Standard Motor Products, Inc. (SMP): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
SMP POWR Grades
- SMP scores best on the Quality dimension, with a Quality rank ahead of 94.56% of US stocks.
- SMP's strongest trending metric is Growth; it's been moving down over the last 31 weeks.
- SMP's current lowest rank is in the Growth metric (where it is better than 49.03% of US stocks).
SMP Stock Summary
- SMP's went public 33.5 years ago, making it older than 89.65% of listed US stocks we're tracking.
- With a year-over-year growth in debt of -51.32%, Standard Motor Products Inc's debt growth rate surpasses only 7.96% of about US stocks.
- The volatility of Standard Motor Products Inc's share price is greater than that of only 5.75% US stocks with at least 200 days of trading history.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Standard Motor Products Inc, a group of peers worth examining would be PRDO, OESX, MYRG, STRT, and FSI.
- Visit SMP's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.smpcorp.com.
SMP Valuation Summary
- SMP's price/sales ratio is 0.9; this is 72.73% lower than that of the median Consumer Cyclical stock.
- SMP's price/sales ratio has moved up $0.6 over the prior 243 months.
- Over the past 243 months, SMP's price/sales ratio has gone up $0.6.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for SMP.
SMP Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
SMP Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$44.73||52-week high||$55.29|
|Prev. close||$45.11||52-week low||$37.65|
|Day high||$44.97||Avg. volume||151,615|
|50-day MA||$45.20||Dividend yield||2.22%|
|200-day MA||$44.86||Market Cap||992.42M|
Standard Motor Products, Inc. (SMP) Company Bio
The investment objective of the AlphaMark Actively Managed Small Cap ETF seeks to target stocks exhibiting consistent growth, earnings and cash flow to arrive at a portfolio of 25-40 stocks based on earnings momentum, cash flows relative to capital spending, and reviews of financial statements, enterprise value and management.
SMP Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
The table below illustrates the output of a discounted cash flow forecast using a variety of scenarios for Standard Motor Products Inc. To summarize, we found that Standard Motor Products Inc ranked in the 63th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. More precisely, our analysis suggests the stock is undervalued by approximately 50% on a DCF basis. As for the metrics that stood out in our discounted cash flow analysis of Standard Motor Products Inc, consider:
- Interest coverage, a measure of earnings relative to interest payments, is 61.7 -- which is good for besting 90.87% of its peer stocks (US stocks in the Consumer Cyclical sector with positive cash flow).
- The business' balance sheet suggests that 6% of the company's capital is sourced from debt; this is greater than just 20.15% of the free cash flow producing stocks we're observing.
- SMP's estimated cost of debt, based largely on its market capitalization and its interest coverage ratio, is 3%; for context, that number is higher than 45.36% of tickers in our DCF set.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
SMP Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
SMP Latest Social Stream
View Full SMP Social Stream
Latest SMP News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Standard Motor Products Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate SMP as an investment opportunity.
Price-to-sales is a convenient tool to gauge the value of stocks that are incurring losses or are in an early development cycle. Stocks like BSET, FL, HVT, DKS, MT, VSH and SMP are promising picks.
BorgWarner (BWA) and Standard Products (SMP) have boosted their portfolios with the buyouts of AKASOL and Trombetta, respectively. Meanwhile, Advance Auto Parts (AAP) posts solid Q1 earnings.
Standard Motor Products (SMP) reported earnings 30 days ago. What's next for the stock? We take a look at earnings estimates for some clues.
Zacks.com featured highlights include: Haverty Furniture, Janus Capital, ArcelorMittal, Vishay Intertechnology and Standard Motor Products
Standard Motor's (SMP) buyout of Trombetta enhances its product offering beyond its core aftermarket business into other related markets.
SMP Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching SMPHere are a few links from around the web to help you further your research on Standard Motor Products Inc's stock as an investment opportunity:
Standard Motor Products Inc (SMP) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Standard Motor Products Inc (SMP) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Standard Motor Products Inc (SMP) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch