
Latest SHW News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about SHERWIN WILLIAMS CO that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate SHW as an investment opportunity.
Whether you're a value, growth, or momentum investor, finding strong stocks becomes easier with the Zacks Style Scores, a top feature of the Zacks Premium research service.
Sherwin-Williams (SHW) benefits from healthy domestic demand, actions to broaden its retail footprint and cost-saving measures.
In this article, we will take a look at the 15 best materials stocks to invest in. To see more such companies, go directly to 5 Best Materials Stocks to Invest In. The year 2024 is poised to reveal the enduring consequences of substantial government expenditures and tax incentives aimed at bolstering manufacturing and infrastructure, […]
Many investors are still learning about the various metrics that can be useful when analysing a stock. This article is...
The Zacks Style Scores offers investors a way to easily find top-rated stocks based on their investing style. Here's why you should take advantage.
SHW Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|