Sempra (SRE): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
SRE POWR Grades
- Momentum is the dimension where SRE ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 89.22% of US stocks.
- SRE's strongest trending metric is Stability; it's been moving up over the last 178 days.
- SRE ranks lowest in Value; there it ranks in the 4th percentile.
SRE Stock Summary
- SEMPRA ENERGY's market capitalization of $45,719,533,891 is ahead of 95.32% of US-listed equities.
- Of note is the ratio of SEMPRA ENERGY's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; merely 0.42% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- The volatility of SEMPRA ENERGY's share price is greater than that of just 4.35% US stocks with at least 200 days of trading history.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to SEMPRA ENERGY, a group of peers worth examining would be EXC, XEL, O, ES, and AEE.
- Visit SRE's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.sempra.com.
SRE Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Utilities stock, SRE's price/earnings ratio is 9.09% higher, now standing at 21.6.
- SRE's price/sales ratio has moved up 2.3 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for SRE.
SRE Growth Metrics
- Its year over year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 225.96%.
- Its year over year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 42.23%.
- The year over year price growth rate now stands at 18.93%.
The table below shows SRE's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
SRE's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- SRE has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 26.43% of graded US stocks.
- SRE's asset turnover comes in at 0.175 -- ranking 74th of 105 Utilities stocks.
- FE, MGEE, and AWK are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with SRE.
The table below shows SRE's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
SRE Price Target
For more insight on analysts targets of SRE, see our SRE price target page. And for a list of of all stocks sorted by upside potential based on analyst target price, see our Top Price Target page.
|Average Price Target||$151.03||Average Broker Recommendation||1.66 (Moderate Buy)|
SRE Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
SRE Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$145.59||52-week high||$176.47|
|Prev. close||$147.51||52-week low||$136.54|
|Day high||$147.45||Avg. volume||1,377,936|
|50-day MA||$154.68||Dividend yield||3.15%|
|200-day MA||$156.57||Market Cap||45.80B|
Sempra (SRE) Company Bio
Sempra is a North American energy infrastructure company based in San Diego, California. Sempra's focus is on electric and natural gas infrastructure. Its operating companies include: Southern California Gas Company and San Diego Gas & Electric in Southern California; Oncor Electric Delivery Company headquarters in Texas; Sempra Liquefied natural gas|LNG; and IEnova. (Source:Wikipedia)
Most Popular Stories View All
SRE Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
SRE Latest Social Stream
View Full SRE Social Stream
Latest SRE News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about SEMPRA ENERGY that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate SRE as an investment opportunity.
Sempra reaches positive FID for Port Arthur LNG phase 1; KKR buys stake
Sempra Infrastructure Partners (NYSE:SRE) said Monday it reached a positive final investment decision on the $13B Port Arthur LNG Phase 1 project in Texas.
The fully permitted Port Arthur LNG Phase 1 is designed to include two natural gas liquefaction trains, two liquefied natural gas storage tanks and associated facilities with a nameplate capacity of 13M metric tons/year.
The long-term contractable capacity of 10.5M tons/year is fully subscri...
UPDATE 1-Sempra reaches final investment decision on Port Arthur LNG plant's Phase 1
U.S. power and gas utility Sempra Energy said on Monday the first phase of its proposed Port Arthur liquefied natural gas (LNG) export terminal received the financial greenlight to move ahead with investment firm KKR & Co agreeing to a minority stake in the project. Though KKR's investment was not disclosed, an infrastructure fund managed by it will buy a 25% to 49% indirect, non-controlling interest in the project. Sempra Infrastructure Partners, the 70%-owned unit of Sempra, would target 20% to 30% of indirect ownership interest in the project, subject to the closing of the KKR sale.
Sempra Launches Port Arthur LNG Project
Sempra (NYSE: SRE) (BMV: SRE) today announced that its 70%-owned subsidiary, Sempra Infrastructure Partners, LP (Sempra Infrastructure), reached a positive final investment decision (FID) for the development, construction and operation of the Port Arthur LNG Phase 1 project in Jefferson County, Texas.
7 Stocks to Buy Now if the Fed Raises Rates
With the Federal Reserve likely to hike borrowing costs, investors should think carefully about stocks to buy for rising interest rates.
Is Sempra Energy (NYSE:SRE) Worth US$144 Based On Its Intrinsic Value?
Key Insights The projected fair value for Sempra Energy is US$111 based on Dividend Discount Model Sempra Energy is...
SRE Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching SREHere are a few links from around the web to help you further your research on Sempra Energy's stock as an investment opportunity:
Sempra Energy (SRE) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Sempra Energy (SRE) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Sempra Energy (SRE) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch
Loading social stream, please wait...