American Financial Group, Inc. (AFG): Price and Financial Metrics
AFG Stock Summary
- AFG's went public 34.16 years ago, making it older than 92.48% of listed US stocks we're tracking.
- Equity multiplier, or assets relative to shareholders' equity, comes in at 11.56 for American Financial Group Inc; that's greater than it is for 95.41% of US stocks.
- The volatility of American Financial Group Inc's share price is greater than that of only 9.45% US stocks with at least 200 days of trading history.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to American Financial Group Inc, a group of peers worth examining would be UGI, ALK, JBHT, EHC, and TSCO.
- AFG's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit American Financial Group Inc's official web site, go to www.afginc.com.
AFG Stock Price Chart More Charts
AFG Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$112.22||52-week high||$115.03|
|Prev. close||$112.15||52-week low||$93.75|
|Day high||$112.23||Avg. volume||339,772|
|50-day MA||$110.67||Dividend yield||1.6%|
|200-day MA||$105.45||Market Cap||10.12B|
American Financial Group, Inc. (AFG) Company Bio
American Financial Group, Inc. provides property and casualty insurance products in the United States. It operates through four segments: Property and Casualty Insurance, Annuity, Run-Off Long-Term Care and Life, and Other. The company was founded in 1872 and is based in Cincinnati, Ohio.
AFG Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
Below please find a table outlining a discounted cash flow forecast for AFG, in which we model out valuation assuming a variety of terminal growth rates. To summarize, we found that American Financial Group Inc ranked in the 82st percentile in terms of potential gain offered. Specifically, our DCF analysis implies the stock is trading below its fair value by an estimated 365.5%. As for the metrics that stood out in our discounted cash flow analysis of American Financial Group Inc, consider:
- The company's debt burden, as measured by earnings divided by interest payments, is 13.48; that's higher than 69.25% of US stocks in the Financial Services sector that have positive free cash flow.
- AFG's estimated cost of debt, based largely on its market capitalization and its interest coverage ratio, is 3%; for context, that number is higher than 37.97% of tickers in our DCF set.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|