Sunoco L.P. (SUN): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
SUN POWR Grades
- Momentum is the dimension where SUN ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 98.3% of US stocks.
- SUN's strongest trending metric is Growth; it's been moving up over the last 179 days.
- SUN ranks lowest in Growth; there it ranks in the 26th percentile.
SUN Stock Summary
- SUNOCO LP's capital turnover -- a measure of revenue relative to shareholder's equity -- is better than 98.93% of US listed stocks.
- SUN's price/sales ratio is 0.17; that's higher than the P/S ratio of only 4.28% of US stocks.
- The volatility of SUNOCO LP's share price is greater than that of merely 2.57% US stocks with at least 200 days of trading history.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to SUNOCO LP are PARR, ENLC, SWN, PAA, and FTAI.
- Visit SUN's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.sunocolp.com.
SUN Valuation Summary
- SUN's price/sales ratio is 0.2; this is 85.71% lower than that of the median Energy stock.
- SUN's price/earnings ratio has moved down 39.1 over the prior 123 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for SUN.
SUN Growth Metrics
- The 4 year net income to common stockholders growth rate now stands at 118.72%.
- The 5 year net cashflow from operations growth rate now stands at -22.28%.
- The 2 year cash and equivalents growth rate now stands at 235.48%.
The table below shows SUN's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
SUN's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- SUN has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 77.64% of graded US stocks.
- SUN's asset turnover comes in at 2.482 -- ranking 2nd of 137 Petroleum and Natural Gas stocks.
- PXD, CLMT, and SNMP are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with SUN.
The table below shows SUN's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
SUN Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
SUN Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$43.15||52-week high||$46.95|
|Prev. close||$43.17||52-week low||$34.26|
|Day high||$43.52||Avg. volume||279,323|
|50-day MA||$41.13||Dividend yield||7.65%|
|200-day MA||$40.66||Market Cap||4.32B|
Sunoco L.P. (SUN) Company Bio
Sunoco LP engages in the management and distribution of fuel products. It operates through the Fuel Distribution, Marketing and Other segments. The motor Fuel Distribution segment supplies fuels and other petroleum products third-party dealers and distributors, independent operators of commission agent, other commercial consumers of motor fuel and to retail locations. The Marketing segment offer dealers the opportunity to participate in merchandise purchasing and promotional programs arranged with vendors. Other segment includes the Partnership’s retail operations in Hawaii and New Jersey, credit card services, and franchise royalties. The company was founded in June 2012 and is headquartered in Dallas, TX.
Most Popular Stories View All
SUN Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
SUN Latest Social Stream
View Full SUN Social Stream
Latest SUN News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about SUNOCO LP that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate SUN as an investment opportunity.
E ratio of 8.23.TipRanks has tracked 36,000 company insiders and found that a few of them are better than others when it comes to timing their transactions.
Sunoco's (SUN) lower-than-expected Q3 earnings can be attributed to higher total cost of sales and operating expenses.
Here at Zacks, our focus is on the proven Zacks Rank system, which emphasizes earnings estimates and estimate revisions to find great stocks. Nevertheless, we are always paying attention to the latest value, growth, and momentum trends to underscore strong picks.
If you are looking for stocks that have gained strong momentum recently but are still trading at reasonable prices, Sunoco LP (SUN) could be a great choice. It is one of the several stocks that passed through our 'Fast-Paced Momentum at a Bargain' screen.
Global Partners LP (GLP) is at a 52-week high, but can investors hope for more gains in the future? We take a look at the company's fundamentals for clues.
SUN Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|