Caterpillar, Inc. (CAT): Price and Financial Metrics
CAT Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$209.07||52-week high||$266.04|
|Prev. close||$205.75||52-week low||$160.60|
|Day high||$210.57||Avg. volume||3,252,182|
|50-day MA||$216.60||Dividend yield||2.27%|
|200-day MA||$218.98||Market Cap||107.75B|
CAT Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
CAT POWR Grades
- CAT scores best on the Momentum dimension, with a Momentum rank ahead of 94.28% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for CAT is in Growth, which has been heading up over the past 179 days.
- CAT ranks lowest in Stability; there it ranks in the 65th percentile.
CAT Stock Summary
- CATERPILLAR INC's market capitalization of $108,188,436,792 is ahead of 98.09% of US-listed equities.
- The capital turnover (annual revenue relative to shareholder's equity) for CAT is 3.4 -- better than 84.68% of US stocks.
- CAT's went public 37.42 years ago, making it older than 93.61% of listed US stocks we're tracking.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to CAT, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are GE, IBM, SYK, DE, and BSX.
- Visit CAT's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.caterpillar.com.
CAT Valuation Summary
- CAT's EV/EBIT ratio is 14.3; this is 8.92% lower than that of the median Industrials stock.
- Over the past 243 months, CAT's price/sales ratio has gone up 0.9.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for CAT.
CAT Growth Metrics
- Its 5 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 3732.88%.
- Its 3 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at -17.22%.
- Its 3 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at -8.45%.
The table below shows CAT's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
CAT's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- CAT has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 55.35% of graded US stocks.
- CAT's asset turnover comes in at 0.578 -- ranking 72nd of 104 Machinery stocks.
- MTW, GRC, and PPIH are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with CAT.
The table below shows CAT's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
CAT Price Target
For more insight on analysts targets of CAT, see our CAT price target page. And for a list of of all stocks sorted by upside potential based on analyst target price, see our Top Price Target page.
|Average Price Target||$229.89||Average Broker Recommendation||1.8 (Hold)|
Caterpillar, Inc. (CAT) Company Bio
Caterpillar is a manufacturer of construction and mining equipment, diesel and natural gas engines, industrial gas turbines and diesel-electric locomotives. The company principally operates through its three product segments - Construction Industries, Resource Industries and Energy & Transportation - and also provides financing and related services through its Financial Products segment. The company was founded in 1925 and is based in Peoria, Illinois.
Most Popular Stories View All
CAT Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
CAT Latest Social Stream
View Full CAT Social Stream
Latest CAT News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about CATERPILLAR INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate CAT as an investment opportunity.
4 Blue-Chip Stocks From A Struggling Dow For A Stable Portfolio
U.S. stock markets have rallied year to date. after wrapping up 2022 as the worst year since 2008 and terminating a three-year winning streak. Major stock indexes suffered a huge blow last year. However, the Dow suffered the least.
Top Stock Reports for Oracle, NIKE & Starbucks
Today's Research Daily features new research reports on 16 major stocks, including Oracle Corporation (ORCL), NIKE, Inc. (NKE) and Starbucks Corporation (SBUX).
3 Great Foreign Companies to Invest in Right Now
The following three international companies have great exposure to exciting growth trends and each has shares traded as American depositary receipts (ADRs). This makes it easy for investors to buy into German industrial giant Siemens (OTC: SIEGY), French industrial software company Dassault Systemes (OTC: DASTY), and Swedish mining and engineering equipment company Sandvik (OTC: SDVKY). This industrial company recently raised its full-year 2023 guidance for revenue growth and earnings, making the second raise this year.
Dividend Reinvesting & Top-Rated Dividend Aristocrats to Buy Now
Dividend reinvesting is a useful strategy for investors to compound their returns and here is a look at the top-rated Zacks dividend aristocrats at the moment.
Deere Hoists Guidance After Earnings Beat. Why DE Stock Fell.
Deere earnings topped views on strong farm equipment sales after Caterpillar gave a lackluster outlook for heavy equipment. DE stock jumped briefly.
CAT Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching CATWant to see what other sources are saying about Caterpillar Inc's financials and stock price? Try the links below:
Caterpillar Inc (CAT) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Caterpillar Inc (CAT) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Caterpillar Inc (CAT) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch
Loading social stream, please wait...