We have been given a 30 day grace period to not worry about China trade which is bullish for stocks. You can already see that investors wasted no time pressing higher on this news…and likely more upside lies ahead.
I also believe that conservative income stocks will pass the baton to smaller, riskier, growthier stocks to lead the way from here. That is why I am featuring more of those aggressive stocks in recent article (like this recent commentary: 15 Greedy, Greedy Growth Stocks)
Today’s article is yet another way of unearthing the kind of stocks that have a great chance to outperform. Syncronoss Technologies (SNCR) is one of those elite 8 stocks…but it actually has the least upside potential of the group at +84.6%. Standing at the top is US Auto Parts (PRTS) with a full 200% upside from the current price to analyst fair value targets.
Let’s take a step backwards to better understand what went into this research project to discover these 8 extraordinary stocks.
- 8,000+ US based stocks to start with.
- 1,436 with POWR Rating of A or B. In short, these are the timeliest stocks given all 4 hurdles they had to leap over to qualify in this proprietary quantitative model. (Learn more about what’s inside the POWR Ratings here).
- 127 stocks remained that had a price of less than $10. Like I said it was time to get some excitement happening in our portfolios. Sure these are more speculative stocks, but I mitigate that risk by the employing other criteria to increase the odds of success. POWR Ratings is one such factor. But also the next 2 parameters are vital health checks on these stocks.
- 97 stocks have been given price targets by Wall Street firm. This is an important health check on the companies. Because analysts will not waste their time covering small companies like these unless they see the upside potential. So to have analyst coverage on the stock increases the attractiveness of shares while decreasing the risk involved in these selections.
- 66 stocks remain that have earnings estimates flat to higher for this year and next. Meaning that after their most recent earnings reports, analysts believe that there is no decline in their outlook. And in most cases, they actually increased estimates for the future. The lack of red flags helps to wave a green flag for shares to press ahead.
- 8 Stocks with 80% or more upside to fair value targets set by Wall Street analysts. You have to remember that most target prices are 10-20% above current levels. The only reason for an analyst to place such an extraordinarily high target on a stock is to feel that confident that is an accurate depiction of what it is truly worth.
When you add it altogether we are talking about 8 stocks that blend healthy earnings growth + momentum + extreme value. Check them out below.
|Company||Ticker||Market Cap ($mil)||Price||Target||Upside %|
|Us Auto Parts||PRTS||$54||$1.50||$4.50||200.00%|
What to Do Next?
I would recommend clicking on the links for the stocks that have the most appeal to you. That will take you to their respective quote pages on StockNews.com where you can find a more in-depth understanding of the stock.
I am referring to the full display of the POWR Ratings for the stock where we break it down into 4 components to appreciate the full attractiveness of the investment. a stock. That includes its Buy & Hold Grade, Trading Grade, Industry Rank and Peer Grade. Just click the ticker for each stock to discover that information and more.
One last thing…
Every day I share a limited number of top stocks through articles just like this one. However, you are cutting yourself short from all the resources of the POWR Ratings system that will help you find the best stocks to buy at any time. Not just speculative stocks like these, but large caps, high dividend, value, growth and momentum stocks.
Ratings are updated every day. And that includes updates on the stocks to sell before they harm your portfolio.
But they are only available to POWR Ratings Premium members. Gladly we have a 30 day free trial which is the best way to get started. Just click the link below to learn more and get started.
Synchronoss Technologies, Inc. (SNCR - Get Rating) shares closed at $6.50 on Friday, down $-0.88 (-11.92%). Year-to-date, Synchronoss Technologies, Inc. (SNCR - Get Rating) has gained 5.86%, versus a 20.37% rise in the benchmark S&P 500 index during the same period.
About the Author: Steve Reitmeister
Steve is better known to the StockNews audience as “Reity”. Not only is he the CEO of the firm, but he also shares his 40 years of investment experience in the Reitmeister Total Return portfolio. Learn more about Reity’s background, along with links to his most recent articles and stock picks. More...
More Resources for the Stocks in this Article
|Ticker||POWR Rating||Industry Rank||Rank in Industry|
|SNCR||Get Rating||Get Rating||Get Rating|
|ATRS||Get Rating||Get Rating||Get Rating|
|CDMO||Get Rating||Get Rating||Get Rating|
|MUX||Get Rating||Get Rating||Get Rating|
|PRTS||Get Rating||Get Rating||Get Rating|