B&G Foods, Inc. B&G Foods, Inc. (BGS): Price and Financial Metrics
BGS Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$9.48||52-week high||$16.87|
|Prev. close||$9.77||52-week low||$9.41|
|Day high||$9.71||Avg. volume||1,016,101|
|50-day MA||$11.93||Dividend yield||7.84%|
|200-day MA||$13.42||Market Cap||685.33M|
BGS Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
BGS POWR Grades
- Value is the dimension where BGS ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 81.72% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for BGS is in Value, which has been heading up over the past 177 days.
- BGS ranks lowest in Sentiment; there it ranks in the 3rd percentile.
BGS Stock Summary
- The ratio of debt to operating expenses for B&G FOODS INC is higher than it is for about 87.73% of US stocks.
- With a price/sales ratio of 0.35, B&G FOODS INC has a higher such ratio than merely 12.69% of stocks in our set.
- Shareholder yield, a measure of how much is returned to shareholders via dividends and share repurchases, for BGS comes in at 19.55% -- higher than that of 90.77% of stocks in our set.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to BGS, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are SIX, TGI, IEP, SID, and SEAS.
- Visit BGS's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.bgfoods.com.
BGS Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Consumer Defensive stock, BGS's EV/EBIT ratio is 32.37% higher, now standing at 22.9.
- BGS's price/earnings ratio has moved down 64.1 over the prior 199 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for BGS.
BGS Growth Metrics
- Its 4 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 299.57%.
- The 2 year net income to common stockholders growth rate now stands at -26.85%.
- Its 3 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at -49.97%.
The table below shows BGS's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
BGS's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- BGS has a Quality Grade of D, ranking ahead of 14.05% of graded US stocks.
- BGS's asset turnover comes in at 0.543 -- ranking 38th of 58 Food Products stocks.
- TR, JJSF, and LW are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with BGS.
The table below shows BGS's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
B&G Foods, Inc. B&G Foods, Inc. (BGS) Company Bio
B&G Foods manufactures, sells, and distributes shelf-stable food and household products in the United States, Canada, and Puerto Rico. The company was founded in 1996 and is based in Parsippany, New Jersey.
BGS Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
BGS Latest Social Stream
View Full BGS Social Stream
Latest BGS News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about B&G FOODS INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate BGS as an investment opportunity.
Investors need to pay close attention to B&G Foods (BGS) stock based on the movements in the options market lately.
PARSIPPANY, N.J., September 26, 2023--B&G Foods, Inc. (NYSE: BGS) announced today that it has completed its previously announced offering of $550.0 million aggregate principal amount of 8.000% senior secured notes due 2028 in a transaction exempt from registration under the Securities Act of 1933, as amended.
B&G Foods' (BGS) focus on reshaping its portfolio is evident from its focus on making prudent buyouts and divestitures. Efficient pricing is shielding margins.
B&G Foods, Inc.'s (NYSE:BGS) latest 8.1% decline adds to one-year losses, institutional investors may consider drastic measures
Key Insights Given the large stake in the stock by institutions, B&G Foods' stock price might be vulnerable to their...
Shares of consumer packaged goods company B&G Foods (NYSE: BGS) dropped on Wednesday after the company announced details regarding its planned debt offering Tuesday night. As of 12:15 p.m. ET, B&G Foods stock was down about 5%, which is a big move for this ordinarily sleepy stock. As of the second quarter of 2023, B&G Foods had a substantial debt load of over $2.2 billion.
BGS Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|