Sunoco L.P. (SUN): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
SUN POWR Grades
- SUN scores best on the Value dimension, with a Value rank ahead of 83.46% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for SUN is in Stability, which has been heading up over the past 179 days.
- SUN's current lowest rank is in the Growth metric (where it is better than 29.12% of US stocks).
SUN Stock Summary
- The capital turnover (annual revenue relative to shareholder's equity) for SUN is 21.7 -- better than 98.75% of US stocks.
- Of note is the ratio of Sunoco LP's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; merely 7.77% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- With a price/sales ratio of 0.24, Sunoco LP has a higher such ratio than merely 3.57% of stocks in our set.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to SUN, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are PARR, PAGP, AMR, CPE, and PAA.
- SUN's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Sunoco LP's official web site, go to www.sunocolp.com.
SUN Valuation Summary
- SUN's EV/EBIT ratio is 10.4; this is 42.7% lower than that of the median Energy stock.
- Over the past 109 months, SUN's price/sales ratio has gone up 0.2.
- SUN's price/sales ratio has moved up 0.2 over the prior 109 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for SUN.
SUN Growth Metrics
- The 2 year net cashflow from operations growth rate now stands at 52.45%.
- Its 4 year revenue growth rate is now at -2.63%.
- Its year over year revenue growth rate is now at -32.56%.
The table below shows SUN's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
SUN's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- SUN has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 77.64% of graded US stocks.
- SUN's asset turnover comes in at 2.482 -- ranking 2nd of 137 Petroleum and Natural Gas stocks.
- PXD, CLMT, and SNMP are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with SUN.
The table below shows SUN's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
SUN Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
SUN Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$39.88||52-week high||$46.95|
|Prev. close||$39.77||52-week low||$34.61|
|Day high||$40.97||Avg. volume||300,189|
|50-day MA||$41.39||Dividend yield||8.3%|
|200-day MA||$40.37||Market Cap||3.99B|
Sunoco L.P. (SUN) Company Bio
Sunoco LP engages in the management and distribution of fuel products. It operates through the Fuel Distribution, Marketing and Other segments. The motor Fuel Distribution segment supplies fuels and other petroleum products third-party dealers and distributors, independent operators of commission agent, other commercial consumers of motor fuel and to retail locations. The Marketing segment offer dealers the opportunity to participate in merchandise purchasing and promotional programs arranged with vendors. Other segment includes the Partnership’s retail operations in Hawaii and New Jersey, credit card services, and franchise royalties. The company was founded in June 2012 and is headquartered in Dallas, TX.
Most Popular Stories View All
SUN Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
SUN Latest Social Stream
View Full SUN Social Stream
Latest SUN News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Sunoco LP that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate SUN as an investment opportunity.
LPX and SUN made it to the Zacks Rank #1 (Strong Buy) value stocks list on February 25, 2022
R, SUN, and HSIC made it to the Zacks Rank #1 (Strong Buy) value stocks list on February 22nd, 2022
Rating Action: Moody's upgrades Sunoco's rating to Ba2; stable outlookGlobal Credit Research - 22 Feb 2022New York, February 22, 2022 -- Moody's Investors Service (Moody's) upgraded Sunoco LP's (SUN) Corporate Family Rating (CFR) to Ba2 from Ba3, its Probability of Default Rating (PR) to Ba2-PD from Ba3-PD and its senior unsecured notes rating to Ba3 from B1. The outlook is stable."The upgrade reflects Sunoco's ability to grow margins and EBITDA by wringing costs out of its business, despite pandemic-driven demand declines for gasoline and diesel in 2020 and only partial recovery in 2021," said John Thieroff, Moody's analyst.
Higher cost of sales and operating expenses hurt Sunoco's (SUN) earnings in Q4.
Sunoco LP with ticker code (SUN) have now 8 analysts in total covering the stock. The consensus rating is ''Buy''. The range between the high target price and low target price is between 49 and 40 and has a mean target at 45.13. Now with the previous closing price of 42.13 this indicates there is a potential upside of 7.1%. The 50 day MA is 41.89 and the 200 day moving average is 38.88. The market cap for the company is $3,536m. Find out more information at: https://www.sunocolp.com [stock_market_widget type="chart" template="basic" color="green" assets=SUN" range="6mo" interval="1d" axes="true" cursor="true" api="yf"] The potential market cap would be $3,788m based on the market concensus. Sunoco LP, together with its subsidiaries, distributes and retails motor fuels in the United Stat...
SUN Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|