Caterpillar, Inc. (CAT): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
CAT POWR Grades
- CAT scores best on the Sentiment dimension, with a Sentiment rank ahead of 89.26% of US stocks.
- CAT's strongest trending metric is Value; it's been moving down over the last 206 days.
- CAT ranks lowest in Value; there it ranks in the 52nd percentile.
CAT Stock Summary
- With a market capitalization of $131,501,590,647, Caterpillar Inc has a greater market value than 98.35% of US stocks.
- The capital turnover (annual revenue relative to shareholder's equity) for CAT is 2.59 -- better than 81.43% of US stocks.
- Caterpillar Inc's stock had its IPO on January 1, 1986, making it an older stock than 92.9% of US equities in our set.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to CAT, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are IBM, SNY, RTX, TOT, and DEO.
- CAT's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Caterpillar Inc's official web site, go to www.caterpillar.com.
CAT Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
CAT Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$242.23||52-week high||$245.78|
|Prev. close||$240.07||52-week low||$104.28|
|Day high||$243.35||Avg. volume||3,227,641|
|50-day MA||$230.33||Dividend yield||1.7%|
|200-day MA||$185.12||Market Cap||132.69B|
Caterpillar, Inc. (CAT) Company Bio
Caterpillar is a manufacturer of construction and mining equipment, diesel and natural gas engines, industrial gas turbines and diesel-electric locomotives. The company principally operates through its three product segments - Construction Industries, Resource Industries and Energy & Transportation - and also provides financing and related services through its Financial Products segment. The company was founded in 1925 and is based in Peoria, Illinois.
CAT Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
Below please find a table outlining a discounted cash flow forecast for CAT, in which we model out valuation assuming a variety of terminal growth rates. To summarize, we found that Caterpillar Inc ranked in the 28th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. We should note, though, that the most conservative analysis suggests this stock will yield negative results -- and thus may be a potential short opportunity. The most interesting components of our discounted cash flow analysis for Caterpillar Inc ended up being:
- The company's compound free cash flow growth rate over the past 5.56 years comes in at 0.01%; that's greater than just 24.04% of US stocks we're applying DCF forecasting to.
- CAT's estimated cost of debt, based largely on its market capitalization and its interest coverage ratio, is 3%; for context, that number is higher than just 11.11% of tickers in our DCF set.
- The weighted average cost of capital for the company is 9. This value is greater than merely 6.64% stocks in the Industrials sector that generate free cash flow.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
CAT Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
CAT Latest Social Stream
View Full CAT Social Stream
Latest CAT News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Caterpillar Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate CAT as an investment opportunity.
If you want Dividend Aristocrat stocks, the S&P 500 Dividend Aristocrats Index helps.
Is (CAT) Outperforming Other Industrial Products Stocks This Year?
If you're looking for a multi-bagger, there's a few things to keep an eye out for. Firstly, we'd want to identify a...
It looks ugly on the price chart, but if history rhymes just a bit, today's buyers of AI stock will be well-rewarded with a collar strategy.
Ethereum's smart contracts have an edge over other cryptos, but today ETH and other Ether proxies are priced as hoop dreams, not slam dunks.
CAT Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|