Southern Company (The) (SO) Dividends
Dividend Yield and Dividend History Highlights
- SO's average cash flow over the past 5.51 years is greater than just 1.01% of current dividend paying stocks in the US.
- Currently, SO generates more cash flow over the 12 months prior than just 2.01% of US dividend stocks.
- As for stocks whose price is uncorrelated with SO's price and thus may be suitable peers for a diversified dividend portfolio, check out the following: GOOD, VMW, SSSS, FIS and PAAS.
SO Price Forecast Based on Dividend Discount Model
|Current Price||DDM Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
For dividend yielding stocks, the Dividend Discount Model (DDM) is a common valuation tool; it attempts to extrapolate a fair share price based primarily on the dividend the stock provides relative to a number of other quantiative aspects of its business. In the case of SO, the DDM model, as implemented by StockNews, implies a positive return of 31.36% relative to its current price. To help understand and contextualize the model's evaluation of SO, investors may wish to consider are:
- Relative to all dividend yielding stocks in our set, Southern Co's dividend yield of 4.15% is in the top 22.95%.
- SO's market cap of approximately $65 billion makes it a large-sized market cap company; out of dividend issuers in this group, the investment opportunity based on the difference between its current share price and its forecasted DDM value is greater than 77.76% of them.
SO Dividend Chart
SO Dividend History
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|