American Financial Group, Inc. (AFG): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
AFG POWR Grades
- Momentum is the dimension where AFG ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 75.67% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for AFG is in Stability, which has been heading down over the past 177 days.
- AFG ranks lowest in Growth; there it ranks in the 27th percentile.
AFG Stock Summary
- AFG's went public 37.13 years ago, making it older than 93.46% of listed US stocks we're tracking.
- The volatility of AMERICAN FINANCIAL GROUP INC's share price is greater than that of only 2.29% US stocks with at least 200 days of trading history.
- Shareholder yield, a measure of how much is returned to shareholders via dividends and share repurchases, for AFG comes in at 19.86% -- higher than that of 92.79% of stocks in our set.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to AMERICAN FINANCIAL GROUP INC, a group of peers worth examining would be AGO, TIGO, IP, AVA, and UNM.
- AFG's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit AMERICAN FINANCIAL GROUP INC's official web site, go to www.afginc.com.
AFG Valuation Summary
- AFG's price/earnings ratio is 12; this is 5.26% higher than that of the median Financial Services stock.
- Over the past 243 months, AFG's EV/EBIT ratio has gone up 2.6.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for AFG.
AFG Growth Metrics
- Its 3 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at -25.91%.
- The 4 year cash and equivalents growth rate now stands at -11.48%.
- Its year over year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 28.51%.
The table below shows AFG's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
AFG's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- AFG has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 57.76% of graded US stocks.
- AFG's asset turnover comes in at 0.124 -- ranking 105th of 133 Insurance stocks.
- L, ATH, and SIGI are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with AFG.
The table below shows AFG's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
AFG Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
AFG Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$136.02||52-week high||$152.29|
|Prev. close||$136.60||52-week low||$119.01|
|Day high||$136.52||Avg. volume||319,564|
|50-day MA||$138.32||Dividend yield||1.84%|
|200-day MA||$135.89||Market Cap||11.58B|
American Financial Group, Inc. (AFG) Company Bio
American Financial Group, Inc. provides property and casualty insurance products in the United States. It operates through four segments: Property and Casualty Insurance, Annuity, Run-Off Long-Term Care and Life, and Other. The company was founded in 1872 and is based in Cincinnati, Ohio.
Most Popular Stories View All
AFG Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
AFG Latest Social Stream
View Full AFG Social Stream
Latest AFG News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about AMERICAN FINANCIAL GROUP INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate AFG as an investment opportunity.
American Financial Group, Inc. (NYSE:AFG) Q4 2022 Earnings Call Transcript February 2, 2023 Operator: Thank you for standing by, and welcome to the American Financial Group 2022 Fourth Quarter and Full Year Results Conference Call. . I would now turn the conference to your host, Ms. Diane Weidner, Vice President of Investor Relations. Please go […]
Reinsurance Group (RGA) Q4 results reflect higher premiums and lower expenses, partially offset by lower investment income.
American Financial Group, Inc. (AFG)
Q4 2022 Earnings Conference Call
February 02, 2023, 11:30 ET
Diane Weidner - VP, IR
Carl Lindner - Co-President, Co-CEO & Director
Stephen Lindner - Co-President, Co-CEO & Director
Brian Hertzman - SVP & CFO
Conference Call Participants
Jon Newsome - Piper Sandler & Co.
Michael Zaremski - BMO Capital Markets
Meyer Shields - KBW
Thank you for standing by, and welcome to the American Financial Group 2022 Fourth Quarter and Full Year Results Conference Call. [Operator Instructions].
I would now turn the conference to your host, Ms. Diane...
American Financial's (AFG) fourth-quarter results reflect higher P&C insurance net earned premiums, offset by higher expenses and lower net investment income.
American Financial (AFG) delivered earnings and revenue surprises of 1.36% and 13.28%, respectively, for the quarter ended December 2022. Do the numbers hold clues to what lies ahead for the stock?
AFG Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching AFGHere are a few links from around the web to help you further your research on American Financial Group Inc's stock as an investment opportunity:
American Financial Group Inc (AFG) Stock Price | Nasdaq
American Financial Group Inc (AFG) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
American Financial Group Inc (AFG) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch