Scotts Miracle-Gro Company (The) (SMG): Price and Financial Metrics
SMG Stock Summary
- Scotts Miracle-Gro Co's capital turnover -- a measure of revenue relative to shareholder's equity -- is better than 94.86% of US listed stocks.
- SMG's one year PEG ratio, measuring expected growth in earnings next year relative to current common stock price is 3,919.34 -- higher than 99.17% of US-listed equities with positive expected earnings growth.
- As for revenue growth, note that SMG's revenue has grown 40.04% over the past 12 months; that beats the revenue growth of 87.49% of US companies in our set.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to Scotts Miracle-Gro Co are RE, FLEX, APAM, CMC, and PWR.
- Visit SMG's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.scottsmiraclegro.com.
SMG Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
SMG Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$213.03||52-week high||$250.00|
|Prev. close||$220.38||52-week low||$76.50|
|Day high||$220.00||Avg. volume||390,703|
|50-day MA||$219.50||Dividend yield||1.13%|
|200-day MA||$170.41||Market Cap||11.87B|
Scotts Miracle-Gro Company (The) (SMG) Company Bio
Scotts Miracle-Gro Company manufactures, markets, and sells consumer lawn and garden care products worldwide. The company was founded in 1868 and is in Marysville, Ohio.
SMG Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
Below please find a table outlining a discounted cash flow forecast for SMG, in which we model out valuation assuming a variety of terminal growth rates. To summarize, we found that Scotts Miracle-Gro Co ranked in the 38th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. We should note, though, that all scenearios modelled for this stock suggest it is overvalued. The most interesting components of our discounted cash flow analysis for Scotts Miracle-Gro Co ended up being:
- The company's debt burden, as measured by earnings divided by interest payments, is 9.44 -- which is good for besting 72.26% of its peer stocks (US stocks in the Basic Materials sector with positive cash flow).
- Scotts Miracle-Gro Co's weighted average cost of capital (WACC) is 9%; for context, that number is higher than just 22.94% of tickers in our DCF set.
- SMG's estimated cost of debt, based largely on its market capitalization and its interest coverage ratio, is 3%; for context, that number is higher than just 22.94% of tickers in our DCF set.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
SMG Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
SMG Latest Social Stream
View Full SMG Social Stream
Latest SMG News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Scotts Miracle-Gro Co that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate SMG as an investment opportunity.
Scotts Miracle-Gro Company (The) -- Moody's announces completion of a periodic review of ratings of Scotts Miracle-Gro Company (The)
Announcement of Periodic Review: Moody's announces completion of a periodic review of ratings of Scotts Miracle-Gro Company (The)Global Credit Research - 22 Feb 2021New York, February 22, 2021 -- Moody's Investors Service ("Moody's") has completed a periodic review of the ratings of Scotts Miracle-Gro Company (The) and other ratings that are associated with the same analytical unit. The review was conducted through a portfolio review discussion held on 9 February 2021 in which Moody's reassessed the appropriateness of the ratings in the context of the relevant principal methodology (ies), recent developments, and a comparison of the financial and operating profile to similarly rated peers. Since 1 January 2019, Moody's practice has been to issue a press release following each periodic...
On January 25, 2021, Scotts Miracle Gro (NYSE:SMG) declared a dividend payable on March 10, 2021 to its shareholders. Scotts Miracle Gro also announced that shareholders on the company's books on or before February 24, 2021 are entitled to the dividend. The stock will then go ex-dividend 1 business day(s) before the record date. Scotts Miracle Gro, whose current dividend payout is $0.62, has an ex-dividend date set at February 23, 2021. The payout equates to a dividend yield of 1.07% at current price levels. What Is An Ex-Dividend Date? An ex-dividend date is when a company's shares stop trading with its current dividend payout in preparation for the company to announce a new one. Usually, a company's ex-dividend date falls one business day before its record date. Investors should keep ...
Sara Menker, Gro Intelligence Founder and CEO, joins 'Influencers with Andy Serwer' to discuss the impact that climate change will have on the global food supply in the near future.
The marijuana industry looks set to witness growth going forward due to wider adoption, making it prudent to look at names like Scotts Miracle-Gro (SMG), GrowGeneration (GRWG) and Tilray (TLRY)
Scotts Miracle-Gro is creeping up in value, but it's still a reasonably priced pick with tremendous growth potential.
SMG Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching SMGHere are a few links from around the web to help you further your research on Scotts Miracle-Gro Co's stock as an investment opportunity:
Get Free Updates
Join thousands of investors who get the latest news, insights and top rated picks from StockNews.com!