Webster Financial Corporation (WBS): Price and Financial Metrics
WBS Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$46.83||52-week high||$56.00|
|Prev. close||$46.80||52-week low||$31.03|
|Day high||$47.45||Avg. volume||1,301,907|
|50-day MA||$40.48||Dividend yield||3.42%|
|200-day MA||$40.75||Market Cap||8.06B|
WBS Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
WBS POWR Grades
- WBS scores best on the Value dimension, with a Value rank ahead of 56.15% of US stocks.
- WBS's strongest trending metric is Quality; it's been moving up over the last 177 days.
- WBS's current lowest rank is in the Quality metric (where it is better than 32.42% of US stocks).
WBS Stock Summary
- WEBSTER FINANCIAL CORP's stock had its IPO on December 12, 1986, making it an older stock than 92.32% of US equities in our set.
- With a year-over-year growth in debt of -48.41%, WEBSTER FINANCIAL CORP's debt growth rate surpasses only 5.85% of about US stocks.
- Shareholder yield, a measure of how much is returned to shareholders via dividends and share repurchases, for WBS comes in at 47.46% -- higher than that of 95.7% of stocks in our set.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to WBS, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are VLY, SRCE, SASR, CFB, and FBK.
- WBS's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit WEBSTER FINANCIAL CORP's official web site, go to public.websteronline.com.
WBS Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Financial Services stock, WBS's price/earnings ratio is 22.11% lower, now standing at 7.4.
- Over the past 243 months, WBS's price/earnings ratio has gone down 5.3.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for WBS.
WBS Growth Metrics
- Its 4 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at -62.44%.
- Its year over year revenue growth rate is now at 11%.
- Its 2 year revenue growth rate is now at 11.77%.
The table below shows WBS's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
WBS's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- WBS has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 32.73% of graded US stocks.
- WBS's asset turnover comes in at 0.037 -- ranking 238th of 428 Banking stocks.
- CMA, FCCY, and ABTX are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with WBS.
The table below shows WBS's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
Webster Financial Corporation (WBS) Company Bio
Webster Financial provides financial services to individuals, families, and businesses in the United States. It operates through three segments: Commercial Banking, Community Banking, and Other. The company was founded in 1935 and is based in Waterbury, Connecticut.
WBS Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
WBS Latest Social Stream
View Full WBS Social Stream
Latest WBS News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about WEBSTER FINANCIAL CORP that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate WBS as an investment opportunity.
Webster Financial Corp(NYSE:WBS) recently announced a dividend of $0.4 per share, payable on 2023-11-13, with the ex-dividend date set for 2023-11-02. As investors look forward to this upcoming payment, the spotlight also shines on the company's dividend history, yield, and growth rates. Using the data from GuruFocus, let's look into Webster Financial Corps dividend performance and assess its sustainability.
It looks like Webster Financial Corporation ( NYSE:WBS ) is about to go ex-dividend in the next four days. The...
STAMFORD, Conn., October 27, 2023--Fourth paragraph of release dated October 24, 2023, should read: ... payable January 15, 2024 (instead of January 15, 2023).
Q3 2023 Mastercard Inc Earnings Call
Higher fee income and a slight decrease in expenses support Bank of Hawaii's (BOH) Q3 earnings, while a rise in provisions and lower NII hurt.
WBS Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|