Woodward, Inc. (WWD): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
WWD POWR Grades
- WWD scores best on the Quality dimension, with a Quality rank ahead of 85.08% of US stocks.
- WWD's strongest trending metric is Value; it's been moving up over the last 179 days.
- WWD's current lowest rank is in the Sentiment metric (where it is better than 2.95% of US stocks).
WWD Stock Summary
- WWD has a market capitalization of $5,414,750,730 -- more than approximately 77.01% of US stocks.
- With a price/earnings ratio of 32.31, WOODWARD INC P/E ratio is greater than that of about 80.43% of stocks in our set with positive earnings.
- Shareholder yield, a measure of how much is returned to shareholders via dividends and share repurchases, for WWD comes in at 8.25% -- higher than that of 80.19% of stocks in our set.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to WOODWARD INC are VREX, ACLS, THRM, VNDA, and XOS.
- Visit WWD's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.woodward.com.
WWD Valuation Summary
- WWD's EV/EBIT ratio is 25; this is 59.24% higher than that of the median Industrials stock.
- WWD's price/sales ratio has moved up 1.6 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for WWD.
WWD Growth Metrics
- Its 5 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 53.5%.
- The year over year revenue growth rate now stands at 3.74%.
- Its year over year price growth rate is now at -17.93%.
The table below shows WWD's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
WWD's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- WWD has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 90.38% of graded US stocks.
- WWD's asset turnover comes in at 0.553 -- ranking 29th of 53 Electrical Equipment stocks.
- CCF, EFOI, and PLUG are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with WWD.
The table below shows WWD's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
WWD Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
WWD Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$83.25||52-week high||$129.12|
|Prev. close||$82.90||52-week low||$81.54|
|Day high||$83.79||Avg. volume||417,765|
|50-day MA||$96.11||Dividend yield||0.92%|
|200-day MA||$105.92||Market Cap||5.01B|
Woodward, Inc. (WWD) Company Bio
Woodward Inc. is an independent designer, manufacturer, and service provider of control system solutions and components for the aerospace and energy markets. The company was founded in 1870 and is based in Fort Collins, Colorado.
Most Popular Stories View All
WWD Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
WWD Latest Social Stream
View Full WWD Social Stream
Latest WWD News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about WOODWARD INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate WWD as an investment opportunity.
FORT COLLINS, Colo., Sept. 21, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Woodward, Inc. (NASDAQ:WWD) today announced that its Board of Directors declared a cash dividend of $0.19 per share for the quarter, payable on November 28, 2022 for stockholders of record as of November 14, 2022. About Woodward, Inc. Woodward is the global leader in the design, manufacturing, and service of energy conversion and control solutions for the aerospace and industrial equipment markets. Together with our customers, we are enabli
Woodward (WWD) reported earnings 30 days ago. What's next for the stock? We take a look at earnings estimates for some clues.
The diversified industrial company was hurt by cost pressures, but is still growing its top line
The five-year decline in earnings for Woodward NASDAQ:WWD) isn't encouraging, but shareholders are still up 48% over that period
The main point of investing for the long term is to make money. But more than that, you probably want to see it rise...
Barrington analyst Christopher Howe reiterated a Hold rating on Woodward (WWD - Research Report) today. The company's shares opened today at $99.43.According to TipRanks, Howe is a 5-star analyst with an average return of 12.7% and a 52.92% success rate. Howe covers the Industrial Goods sector, focusing on stocks such as Columbus Mckinnon, Hillenbrand, and Standex International.Currently, the analyst consensus on Woodward is a Hold with an average price target of $106.60, implying a 7.21% upside from current levels. In a report released on August 8, Barclays also maintained a Hold rating on the stock with a $110.00 price target.
WWD Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|