B&G Foods, Inc. B&G Foods, Inc. (BGS): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
BGS POWR Grades
- BGS scores best on the Momentum dimension, with a Momentum rank ahead of 55.81% of US stocks.
- BGS's strongest trending metric is Growth; it's been moving down over the last 177 days.
- BGS ranks lowest in Sentiment; there it ranks in the 0th percentile.
BGS Stock Summary
- With a price/earnings ratio of 31.71, B&G FOODS INC P/E ratio is greater than that of about 82.07% of stocks in our set with positive earnings.
- The price/operating cash flow metric for B&G FOODS INC is higher than 81.52% of stocks in our set with a positive cash flow.
- The ratio of debt to operating expenses for B&G FOODS INC is higher than it is for about 92.02% of US stocks.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to BGS, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are FLL, ERO, CNTY, POST, and SBS.
- Visit BGS's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.bgfoods.com.
BGS Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Consumer Defensive stock, BGS's price/sales ratio is 68.42% lower, now standing at 0.6.
- BGS's price/sales ratio has moved down 0.3 over the prior 187 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for BGS.
BGS Growth Metrics
- Its year over year price growth rate is now at -5.45%.
- Its 2 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at -26.85%.
- Its 4 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at -47.18%.
The table below shows BGS's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
BGS's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- BGS has a Quality Grade of D, ranking ahead of 14.05% of graded US stocks.
- BGS's asset turnover comes in at 0.543 -- ranking 38th of 58 Food Products stocks.
- TR, JJSF, and LW are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with BGS.
The table below shows BGS's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
BGS Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
BGS Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$16.49||52-week high||$34.27|
|Prev. close||$16.86||52-week low||$16.49|
|Day high||$17.18||Avg. volume||1,041,660|
|50-day MA||$21.78||Dividend yield||11.52%|
|200-day MA||$25.99||Market Cap||1.18B|
B&G Foods, Inc. B&G Foods, Inc. (BGS) Company Bio
B&G Foods manufactures, sells, and distributes shelf-stable food and household products in the United States, Canada, and Puerto Rico. The company was founded in 1996 and is based in Parsippany, New Jersey.
Most Popular Stories View All
BGS Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
BGS Latest Social Stream
View Full BGS Social Stream
Latest BGS News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about B&G FOODS INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate BGS as an investment opportunity.
Institutional investors may adopt severe steps after B&G Foods, Inc.'s (NYSE:BGS) latest 5.5% drop adds to a year losses
To get a sense of who is truly in control of B&G Foods, Inc. ( NYSE:BGS ), it is important to understand the ownership...
BGS, CRI, and AJRD have been added to the Zacks Rank #5 (Strong Sell) List on September 15, 2022.
When looking to buy stocks for the long term, you need to consider valuation. Right now, these stocks are not cheap.
Investors need to pay close attention to B&G Foods (BGS) stock based on the movements in the options market lately.
BGS, BRY, and CHUY have been added to the Zacks Rank #5 (Strong Sell) List on September 13, 2022.
BGS Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|