Target Corporation (TGT): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
TGT POWR Grades
- Value is the dimension where TGT ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 76.36% of US stocks.
- TGT's strongest trending metric is Quality; it's been moving down over the last 177 days.
- TGT ranks lowest in Growth; there it ranks in the 21st percentile.
TGT Stock Summary
- With a market capitalization of $68,445,655,707, TARGET CORP has a greater market value than 97.21% of US stocks.
- TARGET CORP's capital turnover -- a measure of revenue relative to shareholder's equity -- is better than 96.79% of US listed stocks.
- TARGET CORP's stock had its IPO on January 1, 1986, making it an older stock than 93.22% of US equities in our set.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to TARGET CORP, a group of peers worth examining would be BKNG, HUM, PGR, TJX, and CI.
- Visit TGT's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to investors.target.com.
TGT Valuation Summary
- TGT's EV/EBIT ratio is 14.9; this is 12.09% lower than that of the median Consumer Defensive stock.
- TGT's price/sales ratio has moved up 0.1 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for TGT.
TGT Growth Metrics
- The 2 year revenue growth rate now stands at 33.55%.
- The year over year net income to common stockholders growth rate now stands at -5.23%.
- Its 3 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 5.36%.
The table below shows TGT's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
TGT's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- TGT has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 91.79% of graded US stocks.
- TGT's asset turnover comes in at 1.969 -- ranking 50th of 165 Retail stocks.
- APRN, IMKTA, and YGYI are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with TGT.
The table below shows TGT's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
TGT Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
TGT Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$150.17||52-week high||$268.98|
|Prev. close||$148.47||52-week low||$137.16|
|Day high||$150.65||Avg. volume||4,767,030|
|50-day MA||$163.57||Dividend yield||2.91%|
|200-day MA||$192.07||Market Cap||69.12B|
Target Corporation (TGT) Company Bio
Target Corporation operates as a general merchandise retailer in the United States and Canada, offering offering a selection of merchandise, including consumables, seasonal, home products and apparel. The company was founded in 1902 and is based in Minneapolis, Minnesota.
Most Popular Stories View All
TGT Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
TGT Latest Social Stream
View Full TGT Social Stream
Latest TGT News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about TARGET CORP that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate TGT as an investment opportunity.
After multiple retailers struggled with excess inventory, they are now pushing to get a taste of the holiday shopping frenzy early. Inventory management proved to be disastrous earlier this year as Walmart suffered from an excess of bad inventory through the summer. Target also dealt with inventory that wasn't selling during the same period.
Insiders probably made the right decision selling US$666k worth of shares earlier this year as Target Corporation's (NYSE:TGT)) stock dips by 7.0%.
Insiders seem to have made the most of their holdings by selling US$666k worth of Target Corporation ( NYSE:TGT ) stock...
Target Corporation (NYSE: TGT) is a well-known company to the average U.S. consumer. With physical stores across the country and a growing online presence, the company represents a stable investment for many analysts. In today's environment, however, the firm is facing major challenges, especially in the near and medium term. I am neutral on TGT stock. Retail is Becoming Increasingly Digital In the world of online retail, many analysts and investors view physical store companies as having an inherent disadvantage in terms of operating costs and growth velocity.
In the latest trading session, Target (TGT) closed at $152.61, marking a -0.23% move from the previous day.
The rough week for Target (NYSE: TGT) shares continued Friday. Yesterday, Target released two news items of note. Target has already been in the news for accelerating promotions to help resolve a mishandled inventory situation from earlier this year.
TGT Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|