TransAlta Corporation Ordinary Shares (TAC): Price and Financial Metrics
TAC Stock Summary
- Of note is the ratio of Transalta Corp's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; merely 0.35% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- Revenue growth over the past 12 months for Transalta Corp comes in at -18.62%, a number that bests just 10.26% of the US stocks we're tracking.
- Shareholder yield, a measure of how much is returned to shareholders via dividends and share repurchases, for TAC comes in at 31.48% -- higher than that of 93.16% of stocks in our set.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to TAC, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are ENLC, DAC, LPI, GPOR, and CBL.
- TAC's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Transalta Corp's official web site, go to www.transalta.com.
TAC Stock Price Chart More Charts
TAC Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$8.22||52-week high||$8.27|
|Prev. close||$8.04||52-week low||$5.64|
|Day high||$8.27||Avg. volume||334,977|
|50-day MA||$7.15||Dividend yield||1.46%|
|200-day MA||$6.57||Market Cap||2.28B|
TransAlta Corporation Ordinary Shares (TAC) Company Bio
Transalta Corporation operates as a non-regulated electricity generation and energy marketing company in Canada, the United States, and Western Australia. The company was founded in 1909 and is based in Calgary, Canada.
TAC Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
The table below illustrates the output of a discounted cash flow forecast using a variety of scenarios for Transalta Corp. To summarize, we found that Transalta Corp ranked in the 55st percentile in terms of potential gain offered. We should note, though, that the most conservative analysis suggests this stock will yield negative results -- and thus may be a potential short opportunity. The most interesting components of our discounted cash flow analysis for Transalta Corp ended up being:
- 48% of the company's capital comes from equity, which is greater than only 19.28% of stocks in our cash flow based forecasting set.
- Transalta Corp's interest coverage rate -- a measure of gross earnings relative to interest payments -- comes in at 0.18. This coverage rate is greater than that of just 18.84% of stocks we're observing for the purpose of forecasting via discounted cash flows.
- As a business, Transalta Corp experienced a tax rate of about 0% over the past twelve months; relative to its sector (Utilities), this tax rate is higher than only 0% of stocks generating free cash flow.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|