Scotts Miracle-Gro Company (The) (SMG): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
SMG POWR Grades
- SMG scores best on the Momentum dimension, with a Momentum rank ahead of 54.71% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for SMG is in Growth, which has been heading up over the past 177 days.
- SMG's current lowest rank is in the Stability metric (where it is better than 4.95% of US stocks).
SMG Stock Summary
- The capital turnover (annual revenue relative to shareholder's equity) for SMG is 26.57 -- better than 98.99% of US stocks.
- Over the past twelve months, SMG has reported earnings growth of -158.57%, putting it ahead of just 9.88% of US stocks in our set.
- Revenue growth over the past 12 months for SCOTTS MIRACLE-GRO CO comes in at -20.32%, a number that bests just 9% of the US stocks we're tracking.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to SCOTTS MIRACLE-GRO CO are RRGB, GLP, AE, MUSA, and APRN.
- SMG's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit SCOTTS MIRACLE-GRO CO's official web site, go to www.scottsmiraclegro.com.
SMG Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Basic Materials stock, SMG's EV/EBIT ratio is 246.05% lower, now standing at -15.7.
- Over the past 243 months, SMG's price/sales ratio has gone up 0.1.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for SMG.
SMG Growth Metrics
- Its 2 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 24.61%.
- The 2 year price growth rate now stands at -29.87%.
- Its year over year revenue growth rate is now at -7.43%.
The table below shows SMG's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
SMG's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- SMG has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 67.71% of graded US stocks.
- SMG's asset turnover comes in at 1.199 -- ranking 7th of 89 Chemicals stocks.
- GEVO, LXFR, and NEU are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with SMG.
The table below shows SMG's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
SMG Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
SMG Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$82.27||52-week high||$145.26|
|Prev. close||$83.92||52-week low||$39.06|
|Day high||$83.86||Avg. volume||971,713|
|50-day MA||$56.81||Dividend yield||3.21%|
|200-day MA||$69.55||Market Cap||4.56B|
Scotts Miracle-Gro Company (The) (SMG) Company Bio
Scotts Miracle-Gro Company manufactures, markets, and sells consumer lawn and garden care products worldwide. The company was founded in 1868 and is in Marysville, Ohio.
Most Popular Stories View All
SMG Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
SMG Latest Social Stream
View Full SMG Social Stream
Latest SMG News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about SCOTTS MIRACLE-GRO CO that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate SMG as an investment opportunity.
The Scotts Miracle-Gro Company (NYSE:SMG) Q1 2023 Earnings Call Transcript February 1, 2023 Operator: Good day and thank you for standing by. Welcome to The Scotts Miracle-Gro First Quarter Conference Call. At this time, all participants are in a listen-only mode. After the speakers’ presentation, there will be a question-and-answer session. Please be advise that […]
Scotts Miracle-Gro's (SMG) Q1 performance reflects lower sales in the Hawthorne segment resulting from the weakness in the hydroponic industry and lower production volumes in the U.S. Consumer unit.
Scotts (SMG) delivered earnings and revenue surprises of 27.14% and 4.59%, respectively, for the quarter ended December 2022. Do the numbers hold clues to what lies ahead for the stock?
The lawn and cannabis growing products company’s adjusted loss widened to $1.02 a share from 88 cents a share in the year-ago period. Analysts expected Scotts Miracle-Gro to lose $1.34 a share on revenue of $502.4 million, according to estimates compiled by FactSet. Scotts Miracle-Gro said it’s targeting $185 million in annualized savings for an initiative called project springboard.
U.S. Consumer Sales Up 8 Percent YoY First Quarter GAAP Loss of $1.17 Per Share; non-GAAP Loss of $1.02 Per Share Project Springboard to Exceed $185 Million Annualized Savings Net Leverage Ratio Within Covenant at 5.9X Full-Year Sales Guidance Updated for Lower Hawthorne Outlook $1 Billion Free Cash Flow Target Over Next Two Years Reaffirmed MARYSVILLE, Ohio, Feb. 01, 2023 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- The Scotts Miracle-Gro Company (NYSE: SMG), the world’s leading marketer of branded consumer lawn and ga
SMG Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|