Target Corporation (TGT): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
TGT POWR Grades
- Value is the dimension where TGT ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 70.84% of US stocks.
- TGT's strongest trending metric is Quality; it's been moving down over the last 177 days.
- TGT ranks lowest in Growth; there it ranks in the 13th percentile.
TGT Stock Summary
- With a market capitalization of $76,885,593,999, TARGET CORP has a greater market value than 97.18% of US stocks.
- TARGET CORP's capital turnover -- a measure of revenue relative to shareholder's equity -- is better than 96.63% of US listed stocks.
- TARGET CORP's stock had its IPO on January 1, 1986, making it an older stock than 93.53% of US equities in our set.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to TGT, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are HUM, ITW, TJX, MMC, and MDLZ.
- Visit TGT's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to investors.target.com.
TGT Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Consumer Defensive stock, TGT's EV/EBIT ratio is 0.26% lower, now standing at 19.
- Over the past 243 months, TGT's EV/EBIT ratio has gone up 7.6.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for TGT.
TGT Growth Metrics
- The 5 year net cashflow from operations growth rate now stands at 24.43%.
- Its 3 year price growth rate is now at 107.76%.
- Its 2 year revenue growth rate is now at 33.55%.
The table below shows TGT's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
TGT's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- TGT has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 91.79% of graded US stocks.
- TGT's asset turnover comes in at 1.969 -- ranking 50th of 165 Retail stocks.
- APRN, IMKTA, and YGYI are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with TGT.
The table below shows TGT's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
TGT Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
TGT Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$168.68||52-week high||$254.87|
|Prev. close||$168.51||52-week low||$137.16|
|Day high||$169.59||Avg. volume||3,290,079|
|50-day MA||$156.55||Dividend yield||2.56%|
|200-day MA||$166.47||Market Cap||77.64B|
Target Corporation (TGT) Company Bio
Target Corporation operates as a general merchandise retailer in the United States and Canada, offering offering a selection of merchandise, including consumables, seasonal, home products and apparel. The company was founded in 1902 and is based in Minneapolis, Minnesota.
Most Popular Stories View All
TGT Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
TGT Latest Social Stream
View Full TGT Social Stream
Latest TGT News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about TARGET CORP that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate TGT as an investment opportunity.
The past year was tough for stock investors. Every major U.S. stock index fell into bear territory in 2022, and even some highly coveted blue chips sank by double digits. Here are two ultra-safe dividend stocks that investors shouldn't regret owning no matter which way the market turns in 2023.
Last year was a tough one for most companies and investors. The three major indexes touched bear territory. And even the strongest of companies saw their share prices slip. Everyone is hoping 2023 will bring better days.
If you frequently shop at Target, you already know this retailer can help you save money on anything from pillows to Pepsi. With more than 1,800 stores across the U.S., the retail giant has made its...
Oppenheimer launched coverage on Target Corporation (TGT) with an Outperform rating following a year of underperformance for the retail stock. Read more.
Yahoo Finance Live’s Brian Sozzi discusses Target stock and provides his take on the retail giant ahead of earnings.
TGT Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|