Vistra Energy Corp. (VST): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
VST POWR Grades
- VST scores best on the Growth dimension, with a Growth rank ahead of 89.04% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for VST is in Momentum, which has been heading down over the past 31 weeks.
- VST ranks lowest in Sentiment; there it ranks in the 7th percentile.
VST Stock Summary
- Of note is the ratio of Vistra Corp's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; just 10.41% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- VST's price/sales ratio is 0.79; that's higher than the P/S ratio of only 16.69% of US stocks.
- In terms of twelve month growth in earnings before interest and taxes, Vistra Corp is reporting a growth rate of -171.78%; that's higher than merely 11.97% of US stocks.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Vistra Corp, a group of peers worth examining would be TAP, XEC, ALK, MRO, and TECK.
- Visit VST's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.vistraenergy.com.
VST Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Utilities stock, VST's price/sales ratio is 74.07% lower, now standing at 0.7.
- Over the past 58 months, VST's price/sales ratio has gone NA NA.
- VST's EV/EBIT ratio has moved NA NA over the prior 58 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for VST.
VST Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
VST Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$19.47||52-week high||$24.20|
|Prev. close||$19.27||52-week low||$15.47|
|Day high||$19.49||Avg. volume||5,627,663|
|50-day MA||$18.02||Dividend yield||3.11%|
|200-day MA||$18.62||Market Cap||9.39B|
Vistra Energy Corp. (VST) Company Bio
Vistra Energy Corp., an energy company, operates as an integrated power business in Texas. The company operates through two segments, Wholesale Generation and Retail Electricity. The company was formerly known as TCEH Corp. and changed its name to Vistra Energy Corp. in November 2016. The company is based in Dallas.
VST Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
VST Latest Social Stream
View Full VST Social Stream
Latest VST News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Vistra Corp that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate VST as an investment opportunity.
Vistra ([[VST]] +2.9%) rallies after Guggenheim upgrades shares to Buy from Neutral with a $24 price target, asserting that the stock's current value "does not reflect what should be increasing comfort around the medium-term viability" of the company's free cash flow generation, "and ultimately, the terminal value question."While recognizing "investor...
Vistra (NYSE: VST) today announced it will close the Zimmer Power Plant in Moscow, Ohio, by mid-2022. The company had previously announced the plant would retire no later than 2027 based on environmental regulations. The early retirement decision comes after the plant failed to secure any capacity revenues in the latest auction held in May by the grid operator, PJM.
Vistra (NYSE: VST) plans to report its second quarter 2021 financial and operating results on Thursday, Aug. 5, 2021. Management will present the results during a live conference call and webcast beginning at 8 a.m. ET (7 a.m. CT).
Dynegy ranked No.1 in overall excellence, price competitiveness, and ease of doing business, as part of Energy Research Consulting Group's (ERCG) national aggregator, broker, and consultant (ABC) survey-based study. This is the first time in the history of ERCG's study that a single supplier claimed all three top excellence awards, the highest honor based on the data generated from more than 160 participating firms.
For many investors, the main point of stock picking is to generate higher returns than the overall market. But if you...
VST Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|