eBay Inc. (EBAY): Price and Financial Metrics
EBAY Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$45.18||52-week high||$52.23|
|Prev. close||$45.29||52-week low||$35.92|
|Day high||$45.37||Avg. volume||4,774,363|
|50-day MA||$44.17||Dividend yield||2.31%|
|200-day MA||$43.58||Market Cap||24.16B|
EBAY Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
EBAY POWR Grades
- EBAY scores best on the Quality dimension, with a Quality rank ahead of 99.29% of US stocks.
- EBAY's strongest trending metric is Stability; it's been moving up over the last 179 days.
- EBAY ranks lowest in Value; there it ranks in the 37th percentile.
EBAY Stock Summary
- EBAY INC's market capitalization of $23,143,985,572 is ahead of 91.03% of US-listed equities.
- Over the past twelve months, EBAY has reported earnings growth of -93.07%, putting it ahead of merely 15.81% of US stocks in our set.
- EBAY INC's shareholder yield -- a measure of how much capital is returned to stockholders via dividends and buybacks -- is 14.41%, greater than the shareholder yield of 87.46% of stocks in our set.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to EBAY, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are NTAP, CGNX, AKAM, IPGP, and DLB.
- Visit EBAY's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.ebayinc.com.
EBAY Valuation Summary
- EBAY's price/earnings ratio is 36.9; this is 38.46% higher than that of the median Technology stock.
- Over the past 243 months, EBAY's EV/EBIT ratio has gone down 26.6.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for EBAY.
EBAY Growth Metrics
- Its year over year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 7.86%.
- The 4 year net cashflow from operations growth rate now stands at 14.06%.
- Its year over year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 301.45%.
The table below shows EBAY's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
EBAY's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- EBAY has a Quality Grade of A, ranking ahead of 96.64% of graded US stocks.
- EBAY's asset turnover comes in at 0.446 -- ranking 346th of 561 Business Services stocks.
- CTXS, HSII, and TWTR are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with EBAY.
The table below shows EBAY's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
EBAY Price Target
For more insight on analysts targets of EBAY, see our EBAY price target page. And for a list of of all stocks sorted by upside potential based on analyst target price, see our Top Price Target page.
|Average Price Target||$72.76||Average Broker Recommendation||1.74 (Moderate Buy)|
eBay Inc. (EBAY) Company Bio
eBay Inc. (/ˈiːbeɪ/ EE-bay) is an American multinational e-commerce corporation based in San Jose, California, that facilitates consumer-to-consumer and business-to-consumer sales through its website. eBay was founded by Pierre Omidyar in 1995, and became a notable success story of the dot-com bubble. eBay is a multibillion-dollar business with operations in about 32 countries, as of 2019. The company manages the eBay website, an online auction and shopping website in which people and businesses buy and sell a wide variety of goods and services worldwide. The website is free to use for buyers, but sellers are charged fees for listing items after a limited number of free listings, and an additional or separate fee when those items are sold. (Source:Wikipedia)
EBAY Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
EBAY Latest Social Stream
View Full EBAY Social Stream
Latest EBAY News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about EBAY INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate EBAY as an investment opportunity.
Techstars and eBay Announce Partnership to Launch Techstars Future of Ecommerce powered by eBay
SAN FRANCISCO, June 05, 2023--eBay, a global commerce leader that connects millions of buyers and sellers around the world, and Techstars, the most active pre-seed investor in the world that provides access to capital, programming and connections to early-stage entrepreneurs, announce Techstars Future of Ecommerce powered by eBay, a new accelerator program designed to support startups working on innovative technologies that will help shape the future of ecommerce.
This Dollar Bill Could Be Worth Up to $6,000
The next time you pull out a dollar bill to buy a can of soda or order of fries off the value menu, take a good look at the bill first. Check the serial number on the bottom left and upper right. If...
eBay Launches Authentication for Streetwear
eBay, the global commerce leader that connects millions of sellers and buyers around the world, has expanded its Authenticity Guarantee to streetwear. Beginning today, new and pre-owned inventory sold for $200+ from Aimé Leon Dore, Fear of God, KITH, Supreme, Off-White, Palace and Stone Island will be eligible for the service. This marks the expansion of eBay's authentication service to its sixth category, which currently includes sneakers, watches, jewelry, handbags, and trading cards.
3 Things About PayPal That Smart Investors Know
PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is one of the world's largest digital payment platforms. It initially went public in 2002, was acquired that same year by eBay (NASDAQ: EBAY), then spun off again as an independent company in 2015. PayPal's stock has risen 65% since that spin-off as eBay's stock advanced 58%.
Throwaway Britain: what happens to our old tech?
The FT fitted trackers in old, broken laptops and gave them to UK retailers for recycling. Their journey reveals much about the informal trade in waste
EBAY Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching EBAYWant to do more research on Ebay Inc's stock and its price? Try the links below:
Ebay Inc (EBAY) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Ebay Inc (EBAY) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Ebay Inc (EBAY) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch
Loading social stream, please wait...