Duke Energy Corp. (DUK): Price and Financial Metrics
DUK Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$94.58||52-week high||$106.43|
|Prev. close||$93.94||52-week low||$83.06|
|Day high||$94.89||Avg. volume||3,064,610|
|50-day MA||$89.18||Dividend yield||4.42%|
|200-day MA||$92.37||Market Cap||72.89B|
DUK Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
DUK POWR Grades
- DUK scores best on the Sentiment dimension, with a Sentiment rank ahead of 80.93% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for DUK is in Stability, which has been heading down over the past 177 days.
- DUK ranks lowest in Value; there it ranks in the 14th percentile.
DUK Stock Summary
- DUK has a higher market value than 96.61% of US stocks; more precisely, its current market capitalization is $71,398,734,482.
- Of note is the ratio of DUKE ENERGY CORP's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; only 0.17% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- The volatility of DUKE ENERGY CORP's share price is greater than that of only 2.03% US stocks with at least 200 days of trading history.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to DUKE ENERGY CORP are CSX, SO, PCG, SRE, and AEP.
- Visit DUK's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.duke-energy.com.
DUK Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Utilities stock, DUK's price/sales ratio is 14.29% higher, now standing at 2.4.
- Over the past 243 months, DUK's EV/EBIT ratio has gone up 17.7.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for DUK.
DUK Growth Metrics
- The 4 year price growth rate now stands at -0.28%.
- Its year over year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at -14.83%.
- Its 5 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 70.47%.
The table below shows DUK's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
DUK's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- DUK has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 41.69% of graded US stocks.
- DUK's asset turnover comes in at 0.15 -- ranking 84th of 105 Utilities stocks.
- CMS, CNP, and NI are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with DUK.
The table below shows DUK's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
Duke Energy Corp. (DUK) Company Bio
Based in Charlotte, North Carolina, Duke Energy owns 58,200 megawatts of base-load and peak generation in the United States, which it distributes to its 7.2 million customers. The company has approximately 29,000 employees. Duke Energy's service territory covers 104,000 square miles (270,000 km2) with 250,200 miles (402,700 km) of distribution lines. Almost all of Duke Energy's Midwest generation comes from coal, natural gas, or oil, while half of its Carolinas generation comes from its nuclear power plants. During 2006, Duke Energy generated 148,798,332 megawatt-hours of electrical energy. (Source:Wikipedia)
DUK Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
DUK Latest Social Stream
View Full DUK Social Stream
Latest DUK News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about DUKE ENERGY CORP that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate DUK as an investment opportunity.
Black Hills, NextEra Energy, and Duke are all being shunned by investors, but long-term dividend investors should still like them.
For every residential customer who signs up for Duke Energy's Renewable Advantage program, the company will plant a treeCHARLOTTE, NC / ACCESSWIRE / December 1, 2023 / Renewable energy now comes with an added bonus -- helping plant trees to benefit ...
Today's Research Daily features new research reports on 16 major stocks, including Exxon Mobil Corporation (XOM), Oracle Corporation (ORCL) and Cisco Systems, Inc. (CSCO).
In time for the holidays, Duke Energy's Share the Light Fund offers bill assistance to Florida customers facing financial hardships
The Duke Energy Foundation is dedicating an additional $100,000 in financial assistance to Florida customers to help pay their energy bills this holiday season. The funding is made possible through the company's Share the Light Fund®, which helps individuals and families in need.
Duke Energy Offers More Than $425,000 in Energy Bill Assistance To Help Hoosier Families Facing Financial Hardship
Qualifying Duke Energy customers can receive up to a $300 account credit annuallyOver the last year, Duke Energy has supported more than 2,500 Indiana households with more than $300,000 in energy bill assistancePLAINFIELD, IN / ACCESSWIRE / November ...
DUK Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|