Scotts Miracle-Gro Company (The) (SMG): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
SMG POWR Grades
- SMG scores best on the Momentum dimension, with a Momentum rank ahead of 69.13% of US stocks.
- SMG's strongest trending metric is Quality; it's been moving down over the last 31 weeks.
- SMG's current lowest rank is in the Growth metric (where it is better than 15.08% of US stocks).
SMG Stock Summary
- The capital turnover (annual revenue relative to shareholder's equity) for SMG is 5.27 -- better than 93.17% of US stocks.
- Of note is the ratio of Scotts Miracle-Gro Co's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; 85.13% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- As for revenue growth, note that SMG's revenue has grown 45.18% over the past 12 months; that beats the revenue growth of 88.07% of US companies in our set.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Scotts Miracle-Gro Co, a group of peers worth examining would be RE, BAH, ATKR, LEA, and CPB.
- SMG's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Scotts Miracle-Gro Co's official web site, go to www.scottsmiraclegro.com.
SMG Valuation Summary
- SMG's price/sales ratio is 2.2; this is 15.38% lower than that of the median Basic Materials stock.
- SMG's price/earnings ratio has moved up $4.4 over the prior 243 months.
- SMG's EV/EBIT ratio has moved up $5.9 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for SMG.
SMG Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
SMG Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$190.53||52-week high||$254.34|
|Prev. close||$189.94||52-week low||$126.75|
|Day high||$192.10||Avg. volume||401,996|
|50-day MA||$224.50||Dividend yield||1.3%|
|200-day MA||$201.07||Market Cap||10.61B|
Scotts Miracle-Gro Company (The) (SMG) Company Bio
Scotts Miracle-Gro Company manufactures, markets, and sells consumer lawn and garden care products worldwide. The company was founded in 1868 and is in Marysville, Ohio.
SMG Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
The table below illustrates the output of a discounted cash flow forecast using a variety of scenarios for Scotts Miracle-Gro Co. To summarize, we found that Scotts Miracle-Gro Co ranked in the 32th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. Our DCF analysis suggests the stock is overvalued by about 57%. In terms of the factors that were most noteworthy in this DCF analysis for SMG, they are:
- The company's debt burden, as measured by earnings divided by interest payments, is 10.76; that's higher than 72.6% of US stocks in the Basic Materials sector that have positive free cash flow.
- Scotts Miracle-Gro Co's weighted average cost of capital (WACC) is 9%; for context, that number is higher than only 21.42% of tickers in our DCF set.
- SMG's estimated cost of debt, based largely on its market capitalization and its interest coverage ratio, is 3%; for context, that number is higher than only 21.42% of tickers in our DCF set.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
SMG Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
SMG Latest Social Stream
View Full SMG Social Stream
Latest SMG News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Scotts Miracle-Gro Co that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate SMG as an investment opportunity.
The bullish hits that growth stocks have taken over the past few months have rattled some investors. Two stocks that you'll want to consider are Scotts Miracle-Gro (NYSE: SMG) and Alibaba (NYSE: BABA). Investing in the cannabis industry can be a risky proposition: Many companies aren't profitable, the industry isn't federally legal in the U.S., and many investors have lost lots of money on some bad pot stocks.
Miracle-Gro® Encourages Families to Share the Benefits of Edible Gardening, Expands No Kid Hungry Partnership with the Release of the GroMoreGood™ Harvest Donation Bag
Each purchase of the Miracle-Gro® GroMoreGood™ Harvest Donation Bag created in partnership with No Kid Hungry can help provide up to 20 meals for kids living with hunger.* Photo credit: Miracle-Gro Student-designed bag created to inspire families to share their surplus bounty with friends, family and community members in need Every bag purchased can help provide a child with up to 20 healthy meals* MARYSVILLE, Ohio, June 14, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- In an effort to spread the joy of gardening an
The Hawthorne Gardening Company announces support for leading social justice organizations through The Hawthorne Social Justice Fund within The Scotts Miracle-Gro Foundation
$2.5 million fund is dedicated to non-profit organizations working toward social justice reform within state regulated cannabis industriesPORT WASHINGTON, N.Y., June 10, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- The Hawthorne Gardening Company (Hawthorne) today announced the first grantees of The Hawthorne Social Justice Fund within The Scotts Miracle-Gro Foundation. These organizations are leading the charge with criminal and social justice reform for the cannabis industry. They include Last Prisoner Project, M
Scotts Miracle-Gro Company (The found using ticker (SMG) have now 4 analysts covering the stock. The analyst consensus points to a rating of ''Buy''. The target price ranges between 305 and 260 calculating the mean target price we have 291.25. Given that the stocks previous close was at 201.54 this indicates there is a potential upside of 44.5%. There is a 50 day moving average of 227.7 and the 200 day moving average is 218.43. The company has a market capitalisation of $11,215m. You can visit the company''s website by visiting: /> [stock_market_widget type="chart" symbol="SMG" chart="bar" range="6mo" interval="1d" line-color="rgb(49, 125, 189)"] The Scotts Miracle-Gro Company manufactures, markets, and sells consumer lawn and garden products in the United States and internationally. Th...
Scotts (SMG) reported earnings 30 days ago. What's next for the stock? We take a look at earnings estimates for some clues.
SMG Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|