Webster Financial Corporation (WBS): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
WBS POWR Grades
- Momentum is the dimension where WBS ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 92.63% of US stocks.
- WBS's strongest trending metric is Growth; it's been moving up over the last 177 days.
- WBS ranks lowest in Quality; there it ranks in the 18th percentile.
WBS Stock Summary
- WEBSTER FINANCIAL CORP's stock had its IPO on December 12, 1986, making it an older stock than 92.81% of US equities in our set.
- Equity multiplier, or assets relative to shareholders' equity, comes in at 8.63 for WEBSTER FINANCIAL CORP; that's greater than it is for 88% of US stocks.
- With a year-over-year growth in debt of 294.26%, WEBSTER FINANCIAL CORP's debt growth rate surpasses 94.64% of about US stocks.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to WEBSTER FINANCIAL CORP, a group of peers worth examining would be VLY, HOPE, PNFP, TBNK, and HWC.
- Visit WBS's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to public.websteronline.com.
WBS Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Financial Services stock, WBS's price/earnings ratio is 63.48% higher, now standing at 18.8.
- Over the past 243 months, WBS's price/sales ratio has gone up 2.3.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for WBS.
WBS Growth Metrics
- Its year over year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at -42.17%.
- The 2 year cash and equivalents growth rate now stands at 196.04%.
- The 3 year revenue growth rate now stands at 7.24%.
The table below shows WBS's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
WBS's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- WBS has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 32.73% of graded US stocks.
- WBS's asset turnover comes in at 0.037 -- ranking 238th of 428 Banking stocks.
- CMA, FCCY, and ABTX are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with WBS.
The table below shows WBS's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
WBS Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
WBS Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$47.95||52-week high||$65.00|
|Prev. close||$49.82||52-week low||$40.72|
|Day high||$50.08||Avg. volume||1,202,972|
|50-day MA||$50.96||Dividend yield||3.21%|
|200-day MA||$49.61||Market Cap||8.34B|
Webster Financial Corporation (WBS) Company Bio
Webster Financial provides financial services to individuals, families, and businesses in the United States. It operates through three segments: Commercial Banking, Community Banking, and Other. The company was founded in 1935 and is based in Waterbury, Connecticut.
Most Popular Stories View All
WBS Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
WBS Latest Social Stream
View Full WBS Social Stream
Latest WBS News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about WEBSTER FINANCIAL CORP that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate WBS as an investment opportunity.
Whether you're a value, growth, or momentum investor, finding strong stocks becomes easier with the Zacks Style Scores, a top feature of the Zacks Premium research service.
Webster Financial's (WBS) division HSA Bank acquires the HSAs of Inland Bank and Trust, thereby strengthening its position as the nation's preeminent bank administrator and depository of HSAs.
Webster Financial Corporation with ticker code (WBS) have now 10 analysts covering the stock with the consensus suggesting a rating of ''Buy''. The range between the high target price and low target price is between 75 and 53 and has a mean target at 61.4. Given that the stocks previous close was at 55.4 this is indicating there is a potential upside of 10.8%. The 50 day moving average now sits at 49.11 and the 200 day MA is 50.24. The company has a market capitalisation of $9,283m. Find out more information at: https://public.websteronline.com [stock_market_widget type="chart" template="basic" color="green" assets="WBS" range="6mo" interval="1d" axes="true" cursor="true" api="yf"] The potential market cap would be $10,289m based on the market concensus. Webster Financial Corporation op...
Webster Financial''s loan growth will slow down from Q3’s outstanding level due to high-interest rates. See why I rate WBS stock a buy.
Webster Financial Corporation found using ticker (WBS) now have 9 analysts covering the stock. The analyst consensus points to a rating of ''Buy''. The target price ranges between 75 and 53 calculating the average target price we see 61.56. Now with the previous closing price of 52.34 this indicates there is a potential upside of 17.6%. The 50 day MA is 48.39 and the 200 day MA is 50.37. The market cap for the company is $9,516m. Company Website: https://public.websteronline.com [stock_market_widget type="chart" template="basic" color="green" assets="WBS" range="6mo" interval="1d" axes="true" cursor="true" api="yf"] The potential market cap would be $11,192m based on the market concensus. Webster Financial Corporation operates as the bank holding company for Webster Bank, National Assoc...
WBS Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|