Air Products & Chemicals Inc. (APD): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
APD POWR Grades
- APD scores best on the Quality dimension, with a Quality rank ahead of 83.81% of US stocks.
- APD's strongest trending metric is Value; it's been moving down over the last 177 days.
- APD ranks lowest in Value; there it ranks in the 11th percentile.
APD Stock Summary
- With a market capitalization of $51,346,464,333, AIR PRODUCTS & CHEMICALS INC has a greater market value than 96.21% of US stocks.
- AIR PRODUCTS & CHEMICALS INC's stock had its IPO on January 1, 1986, making it an older stock than 93.22% of US equities in our set.
- The ratio of debt to operating expenses for AIR PRODUCTS & CHEMICALS INC is higher than it is for about 89.28% of US stocks.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to APD, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are ADM, OTIS, FIS, BAX, and ROP.
- APD's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit AIR PRODUCTS & CHEMICALS INC's official web site, go to www.airproducts.com.
APD Valuation Summary
- APD's price/sales ratio is 4.6; this is 170.59% higher than that of the median Basic Materials stock.
- APD's price/sales ratio has moved up 2.8 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for APD.
APD Growth Metrics
- The 2 year net cashflow from operations growth rate now stands at 4.7%.
- Its 2 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 5.79%.
- Its 4 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 47.88%.
The table below shows APD's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
APD's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- APD has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 83.61% of graded US stocks.
- APD's asset turnover comes in at 0.378 -- ranking 69th of 89 Chemicals stocks.
- HXL, GEVO, and SMG are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with APD.
The table below shows APD's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
APD Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
APD Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$231.50||52-week high||$316.39|
|Prev. close||$237.07||52-week low||$216.24|
|Day high||$236.43||Avg. volume||1,214,676|
|50-day MA||$251.68||Dividend yield||2.73%|
|200-day MA||$253.60||Market Cap||51.35B|
Air Products & Chemicals Inc. (APD) Company Bio
Air Products and Chemicals, Inc. is an American international corporation whose principal business is selling gases and chemicals for industrial uses. Air Products' headquarters is in Allentown, Pennsylvania, in the Lehigh Valley region of Pennsylvania, in the United States. Air Products is the Lehigh Valley's third largest employer, after Lehigh Valley Hospital and St. Luke's University Health Network . Leonard P. Pool founded the company in 1940. Air Products’ current CEO and Chairman is Seifi Ghasemi. (Source:Wikipedia)
Most Popular Stories View All
APD Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
APD Latest Social Stream
View Full APD Social Stream
Latest APD News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about AIR PRODUCTS & CHEMICALS INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate APD as an investment opportunity.
Lower consumer spending, high inflation, rising interest rates, geopolitical tensions -- the list of economic headwinds besetting the stock market goes on and on. Being bearish is in style, and the price action of the broad-market indexes certainly reflects that. While investors shouldn't rule out the chance of a prolonged recession, it's also important to remember that economic cycles are simply par for the course when it comes to long-term investing.
A little-known group of Buffett stocks includes three members of dividend royalty with solid growth prospects.
In the latest trading session, Air Products and Chemicals (APD) closed at $238.52, marking a -1.22% move from the previous day.
Air Products (NYSE: APD) today announced plans to start construction of a second hydrogen liquefaction plant in Rotterdam, the Netherlands. This new source is in addition to the company's existing liquid hydrogen plant in Botlek, the Netherlands. Once operational in 2025, the plant will double Europe's total current liquid hydrogen capacity.
Investors looking for ways to find stocks that are set to beat quarterly earnings estimates should check out the Zacks Earnings ESP.
APD Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching APDHere are a few links from around the web to help you further your research on Air Products & Chemicals Inc's stock as an investment opportunity:
Air Products & Chemicals Inc (APD) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Air Products & Chemicals Inc (APD) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Air Products & Chemicals Inc (APD) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch