Goldman Sachs Group Inc. (GS): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
GS POWR Grades
- Value is the dimension where GS ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 80.02% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for GS is in Sentiment, which has been heading down over the past 179 days.
- GS ranks lowest in Growth; there it ranks in the 3rd percentile.
GS Stock Summary
- GS has a market capitalization of $114,778,915,990 -- more than approximately 97.8% of US stocks.
- Price to trailing twelve month operating cash flow for GS is currently 124.62, higher than 96.48% of US stocks with positive operating cash flow.
- The ratio of debt to operating expenses for Goldman Sachs Group Inc is higher than it is for about 96.81% of US stocks.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to GS, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are SPGI, BLK, HON, HDB, and ADP.
- GS's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Goldman Sachs Group Inc's official web site, go to www.goldmansachs.com.
GS Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Financial Services stock, GS's EV/EBIT ratio is 183.72% higher, now standing at 24.4.
- GS's price/earnings ratio has moved down 7.6 over the prior 243 months.
- Over the past 243 months, GS's EV/EBIT ratio has gone down 20.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for GS.
GS Growth Metrics
- Its 4 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at -23.26%.
- Its 4 year revenue growth rate is now at 23.5%.
- Its 2 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at -12.46%.
The table below shows GS's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
GS's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- GS has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 47.43% of graded US stocks.
- GS's asset turnover comes in at 0.045 -- ranking 304th of 442 Trading stocks.
- JHG, GROW, and WY are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with GS.
The table below shows GS's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
GS Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
GS Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$311.15||52-week high||$426.16|
|Prev. close||$316.61||52-week low||$293.90|
|Day high||$315.80||Avg. volume||3,138,877|
|50-day MA||$322.08||Dividend yield||2.53%|
|200-day MA||$369.10||Market Cap||106.86B|
Goldman Sachs Group Inc. (GS) Company Bio
Goldman Sachs operates as an investment banking, securities, and investment management company worldwide. The company operates through four segments: Investment Banking, Institutional Client Services, Investing & Lending, and Investment Management. The company was founded in 1869 and is based in New York, New York.
Most Popular Stories View All
GS Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
GS Latest Social Stream
View Full GS Social Stream
Latest GS News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Goldman Sachs Group Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate GS as an investment opportunity.
Goldman Sachs (GS +2.6%) disclosed late Thursday that the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission is investigating whether the Wall Street firm is complying with rules to maintain records of communications among its employees, when their using messaging platforms, according to a filing. The company is the latest to come to regulators'...
Earnings season is winding down.
The SEC is investigating Goldman Sachs to see whether its employees used personal messaging apps to do business.
(Bloomberg) -- Goldman Sachs Group Inc. became the latest bank to be investigated over employees communicating using messaging services that aren’t approved by the companies.
KUALA LUMPUR, Feb 25 — Former Goldman Sachs Group Inc banker Tim Leissner, who admitted to looting hundreds of millions of dollars from Malaysian 1MDB fund, testified that he had also stolen tens of millions of dollars from his accomplices in the…
GS Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|