Texas Instruments Inc. (TXN): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
TXN POWR Grades
- Quality is the dimension where TXN ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 93.77% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for TXN is in Stability, which has been heading down over the past 177 days.
- TXN's current lowest rank is in the Growth metric (where it is better than 29.13% of US stocks).
TXN Stock Summary
- TXN has a higher market value than 98.95% of US stocks; more precisely, its current market capitalization is $160,994,145,992.
- TXN's went public 36.95 years ago, making it older than 93.49% of listed US stocks we're tracking.
- The volatility of TEXAS INSTRUMENTS INC's share price is greater than that of only 7.15% US stocks with at least 200 days of trading history.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to TEXAS INSTRUMENTS INC, a group of peers worth examining would be AMGN, RTX, BMY, GILD, and AMD.
- TXN's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit TEXAS INSTRUMENTS INC's official web site, go to www.ti.com.
TXN Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Technology stock, TXN's EV/EBIT ratio is 18.85% lower, now standing at 15.5.
- TXN's price/sales ratio has moved up 3.7 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for TXN.
TXN Growth Metrics
- The year over year revenue growth rate now stands at 22.95%.
- Its 5 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 118.2%.
- Its 5 year price growth rate is now at 45.16%.
The table below shows TXN's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
TXN's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- TXN has a Quality Grade of A, ranking ahead of 96.51% of graded US stocks.
- TXN's asset turnover comes in at 0.849 -- ranking 65th of 208 Electronic Equipment stocks.
- SWKS, DZSI, and CTS are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with TXN.
The table below shows TXN's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
TXN Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
TXN Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$174.34||52-week high||$199.86|
|Prev. close||$177.39||52-week low||$144.46|
|Day high||$178.16||Avg. volume||5,974,210|
|50-day MA||$165.21||Dividend yield||2.8%|
|200-day MA||$168.44||Market Cap||158.23B|
Texas Instruments Inc. (TXN) Company Bio
Texas Instruments Incorporated (TI) is an American technology company headquartered in Dallas, Texas, that designs and manufactures semiconductors and various integrated circuits, which it sells to electronics designers and manufacturers globally. It is one of the top 10 semiconductor companies worldwide based on sales volume. The company's focus is on developing analog chips and embedded processors, which account for more than 80% of its revenue. TI also produces TI digital light processing technology and education technology products including calculators, microcontrollers and multi-core processors. The company holds 45,000 patents worldwide as of 2016. (Source:Wikipedia)
Most Popular Stories View All
TXN Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
TXN Latest Social Stream
View Full TXN Social Stream
Latest TXN News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about TEXAS INSTRUMENTS INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate TXN as an investment opportunity.
In this piece, we will take a look at the 16 largest semiconductor companies by market capitalization. For more companies, head on over to 5 Largest Semiconductor Companies by Market Cap. The semiconductor industry is among the most popular and lucrative sectors in the world. With chips now starting to be heralded as the ‘new […]
Dividends are a great way to boost your investment returns. When companies pay out an annual dividend to investors -- typically a single-digit percentage of their share prices -- you can take home some extra income that can be accretive to your investment returns. You might know Texas Instruments (NASDAQ: TXN) for its clunky graphing calculators.
Chip makers have sold off recently, and likely have a bit more to fall. Read more to see why I think TXN and AVGO are potentially good buys today.
Possible bearish signals as Texas Instruments Incorporated (NASDAQ:TXN) insiders disposed of US$9.0m worth of stock
Over the past year, many Texas Instruments Incorporated ( NASDAQ:TXN ) insiders sold a significant stake in the company...
Investors usually turn to technology stocks for growth, not income.
TXN Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|