Simon Property Group Inc. (SPG): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
SPG POWR Grades
- SPG scores best on the Quality dimension, with a Quality rank ahead of 88.64% of US stocks.
- SPG's strongest trending metric is Stability; it's been moving up over the last 177 days.
- SPG's current lowest rank is in the Value metric (where it is better than 32.56% of US stocks).
SPG Stock Summary
- SPG has a market capitalization of $33,830,866,756 -- more than approximately 93.27% of US stocks.
- Of note is the ratio of SIMON PROPERTY GROUP INC's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; just 7.63% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- For SPG, its debt to operating expenses ratio is greater than that reported by 95.21% of US equities we're observing.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to SPG, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are MPLX, KMI, WMB, VICI, and PEG.
- Visit SPG's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to sparkpowercorp.com.
SPG Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Real Estate stock, SPG's price/earnings ratio is 22.08% lower, now standing at 15.7.
- Over the past 243 months, SPG's price/sales ratio has gone up 3.3.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for SPG.
SPG Growth Metrics
- Its year over year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 44.38%.
- Its 4 year price growth rate is now at -66.74%.
- Its 2 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at -4.26%.
The table below shows SPG's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
SPG's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- SPG has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 78.04% of graded US stocks.
- SPG's asset turnover comes in at 0.143 -- ranking 128th of 444 Trading stocks.
- RPT, HT, and WHF are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with SPG.
The table below shows SPG's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
SPG Price Target
For more insight on analysts targets of SPG, see our SPG price target page. And for a list of of all stocks sorted by upside potential based on analyst target price, see our Top Price Target page.
|Average Price Target||$150.00||Average Broker Recommendation||1.55 (Moderate Buy)|
SPG Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
SPG Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$104.15||52-week high||$138.65|
|Prev. close||$103.30||52-week low||$86.02|
|Day high||$104.53||Avg. volume||1,663,490|
|50-day MA||$119.89||Dividend yield||6.96%|
|200-day MA||$109.94||Market Cap||34.05B|
Simon Property Group Inc. (SPG) Company Bio
Simon Property Group, Inc. is an American real estate investment trust that invests in shopping malls, outlet centers, and community/lifestyle centers. It is the largest owner of shopping malls in the United States and is headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana. Worldwide, it owns interests in 232 properties comprising approximately 241,000,000 square feet (22,400,000 m2)[needs update] of gross leasable area in North America and Asia. For a list of notable properties owned by the company, see List of Simon Property Group properties. (Source:Wikipedia)
Most Popular Stories View All
SPG Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
SPG Latest Social Stream
View Full SPG Social Stream
Latest SPG News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about SIMON PROPERTY GROUP INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate SPG as an investment opportunity.
Simon Property (SPG) Stock Sinks As Market Gains: What You Should Know
In the latest trading session, Simon Property (SPG) closed at $103.30, marking a -0.17% move from the previous day.
Seeking at Least 7% Dividend Yield? Goldman Sachs Suggests 2 Dividend Stocks to Buy
Since the banking crisis began, investors have been looking toward the Federal Reserve. The central bank’s move on interest rates had been widely anticipated, and investors were eager for a sign to indicate whether the Fed saw inflation or a bank run crisis as the greater threat. With central bank’s announcement of a 25 basis point rate hike, or 0.25%, the impression is that the Fed has tried to take a middle path, and is slowing its interest rate policy to calm the banking sector while not aban
Simon Property Group Announces That Its Two Most Highly Tenured Independent Directors Will Retire from the Board
Simon®, a real estate investment trust engaged in the ownership of premier shopping, dining, entertainment and mixed-use destinations, announced today that its two most highly tenured Independent Directors, J. Albert Smith, Jr. and Karen H. Horn, Ph.D. will retire from the Board of Directors of Simon Property Group, Inc. at the upcoming Annual Meeting to be held on May 4, 2023.
Simon Property Group Announces Appointment of Randall J. Lewis to Board of Directors
Simon®, a real estate investment trust engaged in the ownership of premier shopping, dining, entertainment and mixed-use destinations, announced today that Randall J. Lewis has been appointed to its Board of Directors, effective March 21, 2023. Mr. Lewis is the Managing Partner for Cleveland Avenue, LLC, a venture capital investment firm that invests in agrifood and beverage, related technologies, and life-style related technology investments. He has been with the firm since 2020.
Is It Wise to Retain Simon Property (SPG) Stock Right Now?
Simon Property (SPG) is poised to benefit from its portfolio of premium assets, a focus on omnichannel retailing and strategic buyouts, though higher e-commerce adoption and rate hikes are worrisome.
SPG Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching SPGWant to see what other sources are saying about Simon Property Group Inc's financials and stock price? Try the links below:
Simon Property Group Inc (SPG) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Simon Property Group Inc (SPG) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Simon Property Group Inc (SPG) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch
Loading social stream, please wait...