Standard Motor Products, Inc. (SMP): Price and Financial Metrics
SMP Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$33.21||52-week high||$42.42|
|Prev. close||$33.76||52-week low||$31.61|
|Day high||$33.83||Avg. volume||99,670|
|50-day MA||$36.56||Dividend yield||3.39%|
|200-day MA||$36.95||Market Cap||721.52M|
SMP Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
SMP POWR Grades
- SMP scores best on the Sentiment dimension, with a Sentiment rank ahead of 92.08% of US stocks.
- SMP's strongest trending metric is Stability; it's been moving up over the last 179 days.
- SMP ranks lowest in Growth; there it ranks in the 36th percentile.
SMP Stock Summary
- STANDARD MOTOR PRODUCTS INC's stock had its IPO on December 30, 1987, making it an older stock than 90.27% of US equities in our set.
- Of note is the ratio of STANDARD MOTOR PRODUCTS INC's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; 84.97% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- The volatility of STANDARD MOTOR PRODUCTS INC's share price is greater than that of only 4.2% US stocks with at least 200 days of trading history.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to STANDARD MOTOR PRODUCTS INC are ASO, BOOT, MOV, LCII, and VPG.
- SMP's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit STANDARD MOTOR PRODUCTS INC's official web site, go to www.smpcorp.com.
SMP Valuation Summary
- SMP's price/sales ratio is 0.5; this is 73.68% lower than that of the median Consumer Cyclical stock.
- Over the past 243 months, SMP's price/sales ratio has gone up 0.1.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for SMP.
SMP Growth Metrics
- Its 5 year revenue growth rate is now at 0.59%.
- Its 5 year price growth rate is now at -19.2%.
- Its 3 year revenue growth rate is now at 20.75%.
The table below shows SMP's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
SMP's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- SMP has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 91.48% of graded US stocks.
- SMP's asset turnover comes in at 1.187 -- ranking 28th of 68 Automobiles and Trucks stocks.
- DORM, LEA, and LCII are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with SMP.
The table below shows SMP's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
Standard Motor Products, Inc. (SMP) Company Bio
The investment objective of the AlphaMark Actively Managed Small Cap ETF seeks to target stocks exhibiting consistent growth, earnings and cash flow to arrive at a portfolio of 25-40 stocks based on earnings momentum, cash flows relative to capital spending, and reviews of financial statements, enterprise value and management.
SMP Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
SMP Latest Social Stream
View Full SMP Social Stream
Latest SMP News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about STANDARD MOTOR PRODUCTS INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate SMP as an investment opportunity.
RYE, N.Y., Sept. 11, 2023 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Gabelli Funds will host the 47th Annual Automotive Symposium on October 30th and 31st, 2023 at the Encore at Wynn in Las Vegas, Nevada. This two-day symposium will feature presentations by senior managements of leading automotive and trucking companies, with a lineup that enables investors to understand ever-changing dynamics within the automotive industry. Presenting attendees, which include original equipment suppliers, automotive retailers, afterm
What trends should we look for it we want to identify stocks that can multiply in value over the long term? Firstly...
Standard Motor Products (SMP) reported earnings 30 days ago. What's next for the stock? We take a look at earnings estimates for some clues.
Standard Motor Products, Inc. (SMP®) has released 210 new part numbers in its August new number announcement. This most recent release provides new coverage in 72 distinct product categories, and 69 part numbers for 2022, 2023 and 2024 model-year vehicles.
Readers hoping to buy Standard Motor Products, Inc. ( NYSE:SMP ) for its dividend will need to make their move shortly...
SMP Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching SMPHere are a few links from around the web to help you further your research on Standard Motor Products Inc's stock as an investment opportunity:
Standard Motor Products Inc (SMP) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Standard Motor Products Inc (SMP) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Standard Motor Products Inc (SMP) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch