American Financial Group, Inc. (AFG): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
AFG POWR Grades
- AFG scores best on the Sentiment dimension, with a Sentiment rank ahead of 91.47% of US stocks.
- AFG's strongest trending metric is Quality; it's been moving up over the last 52 weeks.
- AFG ranks lowest in Growth; there it ranks in the 6th percentile.
AFG Stock Summary
- AFG's one year PEG ratio, measuring expected growth in earnings next year relative to current common stock price is 0.85 -- higher than only 4.9% of US-listed equities with positive expected earnings growth.
- With a price/earnings ratio of 5.12, American Financial Group Inc P/E ratio is greater than that of about just 5.72% of stocks in our set with positive earnings.
- In terms of twelve month growth in earnings before interest and taxes, American Financial Group Inc is reporting a growth rate of 600.53%; that's higher than 96.01% of US stocks.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to American Financial Group Inc, a group of peers worth examining would be UAL, UGI, ESGR, JBLU, and FCNCA.
- Visit AFG's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.afginc.com.
AFG Valuation Summary
- AFG's price/sales ratio is 1.5; this is 25% higher than that of the median Financial Services stock.
- Over the past 243 months, AFG's EV/EBIT ratio has gone up 138.6.
- Over the past 243 months, AFG's price/earnings ratio has gone up 21.7.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for AFG.
AFG Growth Metrics
- Its 5 year revenue growth rate is now at 21.86%.
- Its 4 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at -38.48%.
- Its 3 year revenue growth rate is now at 19.43%.
The table below shows AFG's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
AFG's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- AFG has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 56.62% of graded US stocks.
- AFG's asset turnover comes in at 0.124 -- ranking 105th of 133 Insurance stocks.
- L, SIGI, and ATH are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with AFG.
The table below shows AFG's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
AFG Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
AFG Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$137.71||52-week high||$141.25|
|Prev. close||$139.32||52-week low||$71.80|
|Day high||$139.36||Avg. volume||459,535|
|50-day MA||$133.94||Dividend yield||1.61%|
|200-day MA||$121.85||Market Cap||11.67B|
American Financial Group, Inc. (AFG) Company Bio
American Financial Group, Inc. provides property and casualty insurance products in the United States. It operates through four segments: Property and Casualty Insurance, Annuity, Run-Off Long-Term Care and Life, and Other. The company was founded in 1872 and is based in Cincinnati, Ohio.
Most Popular Stories View All
AFG Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
AFG Latest Social Stream
View Full AFG Social Stream
Latest AFG News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about American Financial Group Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate AFG as an investment opportunity.
Public Sector Pension Investment Board Purchases New Shares in American Financial Group, Inc. (NYSE:AFG)
Public Sector Pension Investment Board purchased a new stake in American Financial Group, Inc. (NYSE:AFG) in the second quarter, Holdings Channel.com reports. The fund purchased 2,503 shares of the insurance provider’s stock, valued at approximately $312,000. A number of other hedge funds and other institutional investors also recently added to or reduced their stakes in […]
American Financial Group found using ticker (AFG) have now 3 analysts covering the stock. The analyst consensus points to a rating of ''Buy''. The target price ranges between 150 and 147 with a mean TP of 148.33. With the stocks previous close at 134.29 this now indicates there is a potential upside of 10.5%. The 50 day moving average now sits at 132.86 while the 200 day moving average is 128.22. The company has a market capitalisation of $11,273m. Find out more information at: /> [stock_market_widget type="chart" symbol="AFG" chart="bar" range="6mo" interval="1d" line-color="rgb(49, 125, 189)"] American Financial Group, an insurance holding company, provides specialty property and casualty insurance products in the United States. It offers property and transportation insurance products...
In this article we discuss the 10 best financial services and bank stocks to buy according to Daniel Johnson’s Gillson Capital. If you want to skip our detailed analysis of Gillson Capital’s history, investment philosophy, and hedge fund preference, go directly to 5 Best Financial Services and Bank Stocks to Buy According to Daniel Johnson’s […]
AXIS Capital (AXS) is well-poised to benefit from new business opportunities, premium adjustments and effective capital deployment.
Alleghany (Y) holds potential to reap benefits driven by higher premiums from automobile- business and solid financial position, offset by elevated expenses and cat loss.
AFG Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching AFGHere are a few links from around the web to help you further your research on American Financial Group Inc's stock as an investment opportunity:
American Financial Group Inc (AFG) Stock Price | Nasdaq
American Financial Group Inc (AFG) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
American Financial Group Inc (AFG) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch