Stanley Black & Decker Inc. (SWK): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
SWK POWR Grades
- SWK scores best on the Momentum dimension, with a Momentum rank ahead of 76.57% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for SWK is in Growth, which has been heading down over the past 177 days.
- SWK's current lowest rank is in the Growth metric (where it is better than 2.4% of US stocks).
SWK Stock Summary
- STANLEY BLACK & DECKER INC's market capitalization of $11,362,023,536 is ahead of 85.53% of US-listed equities.
- SWK's went public 37.26 years ago, making it older than 93.5% of listed US stocks we're tracking.
- Shareholder yield, a measure of how much is returned to shareholders via dividends and share repurchases, for SWK comes in at 16.68% -- higher than that of 89% of stocks in our set.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to STANLEY BLACK & DECKER INC are DGX, BEN, BWA, FBHS, and VFC.
- SWK's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit STANLEY BLACK & DECKER INC's official web site, go to www.stanleyblackanddecker.com.
SWK Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Industrials stock, SWK's EV/EBIT ratio is 4.49% lower, now standing at 14.9.
- Over the past 243 months, SWK's EV/EBIT ratio has gone up 6.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for SWK.
SWK Growth Metrics
- Its 5 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 6.92%.
- Its 3 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at -41.16%.
- The 5 year price growth rate now stands at -22.19%.
The table below shows SWK's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
SWK's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- SWK has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 55.42% of graded US stocks.
- SWK's asset turnover comes in at 0.71 -- ranking 41st of 60 Construction Materials stocks.
- EXP, CR, and UFPI are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with SWK.
The table below shows SWK's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
SWK Price Target
For more insight on analysts targets of SWK, see our SWK price target page. And for a list of of all stocks sorted by upside potential based on analyst target price, see our Top Price Target page.
|Average Price Target||$235.62||Average Broker Recommendation||1.57 (Moderate Buy)|
SWK Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
SWK Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$77.76||52-week high||$148.20|
|Prev. close||$77.91||52-week low||$70.24|
|Day high||$79.34||Avg. volume||1,925,759|
|50-day MA||$84.45||Dividend yield||4.17%|
|200-day MA||$87.41||Market Cap||11.90B|
Stanley Black & Decker Inc. (SWK) Company Bio
Stanley Black & Decker, Inc., formerly known as The Stanley Works, is a Fortune 500 American manufacturer of industrial tools and household hardware and provider of security products. Headquartered in the greater Hartford city of New Britain, Connecticut, Stanley Black & Decker is the result of the merger of Stanley Works and Black & Decker on March 12, 2010. (Source:Wikipedia)
Most Popular Stories View All
SWK Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
SWK Latest Social Stream
View Full SWK Social Stream
Latest SWK News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about STANLEY BLACK & DECKER INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate SWK as an investment opportunity.
Stanley Black & Decker Announces Release Date for First Quarter 2023 Earnings
Stanley Black & Decker (NYSE: SWK) will broadcast its first quarter 2023 earnings conference call on Thursday, May 4, 2023. The webcast will begin at 8:00AM ET.
Stanley Black & Decker (SWK) Gains As Market Dips: What You Should Know
Stanley Black & Decker (SWK) closed the most recent trading day at $76.76, moving +0.44% from the previous trading session.
Reasons Why You Should Avoid Betting on Stanley Black (SWK)
Weakness in the Tools & Outdoor segment due to reduced retail and consumer demand is weighing on Stanley Black's (SWK) operations. Foreign currency woes are added concerns for the company.
Hold Your Nose and Buy These 3 Out-of-Favor Dividend Gems
Three stocks that currently look like enticing opportunities to a few Fool.com contributors are Stanley Black & Decker (NYSE: SWK), Clearway Energy (NYSE: CWEN.A) (NYSE: CWEN), and Emerson Electric (NYSE: EMR). Here's why they think these high-quality dividend stocks could be great long-term investments for those who buy amid all the current turmoil. Reuben Gregg Brewer (Stanley Black & Decker): After a string of acquisitions, Stanley Black & Decker was inefficient and had a bloated balance sheet.
A Bull Market Is Coming: 3 Stocks to Buy With Dividend Yields Over 4%
Rising interest rates have pushed the value of a 10-year Treasury Note to 3.6%, which is more than double the average dividend yield of the S&P 500 (at 1.7%). A higher risk-free rate adds an opportunity cost to the stock market. The higher the risk-free rate (typically the rate of a treasury bond), the less incentive there is to invest in the stock market.
SWK Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching SWKWant to do more research on Stanley Black & Decker Inc's stock and its price? Try the links below:
Stanley Black & Decker Inc (SWK) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Stanley Black & Decker Inc (SWK) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Stanley Black & Decker Inc (SWK) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch
Loading social stream, please wait...