Standard Motor Products, Inc. (SMP): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
SMP POWR Grades
- Sentiment is the dimension where SMP ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 98.38% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for SMP is in Growth, which has been heading down over the past 47 weeks.
- SMP ranks lowest in Growth; there it ranks in the 31st percentile.
SMP Stock Summary
- Standard Motor Products Inc's stock had its IPO on December 30, 1987, making it an older stock than 89.46% of US equities in our set.
- With a year-over-year growth in debt of 44.38%, Standard Motor Products Inc's debt growth rate surpasses 85.27% of about US stocks.
- The volatility of Standard Motor Products Inc's share price is greater than that of only 5.14% US stocks with at least 200 days of trading history.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Standard Motor Products Inc, a group of peers worth examining would be BOOT, MYRG, PRDO, LYTS, and TRNS.
- SMP's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Standard Motor Products Inc's official web site, go to www.smpcorp.com.
SMP Valuation Summary
- SMP's price/sales ratio is 0.8; this is 74.19% lower than that of the median Consumer Cyclical stock.
- SMP's price/sales ratio has moved up 0.5 over the prior 243 months.
- SMP's price/earnings ratio has moved down 43.7 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for SMP.
SMP Growth Metrics
- Its 4 year price growth rate is now at 8.8%.
- Its 4 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 10.26%.
- Its 5 year price growth rate is now at -8.05%.
The table below shows SMP's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
SMP's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- SMP has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 88.85% of graded US stocks.
- SMP's asset turnover comes in at 1.233 -- ranking 22nd of 68 Automobiles and Trucks stocks.
- DORM, LCII, and LEA are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with SMP.
The table below shows SMP's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
SMP Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
SMP Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$41.06||52-week high||$55.29|
|Prev. close||$41.42||52-week low||$39.09|
|Day high||$41.52||Avg. volume||137,532|
|50-day MA||$42.75||Dividend yield||2.41%|
|200-day MA||$43.72||Market Cap||912.39M|
Standard Motor Products, Inc. (SMP) Company Bio
The investment objective of the AlphaMark Actively Managed Small Cap ETF seeks to target stocks exhibiting consistent growth, earnings and cash flow to arrive at a portfolio of 25-40 stocks based on earnings momentum, cash flows relative to capital spending, and reviews of financial statements, enterprise value and management.
Most Popular Stories View All
SMP Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
SMP Latest Social Stream
View Full SMP Social Stream
Latest SMP News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Standard Motor Products Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate SMP as an investment opportunity.
Standard Motor Products (SMP) might move higher on growing optimism about its earnings prospects, which is reflected by its upgrade to a Zacks Rank #1 (Strong Buy).
Standard Motor Products (SMP) reported earnings 30 days ago. What's next for the stock? We take a look at earnings estimates for some clues.
Standard Motor's (SMP) acquisition of Stabil provides it with access to a diversified group of big-league European commercial and light vehicle OE customers.
To find a multi-bagger stock, what are the underlying trends we should look for in a business? Firstly, we'll want to...
Price-to-sales is a convenient tool to gauge the value of stocks that are incurring losses or are in an early development cycle. Stocks like FL, MT, NUS, MET, PIPR, KBH, and SMP are promising picks.
SMP Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching SMPHere are a few links from around the web to help you further your research on Standard Motor Products Inc's stock as an investment opportunity:
Standard Motor Products Inc (SMP) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Standard Motor Products Inc (SMP) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Standard Motor Products Inc (SMP) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch