Air Products & Chemicals Inc. (APD): Price and Financial Metrics
APD Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$281.12||52-week high||$328.56|
|Prev. close||$273.17||52-week low||$218.88|
|Day high||$281.34||Avg. volume||1,008,847|
|50-day MA||$282.44||Dividend yield||2.55%|
|200-day MA||$280.41||Market Cap||62.44B|
APD Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
APD POWR Grades
- Stability is the dimension where APD ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 83.57% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for APD is in Growth, which has been heading up over the past 179 days.
- APD ranks lowest in Value; there it ranks in the 9th percentile.
APD Stock Summary
- APD has a higher market value than 96.45% of US stocks; more precisely, its current market capitalization is $60,159,717,214.
- APD's one year PEG ratio, measuring expected growth in earnings next year relative to current common stock price is 4,599.38 -- higher than 99.39% of US-listed equities with positive expected earnings growth.
- APD's went public 37.42 years ago, making it older than 93.61% of listed US stocks we're tracking.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to AIR PRODUCTS & CHEMICALS INC, a group of peers worth examining would be NDSN, WAT, ELV, SNN, and ARES.
- Visit APD's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.airproducts.com.
APD Valuation Summary
- APD's price/sales ratio is 4.7; this is 176.47% higher than that of the median Basic Materials stock.
- APD's price/earnings ratio has moved up 9.9 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for APD.
APD Growth Metrics
- The year over year net cashflow from operations growth rate now stands at -15.16%.
- Its 4 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at -38.67%.
- The 2 year net income to common stockholders growth rate now stands at 14.93%.
The table below shows APD's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
APD's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- APD has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 83.61% of graded US stocks.
- APD's asset turnover comes in at 0.378 -- ranking 69th of 89 Chemicals stocks.
- HXL, GEVO, and SMG are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with APD.
The table below shows APD's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
APD Price Target
For more insight on analysts targets of APD, see our APD price target page. And for a list of of all stocks sorted by upside potential based on analyst target price, see our Top Price Target page.
|Average Price Target||$316.26||Average Broker Recommendation||1.65 (Moderate Buy)|
Air Products & Chemicals Inc. (APD) Company Bio
Air Products and Chemicals, Inc. is an American international corporation whose principal business is selling gases and chemicals for industrial uses. Air Products' headquarters is in Allentown, Pennsylvania, in the Lehigh Valley region of Pennsylvania, in the United States. Air Products is the Lehigh Valley's third largest employer, after Lehigh Valley Hospital and St. Luke's University Health Network . Leonard P. Pool founded the company in 1940. Air Products’ current CEO and Chairman is Seifi Ghasemi. (Source:Wikipedia)
Most Popular Stories View All
APD Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
APD Latest Social Stream
View Full APD Social Stream
Latest APD News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about AIR PRODUCTS & CHEMICALS INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate APD as an investment opportunity.
13 Best Basic Materials Stocks to Buy Now
In this article, we will take a look at the 13 best basic materials stocks to buy now. To see more such companies, go directly to 5 Best Basic Materials Stocks to Buy Now. The basic materials industry is huge and includes major segments like oil, metals & mining, chemicals, and other raw materials. The […]
NEOM Green Hydrogen Company completes financial close at a total investment value of USD 8.4 billion in the world's largest carbon-free green hydrogen plant
NEOM Green Hydrogen Company (NGHC) today announced that following signing financial documents with 23 local, regional, and international banks, and investment firms, it has now achieved financial close on the world's largest green hydrogen production facility at a total investment value of USD 8.4 billion. The plant is currently being built at Oxagon, in Saudi Arabia's region of NEOM. NGHC has also concluded the engineering, procurement, and construction (EPC) agreement with Air Products as the
Air Products Declares Quarterly Dividend
The Board of Directors of Air Products (NYSE: APD) today declared a quarterly dividend of $1.75 per share of common stock. The dividend is payable on August 14, 2023 to shareholders of record at the close of business on July 3, 2023.
Air Products' Board of Directors Again Extends Seifi Ghasemi's Term as Chairman, President and Chief Executive Officer
Air Products' (NYSE: APD) Board of Directors today announced an amendment to the employment agreement with Air Products' chairman, president and chief executive officer, Seifi Ghasemi, further extending his term.
Aers Energy België Selects Air Products to Build a State-of-the-Art Hydrogen Refueling Station in Zeebrugge, Belgium
Air Products (NYSE: APD) has signed an agreement with Aers Energy België to develop a multi-fuel, hydrogen refueling station for trucks. It will be located on a concession in the port of Zeebrugge, which Aers Energy België has been awarded. Within this location, Aers will also operate a new secure truck stop, rest area, convenience store and restaurant.
APD Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching APDHere are a few links from around the web to help you further your research on Air Products & Chemicals Inc's stock as an investment opportunity:
Air Products & Chemicals Inc (APD) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Air Products & Chemicals Inc (APD) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Air Products & Chemicals Inc (APD) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch
Loading social stream, please wait...