TransAlta Corporation Ordinary Shares (TAC) Dividends
Dividend Yield and Dividend History Highlights
- In terms of compounded growth rate of annual dividends, TAC's growth rate has been -0.17% over the past 5 years.
- As for its free cash flow/dividend ratio, TAC's comes in at -11.85 -- better than merely 6.66% of other US-listed dividend issuers.
- Free cash flow for TAC has a compound average growth rate of -107.62%, which is higher than only 8.36% of stocks in our dividend set.
- As for stocks whose price is uncorrelated with TAC's price and thus may be suitable peers for a diversified dividend portfolio, check out the following: MRMD, PNC, LCII, MBUU and GCBC.
TAC Price Forecast Based on Dividend Discount Model
|Current Price||DDM Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
For dividend yielding stocks, the Dividend Discount Model (DDM) is a common valuation tool; it attempts to extrapolate a fair share price based primarily on the dividend the stock provides relative to a number of other quantiative aspects of its business. In the case of TAC, the dividend discount model StockNews created for the company implies a negative return of 45.03%. Digging deeper, the aspects of Transalta Corp's dividend discount model that we found most interesting were:
- In comparison to other stocks in the Utilities sector, TAC provides shareholders with a dividend yield greater than 9.72% such stocks.
- If we compare the valuation opportunity a dividend discount model provides relative to other dividend stocks in the Utilities sector, Transalta Corp's expected return of -45.03% is higher than 9.72% of its fellow sector mates.
- Out of all stocks in our universe of US-listed dividend-issuing stocks, Transalta Corp bears a discount rate, according to our calculations, lower than 9.72% of them (lower discount rates are generally perceived as positive, and a sign of lower risk).
- In terms of who is growing the amount of dividends they return to shareholders, Transalta Corp has been increasing its dividends at a faster rate than 6.43% of US-listed dividend-issuing stocks we observed.
TAC Dividend Chart
TAC Dividend History
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|