Vistra Energy Corp. (VST): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
VST POWR Grades
- VST scores best on the Growth dimension, with a Growth rank ahead of 95.7% of US stocks.
- VST's strongest trending metric is Stability; it's been moving down over the last 177 days.
- VST ranks lowest in Sentiment; there it ranks in the 10th percentile.
VST Stock Summary
- The price/operating cash flow metric for VISTRA CORP is higher than 95.09% of stocks in our set with a positive cash flow.
- Of note is the ratio of VISTRA CORP's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; only 10.46% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- The volatility of VISTRA CORP's share price is greater than that of just 11.06% US stocks with at least 200 days of trading history.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to VISTRA CORP are ZNH, OVV, CENX, ARLP, and TEF.
- Visit VST's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.vistraenergy.com.
VST Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Utilities stock, VST's price/sales ratio is 55% lower, now standing at 0.9.
- VST's price/earnings ratio has moved NA NA over the prior 73 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for VST.
VST's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- VST has a Quality Grade of D, ranking ahead of 16.39% of graded US stocks.
- VST's asset turnover comes in at 0.457 -- ranking 14th of 105 Utilities stocks.
- NEP, EIX, and SWX are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with VST.
The table below shows VST's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
VST Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
VST Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$21.71||52-week high||$27.39|
|Prev. close||$21.00||52-week low||$16.69|
|Day high||$21.74||Avg. volume||4,767,898|
|50-day MA||$24.59||Dividend yield||3.52%|
|200-day MA||$23.59||Market Cap||9.04B|
Vistra Energy Corp. (VST) Company Bio
Vistra Energy Corp., an energy company, operates as an integrated power business in Texas. The company operates through two segments, Wholesale Generation and Retail Electricity. The company was formerly known as TCEH Corp. and changed its name to Vistra Energy Corp. in November 2016. The company is based in Dallas.
Most Popular Stories View All
VST Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
VST Latest Social Stream
View Full VST Social Stream
Latest VST News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about VISTRA CORP that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate VST as an investment opportunity.
Baring Private Equity Asia (BPEA) has tapped Goldman Sachs to be the lead adviser on a merger of Hong Kong-based business services companies Tricor and Vistra, three people with knowledge of the plan told Reuters. BPEA completed its $2.8-billion acquisition of Tricor from private equity firm Permira in the year's first half.
(Bloomberg) -- Baring Private Equity Asia is exploring a combination of two Hong Kong-based business services firms it owns, Tricor and Vistra, according to people familiar with the matter.Most Read from BloombergJohn Paulson on Frothy US Housing Market: This Time Is DifferentBank of England Says Paper Banknotes Only Good for One More WeekThe Great Bond Bubble Is ‘Poof, Gone’ in Worst Year Since 1949‘Read Putin More Often and Carefully,’ Lavrov Tells the WorldUK Market Plunge Sparks Talk of Emer
At least one Tesla Megapack caught fire at a PG&E facility in California, making famed investor Michael Burry wish he was short TSLA stock.
Vistra, a new name in IBD's Utility Leaders screen, is in the spotlight amid an aggressive stock buyback program, increasing dividends and strong growth. A top dividend stock, Vistra — headquartered in Irving, Texas — is the largest retail producer of electricity in the U.S. The company has about 39,000 megawatts of generation capacity, enough to power 20 million homes. Utility providers have had a strong year thus far as high electricity demand and a flight to safety have seen share prices soar.
Calpine Construction Finance Company, L.P. -- Moody's announces completion of a periodic review for a group of North American Utilities issuers
Announcement of Periodic Review: Moody's announces completion of a periodic review for a group of North American Utilities issuersGlobal Credit Research - 01 Sep 2022New York, September 01, 2022 -- Moody's Investors Service ("Moody's") has completed a periodic review of the ratings -and other ratings that are associated with the same analytical units for the rated entity (entities) listed below.The review was conducted through a portfolio review discussion held on 25 August 2022 in which Moody's reassessed the appropriateness of the ratings in the context of the relevant principal methodology(ies), recent developments, and a comparison of the financial and operating profile to similarly rated peers. A possible outcome from periodic reviews is a referral of a rating to a rating committe...
VST Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|