American Financial Group, Inc. (AFG): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
AFG POWR Grades
- Sentiment is the dimension where AFG ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 87.86% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for AFG is in Momentum, which has been heading down over the past 31 weeks.
- AFG ranks lowest in Momentum; there it ranks in the 27th percentile.
AFG Stock Summary
- American Financial Group Inc's stock had its IPO on January 1, 1986, making it an older stock than 92.81% of US equities in our set.
- AFG's equity multiplier -- a measure of assets relative to shareholders'equity -- is greater than that of 93.32% of US stocks.
- Over the past twelve months, AFG has reported earnings growth of 351.98%, putting it ahead of 94.27% of US stocks in our set.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to AFG, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are UAL, FHN, UMBF, FCNCA, and ZION.
- AFG's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit American Financial Group Inc's official web site, go to www.afginc.com.
AFG Valuation Summary
- AFG's price/sales ratio is 1.4; this is 16.67% higher than that of the median Financial Services stock.
- Over the past 243 months, AFG's price/sales ratio has gone up 0.9.
- Over the past 243 months, AFG's price/earnings ratio has gone up 30.5.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for AFG.
AFG Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
AFG Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$124.71||52-week high||$141.25|
|Prev. close||$125.66||52-week low||$58.86|
|Day high||$126.50||Avg. volume||519,296|
|50-day MA||$126.61||Dividend yield||1.59%|
|200-day MA||$106.48||Market Cap||10.61B|
American Financial Group, Inc. (AFG) Company Bio
American Financial Group, Inc. provides property and casualty insurance products in the United States. It operates through four segments: Property and Casualty Insurance, Annuity, Run-Off Long-Term Care and Life, and Other. The company was founded in 1872 and is based in Cincinnati, Ohio.
AFG Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
We started the process of determining a valid price forecast for American Financial Group Inc with a discounted cash flow analysis -- the results of which can be found in the table below. To summarize, we found that American Financial Group Inc ranked in the 70th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. More precisely, our analysis suggests the stock is undervalued by approximately 111% on a DCF basis. In terms of the factors that were most noteworthy in this DCF analysis for AFG, they are:
- The company's debt burden, as measured by earnings divided by interest payments, is 19.22; that's higher than 67.86% of US stocks in the Financial Services sector that have positive free cash flow.
- AFG's estimated cost of debt, based largely on its market capitalization and its interest coverage ratio, is 3%; for context, that number is higher than 26.47% of tickers in our DCF set.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
AFG Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
AFG Latest Social Stream
View Full AFG Social Stream
Latest AFG News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about American Financial Group Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate AFG as an investment opportunity.
Before we spend countless hours researching a company, we like to analyze what insiders, hedge funds and billionaire investors think of the stock first. This is a necessary first step in our investment process because our research has shown that the elite investors’ consensus returns have been exceptional. In the following paragraphs, we find out […]
PM Images/DigitalVision via Getty Images Introduction The Dividend Champions list is a monthly compilation of companies which have consistently increased their annual dividend payouts, and the latest edition may be found here. However, since this list is only produced once per month, the data in it can quickly get out...
When bull markets get extended you see a lot of people focus on trading stocks.
American Financial's (AFG) $2 special dividend approval by its board reflects solid performance by the company aiding effective capital management strategy.
CINCINNATI, July 15, 2021--American Financial Group, Inc. (NYSE: AFG) announced today that it has declared a special, one-time cash dividend of $2.00 per share of American Financial Group Common Stock. The dividend is payable on August 2, 2021, to holders of record on July 26, 2021. The aggregate amount of the payment to be made in connection with this special dividend will be approximately $170 million. This special dividend is in addition to the Company’s regular quarterly cash dividend of $0.
AFG Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching AFGHere are a few links from around the web to help you further your research on American Financial Group Inc's stock as an investment opportunity:
American Financial Group Inc (AFG) Stock Price | Nasdaq
American Financial Group Inc (AFG) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
American Financial Group Inc (AFG) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch