B&G Foods, Inc. B&G Foods, Inc. (BGS): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
BGS POWR Grades
- BGS scores best on the Growth dimension, with a Growth rank ahead of 70.7% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for BGS is in Stability, which has been heading down over the past 179 days.
- BGS's current lowest rank is in the Sentiment metric (where it is better than 6.92% of US stocks).
BGS Stock Summary
- The ratio of debt to operating expenses for B&G FOODS INC is higher than it is for about 88.46% of US stocks.
- BGS's price/sales ratio is 0.45; that's higher than the P/S ratio of merely 13.01% of US stocks.
- Over the past twelve months, BGS has reported earnings growth of -72.9%, putting it ahead of only 18.14% of US stocks in our set.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to B&G FOODS INC, a group of peers worth examining would be NEWT, LUMN, NRG, BALY, and CCL.
- Visit BGS's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.bgfoods.com.
BGS Valuation Summary
- BGS's price/sales ratio is 0.5; this is 75% lower than that of the median Consumer Defensive stock.
- Over the past 191 months, BGS's price/earnings ratio has gone down 54.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for BGS.
BGS Growth Metrics
- Its 3 year price growth rate is now at 23.95%.
- Its 2 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at -26.85%.
- Its 2 year revenue growth rate is now at 22.77%.
The table below shows BGS's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
BGS's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- BGS has a Quality Grade of D, ranking ahead of 14.05% of graded US stocks.
- BGS's asset turnover comes in at 0.543 -- ranking 38th of 58 Food Products stocks.
- TR, JJSF, and LW are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with BGS.
The table below shows BGS's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
BGS Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
BGS Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$12.95||52-week high||$31.66|
|Prev. close||$13.30||52-week low||$10.91|
|Day high||$13.56||Avg. volume||1,153,223|
|50-day MA||$12.95||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$18.89||Market Cap||928.10M|
B&G Foods, Inc. B&G Foods, Inc. (BGS) Company Bio
B&G Foods manufactures, sells, and distributes shelf-stable food and household products in the United States, Canada, and Puerto Rico. The company was founded in 1996 and is based in Parsippany, New Jersey.
Most Popular Stories View All
BGS Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
BGS Latest Social Stream
View Full BGS Social Stream
Latest BGS News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about B&G FOODS INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate BGS as an investment opportunity.
A share of B&G Foods Inc. (NYSE:BGS) closed at $14.56 per share on Thursday, up from $14.51 day before. While B&G Foods Inc. has overperformed by 0.34%, investors are advised to look at stock chart patterns for technical insight. Within its last year performance, BGS fell by -53.27%, with highs and lows ranging from $31.66 […]
B&G Foods Issues Voluntary Allergy Alert for Undeclared Peanut in Three Cases of Back to Nature® Fudge Mint Cookies
PARSIPPANY, N.J.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--B&G Foods announced today it is voluntarily recalling three cases (18 individual boxes) of a single date code of 6.4 oz. Back to Nature Fudge Mint Cookies, with a “best by” date of OCT 02 2023, after being notified that an ingredient supplied by a third-party ingredient supplier was contaminated with peanut, an allergen not declared on the cookie box label. People who have an allergy or severe sensitivity to peanut run the risk of serious or life-threateni
B&G Foods Issues Voluntary Allergy Alert for Undeclared Peanut in Three Cases of Back to Nature Fudge Mint Cookies
B&G Foods announced today it is voluntarily recalling three cases (18 individual boxes) of a single date code of 6.4 oz. Back to Nature Fudge Mint Cookies, with a “best by” date of OCT 02 2023, after being notified that an ingredient supplied by a third-party ingredient supplier was contaminated with peanut, an allergen not declared on the cookie box label. People who have an allergy or severe
BOH, CNXC and BGS have been added to the Zacks Rank #5 (Strong Sell) List on January 31, 2023.
The share price of B&G Foods Inc. (NYSE:BGS) fell to $13.85 per share on Wednesday from $13.91. While B&G Foods Inc. has underperformed by -0.43%, investors are advised to look at stock chart patterns for technical insight. Within its last year performance, BGS fell by -55.71%, with highs and lows ranging from $31.67 to $10.91, […]
BGS Price Returns