Target Corporation (TGT): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
TGT POWR Grades
- TGT scores best on the Quality dimension, with a Quality rank ahead of 91.82% of US stocks.
- TGT's strongest trending metric is Stability; it's been moving up over the last 52 weeks.
- TGT ranks lowest in Momentum; there it ranks in the 26th percentile.
TGT Stock Summary
- TGT has a market capitalization of $124,064,407,663 -- more than approximately 97.92% of US stocks.
- Target Corp's capital turnover -- a measure of revenue relative to shareholder's equity -- is better than 94.97% of US listed stocks.
- Target Corp's stock had its IPO on January 1, 1986, making it an older stock than 92.68% of US equities in our set.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Target Corp, a group of peers worth examining would be CVS, EL, ANTM, AXP, and HDB.
- Visit TGT's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to investors.target.com.
TGT Valuation Summary
- TGT's price/sales ratio is 1.2; this is 14.29% lower than that of the median Consumer Defensive stock.
- Over the past 243 months, TGT's price/sales ratio has gone up 0.4.
- TGT's price/sales ratio has moved up 0.4 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for TGT.
TGT Growth Metrics
- Its 4 year price growth rate is now at 76.57%.
- The year over year cash and equivalents growth rate now stands at 71.18%.
- Its year over year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 123.14%.
The table below shows TGT's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
TGT's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- TGT has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 91.77% of graded US stocks.
- TGT's asset turnover comes in at 1.969 -- ranking 50th of 165 Retail stocks.
- APRN, IMKTA, and YGYI are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with TGT.
The table below shows TGT's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
TGT Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
TGT Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$260.35||52-week high||$267.06|
|Prev. close||$255.93||52-week low||$150.80|
|Day high||$261.00||Avg. volume||3,346,522|
|50-day MA||$243.53||Dividend yield||1.41%|
|200-day MA||$221.94||Market Cap||127.06B|
Target Corporation (TGT) Company Bio
Target Corporation operates as a general merchandise retailer in the United States and Canada, offering offering a selection of merchandise, including consumables, seasonal, home products and apparel. The company was founded in 1902 and is based in Minneapolis, Minnesota.
Most Popular Stories View All
TGT Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
TGT Latest Social Stream
View Full TGT Social Stream
Latest TGT News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Target Corp that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate TGT as an investment opportunity.
The concept includes an expanded menu, a sports bar atmosphere and a climate-controlled tent on the patio.
Stock market corrections are the equivalent of short-term pain, long-term gain.
Pent-up demand and savings should mean higher sales for these seven stocks to buy during this holiday season.
GameStop’s push into e-commerce is an argument for why to buy.
(Bloomberg) -- Shoppers looking for Apple Inc. devices this holiday season are facing a chilly reality: Most everything they might want to buy will take weeks to arrive.Most Read from BloombergThe Top Money Maker at Deutsche Bank Reaps Billions From SingaporeWhy Americans and Britons Are Rushing to Buy Idyllic Homes in ItalyCities' Answer to Sprawl? Go Wild.Forget Palm Springs—Santa Fe Is the New Mecca for Modern ArchitectureOne of California’s Wealthiest Counties Could Run Out of Water Next Sum
TGT Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|