Air Products and Chemicals, Inc. (APD): Price and Financial Metrics
APD Stock Summary
- With a one year PEG ratio of 4,970.56, Air Products & Chemicals Inc is expected to have a higher PEG ratio (a measure of how expensive a stock is relative to its expected earnings growth) than 99.21% of US stocks.
- Of note is the ratio of Air Products & Chemicals Inc's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; 98.06% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- The volatility of Air Products & Chemicals Inc's share price is greater than that of only 2.38% US stocks with at least 200 days of trading history.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to APD, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are ALGN, GD, GPN, BAX, and IDXX.
- APD's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Air Products & Chemicals Inc's official web site, go to www.airproducts.com.
APD Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
APD Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$284.74||52-week high||$327.89|
|Prev. close||$288.63||52-week low||$209.67|
|Day high||$288.51||Avg. volume||1,169,912|
|50-day MA||$273.51||Dividend yield||2.11%|
|200-day MA||$281.46||Market Cap||63.01B|
Air Products and Chemicals, Inc. (APD) Company Bio
Air Products & Chemicals is a leading industrial gases company. The company provides atmospheric, process and specialty gases, and related equipment to manufacturing markets including metals, food and beverage, refining and petrochemical, and natural gas liquefaction. Air Products' materials technologies segment serves the semiconductor, polyurethanes, cleaning and coatings, and adhesives industries. The company was founded in 1940 and is based in Allentown, Pennsylvania.
APD Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
We started the process of determining a valid price forecast for Air Products & Chemicals Inc with a discounted cash flow analysis -- the results of which can be found in the table below. To summarize, we found that Air Products & Chemicals Inc ranked in the 12th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. We should note, though, that all scenearios modelled for this stock suggest it is overvalued. In terms of the factors that were most noteworthy in this DCF analysis for APD, they are:
- Interest coverage, a measure of earnings relative to interest payments, is 19.58 -- which is good for besting 82.68% of its peer stocks (US stocks in the Basic Materials sector with positive cash flow).
- The company's compound free cash flow growth rate over the past 5.52 years comes in at 0.01%; that's greater than only 24.2% of US stocks we're applying DCF forecasting to.
- APD's estimated cost of debt, based largely on its market capitalization and its interest coverage ratio, is 3%; for context, that number is higher than 30.24% of tickers in our DCF set.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
APD Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
APD Latest Social Stream
View Full APD Social Stream
Latest APD News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Air Products & Chemicals Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate APD as an investment opportunity.
Air Products (NYSE: APD), a world leader in industrial gases megaproject development and execution, today announced that the Kochi Industrial Gas Complex is reliably supplying syngas to the Propylene Derivatives Petrochemical Project (PDPP) at the Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited (BPCL) Kochi Refinery. This is the company's second supply contract with BPCL at Kochi. Air Products already operates a world-scale industrial gas complex which was commissioned in 2017, and inaugurated in 2018, to support the BPCL Integrated Refinery Expansion Project (IREP) at the same location.
Air Products ([[APD]] -0.9%) says it has acquired the remaining 50% stake in its gasification technology joint venture with China Energy Group.Financial terms are not disclosed, but Air Products acquired its initial 50% equity stake in the JV as part of its acquisition of General Electric's gasification business in 2019."Our...
Air Products Acquires Remaining 50% Stake in Gasification Technology Joint Venture from China Shenhua Coal to Liquid and Chemical
Air Products (NYSE: APD) today announced it has completed the acquisition of the remaining 50 percent equity stake in its gasification technology joint venture (JV) with China Shenhua Coal to Liquid and Chemical Co. Ltd., a subsidiary of China Energy Group. Financial terms of the transaction are not being disclosed.
DOW vs. APD: Which Stock Is the Better Value Option?
Air Products and New Flyer Tour Cities in Oregon to Demonstrate the Benefits of Hydrogen Fuel Cell Bus Technology
Air Products (NYSE:APD) and New Flyer of America Inc. continued its tour of the Northwest United States (U.S.) at the end of March, visiting two cities in Oregon to demonstrate the benefits of fuel cell electric buses powered with Air Products' hydrogen.
APD Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching APDHere are a few links from around the web to help you further your research on Air Products & Chemicals Inc's stock as an investment opportunity:
Air Products & Chemicals Inc (APD) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Air Products & Chemicals Inc (APD) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Air Products & Chemicals Inc (APD) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch