Sempra Energy (SRE): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
SRE POWR Grades
- SRE scores best on the Growth dimension, with a Growth rank ahead of 74.78% of US stocks.
- SRE's strongest trending metric is Growth; it's been moving up over the last 169 days.
- SRE ranks lowest in Quality; there it ranks in the 18th percentile.
SRE Stock Summary
- SRE has a market capitalization of $43,417,121,334 -- more than approximately 94.01% of US stocks.
- Of note is the ratio of Sempra Energy's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; merely 0.41% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- In terms of volatility of its share price, SRE is more volatile than only 4.1% of stocks we're observing.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Sempra Energy, a group of peers worth examining would be BCE, XEL, KMI, TRP, and EXC.
- Visit SRE's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.sempra.com.
SRE Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Utilities stock, SRE's price/sales ratio is 24.14% higher, now standing at 3.6.
- SRE's EV/EBIT ratio has moved up 9.8 over the prior 243 months.
- Over the past 243 months, SRE's EV/EBIT ratio has gone up 9.8.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for SRE.
SRE Growth Metrics
- Its 2 year revenue growth rate is now at -1.6%.
- The 4 year revenue growth rate now stands at 7.76%.
- Its 4 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 92.85%.
The table below shows SRE's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
SRE's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- SRE has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 26.43% of graded US stocks.
- SRE's asset turnover comes in at 0.175 -- ranking 74th of 105 Utilities stocks.
- FE, MGEE, and AWK are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with SRE.
The table below shows SRE's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
SRE Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
SRE Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$136.86||52-week high||$144.93|
|Prev. close||$135.96||52-week low||$114.66|
|Day high||$136.98||Avg. volume||1,783,884|
|50-day MA||$129.80||Dividend yield||3.24%|
|200-day MA||$132.08||Market Cap||43.70B|
Sempra Energy (SRE) Company Bio
Sempra Energy operates as an energy services holding company worldwide. The company's San Diego Gas & Electric Company segment transmits and distributes electricity and/or natural gas. The companywas founded in 1998 and is based in San Diego, California.
Most Popular Stories View All
SRE Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
SRE Latest Social Stream
View Full SRE Social Stream
Latest SRE News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Sempra Energy that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate SRE as an investment opportunity.
Morgan Stanley analyst Stephen Byrd maintained a Hold rating on Sempra Energy (SRE – Research Report) today and set a price target of $155.00. The company's shares closed last Thursday at $136.41. According to TipRanks.com, Byrd is a 5-star analyst with an average return of 8.8% and a 57.9% success rate. Byrd covers the Utilities sector, focusing on stocks such as American Electric Power, Nextera Energy Partners, and Pinnacle West Capital. Sempra Energy has an analyst consensus of Moderate Buy, with a price target consensus of $151.91, an 11.4% upside from current levels.
Sempra Infrastructure, a subsidiary of Sempra (NYSE:SRE) (BMV:SRE), announced today it has entered into a memorandum of understanding (MOU) with Entergy Louisiana, LLC to develop options designed to accelerate the deployment of renewable energy to power Sempra Infrastructure's facilities in the state.
The near-term prospects of the Zacks Gas Distribution industry look promising. The gradual improvement in production and demand for natural gas will drive the performance of SRE, ATO, NFG and NJR.
Los Angeles, CA, based Investment company Tcw Group Inc (Current Portfolio) buys Nike Inc, Twilio Inc, Roblox Corp, PepsiCo Inc, Broadcom Inc, sells Splunk Inc, Schlumberger, Zimmer Biomet Holdings Inc, Baker Hughes Co, Sempra Energy during the 3-months ended 2021Q4, according to the most recent filings of the investment company, Tcw Group Inc.
Investment company LifeSteps Financial, Inc. (Current Portfolio) buys PIMCO Enhanced Short Maturity Active Exchange-Trad, iShares Core S&P Small-Cap ETF, Goldman Sachs Group Inc, Tractor Supply Co, United Parcel Service Inc, sells JPMorgan Chase, Exxon Mobil Corp, Sempra Energy, AT&T Inc, MercadoLibre Inc during the 3-months ended 2021Q4, according to the most recent filings of the investment company, LifeSteps Financial, Inc..
SRE Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|