American Financial Group, Inc. (AFG): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
AFG POWR Grades
- AFG scores best on the Sentiment dimension, with a Sentiment rank ahead of 88.75% of US stocks.
- AFG's strongest trending metric is Momentum; it's been moving down over the last 206 days.
- AFG's current lowest rank is in the Momentum metric (where it is better than 29.58% of US stocks).
AFG Stock Summary
- American Financial Group Inc's stock had its IPO on January 1, 1986, making it an older stock than 92.9% of US equities in our set.
- Equity multiplier, or assets relative to shareholders' equity, comes in at 11.25 for American Financial Group Inc; that's greater than it is for 93.35% of US stocks.
- In terms of twelve month growth in earnings before interest and taxes, American Financial Group Inc is reporting a growth rate of 351.98%; that's higher than 94.68% of US stocks.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to AFG, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are FHN, ZION, FCNCA, WTFC, and CMA.
- Visit AFG's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.afginc.com.
AFG Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
AFG Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$129.10||52-week high||$130.57|
|Prev. close||$126.01||52-week low||$51.55|
|Day high||$129.63||Avg. volume||513,749|
|50-day MA||$119.26||Dividend yield||1.55%|
|200-day MA||$90.87||Market Cap||10.99B|
American Financial Group, Inc. (AFG) Company Bio
American Financial Group, Inc. provides property and casualty insurance products in the United States. It operates through four segments: Property and Casualty Insurance, Annuity, Run-Off Long-Term Care and Life, and Other. The company was founded in 1872 and is based in Cincinnati, Ohio.
AFG Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
We started the process of determining a valid price forecast for American Financial Group Inc with a discounted cash flow analysis -- the results of which can be found in the table below. To summarize, we found that American Financial Group Inc ranked in the 70th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. More precisely, our analysis suggests the stock is undervalued by approximately 103% on a DCF basis. The most interesting components of our discounted cash flow analysis for American Financial Group Inc ended up being:
- As a business, AFG is generating more cash flow than 84.93% of positive cash flow stocks in the Financial Services.
- American Financial Group Inc's weighted average cost of capital (WACC) is 9%; for context, that number is higher than merely 21.93% of tickers in our DCF set.
- AFG's estimated cost of debt, based largely on its market capitalization and its interest coverage ratio, is 3%; for context, that number is higher than merely 21.93% of tickers in our DCF set.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
AFG Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
AFG Latest Social Stream
View Full AFG Social Stream
Latest AFG News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about American Financial Group Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate AFG as an investment opportunity.
Image source: The Motley Fool. American Financial Group Inc (NYSE: AFG)Q1 2021 Earnings CallMay 5, 2021, 11:30 a.m. ETContents: Prepared Remarks Questions and Answers Call Participants Prepared Remarks: OperatorGood day, and thank you for standing by.
American Financial Group, Inc. (NYSE: AFG) today reported 2021 first quarter net earnings attributable to shareholders of $419 million ($4.84 per share) compared to a net loss of $301 million ($3.34 per share loss) for the 2020 first quarter. Net earnings for the 2021 first quarter include after-tax non-core items totaling $213 million ($2.46 per share). As previously announced, the results of AFG’s Annuity operations are reported as discontinued operations beginning with the first quarter of 2021, in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP), which included adjusting prior period results to reflect these operations as discontinued. AFG’s first quarter 2021 results included $152 million ($1.76 per share) in earnings from discontinued annuity operations and $61 mill...
The 800+ hedge funds and famous money managers tracked by Insider Monkey have already compiled and submitted their 13F filings for the fourth quarter, which unveil their equity positions as of December 31st. We went through these filings, fixed typos and other more significant errors and identified the changes in hedge fund portfolios. Our extensive […]
Photo by PM Images/DigitalVision via Getty Images Introduction The Dividend Champions list is a monthly compilation of companies which have consistently increased their annual dividend payouts, and the latest edition may be found here. However, since this list is only produced once per month, the data in it can quickly...
American Financial Group, Inc. Announces Its Conference Call and Webcast to Discuss 2021 First Quarter Results
American Financial Group, Inc. (NYSE: AFG) expects to release its 2021 first quarter results after 5:00 p.m. (ET) on Tuesday, May 4, 2021. The release will be available shortly thereafter on AFG’s website at www.AFGinc.com.
AFG Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching AFGHere are a few links from around the web to help you further your research on American Financial Group Inc's stock as an investment opportunity:
American Financial Group Inc (AFG) Stock Price | Nasdaq
American Financial Group Inc (AFG) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
American Financial Group Inc (AFG) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch