Webster Financial Corporation (WBS): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
WBS POWR Grades
- Momentum is the dimension where WBS ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 70.2% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for WBS is in Growth, which has been heading up over the past 52 weeks.
- WBS ranks lowest in Value; there it ranks in the 32nd percentile.
WBS Stock Summary
- Webster Financial Corp's stock had its IPO on December 12, 1986, making it an older stock than 91.97% of US equities in our set.
- WBS's equity multiplier -- a measure of assets relative to shareholders'equity -- is greater than that of 91.78% of US stocks.
- Webster Financial Corp's shareholder yield -- a measure of how much capital is returned to stockholders via dividends and buybacks -- is 32.82%, greater than the shareholder yield of 93.18% of stocks in our set.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to Webster Financial Corp are BOKF, UMPQ, UCBI, NBTB, and FISI.
- Visit WBS's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to public.websteronline.com.
WBS Valuation Summary
- WBS's price/earnings ratio is 13.7; this is 24.55% higher than that of the median Financial Services stock.
- WBS's price/sales ratio has moved up 0.6 over the prior 243 months.
- Over the past 243 months, WBS's price/sales ratio has gone up 0.6.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for WBS.
WBS Growth Metrics
- Its 3 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 45.74%.
- The 3 year net income to common stockholders growth rate now stands at 89.01%.
- The year over year revenue growth rate now stands at 0.69%.
The table below shows WBS's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
WBS's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- WBS has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 33.93% of graded US stocks.
- WBS's asset turnover comes in at 0.036 -- ranking 260th of 433 Banking stocks.
- CMA, MSBI, and FCBC are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with WBS.
The table below shows WBS's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
WBS Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
WBS Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$58.14||52-week high||$63.81|
|Prev. close||$57.46||52-week low||$29.87|
|Day high||$58.16||Avg. volume||690,943|
|50-day MA||$52.17||Dividend yield||2.75%|
|200-day MA||$53.28||Market Cap||5.27B|
Webster Financial Corporation (WBS) Company Bio
Webster Financial provides financial services to individuals, families, and businesses in the United States. It operates through three segments: Commercial Banking, Community Banking, and Other. The company was founded in 1935 and is based in Waterbury, Connecticut.
Most Popular Stories View All
WBS Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
WBS Latest Social Stream
View Full WBS Social Stream
Latest WBS News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Webster Financial Corp that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate WBS as an investment opportunity.
Webster Financial (WBS) possesses the right combination of the two key ingredients for a likely earnings beat in its upcoming report. Get prepared with the key expectations.
Webster Financial Corporation (NYSE: WBS), the holding company for Webster Bank, N.A. and its HSA Bank division, today announced the following details for its third quarter 2021 earnings release and conference call:
After successfully completing a tender offer process, Houlihan Lokey (HLI) acquires 90% of GCA's common stock.
Webster Financial Corporation with ticker code (WBS) have now 11 analysts in total covering the stock. The consensus rating is ''Buy''. The target price ranges between 68 and 55 and has a mean target at 61.18. With the stocks previous close at 54.46 this would indicate that there is a potential upside of 12.3%. The 50 day moving average now sits at 49.97 and the 200 day MA is 52.98. The market capitalisation for the company is $5,080m. You can visit the company''s website by visiting: /> [stock_market_widget type="chart" symbol="WBS" chart="bar" range="6mo" interval="1d" line-color="rgb(49, 125, 189)"] Webster Financial Corporation operates as the bank holding company for Webster Bank, National Association that provides a range of banking, investment, and financial services to individua...
Webster Financial Corporation found using ticker (WBS) now have 11 analysts covering the stock with the consensus suggesting a rating of ''Buy''. The range between the high target price and low target price is between 69 and 55 with the average target price sitting at 61. Given that the stocks previous close was at 50.89 this would imply there is a potential upside of 19.9%. The day 50 moving average is 49.64 while the 200 day moving average is 53.22. The market capitalisation for the company is $4,679m. Visit the company website at: /> [stock_market_widget type="chart" symbol="WBS" chart="bar" range="6mo" interval="1d" line-color="rgb(49, 125, 189)"] Webster Financial Corporation operates as the bank holding company for Webster Bank, National Association that provides a range of bankin...
WBS Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|