Sempra (SRE): Price and Financial Metrics
SRE Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$73.20||52-week high||$84.13|
|Prev. close||$72.87||52-week low||$63.75|
|Day high||$73.28||Avg. volume||2,660,552|
|50-day MA||$70.36||Dividend yield||3.24%|
|200-day MA||$73.04||Market Cap||46.07B|
SRE Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
SRE POWR Grades
- SRE scores best on the Sentiment dimension, with a Sentiment rank ahead of 72.2% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for SRE is in Quality, which has been heading down over the past 177 days.
- SRE ranks lowest in Value; there it ranks in the 11th percentile.
SRE Stock Summary
- SRE has a market capitalization of $44,266,935,600 -- more than approximately 94.95% of US stocks.
- Of note is the ratio of SEMPRA's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; just 0.15% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- For SRE, its debt to operating expenses ratio is greater than that reported by 92.49% of US equities we're observing.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to SEMPRA are AEP, PCG, ED, O, and EIX.
- SRE's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit SEMPRA's official web site, go to www.sempra.com.
SRE Valuation Summary
- SRE's price/sales ratio is 2.7; this is 35% higher than that of the median Utilities stock.
- SRE's price/sales ratio has moved up 1.9 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for SRE.
SRE Growth Metrics
- Its year over year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 225.96%.
- Its year over year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 42.23%.
- The year over year price growth rate now stands at 18.93%.
The table below shows SRE's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
SRE's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- SRE has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 26.43% of graded US stocks.
- SRE's asset turnover comes in at 0.175 -- ranking 74th of 105 Utilities stocks.
- FE, MGEE, and AWK are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with SRE.
The table below shows SRE's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
Sempra (SRE) Company Bio
Sempra is a North American energy infrastructure company based in San Diego, California. Sempra's focus is on electric and natural gas infrastructure. Its operating companies include: Southern California Gas Company and San Diego Gas & Electric in Southern California; Oncor Electric Delivery Company headquarters in Texas; Sempra Liquefied natural gas|LNG; and IEnova. (Source:Wikipedia)
SRE Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
SRE Latest Social Stream
View Full SRE Social Stream
Latest SRE News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about SEMPRA that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate SRE as an investment opportunity.
1,500 Thanksgiving Meals Distributed to Families in South Los Angeles Ahead of Holiday through Brotherhood Crusade and SoCalGas Partnership
Today, Brotherhood Crusade and Southern California Gas Co. (SoCalGas) distributed Thanksgiving meals, including 1,500 turkeys to families in South Los Angeles during a Grab and Go! Basket Distribution event. SoCalGas supported this annual program through a $50,000 donation as part of the company's Fueling Our Communities $4 million initiative to address food insecurity through new and existing partnerships with food banks and nonprofits.
The near-term prospects of the Zacks Gas Distribution industry, along with systematic investment to strengthen infrastructure and efficiently supply natural gas to customers, should boost the performance of SRE, ATO, SWX and MDU.
Sempra (NYSE: SRE) (BMV: SRE) has been recognized as a Trendsetter for the eighth consecutive year for its civic transparency by the Center for Political Accountability's annual CPA-Zicklin Index of Corporate Political Disclosure and Accountability.
A U.S. court has removed an emissions permit for Sempra's Port Arthur LNG export terminal in Texas, but the company said construction of the facility will continue for now. The approximately 13.5 million-metric-tons-per-annum (mtpa) Port Arthur plant has approval to export LNG to both Free Trade Agreement (FTA) and non-FTA countries, including Europe, and is part of the U.S. LNG expansion to meet growing global demand for the superchilled gas. In its decision, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit on Tuesday found that the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality (TCEQ) failed to impose the same emissions limits on the Port Arthur plant as on other projects, including the Rio Grande LNG project which is now under construction.
Sempra (NYSE: SRE) (BMV: SRE) today announced that its board of directors has declared a $0.595 per share quarterly dividend on the company's common stock, which is payable Jan. 15, 2024, to common stock shareholders of record at the close of business on Dec. 6, 2023.
SRE Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|