Webster Financial Corporation (WBS): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
WBS POWR Grades
- Momentum is the dimension where WBS ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 93.67% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for WBS is in Growth, which has been heading up over the past 169 days.
- WBS ranks lowest in Quality; there it ranks in the 35th percentile.
WBS Stock Summary
- Webster Financial Corp's stock had its IPO on December 12, 1986, making it an older stock than 91.96% of US equities in our set.
- WBS's equity multiplier -- a measure of assets relative to shareholders'equity -- is greater than that of 91.79% of US stocks.
- Shareholder yield, a measure of how much is returned to shareholders via dividends and share repurchases, for WBS comes in at 20.92% -- higher than that of 90.22% of stocks in our set.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to Webster Financial Corp are CBU, UCBI, UBSI, NBTB, and WSBC.
- WBS's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Webster Financial Corp's official web site, go to public.websteronline.com.
WBS Valuation Summary
- WBS's price/earnings ratio is 13.7; this is 24.55% higher than that of the median Financial Services stock.
- WBS's price/sales ratio has moved up 0.6 over the prior 243 months.
- Over the past 243 months, WBS's price/sales ratio has gone up 0.6.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for WBS.
WBS Growth Metrics
- Its 5 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 18.57%.
- Its 3 year revenue growth rate is now at 35.04%.
- The 5 year revenue growth rate now stands at 29.57%.
The table below shows WBS's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
WBS's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- WBS has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 32.73% of graded US stocks.
- WBS's asset turnover comes in at 0.037 -- ranking 238th of 428 Banking stocks.
- CMA, FCCY, and ABTX are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with WBS.
The table below shows WBS's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
WBS Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
WBS Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$58.80||52-week high||$65.00|
|Prev. close||$58.46||52-week low||$45.60|
|Day high||$59.35||Avg. volume||1,411,131|
|50-day MA||$57.48||Dividend yield||2.74%|
|200-day MA||$54.42||Market Cap||5.33B|
Webster Financial Corporation (WBS) Company Bio
Webster Financial provides financial services to individuals, families, and businesses in the United States. It operates through three segments: Commercial Banking, Community Banking, and Other. The company was founded in 1935 and is based in Waterbury, Connecticut.
Most Popular Stories View All
WBS Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
WBS Latest Social Stream
View Full WBS Social Stream
Latest WBS News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Webster Financial Corp that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate WBS as an investment opportunity.
While a higher fee income drives Sallie Mae's (SLM) Q4 results, muted net interest income and increased expenses act as spoilsports.
S&P Dow Jones Indices will make the following changes to the S&P 500, S&P MidCap 400, and S&P SmallCap 600:
While inorganic growth moves drive revenues, deposits and loans for Cadence (CADE) in Q4, higher expenses and continued margin compression act as headwinds.
A fall in NII and non-interest income, as well as higher expenses, hinders Navient's (NAVI) Q4 results. A rise in provisions acts as a headwind.
Raymond James analyst William Wallace upgrades regional bank Webster Financial (WBS) to a Strong Buy following strong Q4 results that highlight loan growth momentum. Q4 EPS of $1.20
WBS Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|