Target Corporation (TGT): Price and Financial Metrics
TGT Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$130.93||52-week high||$183.89|
|Prev. close||$133.84||52-week low||$130.63|
|Day high||$135.26||Avg. volume||3,598,321|
|50-day MA||$157.28||Dividend yield||3.11%|
|200-day MA||$160.28||Market Cap||60.43B|
TGT Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
TGT POWR Grades
- TGT scores best on the Momentum dimension, with a Momentum rank ahead of 80.11% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for TGT is in Stability, which has been heading up over the past 179 days.
- TGT's current lowest rank is in the Growth metric (where it is better than 12.87% of US stocks).
TGT Stock Summary
- TARGET CORP's market capitalization of $65,878,087,112 is ahead of 96.77% of US-listed equities.
- TARGET CORP's capital turnover -- a measure of revenue relative to shareholder's equity -- is better than 96.14% of US listed stocks.
- In terms of volatility of its share price, TGT is more volatile than merely 2.62% of stocks we're observing.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to TGT, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are HUM, ITW, EL, SHW, and TRI.
- TGT's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit TARGET CORP's official web site, go to investors.target.com.
TGT Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Consumer Defensive stock, TGT's EV/EBIT ratio is 15.2% higher, now standing at 21.6.
- Over the past 243 months, TGT's price/sales ratio has gone down 0.1.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for TGT.
TGT Growth Metrics
- Its 4 year price growth rate is now at 120.57%.
- Its 4 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at -0.57%.
- Its year over year price growth rate is now at -26.34%.
The table below shows TGT's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
TGT's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- TGT has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 91.79% of graded US stocks.
- TGT's asset turnover comes in at 1.969 -- ranking 50th of 165 Retail stocks.
- APRN, IMKTA, and YGYI are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with TGT.
The table below shows TGT's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
TGT Price Target
For more insight on analysts targets of TGT, see our TGT price target page. And for a list of of all stocks sorted by upside potential based on analyst target price, see our Top Price Target page.
|Average Price Target||$279.74||Average Broker Recommendation||1.45 (Moderate Buy)|
Target Corporation (TGT) Company Bio
Target Corporation operates as a general merchandise retailer in the United States and Canada, offering offering a selection of merchandise, including consumables, seasonal, home products and apparel. The company was founded in 1902 and is based in Minneapolis, Minnesota.
Most Popular Stories View All
TGT Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
TGT Latest Social Stream
View Full TGT Social Stream
Latest TGT News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about TARGET CORP that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate TGT as an investment opportunity.
Conservatives Now Praise Target For Doing This
The retailer, facing right wing-led boycotts for supporting LGBTQ causes, appears to have validated a favorite conservative argument.
Target Recalls 5 Million Popular Items for Terrifying Reason
Target is recalling nearly 5 million candles following reports of severe burns and lacerations, safety regulators said. The recall involves 4.9 million Threshold Glass Jar 5.5 ounce 1-Wick, 14 ounce 3-Wick and 20 ounce 3-Wick Candles in multiple scents, the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission said. Consumers are advised to immediately stop using the recalled candles and return them to any Target store for a full refund or contact Target to receive a prepaid return label to return the candles by mail, the commission said.
Multi-brand retailers 'much better positioned' than traditional retail: Analyst
Coresight Research CEO Deborah Weinswig joins Yahoo Finance Live to discuss the state of the consumer, multi-brand retailers, what to expect from upcoming retail earnings reports, and retail inventory.
Retail Earnings: What earnings are saying about the state of the consumer
Yahoo Finance Live previews the week in retail earnings ahead of reporting from retail giants such as BJ's, Dollar Tree, and Costco.
Retail stocks continue to measure health of economy, consumer
Interactive Brokers Chief Strategist Steve Sosnick and Yahoo Finance Executive Editor Brian Sozzi join Yahoo Finance Live to discuss retail earnings reports, the state of the consumer, and retail stocks.
TGT Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching TGTWant to do more research on Target Corp's stock and its price? Try the links below:
Target Corp (TGT) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Target Corp (TGT) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Target Corp (TGT) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch
Loading social stream, please wait...