TransAlta Corporation Ordinary Shares (TAC): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
TAC POWR Grades
- Growth is the dimension where TAC ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 95.92% of US stocks.
- TAC's strongest trending metric is Momentum; it's been moving down over the last 31 weeks.
- TAC's current lowest rank is in the Momentum metric (where it is better than 13.94% of US stocks).
TAC Stock Summary
- Price to trailing twelve month operating cash flow for TAC is currently 3.92, higher than just 13.22% of US stocks with positive operating cash flow.
- Of note is the ratio of Transalta Corp's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; only 0.49% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- Over the past twelve months, TAC has reported earnings growth of -123.6%, putting it ahead of only 16.47% of US stocks in our set.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to TAC, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are NEXA, VNOM, NBR, MIC, and SM.
- TAC's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Transalta Corp's official web site, go to www.transalta.com.
TAC Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
TAC Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$10.81||52-week high||$11.08|
|Prev. close||$10.42||52-week low||$5.72|
|Day high||$11.08||Avg. volume||244,975|
|50-day MA||$9.76||Dividend yield||1.25%|
|200-day MA||$8.66||Market Cap||2.93B|
TransAlta Corporation Ordinary Shares (TAC) Company Bio
Transalta Corporation operates as a non-regulated electricity generation and energy marketing company in Canada, the United States, and Western Australia. The company was founded in 1909 and is based in Calgary, Canada.
TAC Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
We started the process of determining a valid price forecast for Transalta Corp with a discounted cash flow analysis -- the results of which can be found in the table below. To summarize, we found that Transalta Corp ranked in the 15th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. Our DCF analysis suggests the stock is overvalued by about 85.83%. In terms of the factors that were most noteworthy in this DCF analysis for TAC, they are:
- The compound growth rate in the free cash flow of Transalta Corp over the past 4 years is -0.12%; that's higher than only 16.76% of free cash flow generating stocks in the Utilities sector.
- 49% of the company's capital comes from equity, which is greater than just 15.06% of stocks in our cash flow based forecasting set.
- Transalta Corp's interest coverage rate -- a measure of gross earnings relative to interest payments -- comes in at -0.42. This coverage rate is greater than that of only 20.52% of stocks we're observing for the purpose of forecasting via discounted cash flows.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
TAC Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
TAC Latest Social Stream
View Full TAC Social Stream
Latest TAC News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Transalta Corp that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate TAC as an investment opportunity.
TransAlta Corporation (TSX: TA) (NYSE: TAC) ("TransAlta" or the "Company") announced today that it has completed the second of three planned coal-to-gas conversions at its Alberta Thermal power generation facilities near Wabamun, Alberta.
Every investor in TransAlta Corporation ( TSE:TA ) should be aware of the most powerful shareholder groups. Large...
TransAlta Corporation ("TransAlta") (TSX: TA) (NYSE: TAC) will release its second quarter 2021 results before markets open on Tuesday, August 10, 2021. A conference call and webcast to discuss the results will be held for investors, analysts, members of the media and other interested parties the same day beginning at 9:00 a.m. Mountain Time (11:00 a.m. ET). The media will be invited to ask questions following analysts.
TransAlta Corporation ("TransAlta" or the "Company") (TSX: TA) (NYSE: TAC) announced today, together with its partner Tidewater Midstream & Infrastructure Ltd. ("Tidewater"), the closing of the previously announced sale of the Pioneer Pipeline to ATCO Gas and Pipelines Ltd. ("ATCO") for the aggregate sale price of $255 million. The net cash proceeds to TransAlta from the sale are approximately $127.5 million, subject to certain adjustments.
Increased analyst coverage over the past few weeks might lead to solid price appreciation for stocks like TROX, HCI, EMKR, OSS and TAC.
TAC Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|