Vedanta Ltd. ADR (VEDL): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
VEDL POWR Grades
- VEDL scores best on the Sentiment dimension, with a Sentiment rank ahead of 95.73% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for VEDL is in Momentum, which has been heading up over the past 31 weeks.
- VEDL's current lowest rank is in the Momentum metric (where it is better than 43.06% of US stocks).
VEDL Stock Summary
- The price/operating cash flow metric for Vedanta Ltd is higher than merely 0.98% of stocks in our set with a positive cash flow.
- Of note is the ratio of Vedanta Ltd's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; 99.14% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- Vedanta Ltd's shareholder yield -- a measure of how much capital is returned to stockholders via dividends and buybacks -- is 635.45%, greater than the shareholder yield of 99.35% of stocks in our set.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Vedanta Ltd, a group of peers worth examining would be MGP, TKC, GSL, SUZ, and MERC.
- Visit VEDL's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.vedantalimited.com.
VEDL Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
VEDL Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$13.36||52-week high||$16.32|
|Prev. close||$13.86||52-week low||$4.92|
|Day high||$13.61||Avg. volume||977,444|
|50-day MA||$14.14||Dividend yield||6.28%|
|200-day MA||$9.97||Market Cap||12.42B|
Vedanta Ltd. ADR (VEDL) Company Bio
Vedanta Limited engages in exploring, extracting, and processing minerals, and oil and gas. The company produces oil and gas, zinc, lead, silver, copper, iron ore, and aluminum. The company was formerly known as Sesa Sterlite Limited and changed its name to Vedanta Limited in March 2015. The company was founded in 1965 and is based in Panaji, India.
VEDL Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
We started the process of determining a valid price forecast for Vedanta Ltd with a discounted cash flow analysis -- the results of which can be found in the table below. To summarize, we found that Vedanta Ltd ranked in the 93th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. Specifically, our DCF analysis implies the stock is trading below its fair value by an estimated 2204.5%. In terms of the factors that were most noteworthy in this DCF analysis for VEDL, they are:
- Vedanta Ltd's interest coverage rate -- a measure of gross earnings relative to interest payments -- comes in at -0.61. This coverage rate is greater than that of only 19.75% of stocks we're observing for the purpose of forecasting via discounted cash flows.
- As a business, Vedanta Ltd experienced a tax rate of about 44% over the past twelve months; relative to its sector (Basic Materials), this tax rate is higher than 95.94% of stocks generating free cash flow.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
VEDL Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
VEDL Latest Social Stream
View Full VEDL Social Stream
Latest VEDL News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Vedanta Ltd that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate VEDL as an investment opportunity.
Metal, Mining Conglomerate Vedanta Limited on Saturday announced commissioning of its second state-of-the-art 100-bed Covid Field Hospital in Hubli, Karnataka, , the company said in a statement It is pertinent to note that Vedanta Group has been very efficient and aggressive and has set up two Covid Field Hospitals in the record time in the state of Karnataka. Even during the first wave, Vedanta had been very prompt to provide medical equipment infrastructure support, medicines etc. Vedanta''s first COVID Field Hospital in the state was recently inaugurated at Chitradurga. Vedanta Cares COVID Field Hospital at Hubli was inaugurated on Saturday by union coal and mines minister Pralhad Joshi. Vedanta Chairman Anil Agarwal was also present virtually on this occasion. The COVID Field Hospit...
Vedanta Ltd shares firmed up by almost one per cent on the BSE after the Mumbai bench of the National Company Law Tribunal (NCLT) permitted Twin Star Technologies, a part of Anil Agarwals Vedanta Group, to take over Videocon Industries. The Vedanta shares were trading at Rs 275.10, higher by The post Vedanta Shares Gain Almost 1% as Court Clears Bid For Videocon appeared first on Equitypandit .
Ten bidders, including Vedanta Ltd and Jindal Stainless, were in the fray for the assets of the company that include three ferro chrome plants
Vedanta Ltd has added 3.57% over last one month compared to 3.45% gain in S&P BSE Metal index and 7.43% rise in the SENSEX
CHENNAI: Metal mining major Vedanta Ltd on Thursday said it has commissioned an oxygen cylinder bottling plant at its copper smelter plant Sterlite Copper in Thoothukudi in Tamil Nadu. Vedanta claims, the Rs 11 crore plant has a capacity to bottle 400 medical grade oxygen cylinders per day. While our technology was so far focused on producing liquid oxygen, overseas technology entities have helped us implement processes to capture gaseous oxygen as well, which was so far being vented out as a byproduct, Vedanta said. Sterlite Copper has 1,050 ton per day (tpd) oxygen production capacity of which 200 tpd will be liquid oxygen and the balance is in gaseous form. The company had earlier said it has an infrastructure to transport 200-250 tpd medical oxygen to various hospitals. To utilise t...
VEDL Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|