Scotts Miracle-Gro Company (The) (SMG): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
SMG POWR Grades
- SMG scores best on the Momentum dimension, with a Momentum rank ahead of 75.21% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for SMG is in Stability, which has been heading down over the past 177 days.
- SMG's current lowest rank is in the Growth metric (where it is better than 7.95% of US stocks).
SMG Stock Summary
- SCOTTS MIRACLE-GRO CO's capital turnover -- a measure of revenue relative to shareholder's equity -- is better than 96.7% of US listed stocks.
- In terms of twelve month growth in earnings before interest and taxes, SCOTTS MIRACLE-GRO CO is reporting a growth rate of -129.98%; that's higher than just 12.17% of US stocks.
- As for revenue growth, note that SMG's revenue has grown -17.9% over the past 12 months; that beats the revenue growth of only 8.99% of US companies in our set.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to SCOTTS MIRACLE-GRO CO, a group of peers worth examining would be LILA, QRTEA, ML, SPNT, and CTIB.
- Visit SMG's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.scottsmiraclegro.com.
SMG Valuation Summary
- SMG's price/sales ratio is 0.7; this is 41.67% lower than that of the median Basic Materials stock.
- Over the past 243 months, SMG's price/earnings ratio has gone down 50.8.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for SMG.
SMG Growth Metrics
- Its year over year revenue growth rate is now at -7.43%.
- Its 5 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 2.95%.
- The 5 year net cashflow from operations growth rate now stands at -30.16%.
The table below shows SMG's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
SMG's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- SMG has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 67.71% of graded US stocks.
- SMG's asset turnover comes in at 1.199 -- ranking 7th of 89 Chemicals stocks.
- GEVO, LXFR, and NEU are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with SMG.
The table below shows SMG's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
SMG Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
SMG Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$44.40||52-week high||$180.43|
|Prev. close||$42.75||52-week low||$42.67|
|Day high||$44.50||Avg. volume||569,528|
|50-day MA||$68.10||Dividend yield||6.18%|
|200-day MA||$105.89||Market Cap||2.46B|
Scotts Miracle-Gro Company (The) (SMG) Company Bio
Scotts Miracle-Gro Company manufactures, markets, and sells consumer lawn and garden care products worldwide. The company was founded in 1868 and is in Marysville, Ohio.
Most Popular Stories View All
SMG Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
SMG Latest Social Stream
View Full SMG Social Stream
Latest SMG News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about SCOTTS MIRACLE-GRO CO that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate SMG as an investment opportunity.
Scotts Miracle-Gro (NYSE: SMG) shareholders underperformed the market through Thursday trading this week. The lawn care and hydroponic growing specialist was down 11% compared to a 1.4% drop in the wider market, according to data provided by S&P Global Market Intelligence. It was sparked by growing concerns about Scotts' ability to turn its business around in today's weakening demand environment.
Climate change is playing right into the hands of the agriculture industry.
Scotts Miracle-Gro (NYSE: SMG) investors lost ground to a falling market on Thursday. The wider market's slide was a factor in Scotts' decline, but investors also have some specific worries about its lawn care and indoor growing businesses. Wall Street sent shares lower across the market for that same reason on Thursday morning.
Here we'll review three farming-related companies that should provide solid returns to investors.
How far off is The Scotts Miracle-Gro Company ( NYSE:SMG ) from its intrinsic value? Using the most recent financial...
SMG Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|