Southern Co. (SO): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
SO POWR Grades
- Momentum is the dimension where SO ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 75.59% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for SO is in Momentum, which has been heading up over the past 179 days.
- SO ranks lowest in Growth; there it ranks in the 14th percentile.
SO Stock Summary
- Southern Co's market capitalization of $76,399,927,859 is ahead of 96.53% of US-listed equities.
- Of note is the ratio of Southern Co's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; merely 0.5% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- In terms of volatility of its share price, SO is more volatile than only 4.82% of stocks we're observing.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to Southern Co are DUK, SRE, D, TRP, and WELL.
- Visit SO's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.southerncompany.com.
SO Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Utilities stock, SO's price/sales ratio is 10.34% higher, now standing at 3.2.
- SO's price/earnings ratio has moved up 9.9 over the prior 243 months.
- SO's price/sales ratio has moved up 1.4 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for SO.
SO Growth Metrics
- Its 4 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 50.34%.
- Its 5 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 187%.
- Its 5 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at -4.74%.
The table below shows SO's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
SO's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- SO has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 47.28% of graded US stocks.
- SO's asset turnover comes in at 0.176 -- ranking 73rd of 105 Utilities stocks.
- ATO, ED, and AEP are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with SO.
The table below shows SO's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
SO Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
SO Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$75.61||52-week high||$77.24|
|Prev. close||$75.69||52-week low||$60.12|
|Day high||$76.09||Avg. volume||5,831,197|
|50-day MA||$73.53||Dividend yield||3.67%|
|200-day MA||$67.34||Market Cap||80.34B|
Southern Co. (SO) Company Bio
Southern Company is an American gas and electric utility holding company based in the southern United States. It is headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, with executive offices also located in Birmingham, Alabama. The company is currently the second largest utility company in the U.S. in terms of customer base. Through its subsidiaries it serves 9 million gas and electric utility customers in 6 states. Southern Company's regulated regional electric utilities serve a 120,000-square-mile (310,000 km2) territory with 27,000 miles (43,000 km) of distribution lines. (Source:Wikipedia)
Most Popular Stories View All
SO Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
SO Latest Social Stream
View Full SO Social Stream
Latest SO News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Southern Co that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate SO as an investment opportunity.
Virginia Natural Gas awards $100,000 to Pharrell Williams' YELLOWHAB school to fuel students with healthy meals
Virginia Natural Gas (VNG) is partnering with a national recording artist with local roots to help nourish students at a new, one-of-a-kind school in Norfolk, Virginia.
The Southern Company (SO) Q4 2021 Results Conference Call February 17, 2022 01:00 PM ET Company Participants Scott Gammill - IR Director Tom Fanning - Chairman, President and CEO Dan Tucker - CFO Conference Call Participants Julien Dumoulin-Smith - Bank of America James Ward - Guggenheim Jeremy Tonet - JP...
U.S. Department of Energy Awards $5.7 Million for GE-Led Carbon Capture Technology Integration Project Targeting to Achieve 95% Reduction of Carbon Emissions
Carbon capture, utilization, and storage (CCUS) is a crucial pathway to lowering carbon emissions from power generation to near-zero levels; GE-led project includes collaboration with Southern Company, Linde, BASF, and Kiewit; GE Gas Power (www.GE.com/Gas-Power) will develop a front-end engineering design (FEED) study with advanced technology and control concepts to integrate Southern Company subsidiary Alabama […] This post first appeared on African Business
ATLANTA, Feb. 17, 2022 /PRNewswire/ -- Southern Company today reported a fourth-quarter 2021 loss of $215 million, or 20 cents per share, compared with earnings of $387 million, or 37 cents per share, in the fourth quarter of 2020. Southern Company also reported full-year 2021 earnings of…
Southern Co. <
SO Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|