Southern Company (The) (SO): Price and Financial Metrics
SO Stock Summary
- Southern Co's market capitalization of $51,429,914,821 is ahead of 97.1% of US-listed equities.
- Of note is the ratio of Southern Co's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; just 0.32% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- The ratio of debt to operating expenses for Southern Co is higher than it is for about 95.01% of US stocks.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to SO, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are DUK, D, CCI, CNI, and TRP.
- SO's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Southern Co's official web site, go to www.southerncompany.com.
SO Stock Price Chart More Charts
SO Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$55.40||52-week high||$71.10|
|Prev. close||$50.27||52-week low||$41.96|
|Day high||$56.20||Avg. volume||6,305,553|
|50-day MA||$61.85||Dividend yield||4.93%|
|200-day MA||$60.73||Market Cap||58.40B|
Southern Company (The) (SO) Company Bio
Southern Company is involved in the generation, transmission, and distribution of electricity through coal, nuclear, oil and gas, and hydro resources in the states of Alabama, Georgia, Florida, and Mississippi. The company was founded in 1945 and is based in Atlanta, Georgia.