Scotts Miracle-Gro Company (The) (SMG): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
SMG POWR Grades
- SMG scores best on the Quality dimension, with a Quality rank ahead of 67.75% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for SMG is in Quality, which has been heading down over the past 48 weeks.
- SMG ranks lowest in Growth; there it ranks in the 4th percentile.
SMG Stock Summary
- The capital turnover (annual revenue relative to shareholder's equity) for SMG is 4.52 -- better than 91.19% of US stocks.
- SMG's went public 29.67 years ago, making it older than 81.95% of listed US stocks we're tracking.
- Of note is the ratio of Scotts Miracle-Gro Co's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; 85.51% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Scotts Miracle-Gro Co, a group of peers worth examining would be RE, TEX, APAM, DAR, and ATRO.
- Visit SMG's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.scottsmiraclegro.com.
SMG Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Basic Materials stock, SMG's price/sales ratio is 21.74% lower, now standing at 1.8.
- Over the past 243 months, SMG's price/sales ratio has gone up 1.2.
- SMG's EV/EBIT ratio has moved up 4.1 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for SMG.
SMG Growth Metrics
- The year over year cash and equivalents growth rate now stands at -53.25%.
- Its 4 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at -46.25%.
- Its 5 year revenue growth rate is now at 13.26%.
The table below shows SMG's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
SMG's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- SMG has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 67.75% of graded US stocks.
- SMG's asset turnover comes in at 1.199 -- ranking 8th of 90 Chemicals stocks.
- NEU, GEVO, and TSE are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with SMG.
The table below shows SMG's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
SMG Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
SMG Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$144.85||52-week high||$254.34|
|Prev. close||$146.00||52-week low||$139.20|
|Day high||$146.16||Avg. volume||408,616|
|50-day MA||$161.24||Dividend yield||1.82%|
|200-day MA||$203.60||Market Cap||8.08B|
Scotts Miracle-Gro Company (The) (SMG) Company Bio
Scotts Miracle-Gro Company manufactures, markets, and sells consumer lawn and garden care products worldwide. The company was founded in 1868 and is in Marysville, Ohio.
Most Popular Stories View All
SMG Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
SMG Latest Social Stream
View Full SMG Social Stream
Latest SMG News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Scotts Miracle-Gro Co that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate SMG as an investment opportunity.
Scotts Miracle-Gro has two leading businesses, but its stock doesn’t reflect its true value. Investors can reap gains,
Don't panic during this market pullback. Instead, load up on these stocks with above-average yields.
There are many dividend stocks that don’t get much attention.
The Scotts Miracle-Gro Company ( NYSE:SMG ), is not the largest company out there, but it received a lot of attention...
Their businesses don't deal with the marijuana plant directly, so they can freely expand and grow across the country.
SMG Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|