B&G Foods, Inc. B&G Foods, Inc. (BGS): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
BGS POWR Grades
- BGS scores best on the Value dimension, with a Value rank ahead of 61.27% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for BGS is in Growth, which has been heading down over the past 48 weeks.
- BGS ranks lowest in Sentiment; there it ranks in the 2nd percentile.
BGS Stock Summary
- The ratio of debt to operating expenses for B&G Foods Inc is higher than it is for about 91.73% of US stocks.
- The volatility of B&G Foods Inc's share price is greater than that of only 16.5% US stocks with at least 200 days of trading history.
- Shareholder yield, a measure of how much is returned to shareholders via dividends and share repurchases, for BGS comes in at -17.12% -- higher than that of only 14.87% of stocks in our set.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to BGS, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are POST, SLGN, ESEA, DAN, and TV.
- BGS's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit B&G Foods Inc's official web site, go to www.bgfoods.com.
BGS Valuation Summary
- BGS's price/earnings ratio is 17.9; this is 20.97% lower than that of the median Consumer Defensive stock.
- BGS's EV/EBIT ratio has moved up 1.6 over the prior 174 months.
- BGS's price/sales ratio has moved up 0.1 over the prior 174 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for BGS.
BGS Growth Metrics
- Its 2 year revenue growth rate is now at 0.9%.
- The year over year net income to common stockholders growth rate now stands at 49.13%.
- Its 2 year price growth rate is now at -19.23%.
The table below shows BGS's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
BGS's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- BGS has a Quality Grade of D, ranking ahead of 13.61% of graded US stocks.
- BGS's asset turnover comes in at 0.543 -- ranking 38th of 57 Food Products stocks.
- TR, RMCF, and JJSF are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with BGS.
The table below shows BGS's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
BGS Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
BGS Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$29.92||52-week high||$47.84|
|Prev. close||$30.13||52-week low||$25.26|
|Day high||$30.36||Avg. volume||1,403,745|
|50-day MA||$29.75||Dividend yield||6.35%|
|200-day MA||$30.65||Market Cap||1.94B|
B&G Foods, Inc. B&G Foods, Inc. (BGS) Company Bio
B&G Foods manufactures, sells, and distributes shelf-stable food and household products in the United States, Canada, and Puerto Rico. The company was founded in 1996 and is based in Parsippany, New Jersey.
Most Popular Stories View All
BGS Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
BGS Latest Social Stream
View Full BGS Social Stream
Latest BGS News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about B&G Foods Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate BGS as an investment opportunity.
B&G Foods (BGS) is encountering coronavirus-related costs for the past few quarters. Also, higher cost inflation is affecting gross margin performance.
Shares of Beyond Meat Inc. took a hit Thursday, after Piper Sandler analyst Michael Lavery turned bearish on the plant-based meat company, citing a weaker growth outlook and concern the outlook for foodservice sales may be overly optimistic.
B&G Foods Announces Sale of Portland, Maine Manufacturing Facility Business Wire
PARSIPPANY, N.J., August 31, 2021--B&G Foods, Inc. (NYSE: BGS) announced today that the Company will participate at the Barclays Global Consumer Staples Conference on Wednesday, September 8, 2021. The session will begin at 3:20 p.m. Eastern Time. Investors and interested parties may listen to a live webcast of the session by visiting the investor relations section of the Company’s website at www.bgfoods.com/investor-relations at the appropriate time. A replay of the webcast will be available fol
B&G Foods (BGS) to sell its Portland, Maine manufacturing facility along with 13.5-acre waterfront property. The move will enhance the company's productivity and lower overall costs.
BGS Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|