Target Corporation (TGT): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
TGT POWR Grades
- TGT scores best on the Quality dimension, with a Quality rank ahead of 91.84% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for TGT is in Stability, which has been heading up over the past 51 weeks.
- TGT ranks lowest in Momentum; there it ranks in the 22nd percentile.
TGT Stock Summary
- TGT has a higher market value than 97.83% of US stocks; more precisely, its current market capitalization is $118,149,374,341.
- Target Corp's capital turnover -- a measure of revenue relative to shareholder's equity -- is better than 94.95% of US listed stocks.
- TGT's went public 35.81 years ago, making it older than 92.68% of listed US stocks we're tracking.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Target Corp, a group of peers worth examining would be EL, CVS, AXP, ANTM, and HDB.
- TGT's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Target Corp's official web site, go to investors.target.com.
TGT Valuation Summary
- TGT's price/sales ratio is 1.2; this is 14.29% lower than that of the median Consumer Defensive stock.
- Over the past 243 months, TGT's price/sales ratio has gone up 0.4.
- TGT's price/sales ratio has moved up 0.4 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for TGT.
TGT Growth Metrics
- Its 4 year price growth rate is now at 76.57%.
- The year over year cash and equivalents growth rate now stands at 71.18%.
- Its year over year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 123.14%.
The table below shows TGT's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
TGT's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- TGT has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 91.84% of graded US stocks.
- TGT's asset turnover comes in at 1.969 -- ranking 50th of 165 Retail stocks.
- APRN, IMKTA, and YGYI are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with TGT.
The table below shows TGT's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
TGT Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
TGT Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$245.71||52-week high||$267.06|
|Prev. close||$242.09||52-week low||$150.80|
|Day high||$247.35||Avg. volume||3,365,855|
|50-day MA||$244.43||Dividend yield||1.47%|
|200-day MA||$219.84||Market Cap||119.92B|
Target Corporation (TGT) Company Bio
Target Corporation operates as a general merchandise retailer in the United States and Canada, offering offering a selection of merchandise, including consumables, seasonal, home products and apparel. The company was founded in 1902 and is based in Minneapolis, Minnesota.
Most Popular Stories View All
TGT Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
TGT Latest Social Stream
View Full TGT Social Stream
Latest TGT News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Target Corp that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate TGT as an investment opportunity.
Others look for bargain prices that are likely to appreciate. You need to research the company and see if it has the tools to grow, which include things like a strong moat, cash in the bank, and great management. Target stock has gained 235% over the past five years, more than double the returns for the S&P 500.
Analysts predict an increase in holiday sales, and that's great news for retailers. On average, the holidays represent nearly 20% of annual retail sales, according to the National Retail Federation. Three in particular are ready for the supply chain challenge -- and are likely to come out on top.
Robby Ohmes, BofA Securities Senior Retail Analyst, joins Yahoo Finance to discuss the outlook on retail amid supply chain issues.
Gerald Storch, Storch Advisors CEO and the former Toys "R" Us CEO breaks down the latest retail sales number and what to expect from the supply chain crisis.
The world's largest retailer is in a good position to navigate chaos at the ports, analysts argue.
TGT Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|