Target Corporation (TGT): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
TGT POWR Grades
- TGT scores best on the Quality dimension, with a Quality rank ahead of 89.8% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for TGT is in Stability, which has been heading down over the past 179 days.
- TGT ranks lowest in Momentum; there it ranks in the 39th percentile.
TGT Stock Summary
- With a market capitalization of $103,086,861,460, Target Corp has a greater market value than 97.52% of US stocks.
- The capital turnover (annual revenue relative to shareholder's equity) for TGT is 8.26 -- better than 96.15% of US stocks.
- Target Corp's stock had its IPO on January 1, 1986, making it an older stock than 92.84% of US equities in our set.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to Target Corp are CHTR, ANTM, MDLZ, MMC, and INFY.
- TGT's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Target Corp's official web site, go to investors.target.com.
TGT Valuation Summary
- TGT's price/sales ratio is 1.2; this is 14.29% lower than that of the median Consumer Defensive stock.
- Over the past 243 months, TGT's price/sales ratio has gone up 0.4.
- TGT's price/sales ratio has moved up 0.4 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for TGT.
TGT Growth Metrics
- Its 2 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 330.75%.
- The 4 year net income to common stockholders growth rate now stands at -17.56%.
- Its 2 year price growth rate is now at 70.61%.
The table below shows TGT's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
TGT's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- TGT has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 91.79% of graded US stocks.
- TGT's asset turnover comes in at 1.969 -- ranking 50th of 165 Retail stocks.
- APRN, IMKTA, and YGYI are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with TGT.
The table below shows TGT's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
TGT Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
TGT Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$142.38||52-week high||$268.98|
|Prev. close||$141.23||52-week low||$137.16|
|Day high||$142.50||Avg. volume||5,279,745|
|50-day MA||$180.91||Dividend yield||2.53%|
|200-day MA||$218.23||Market Cap||66.02B|
Target Corporation (TGT) Company Bio
Target Corporation operates as a general merchandise retailer in the United States and Canada, offering offering a selection of merchandise, including consumables, seasonal, home products and apparel. The company was founded in 1902 and is based in Minneapolis, Minnesota.
Most Popular Stories View All
TGT Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
TGT Latest Social Stream
View Full TGT Social Stream
Latest TGT News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Target Corp that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate TGT as an investment opportunity.
Earnings season is winding down.
In this article, we discuss 10 undervalued dividend kings to buy in 2022. If you want to skip our detailed analysis of these stocks, go directly to 5 Undervalued Dividend Kings To Buy In 2022. A dividend king is a company that has raised its dividends consecutively for at least the last 50 years. These […]
The pandemic continues to disrupt grocery business, but that doesn't mean all changes are here to stay.
Target's (TGT) fourth-quarter results are likely to reflect a focus on enhancing omni-channel capacities, remodeling stores and expanding same-day delivery options.
Etsy CEO Josh Silverman joins Yahoo Finance Live to discuss the company's earnings, its reinvestment in the platform, raising fees, and attracting male users with NFL ads.
TGT Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|