B&G Foods, Inc. B&G Foods, Inc. (BGS): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
BGS POWR Grades
- Value is the dimension where BGS ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 79.4% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for BGS is in Growth, which has been heading down over the past 31 weeks.
- BGS ranks lowest in Sentiment; there it ranks in the 0th percentile.
BGS Stock Summary
- For BGS, its debt to operating expenses ratio is greater than that reported by 92.2% of US equities we're observing.
- The volatility of B&G Foods Inc's share price is greater than that of only 11.68% US stocks with at least 200 days of trading history.
- B&G Foods Inc's shareholder yield -- a measure of how much capital is returned to stockholders via dividends and buybacks -- is -10.93%, greater than the shareholder yield of merely 19.13% of stocks in our set.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to B&G Foods Inc are GTY, DAC, PBFX, GEO, and EPR.
- BGS's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit B&G Foods Inc's official web site, go to www.bgfoods.com.
BGS Valuation Summary
- BGS's price/sales ratio is 1.1; this is 26.67% lower than that of the median Consumer Defensive stock.
- Over the past 171 months, BGS's price/sales ratio has gone up $0.2.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for BGS.
BGS Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
BGS Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$32.99||52-week high||$47.84|
|Prev. close||$32.75||52-week low||$22.30|
|Day high||$33.29||Avg. volume||1,755,339|
|50-day MA||$30.17||Dividend yield||5.76%|
|200-day MA||$29.73||Market Cap||2.14B|
B&G Foods, Inc. B&G Foods, Inc. (BGS) Company Bio
B&G Foods manufactures, sells, and distributes shelf-stable food and household products in the United States, Canada, and Puerto Rico. The company was founded in 1996 and is based in Parsippany, New Jersey.
BGS Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
The table below illustrates the output of a discounted cash flow forecast using a variety of scenarios for B&G Foods Inc. To summarize, we found that B&G Foods Inc ranked in the 65th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. Moreover, under all the scenarios we modelled, the output consistently forecasted positive returns. In terms of the factors that were most noteworthy in this DCF analysis for BGS, they are:
- 45% of the company's capital comes from equity, which is greater than just 12.4% of stocks in our cash flow based forecasting set.
- B&G Foods Inc's weighted average cost of capital (WACC) is 9%; for context, that number is higher than only 16.19% of tickers in our DCF set.
- Relative to other stocks in its sector (Consumer Defensive), B&G Foods Inc has a reliance on debt greater than 93.59% of them.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
BGS Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
BGS Latest Social Stream
View Full BGS Social Stream
Latest BGS News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about B&G Foods Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate BGS as an investment opportunity.
B&G Foods (BGS) reported earnings 30 days ago. What's next for the stock? We take a look at earnings estimates for some clues.
One day after B&G Foods (NYSE: BGS) popped on a broader short squeeze in consumer stocks led by meme stocks like AMC Entertainment Holdings, many of those stocks, including B&G, were giving back some of those gains today. On unusually high volume yesterday, B&G gained 13%, a sharp jump for a sleepy packaged foods stock on no news. Today, however, many of those stocks were fading, with shares of AMC and others down double digits as some traders seemed to pocket profits.
B&G Foods (BGS) was a big mover last session on higher-than-average trading volume. The latest trend in earnings estimate revisions might not help the stock continue moving higher in the near term.
A security breach at a major food company appears to be boosting food stocks like B&G Foods today.
B&G Foods: Return On Capital Employed Insights Looking at Q1, B&G Foods (NYSE: BGS ) earned $61.98 million, a 43.12% increase from the preceding quarter. B&G Foods's sales decreased to $505.13 million, a 1.0% B&G Foods: Return On Capital Employed Insights Looking at Q1, B&G Foods (NYSE: BGS ) earned $61.98 million, a 43.12% increase from the preceding quarter. B&G Foods's sales decreased to $505.13 million, a 1.0% change since Q4. In Q4, B&G Foods earned $43.31 million, whereas sales reached $510.24 million. Why ROCE … Full story available on Benzinga.com
BGS Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|