W.R. Berkley Corporation (WRB): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
WRB POWR Grades
- Growth is the dimension where WRB ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 89.68% of US stocks.
- WRB's strongest trending metric is Momentum; it's been moving down over the last 206 days.
- WRB ranks lowest in Momentum; there it ranks in the 29th percentile.
WRB Stock Summary
- WRB has a higher market value than 85.19% of US stocks; more precisely, its current market capitalization is $14,087,563,122.
- WRB's went public 35.39 years ago, making it older than 92.9% of listed US stocks we're tracking.
- The volatility of Berkley W R Corp's share price is greater than that of just 16.66% US stocks with at least 200 days of trading history.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to Berkley W R Corp are GPS, HAS, ALLE, CNA, and TEVA.
- Visit WRB's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.berkley.com.
WRB Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
WRB Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$80.49||52-week high||$82.43|
|Prev. close||$79.42||52-week low||$46.22|
|Day high||$80.71||Avg. volume||787,582|
|50-day MA||$78.00||Dividend yield||0.6%|
|200-day MA||$67.95||Market Cap||14.28B|
W.R. Berkley Corporation (WRB) Company Bio
W.R. Berkley Corporation operates as commercial lines writers primarily in the United States. The company operates in three segments: Insurance-Domestic, Insurance-International, and Reinsurance-Global. The company was founded in 1967 and is based in Greenwich, Connecticut.
WRB Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
The table below illustrates the output of a discounted cash flow forecast using a variety of scenarios for Berkley W R Corp. To summarize, we found that Berkley W R Corp ranked in the 64th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. Moreover, under all the scenarios we modelled, the output consistently forecasted positive returns. The most interesting components of our discounted cash flow analysis for Berkley W R Corp ended up being:
- Berkley W R Corp's weighted average cost of capital (WACC) is 9%; for context, that number is higher than just 22.27% of tickers in our DCF set.
- As a business, Berkley W R Corp experienced a tax rate of about 17% over the past twelve months; relative to its sector (Financial Services), this tax rate is higher than 68.78% of stocks generating free cash flow.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
WRB Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
WRB Latest Social Stream
View Full WRB Social Stream
Latest WRB News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Berkley W R Corp that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate WRB as an investment opportunity.
ProAssurance's (PRA) Q1 results reflect reduced expenses, partly offset by lower premiums.
W. R. Berkley Corporation (NYSE: WRB) today announced the appointment of Linda A. Eppolito as president of Berkley Oil & Gas. She succeeds Carol A. Randall, who has been named chairman of the operating unit. The appointments are effective immediately.
W. R. Berkley Corporation (NYSE: WRB) today announced the appointment of Clare Himmer as president of Berkley Re UK Limited effective September 1, 2021. Richard Fothergill will continue as Berkley Re UK’s Chief Executive Officer with the expectation that, by the end of 2021, Ms. Himmer will be appointed CEO and Mr. Fothergill will become Chairman.
Does W.R. Berkley (WRB) have what it takes to be a top stock pick for momentum investors? Let's find out.
W. R. Berkley Corporation (WRB) Q1 2021 Earnings Conference Call April 20, 2021, 05:00 PM ET Company Participants Rob Berkley - President and CEO Rich Baio - EVP and CFO Conference Call Participants Elyse Greenspan - Wells Fargo Mike Zaremski - Credit Suisse Yaron Kinar - Goldman Sachs Ryan Tunis...
WRB Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|