Williams-Sonoma, Inc. (DE) (WSM): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
WSM POWR Grades
- Quality is the dimension where WSM ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 99.72% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for WSM is in Quality, which has been heading down over the past 157 days.
- WSM ranks lowest in Stability; there it ranks in the 33rd percentile.
WSM Stock Summary
- The capital turnover (annual revenue relative to shareholder's equity) for WSM is 5.21 -- better than 93% of US stocks.
- Williams Sonoma Inc's stock had its IPO on March 26, 1990, making it an older stock than 84.56% of US equities in our set.
- Of note is the ratio of Williams Sonoma Inc's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; 85.69% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Williams Sonoma Inc, a group of peers worth examining would be RHI, JLL, CROX, HSIC, and MYRG.
- WSM's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Williams Sonoma Inc's official web site, go to www.williams-sonomainc.com.
WSM Valuation Summary
- WSM's EV/EBIT ratio is 12.6; this is 24.55% lower than that of the median Consumer Cyclical stock.
- Over the past 243 months, WSM's price/sales ratio has gone up 1.
- WSM's EV/EBIT ratio has moved down 7.7 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for WSM.
WSM Growth Metrics
- Its 5 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 767.8%.
- The 5 year net income to common stockholders growth rate now stands at 11.14%.
- Its 3 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at -11.38%.
The table below shows WSM's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
WSM's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- WSM has a Quality Grade of A, ranking ahead of 99.83% of graded US stocks.
- WSM's asset turnover comes in at 1.79 -- ranking 61st of 165 Retail stocks.
- BKE, CTRN, and ORLY are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with WSM.
The table below shows WSM's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
WSM Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
WSM Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$146.92||52-week high||$223.32|
|Prev. close||$147.04||52-week low||$118.07|
|Day high||$148.34||Avg. volume||1,274,036|
|50-day MA||$181.32||Dividend yield||1.93%|
|200-day MA||$174.03||Market Cap||10.72B|
Williams-Sonoma, Inc. (DE) (WSM) Company Bio
Williams-Sonoma is a specialty retailer of products for the home with some brands in home furnishings. The Company operates in two segments: ecommerce and retail. The company was founded in 1956 and is based in San Francisco, California.
Most Popular Stories View All
WSM Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
WSM Latest Social Stream
View Full WSM Social Stream
Latest WSM News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Williams Sonoma Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate WSM as an investment opportunity.
Regular readers will know that we love our dividends at Simply Wall St, which is why it's exciting to see...
See who joins GOOGL and FB stock on this screen of Warren Buffett stocks based on the investing strategy of the Berkshire Hathaway CEO.
If we want to find a stock that could multiply over the long term, what are the underlying trends we should look for...
Vltava Fund, an investment management firm, published its fourth-quarter 2021 investor letter a copy of which can be downloaded here.
I first covered Williams-Sonoma, Inc. (NYSE:WSM) in early 2018 with a bullish rating despite a short interest at the time of 23% of the float (shares outstanding available to the public.) In the article, I wrote: Just as the financial services players were battered during the Great Recession despite established...
WSM Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|