Sempra (SRE): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
SRE POWR Grades
- SRE scores best on the Momentum dimension, with a Momentum rank ahead of 75.59% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for SRE is in Momentum, which has been heading up over the past 179 days.
- SRE ranks lowest in Value; there it ranks in the 20th percentile.
SRE Stock Summary
- Sempra Energy's market capitalization of $52,063,953,111 is ahead of 94.78% of US-listed equities.
- Of note is the ratio of Sempra Energy's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; merely 0.5% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- The ratio of debt to operating expenses for Sempra Energy is higher than it is for about 84.55% of US stocks.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to SRE, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are EXC, BCE, TRP, ET, and WELL.
- SRE's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Sempra Energy's official web site, go to www.sempra.com.
SRE Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Utilities stock, SRE's price/sales ratio is 24.14% higher, now standing at 3.6.
- SRE's EV/EBIT ratio has moved up 9.8 over the prior 243 months.
- Over the past 243 months, SRE's EV/EBIT ratio has gone up 9.8.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for SRE.
SRE Growth Metrics
- The 5 year price growth rate now stands at 18.13%.
- The 2 year price growth rate now stands at 12.14%.
- Its 5 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 92.85%.
The table below shows SRE's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
SRE's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- SRE has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 26.43% of graded US stocks.
- SRE's asset turnover comes in at 0.175 -- ranking 74th of 105 Utilities stocks.
- FE, MGEE, and AWK are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with SRE.
The table below shows SRE's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
SRE Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
SRE Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$150.51||52-week high||$173.28|
|Prev. close||$150.31||52-week low||$119.56|
|Day high||$151.07||Avg. volume||1,707,233|
|50-day MA||$158.52||Dividend yield||3.05%|
|200-day MA||$142.69||Market Cap||47.31B|
Sempra (SRE) Company Bio
Sempra is a North American energy infrastructure company based in San Diego, California. Sempra's focus is on electric and natural gas infrastructure. Its operating companies include: Southern California Gas Company and San Diego Gas & Electric in Southern California; Oncor Electric Delivery Company headquarters in Texas; Sempra Liquefied natural gas|LNG; and IEnova. (Source:Wikipedia)
Most Popular Stories View All
SRE Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
SRE Latest Social Stream
View Full SRE Social Stream
Latest SRE News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Sempra Energy that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate SRE as an investment opportunity.
Southern California Gas Co. (SoCalGas), applauds action taken by the California Public Utilities Commission (CPUC) today to establish a renewable gas standard, an important step toward decarbonizing the gas system and reducing short-lived climate pollutant emissions. The action taken by the CPUC today makes California the first state in the country to adopt a renewable gas standard. Under this new renewable gas standard, SoCalGas will be required to replace 12.2 percent of the traditional gas it
Southern California Gas Co. (SoCalGas) today announced that 14 billion cubic feet of renewable natural gas (RNG) produced from organic waste was distributed via SoCalGas' pipeline system in 2021, the equivalent to removing 166,896 cars off the road annually. This is 2 billion cubic feet more than 12 billion cubic feet distributed by SoCalGas in 2020. In addition, the utility completed five RNG interconnection projects last year located throughout its service territory including the San Joaquin V
Sempra Energy (SRE) is seeing favorable earnings estimate revision activity and has a positive Zacks Earnings ESP heading into earnings season.
Sempra's (SRE) Q4 results are likely to reflect a mixed impact of weather conditions on revenues, while higher operating expenses may have hurt the company's earnings.
Pinnacle West Capital's (PNW) fourth-quarter results are likely to reflect the benefits from increased demand and customer growth, driven by the economic development in Arizona.
SRE Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|