Duke Energy Corporation (Holding Company) (DUK): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
DUK POWR Grades
- Growth is the dimension where DUK ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 86.11% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for DUK is in Momentum, which has been heading down over the past 31 weeks.
- DUK's current lowest rank is in the Momentum metric (where it is better than 13.94% of US stocks).
DUK Stock Summary
- Duke Energy CORP's market capitalization of $81,267,982,701 is ahead of 96.96% of US-listed equities.
- Of note is the ratio of Duke Energy CORP's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; only 0.49% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- In terms of volatility of its share price, DUK is more volatile than merely 4.15% of stocks we're observing.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to Duke Energy CORP are SO, GM, ENB, PBR, and D.
- Visit DUK's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.duke-energy.com.
DUK Valuation Summary
- DUK's EV/EBIT ratio is 44; this is 100% higher than that of the median Utilities stock.
- DUK's price/sales ratio has moved up 2.8 over the prior 243 months.
- Over the past 243 months, DUK's price/earnings ratio has gone up 43.7.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for DUK.
DUK Growth Metrics
- The year over year net income to common stockholders growth rate now stands at -64.27%.
- Its 4 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 40.06%.
- Its year over year price growth rate is now at 23.18%.
The table below shows DUK's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
DUK Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
DUK Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$106.73||52-week high||$108.00|
|Prev. close||$106.61||52-week low||$78.95|
|Day high||$107.00||Avg. volume||3,182,292|
|50-day MA||$102.00||Dividend yield||3.67%|
|200-day MA||$95.96||Market Cap||82.10B|
Duke Energy Corporation (Holding Company) (DUK) Company Bio
Duke Energy Corporation operates as an energy company in the United States and Latin America. The Company's Regulated Utilities segment conducts operations primarily through Duke Energy Carolinas, Duke Energy Progress, Duke Energy Florida, Duke Energy Indiana and Duke Energy Ohio. The Company's International Energy segment principally operates and manages power generation facilities and engages in sales and marketing of electric power, natural gas, and natural gas liquids outside the United States. The Company's Commercial Power builds, develops and operates wind and solar renewable generation and energy transmission projects throughout the continental United States. Duke Energy was established in 2012 and is based in Charlotte, North Carolina.
DUK Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
We started the process of determining a valid price forecast for Duke Energy CORP with a discounted cash flow analysis -- the results of which can be found in the table below. To summarize, we found that Duke Energy CORP ranked in the 0th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. We should note, though, that the most conservative analysis suggests this stock will yield negative results -- and thus may be a potential short opportunity. The most interesting components of our discounted cash flow analysis for Duke Energy CORP ended up being:
- The company's compound free cash flow growth rate over the past 5.76 years comes in at -0.3%; that's greater than just 4.58% of US stocks we're applying DCF forecasting to.
- Duke Energy CORP's effective tax rate, as measured by taxes paid relative to net income, is at 0 -- greater than only 0% of US stocks with positive free cash flow.
- Relative to other stocks in its sector (Utilities), Duke Energy CORP has a reliance on debt greater than 58.38% of them.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
DUK Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
DUK Latest Social Stream
View Full DUK Social Stream
Latest DUK News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Duke Energy CORP that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate DUK as an investment opportunity.
With the 144-megawatt (MW) Pflugerville Solar facility coming online today, Duke Energy (NYSE: DUK) reached a significant milestone – it now owns, operates, or purchases more than 10,000 MW of sola...
In this article, we discuss the 15 best utility stocks to buy now. If you want to skip our detailed analysis of these stocks, go directly to 5 Best Utility Stocks to Invest In. The utility sector is among the many industries that endured the financial distress caused by the COVID-19 virus. According to Deloitte data, […]
We don't know when the next downturn is coming. But we believe these three electric vehicle companies won't miss a beat.
Low-cost index funds make it easy to achieve average market returns. But across the board there are plenty of stocks...
In this article, we discuss the 10 best electric utility stocks to buy now. If you want to skip our detailed analysis of these stocks, go directly to the 5 Best Electric Utility Stocks to Buy Now. The economic fallout from the Covid-19 pandemic created problems for many industries from the sharp decline in demand […]
DUK Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|