Sunoco L.P. (SUN): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
SUN POWR Grades
- SUN scores best on the Momentum dimension, with a Momentum rank ahead of 90.75% of US stocks.
- SUN's strongest trending metric is Momentum; it's been moving up over the last 51 weeks.
- SUN ranks lowest in Growth; there it ranks in the 32nd percentile.
SUN Stock Summary
- The capital turnover (annual revenue relative to shareholder's equity) for SUN is 16.97 -- better than 98.25% of US stocks.
- Of note is the ratio of Sunoco LP's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; just 8.72% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- With a price/sales ratio of 0.32, Sunoco LP has a higher such ratio than only 4.78% of stocks in our set.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Sunoco LP, a group of peers worth examining would be ENBL, BTU, CSR, PLYM, and CIO.
- Visit SUN's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.sunocolp.com.
SUN Valuation Summary
- SUN's EV/EBIT ratio is 10.4; this is 42.7% lower than that of the median Energy stock.
- Over the past 109 months, SUN's price/sales ratio has gone up 0.2.
- SUN's price/sales ratio has moved up 0.2 over the prior 109 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for SUN.
SUN Growth Metrics
- Its year over year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 206.45%.
- The 5 year price growth rate now stands at -19.95%.
- Its 3 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 6.8%.
The table below shows SUN's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
SUN's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- SUN has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 76.46% of graded US stocks.
- SUN's asset turnover comes in at 2.482 -- ranking 2nd of 137 Petroleum and Natural Gas stocks.
- PXD, CLMT, and CDEV are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with SUN.
The table below shows SUN's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
SUN Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
SUN Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$41.60||52-week high||$42.57|
|Prev. close||$41.86||52-week low||$24.57|
|Day high||$42.57||Avg. volume||386,158|
|50-day MA||$37.47||Dividend yield||7.93%|
|200-day MA||$34.89||Market Cap||4.15B|
Sunoco L.P. (SUN) Company Bio
Sunoco LP engages in the management and distribution of fuel products. It operates through the Fuel Distribution, Marketing and Other segments. The motor Fuel Distribution segment supplies fuels and other petroleum products third-party dealers and distributors, independent operators of commission agent, other commercial consumers of motor fuel and to retail locations. The Marketing segment offer dealers the opportunity to participate in merchandise purchasing and promotional programs arranged with vendors. Other segment includes the Partnership’s retail operations in Hawaii and New Jersey, credit card services, and franchise royalties. The company was founded in June 2012 and is headquartered in Dallas, TX.
Most Popular Stories View All
SUN Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
SUN Latest Social Stream
View Full SUN Social Stream
Latest SUN News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Sunoco LP that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate SUN as an investment opportunity.
Sunoco LP (NYSE: SUN) ("SUN") announced that it will release its third quarter 2021 financial and operating results before the market opens on Wednesday, November 3, 2021. Management will conduct a conference call that same day at 9:00 a.m. Central Time (10:00 a.m. Eastern Time) to discuss the results.
Sunoco (SUN) believes that its midstream business has significantly expanded with the acquisition of the refined product terminals
NuStar (NS) expects to spend $140-$160 million as strategic capital in 2021, which will be funded by the partnership's internally generated cash flows.
Sunoco LP found using ticker (SUN) now have 9 analysts covering the stock with the consensus suggesting a rating of ''Hold''. The range between the high target price and low target price is between 41 and 34 with a mean TP of 38.44. Given that the stocks previous close was at 38.09 this now indicates there is a potential upside of .9%. There is a 50 day moving average of 37.27 and the 200 day moving average is 36.17. The market capitalisation for the company is $3,861m. Find out more information at: /> [stock_market_widget type="chart" symbol="SUN" chart="bar" range="6mo" interval="1d" line-color="rgb(49, 125, 189)"] Sunoco LP, together with its subsidiaries, distributes and retails motor fuels in the United States. It operates in two segments, Fuel Distribution and Marketing, and All O...
SAN ANTONIO--(BUSINESS WIRE)--NuStar Energy L.P. (NYSE: NS) announced today that it has closed on the sale of its Eastern U.S. Terminals to Sunoco LP for $250 million. The Eastern U.S. Terminals are comprised of eight terminal locations: Andrews AFB in Washington, D.C.; Baltimore, MD; Blue Island, IL; Jacksonville, FL; Linden, NJ; Paulsboro, NJ; Piney Point, MD; and Virginia Beach, VA. The companies first announced this sale on August 2, 2021. This divestiture will allow us to deploy the proce
SUN Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|