Webster Financial Corporation (WBS): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
WBS POWR Grades
- WBS scores best on the Momentum dimension, with a Momentum rank ahead of 89.62% of US stocks.
- WBS's strongest trending metric is Momentum; it's been moving up over the last 179 days.
- WBS's current lowest rank is in the Quality metric (where it is better than 27.56% of US stocks).
WBS Stock Summary
- WBS's went public 35.32 years ago, making it older than 92.06% of listed US stocks we're tracking.
- Equity multiplier, or assets relative to shareholders' equity, comes in at 10.23 for Webster Financial Corp; that's greater than it is for 91.9% of US stocks.
- With a year-over-year growth in debt of -24.85%, Webster Financial Corp's debt growth rate surpasses only 16.61% of about US stocks.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to Webster Financial Corp are PBCT, ZION, UCBI, CFR, and UMPQ.
- WBS's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Webster Financial Corp's official web site, go to public.websteronline.com.
WBS Valuation Summary
- WBS's price/earnings ratio is 13.7; this is 24.55% higher than that of the median Financial Services stock.
- WBS's price/sales ratio has moved up 0.6 over the prior 243 months.
- Over the past 243 months, WBS's price/sales ratio has gone up 0.6.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for WBS.
WBS Growth Metrics
- Its 2 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 27.09%.
- Its 5 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 58.74%.
- The 3 year price growth rate now stands at 49.76%.
The table below shows WBS's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
WBS's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- WBS has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 32.73% of graded US stocks.
- WBS's asset turnover comes in at 0.037 -- ranking 238th of 428 Banking stocks.
- CMA, FCCY, and ABTX are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with WBS.
The table below shows WBS's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
WBS Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
WBS Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$41.90||52-week high||$65.00|
|Prev. close||$42.15||52-week low||$41.23|
|Day high||$42.72||Avg. volume||1,460,719|
|50-day MA||$47.11||Dividend yield||3.8%|
|200-day MA||$54.36||Market Cap||7.53B|
Webster Financial Corporation (WBS) Company Bio
Webster Financial provides financial services to individuals, families, and businesses in the United States. It operates through three segments: Commercial Banking, Community Banking, and Other. The company was founded in 1935 and is based in Waterbury, Connecticut.
Most Popular Stories View All
WBS Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
WBS Latest Social Stream
View Full WBS Social Stream
Latest WBS News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Webster Financial Corp that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate WBS as an investment opportunity.
Ellington Financial's (EFC) purchase of controlling interest in Longbridge will enable it to tap the latter's industry-leading position in the reverse mortgage space.
Citizens Financia's (CFG) acquisition of 80 east coast branches and the national online deposit business from HSBC expands its physical presence in strategic markets and enhances the balance sheet.
Webster Financial's (WBS) organic and inorganic growth efforts, along with cost-control and sound capital-deployment activities, make it worth betting on.
NUT, WBS, and LCNB made it to the Zacks Rank #1 (Strong Buy) income stocks list on February 22, 2022
While the waiting game for the merger approval of M&T Bank (MTB) and People's United (PBCT) continues, let's discuss if the heightening regulatory scrutiny will affect the banking M&A trends.
WBS Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|