Southern Company (The) (SO) Dividends
Dividend Yield and Dividend History Highlights
- As for free cash flow, SO has greater average cash flow over the past 5.76 years than just 0.97% US-listed dividend payers.
- Currently, SO generates more cash flow over the 12 months prior than just 1.95% of US dividend stocks.
- If you want to include this stock in your dividend portfolio, here are some dividend stocks that are NOT correlated with SO that may be suitable potential portfolio mates: ROL, MPWR, CPB, MRTN and CTLT.
SO Price Forecast Based on Dividend Discount Model
|Current Price||DDM Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
A technique commonly used by dividend investors to value dividend-issuing stocks is the Dividend Discount Model (DDM), which seeks to determine a fair share price based on the dividend provided by the company relative to a number of other company-specific factors. Regarding Southern Co, the DDM model, as implemented by StockNews, implies a positive return of 33.42% relative to its current price. Digging deeper, the aspects of Southern Co's dividend discount model that we found most interesting were:
- In comparison to other stocks in the Utilities sector, Southern Co offers a higher dividend yield than 91.3% of them.
- If we compare the valuation opportunity a dividend discount model provides relative to other dividend stocks in the Utilities sector, Southern Co's expected return of 33.42% is higher than 73.91% of its fellow sector mates.
- Compared to all dividend issuing stocks in our set, SO has a discount rate lower than 73.91% of them (a lower discount rate is associated with lower risk).
SO Dividend Chart
SO Dividend History
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|