Duke Energy Corporation (Holding Company) (DUK): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
DUK POWR Grades
- DUK scores best on the Stability dimension, with a Stability rank ahead of 77.61% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for DUK is in Momentum, which has been heading down over the past 47 weeks.
- DUK's current lowest rank is in the Momentum metric (where it is better than 18.55% of US stocks).
DUK Stock Summary
- DUK has a market capitalization of $78,018,525,813 -- more than approximately 96.61% of US stocks.
- Of note is the ratio of Duke Energy CORP's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; only 0.43% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- For DUK, its debt to operating expenses ratio is greater than that reported by 93.85% of US equities we're observing.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to DUK, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are SO, D, TRP, VALE, and AEP.
- DUK's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Duke Energy CORP's official web site, go to www.duke-energy.com.
DUK Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Utilities stock, DUK's price/sales ratio is 57.14% higher, now standing at 3.3.
- Over the past 243 months, DUK's price/sales ratio has gone up 2.8.
- DUK's price/earnings ratio has moved up 11.9 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for DUK.
DUK Growth Metrics
- Its 5 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 5.84%.
- Its year over year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at -73.86%.
- The 3 year net income to common stockholders growth rate now stands at 11.34%.
The table below shows DUK's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
DUK's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- DUK has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 41.38% of graded US stocks.
- DUK's asset turnover comes in at 0.15 -- ranking 84th of 105 Utilities stocks.
- CNP, CMS, and ETR are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with DUK.
The table below shows DUK's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
DUK Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
DUK Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$99.67||52-week high||$108.38|
|Prev. close||$101.41||52-week low||$80.41|
|Day high||$101.58||Avg. volume||3,123,256|
|50-day MA||$104.82||Dividend yield||3.89%|
|200-day MA||$97.74||Market Cap||76.68B|
Duke Energy Corporation (Holding Company) (DUK) Company Bio
Duke Energy Corporation operates as an energy company in the United States and Latin America. The Company's Regulated Utilities segment conducts operations primarily through Duke Energy Carolinas, Duke Energy Progress, Duke Energy Florida, Duke Energy Indiana and Duke Energy Ohio. The Company's International Energy segment principally operates and manages power generation facilities and engages in sales and marketing of electric power, natural gas, and natural gas liquids outside the United States. The Company's Commercial Power builds, develops and operates wind and solar renewable generation and energy transmission projects throughout the continental United States. Duke Energy was established in 2012 and is based in Charlotte, North Carolina.
Most Popular Stories View All
DUK Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
DUK Latest Social Stream
View Full DUK Social Stream
Latest DUK News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Duke Energy CORP that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate DUK as an investment opportunity.
Learn how this zero-carbon energy source works, its history and future while Duke Energy builds more renewables
Duke Energy (DUK) completes its pre-announced first phase 11.05% interest sale of its subsidiary Duke Energy Indiana to GIC for $1.025 billion.
Utility stocks have been lagging behind the broader market, but their healthy dividend yields have helped bridge the gap by bolstering otherwise solid performance.
In this article, we discuss the 10 energy stocks climate activist hedge fund Engine No. 1 is buying. If you want to skip our detailed analysis of these stocks, go directly to Climate Activist Hedge Fund Engine No. 1 Is Buying These 5 Energy Stocks. Climate activism and responsible environmental business practices are now heading […]
With rising summer temperatures threatening to cause even more financial hardship for people struggling to pay their energy bills, Duke Energy is continuing to support customers by connecting them with available assistance and offering programs and tools to help manage electric bills, including flexible payment plans.
DUK Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|