Southern Company (The) (SO): Price and Financial Metrics
SO Stock Summary
- Southern Co's market capitalization of $68,775,974,999 is ahead of 97.06% of US-listed equities.
- Of note is the ratio of Southern Co's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; just 0.35% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- For SO, its debt to operating expenses ratio is greater than that reported by 94.9% of US equities we're observing.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to Southern Co are DUK, CNI, UL, D, and CB.
- Visit SO's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.southerncompany.com.
SO Stock Price Chart More Charts
SO Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$69.81||52-week high||$71.10|
|Prev. close||$68.61||52-week low||$49.01|
|Day high||$69.92||Avg. volume||4,313,112|
|50-day MA||$65.87||Dividend yield||3.55%|
|200-day MA||$60.19||Market Cap||73.21B|
Southern Company (The) (SO) Company Bio
Southern Company is involved in the generation, transmission, and distribution of electricity through coal, nuclear, oil and gas, and hydro resources in the states of Alabama, Georgia, Florida, and Mississippi. The company was founded in 1945 and is based in Atlanta, Georgia.