Sempra Energy (SRE): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
SRE POWR Grades
- SRE scores best on the Stability dimension, with a Stability rank ahead of 73.45% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for SRE is in Value, which has been heading up over the past 52 weeks.
- SRE's current lowest rank is in the Momentum metric (where it is better than 15.83% of US stocks).
SRE Stock Summary
- SRE has a higher market value than 93.21% of US stocks; more precisely, its current market capitalization is $41,333,859,165.
- Of note is the ratio of Sempra Energy's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; just 0.42% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- In terms of volatility of its share price, SRE is more volatile than just 3.37% of stocks we're observing.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Sempra Energy, a group of peers worth examining would be XEL, WELL, AEP, PEG, and AVB.
- SRE's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Sempra Energy's official web site, go to www.sempra.com.
SRE Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Utilities stock, SRE's price/sales ratio is 24.14% higher, now standing at 3.6.
- SRE's EV/EBIT ratio has moved up 9.8 over the prior 243 months.
- Over the past 243 months, SRE's EV/EBIT ratio has gone up 9.8.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for SRE.
SRE Growth Metrics
- Its 5 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 18.93%.
- Its 4 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 92.85%.
- Its 4 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 28.63%.
The table below shows SRE's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
SRE's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- SRE has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 27.02% of graded US stocks.
- SRE's asset turnover comes in at 0.175 -- ranking 75th of 105 Utilities stocks.
- PNM, AQN, and FE are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with SRE.
The table below shows SRE's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
SRE Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
SRE Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$131.28||52-week high||$144.93|
|Prev. close||$129.44||52-week low||$114.66|
|Day high||$131.73||Avg. volume||1,500,283|
|50-day MA||$130.53||Dividend yield||3.4%|
|200-day MA||$130.94||Market Cap||41.92B|
Sempra Energy (SRE) Company Bio
Sempra Energy operates as an energy services holding company worldwide. The company's San Diego Gas & Electric Company segment transmits and distributes electricity and/or natural gas. The companywas founded in 1998 and is based in San Diego, California.
Most Popular Stories View All
SRE Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
SRE Latest Social Stream
View Full SRE Social Stream
Latest SRE News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Sempra Energy that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate SRE as an investment opportunity.
Is Sempra Energy (NYSE:SRE) a good place to invest some of your money right now? We can gain invaluable insight to help us answer that question by studying the investment trends of top investors, who employ world-class Ivy League graduates, who are given immense resources and industry contacts to put their financial expertise to work. […]
Oncor Electric Delivery Company LLC ("Oncor") plans to release its third quarter 2021 results on November 5, prior to Sempra's (NYSE: SRE) (BMV: SRE) third quarter 2021 conference call. Oncor's earnings release will be available on Oncor's website, oncor.com.
Sempra (NYSE: SRE) (BMV: SRE) plans to release its third-quarter 2021 earnings by 7 a.m. ET, Friday, Nov. 5.
Dividends are one of the best benefits to being a shareholder, but finding a great dividend stock is no easy task. Does Sempra (SRE) have what it takes? Let's find out.
Baron & Budd Helps Achieve a $1.8 Billion Settlement with Southern California Gas Company for Historic Aliso Canyon Gas Blowout
DALLAS--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Today, the national law firm of Baron & Budd, as part of the plaintiffs steering committee, announced a $1.8 billion settlement with Southern California Gas Company and its parent company Sempra Energy over personal injury and property damage claims related to the 2015 Aliso Canyon natural gas blowout. The Aliso Canyon natural gas storage facility is located near Porter Ranch in Los Angeles County, California. Over 35,000 victims in the surrounding community were a
SRE Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|