Spectrum Brands Holdings, Inc. (SPB): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
SPB POWR Grades
- Momentum is the dimension where SPB ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 43.53% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for SPB is in Momentum, which has been heading up over the past 179 days.
- SPB ranks lowest in Growth; there it ranks in the 13th percentile.
SPB Stock Summary
- Spectrum Brands Holdings Inc's stock had its IPO on January 1, 1986, making it an older stock than 92.84% of US equities in our set.
- The price/operating cash flow metric for Spectrum Brands Holdings Inc is higher than 81.57% of stocks in our set with a positive cash flow.
- As for revenue growth, note that SPB's revenue has grown -38.4% over the past 12 months; that beats the revenue growth of only 4.51% of US companies in our set.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to Spectrum Brands Holdings Inc are MG, REVG, THO, ACCO, and GOOS.
- Visit SPB's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.spectrumbrands.com.
SPB Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Consumer Defensive stock, SPB's price/sales ratio is 50% lower, now standing at 0.7.
- Over the past 243 months, SPB's price/sales ratio has gone up 0.2.
- Over the past 243 months, SPB's price/earnings ratio has gone up 19.3.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for SPB.
SPB Growth Metrics
- Its year over year revenue growth rate is now at 16.35%.
- Its 5 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 17.5%.
- Its 4 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at -35.33%.
The table below shows SPB's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
SPB's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- SPB has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 33.02% of graded US stocks.
- SPB's asset turnover comes in at 0.883 -- ranking 15th of 53 Electrical Equipment stocks.
- BLDP, FCEL, and CCF are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with SPB.
The table below shows SPB's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
SPB Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
SPB Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$84.78||52-week high||$107.22|
|Prev. close||$82.05||52-week low||$75.66|
|Day high||$85.53||Avg. volume||353,852|
|50-day MA||$85.64||Dividend yield||1.98%|
|200-day MA||$92.38||Market Cap||3.46B|
Spectrum Brands Holdings, Inc. (SPB) Company Bio
Spectrum Brands Holdings operates as a consumer products company worldwide. The company operates through Global Batteries & Appliances, Global Pet Supplies, Home and Garden Business, and Hardware & Home Improvement segments. The company was founded in 1906 and is based in Middleton, Wisconsin.
Most Popular Stories View All
SPB Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
SPB Latest Social Stream
View Full SPB Social Stream
Latest SPB News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Spectrum Brands Holdings Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate SPB as an investment opportunity.
MIDDLETON, Wis., February 18, 2022--Spectrum Brands Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: SPB; "Spectrum Brands" or the "Company"), a leading global branded consumer products and home essentials company focused on driving innovation and providing exceptional customer service, announced today the completion of its previously announced acquisition of the kitchen appliances and cookware categories of Tristar Products, Inc. ("Tristar").
The consensus price target hints at a 25.2% upside potential for Spectrum (SPB). While empirical research shows that this sought-after metric is hardly effective, an upward trend in earnings estimate revisions could mean that the stock will witness an upside in the near term.
Spectrum Brands, Inc. -- Moody's says that Spectrum Brand's separation of appliance business, Tristar acquisition, adds to portfolio reshaping considered in review
Announcement: Moody's says that Spectrum Brand's separation of appliance business, Tristar acquisition, adds to portfolio reshaping considered in reviewGlobal Credit Research - 08 Feb 2022New York, February 08, 2022 -- Moody's Investors Service ("Moody's") commented that Spectrum Brands, Inc.'s ("Spectrum") plans to separate its appliance business and to acquire Tristar Product's Kitchen Appliance Segment ("Tristar") adds to its ongoing portfolio reshaping plans and will be considered in the review for upgrade.On February 4, 2022, Spectrums Brand Inc. announced that it reached an agreement to purchase Tristar Product's Kitchen Appliance Segment for $325 million in cash and $125 million potential earn-out payments. Spectrum concurrently also announced that it intends to separate its Hom...
Spectrum Brands (NYSE: SPB) has inked a deal to acquire the home appliances and cookware categories of Tristar Products, Inc. for $325 million in cash with additional milestone payments of $125 million in the coming years. Synergies of the Deal Founded in 1992, Tristar's primary business is taking provided ideas and turning them into branded and global distributed products. It markets home appliances, fitness equipment, cooking innovations, and health and beauty products. The addition of Tristar businesses will complement Spectrum Brands' existing home and personal care appliance business and enhance the fast-growing cooking appliances category with the inclusion of popular brands like PowerXL, Emeril Lagasse, and Copper Chef.
The latest 13F reporting period has come and gone, and Insider Monkey is again at the forefront when it comes to making use of this gold mine of data. We at Insider Monkey have plowed through 867 13F filings that hedge funds and well-known value investors are required to file by the SEC. The 13F […]
SPB Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching SPBWant to see what other sources are saying about Spectrum Brands Holdings Inc's financials and stock price? Try the links below:
Spectrum Brands Holdings Inc (SPB) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Spectrum Brands Holdings Inc (SPB) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Spectrum Brands Holdings Inc (SPB) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch