Kinder Morgan, Inc. (KMI): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
KMI POWR Grades
- Growth is the dimension where KMI ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 87.24% of US stocks.
- KMI's strongest trending metric is Growth; it's been moving up over the last 31 weeks.
- KMI ranks lowest in Momentum; there it ranks in the 32nd percentile.
KMI Stock Summary
- KMI has a higher market value than 93.46% of US stocks; more precisely, its current market capitalization is $40,276,074,563.
- Of note is the ratio of Kinder Morgan Inc's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; only 6.68% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- For KMI, its debt to operating expenses ratio is greater than that reported by 87.66% of US equities we're observing.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Kinder Morgan Inc, a group of peers worth examining would be TRP, SCCO, EXC, MPC, and ES.
- KMI's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Kinder Morgan Inc's official web site, go to www.kindermorgan.com.
KMI Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Energy stock, KMI's price/earnings ratio is 31.31% higher, now standing at 21.6.
- KMI's price/sales ratio has moved up 0.1 over the prior 127 months.
- Over the past 127 months, KMI's price/earnings ratio has gone up 557.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for KMI.
KMI Growth Metrics
- Its 2 year revenue growth rate is now at -5.93%.
- Its 5 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 101.12%.
- Its 4 year price growth rate is now at -13.3%.
The table below shows KMI's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
KMI Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
KMI Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$17.48||52-week high||$19.29|
|Prev. close||$17.32||52-week low||$11.45|
|Day high||$17.49||Avg. volume||15,773,471|
|50-day MA||$18.22||Dividend yield||6.21%|
|200-day MA||$15.92||Market Cap||39.62B|
Kinder Morgan, Inc. (KMI) Company Bio
Kinder Morgan operates as an energy infrastructure and energy company in North America. The company operates through Natural Gas Pipelines, CO2, Terminals, Products Pipelines, Kinder Morgan Canada, and Other segments. The company was founded in 2011 and is based in Houston, Texas.
KMI Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
The table below illustrates the output of a discounted cash flow forecast using a variety of scenarios for Kinder Morgan Inc. To summarize, we found that Kinder Morgan Inc ranked in the 80th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. More precisely, our analysis suggests the stock is undervalued by approximately 305% on a DCF basis. As for the metrics that stood out in our discounted cash flow analysis of Kinder Morgan Inc, consider:
- 56% of the company's capital comes from equity, which is greater than just 19.75% of stocks in our cash flow based forecasting set.
- Kinder Morgan Inc's weighted average cost of capital (WACC) is 8%; for context, that number is higher than only 4.82% of tickers in our DCF set.
- The company's cost of debt, derived from its interest coverage, tax rate, and market capitalization, is greater than only 18.3% of stocks in its sector (Energy).
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
KMI Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
KMI Latest Social Stream
View Full KMI Social Stream
Latest KMI News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Kinder Morgan Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate KMI as an investment opportunity.
Energy stocks have a spotty dividend track record because of the sector's volatility. Three of the safest energy dividends are Crestwood Equity Partners (NYSE: CEQP), Enterprise Products Partners (NYSE: EPD), and Kinder Morgan (NYSE: KMI).
Kinder Morgan (NYSE: KMI), America's largest energy transportation and storage company, continues to generate gobs of cash and distribute the majority of it to shareholders in the form of dividends. The economic recovery is increasing demand and prices for oil and natural gas, benefiting Kinder Morgan and its customers. Here's a breakdown of why Kinder Morgan is my top high-yield dividend stock to buy now.
(Bloomberg) -- Reno, Nevada, is facing a two-pronged energy-supply problem during a national glut: a scarcity of pipeline space and a trucker shortage as crews combating West Coast wildfires command more fuel.The airport serving the casino city of more than 200,000 and nearby Lake Tahoe resorts has asked for help in securing jet fuel. It sits at the eastern terminus of Kinder Morgan’s Northern California pipeline system, making it the last stop for gasoline, diesel and aviation fuel churned out
Kinder Morgan's (NYSE: KMI) dividend raise, solid 2021 first-half performance, and excellent full-year guidance are all signs its business is performing well. At the same time, the company has done an excellent job paying down debt and improving the quality of its balance sheet. Lower debt means less interest and leverage, making Kinder Morgan a healthier company than in years past.
Whether you're a value, growth, or momentum investor, finding strong stocks becomes easier with the Zacks Style Scores, a top feature of the Zacks Premium research service.
KMI Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|