Air Products and Chemicals, Inc. (APD): Price and Financial Metrics
APD Stock Summary
- APD has a higher market value than 95.9% of US stocks; more precisely, its current market capitalization is $51,903,371,980.
- Air Products & Chemicals Inc's stock had its IPO on January 1, 1986, making it an older stock than 92.46% of US equities in our set.
- The volatility of Air Products & Chemicals Inc's share price is greater than that of only 13.97% US stocks with at least 200 days of trading history.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to APD, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are OXY, ETN, SU, ICE, and GD.
- Visit APD's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.airproducts.com.
APD Stock Price Chart More Charts
APD Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$255.52||52-week high||$256.59|
|Prev. close||$256.01||52-week low||$173.00|
|Day high||$256.59||Avg. volume||1,183,487|
|50-day MA||$237.83||Dividend yield||1.81%|
|200-day MA||$225.26||Market Cap||56.39B|
Air Products and Chemicals, Inc. (APD) Company Bio
Air Products & Chemicals is a leading industrial gases company. The company provides atmospheric, process and specialty gases, and related equipment to manufacturing markets including metals, food and beverage, refining and petrochemical, and natural gas liquefaction. Air Products' materials technologies segment serves the semiconductor, polyurethanes, cleaning and coatings, and adhesives industries. The company was founded in 1940 and is based in Allentown, Pennsylvania.
APD Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
Below please find a table outlining a discounted cash flow forecast for APD, in which we model out valuation assuming a variety of terminal growth rates. To summarize, we found that Air Products & Chemicals Inc ranked in the 25st percentile in terms of potential gain offered. Our DCF analysis suggests the stock is overvalued by about 71.17%. The most interesting components of our discounted cash flow analysis for Air Products & Chemicals Inc ended up being:
- Interest coverage, a measure of earnings relative to interest payments, is 20.91 -- which is good for besting 88.98% of its peer stocks (US stocks in the Basic Materials sector with positive cash flow).
- The business' balance sheet suggests that 6% of the company's capital is sourced from debt; this is greater than merely 17.73% of the free cash flow producing stocks we're observing.
- APD's estimated cost of debt, based largely on its market capitalization and its interest coverage ratio, is 3%; for context, that number is higher than 51.36% of tickers in our DCF set.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|