Webster Financial Corporation (WBS): Price and Financial Metrics
WBS Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$39.61||52-week high||$56.46|
|Prev. close||$39.01||52-week low||$31.03|
|Day high||$40.04||Avg. volume||1,270,141|
|50-day MA||$43.09||Dividend yield||3.95%|
|200-day MA||$42.74||Market Cap||6.86B|
WBS Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
WBS POWR Grades
- Sentiment is the dimension where WBS ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 52.35% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for WBS is in Growth, which has been heading down over the past 177 days.
- WBS ranks lowest in Quality; there it ranks in the 29th percentile.
WBS Stock Summary
- WBS's went public 36.81 years ago, making it older than 92.44% of listed US stocks we're tracking.
- Over the past twelve months, WBS has reported earnings growth of 163.17%, putting it ahead of 91.77% of US stocks in our set.
- Revenue growth over the past 12 months for WEBSTER FINANCIAL CORP comes in at 65.37%, a number that bests 91.87% of the US stocks we're tracking.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to WEBSTER FINANCIAL CORP are VLY, ONB, FFBC, PNFP, and PPBI.
- Visit WBS's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to public.websteronline.com.
WBS Valuation Summary
- WBS's price/earnings ratio is 7.9; this is 16.84% lower than that of the median Financial Services stock.
- WBS's price/sales ratio has moved down 0.3 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for WBS.
WBS Growth Metrics
- Its 4 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at -62.44%.
- Its year over year revenue growth rate is now at 11%.
- Its 2 year revenue growth rate is now at 11.77%.
The table below shows WBS's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
WBS's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- WBS has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 32.73% of graded US stocks.
- WBS's asset turnover comes in at 0.037 -- ranking 238th of 428 Banking stocks.
- CMA, FCCY, and ABTX are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with WBS.
The table below shows WBS's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
Webster Financial Corporation (WBS) Company Bio
Webster Financial provides financial services to individuals, families, and businesses in the United States. It operates through three segments: Commercial Banking, Community Banking, and Other. The company was founded in 1935 and is based in Waterbury, Connecticut.
WBS Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
WBS Latest Social Stream
View Full WBS Social Stream
Latest WBS News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about WEBSTER FINANCIAL CORP that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate WBS as an investment opportunity.
Webster believes that directors, managers and colleagues should possess the highest personal and professional ethics.
STAMFORD, Conn., September 19, 2023--Webster Appoints Kristy Berner as Executive Vice President, General Counsel and Corporate Secretary
Webster Bank has once again been named a Top Corporate Contributor honoree by the Boston Business Journal in its annual 2023 Corporate Citizenship Awards, a recognition of the region's top corporate charitable contributors.
Congratulations to Webster Bank's Samantha Yang for her inclusion in Profiles in Diversity Journal 2023 Asian Leadership Awards.
Webster Financial's (WBS) strong balance sheet position, revenue growth and cost saving efforts are positives. However, an unsound liquidity position and commercial loan concentration are woes.
WBS Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|