Southern Company (The) (SO): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
SO POWR Grades
- SO scores best on the Growth dimension, with a Growth rank ahead of 93.6% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for SO is in Momentum, which has been heading down over the past 31 weeks.
- SO ranks lowest in Momentum; there it ranks in the 13th percentile.
SO Stock Summary
- SO has a higher market value than 96.27% of US stocks; more precisely, its current market capitalization is $67,530,032,259.
- Of note is the ratio of Southern Co's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; just 0.48% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- The volatility of Southern Co's share price is greater than that of just 3.09% US stocks with at least 200 days of trading history.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to SO, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are DUK, D, TRP, PBR, and F.
- Visit SO's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.southerncompany.com.
SO Valuation Summary
- SO's price/sales ratio is 3.2; this is 60% higher than that of the median Utilities stock.
- SO's price/sales ratio has moved up $1.6 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for SO.
SO Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
SO Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$63.79||52-week high||$66.93|
|Prev. close||$63.85||52-week low||$50.40|
|Day high||$64.14||Avg. volume||3,980,890|
|50-day MA||$64.47||Dividend yield||4.14%|
|200-day MA||$60.27||Market Cap||67.60B|
Southern Company (The) (SO) Company Bio
Southern Company is involved in the generation, transmission, and distribution of electricity through coal, nuclear, oil and gas, and hydro resources in the states of Alabama, Georgia, Florida, and Mississippi. The company was founded in 1945 and is based in Atlanta, Georgia.
SO Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
SO Latest Social Stream
View Full SO Social Stream
Latest SO News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Southern Co that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate SO as an investment opportunity.
Southern Company's (SO) nuclear expansion of Vogtle Unit 3 could cost an additional $2 billion as it faces an unexpected array of quality issues, which might affect the overall project delivery time.
With the break in high temperatures recently, Georgia Power is reminding customers to prepare now for the expected return of summer heat. The company is offering its top 10 tips to help customers keep their homes cool and reduce the impact of the hot weather on power bills. As part of continued efforts to help customers save energy and money, the company has made it easy to find the full menu of energy efficiency solutions and advice at www.GeorgiaPower.com/EnergyEfficiency. In addition to these
ImpactAlpha, June 9 Atlanta-based utility company Georgia Power tapped a $200 million community-focused allocation from its parent, Southern Company. It is looking to The post Georgia Power commits $75 million to advance racial equity and justice appeared first on Impact Alpha .
The startup of the third reactor under construction at Southern Co's Vogtle nuclear power plant in Georgia will likely be delayed beyond the company's first-quarter 2022 estimate, according to advisers to the Georgia Public Service Commission. "It is our opinion that Unit 3 COD (commercial operation date) will be significantly later than the Jan. 18, 2022 Unit 3 COD forecast by the company," an adviser told the commission earlier this week. Officials at Southern were not immediately available for comment.
Companies in the Utilities sector have received a lot of coverage today as analysts weigh in on Southern Co (SO) and Crescent Point The post Analysts Offer Insights on Utilities Companies: Southern Co (SO) and Crescent Point Energy (CPG) appeared first on Smarter Analyst .
SO Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|