Texas Instruments Inc. (TXN): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
TXN POWR Grades
- Quality is the dimension where TXN ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 97.55% of US stocks.
- TXN's strongest trending metric is Stability; it's been moving down over the last 31 weeks.
- TXN's current lowest rank is in the Growth metric (where it is better than 33.64% of US stocks).
TXN Stock Summary
- TXN has a higher market value than 98.75% of US stocks; more precisely, its current market capitalization is $174,185,771,673.
- TXN's went public 35.48 years ago, making it older than 92.73% of listed US stocks we're tracking.
- TXN's price/sales ratio is 11.3; that's higher than the P/S ratio of 83.15% of US stocks.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to TXN, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are COST, DHR, MDT, TMO, and TMUS.
- TXN's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Texas Instruments Inc's official web site, go to www.ti.com.
TXN Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
TXN Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$187.73||52-week high||$197.58|
|Prev. close||$188.61||52-week low||$122.35|
|Day high||$190.49||Avg. volume||4,647,826|
|50-day MA||$186.83||Dividend yield||2.16%|
|200-day MA||$167.74||Market Cap||173.37B|
Texas Instruments Inc. (TXN) Company Bio
Texas Instruments Incorporated (TI) is an American technology company headquartered in Dallas, Texas, that designs and manufactures semiconductors and various integrated circuits, which it sells to electronics designers and manufacturers globally. It is one of the top 10 semiconductor companies worldwide based on sales volume. The company's focus is on developing analog chips and embedded processors, which account for more than 80% of its revenue. TI also produces TI digital light processing technology and education technology products including calculators, microcontrollers and multi-core processors. The company holds 45,000 patents worldwide as of 2016. (Source:Wikipedia)
TXN Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
Below please find a table outlining a discounted cash flow forecast for TXN, in which we model out valuation assuming a variety of terminal growth rates. To summarize, we found that Texas Instruments Inc ranked in the 29th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. We should note, though, that the most conservative analysis suggests this stock will yield negative results -- and thus may be a potential short opportunity. In terms of the factors that were most noteworthy in this DCF analysis for TXN, they are:
- As a business, TXN is generating more cash flow than 93.56% of positive cash flow stocks in the Technology.
- The business' balance sheet suggests that 3% of the company's capital is sourced from debt; this is greater than just 14.29% of the free cash flow producing stocks we're observing.
- TXN's estimated cost of debt, based largely on its market capitalization and its interest coverage ratio, is 3%; for context, that number is higher than 50.41% of tickers in our DCF set.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
TXN Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
TXN Latest Social Stream
View Full TXN Social Stream
Latest TXN News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Texas Instruments Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate TXN as an investment opportunity.
In the latest trading session, Texas Instruments (TXN) closed at $190.26, marking a +0.84% move from the previous day.
In this episode of Industry Focus: Tech, we're switching things up a bit as Motley Fool contributor Jason Hall and analyst John Rotonti, with host Dylan Lewis, give you a breakdown of semiconductors: how semiconductors are made, the major players throughout the value chain, and the most investable ideas in the space. To catch full episodes of all The Motley Fool's free podcasts, check out our podcast center. Dylan Lewis: It's Friday, April 4th, [it was actually June 4] and we're talking about the industry powering the digital revolution.
ClearBridge Investments, an investment management firm, published its “Large Cap Growth Strategy” first quarter 2021 investor letter – a copy of which can be downloaded here. The ClearBridge Large Cap Growth Strategy underperformed its Russell 1000 Growth Index benchmark during the first quarter. On an absolute basis, the Strategy had gains across four of the […]
Growing demand for microchips amid supply crunch has been helping companies like Texas Instruments (TXN), Maxim Integrated Products (MXIM) and NVIDIA Corporation (NVDA).
Power Module Packaging Market: Billion Dollar Global Business with Unlimited Potential : Texas Instruments Incorporated, Star Automations, DyDac Controls
Power Module Packaging Comprehensive Study by Application (Motors, Rail Tractions, Wind Turbines, Photovoltaic Equipment, Electric Vehicles (EV)/Hybrid Electric Vehicles (HEV)), Industry (IT, Consumer, Automatic, Industrial), Module Type (GaN Module, SiC Module, FET Module, IGBT Module, Thyristors), Technology (Substrate, Baseplate, Die Attach, Substrate Attach, Encapsulations, Interconnections) Players and Region - Global Market Outlook to 2025 Edison, NJ -- ( SBWIRE ) -- 06/11/2021 -- A Latest intelligence report published by AMA Research with title "Power Module Packaging Market Outlook to 2026". A detailed study accumulated to offer Latest insights about acute features of the Global Power Module Packaging market. This report provides a detailed overview of key factors in the Power M...
TXN Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|