Target Corporation (TGT): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
TGT POWR Grades
- TGT scores best on the Quality dimension, with a Quality rank ahead of 95.02% of US stocks.
- TGT's strongest trending metric is Quality; it's been moving up over the last 31 weeks.
- TGT's current lowest rank is in the Growth metric (where it is better than 52.6% of US stocks).
TGT Stock Summary
- TGT has a higher market value than 98.1% of US stocks; more precisely, its current market capitalization is $128,353,777,056.
- The capital turnover (annual revenue relative to shareholder's equity) for TGT is 6.56 -- better than 94.9% of US stocks.
- Target Corp's stock had its IPO on January 1, 1986, making it an older stock than 92.76% of US equities in our set.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to TGT, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are SNY, IBM, MMM, DEO, and AXP.
- Visit TGT's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to investors.target.com.
TGT Valuation Summary
- TGT's price/sales ratio is 1.3; this is 13.33% lower than that of the median Consumer Defensive stock.
- Over the past 243 months, TGT's price/earnings ratio has gone down 6.1.
- TGT's price/earnings ratio has moved down 6.1 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for TGT.
TGT Growth Metrics
- The 4 year revenue growth rate now stands at 9.94%.
- Its year over year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 71.18%.
- The year over year net cashflow from operations growth rate now stands at 28.5%.
The table below shows TGT's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
TGT Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
TGT Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$260.70||52-week high||$262.38|
|Prev. close||$257.42||52-week low||$121.82|
|Day high||$261.20||Avg. volume||3,482,903|
|50-day MA||$240.16||Dividend yield||1.06%|
|200-day MA||$198.26||Market Cap||128.97B|
Target Corporation (TGT) Company Bio
Target Corporation operates as a general merchandise retailer in the United States and Canada, offering offering a selection of merchandise, including consumables, seasonal, home products and apparel. The company was founded in 1902 and is based in Minneapolis, Minnesota.
TGT Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
We started the process of determining a valid price forecast for Target Corp with a discounted cash flow analysis -- the results of which can be found in the table below. To summarize, we found that Target Corp ranked in the 49th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. We should note, though, that the most conservative analysis suggests this stock will yield negative results -- and thus may be a potential short opportunity. As for the metrics that stood out in our discounted cash flow analysis of Target Corp, consider:
- The company's debt burden, as measured by earnings divided by interest payments, is 6.68 -- which is good for besting 51.51% of its peer stocks (US stocks in the Consumer Defensive sector with positive cash flow).
- 88% of the company's capital comes from equity, which is greater than 66.78% of stocks in our cash flow based forecasting set.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
TGT Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
TGT Latest Social Stream
View Full TGT Social Stream
Latest TGT News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Target Corp that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate TGT as an investment opportunity.
Mattel CEO Ynon Kreiz chats with Yahoo Finance Live after a big quarter and outlook.
In this article, we will be looking at the 10 best Canadian dividend stocks to buy now. If you want to skip our detailed analysis of dividend investing, you can go directly to the 5 Best Canadian Dividend Stocks to Buy Now. Hartford Funds has estimated that 84% of the total return of the S&P […]
Yahoo Finance Live chats with Bed Bath & Beyond CEO about its turnaround plan and new crop of retail investors rooting for it to win.
After the end of the second quarter, let's take a look at where things stand in the InvestorPlace Best Stocks for 2021 contest.
Target Corp. undefined announced a partnership with children''s book author and illustrator Christian Robinson that will include 70 items. Comprised of books,
TGT Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|