Kinder Morgan, Inc. (KMI): Price and Financial Metrics
KMI Stock Summary
- KMI has a higher market value than 93.16% of US stocks; more precisely, its current market capitalization is $37,635,162,656.
- With a price/earnings ratio of 316.26, Kinder Morgan Inc P/E ratio is greater than that of about 97.1% of stocks in our set with positive earnings.
- Of note is the ratio of Kinder Morgan Inc's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; merely 6.49% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to Kinder Morgan Inc are WMB, EXC, BCE, WELL, and MPLX.
- Visit KMI's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.kindermorgan.com.
KMI Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
KMI Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$16.54||52-week high||$17.97|
|Prev. close||$16.62||52-week low||$11.45|
|Day high||$16.65||Avg. volume||16,617,846|
|50-day MA||$15.90||Dividend yield||6.32%|
|200-day MA||$14.33||Market Cap||37.46B|
Kinder Morgan, Inc. (KMI) Company Bio
Kinder Morgan operates as an energy infrastructure and energy company in North America. The company operates through Natural Gas Pipelines, CO2, Terminals, Products Pipelines, Kinder Morgan Canada, and Other segments. The company was founded in 2011 and is based in Houston, Texas.
KMI Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
We started the process of determining a valid price forecast for Kinder Morgan Inc with a discounted cash flow analysis -- the results of which can be found in the table below. To summarize, we found that Kinder Morgan Inc ranked in the 73th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. Moreover, under all the scenarios we modelled, the output consistently forecasted positive returns. In terms of the factors that were most noteworthy in this DCF analysis for KMI, they are:
- 52% of the company's capital comes from equity, which is greater than only 18.66% of stocks in our cash flow based forecasting set.
- The weighted average cost of capital for the company is 10. This value is greater than only 23.72% stocks in the Energy sector that generate free cash flow.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
KMI Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
KMI Latest Social Stream
View Full KMI Social Stream
Latest KMI News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Kinder Morgan Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate KMI as an investment opportunity.
Kinder Morgan's (KMI) first-quarter profits are likely to have been affected by lower transportation volumes.
If you're just getting started investing in stocks, it may seem intimidating. An important part of getting past that concern is to recognize what a share of stock really is: It's a small ownership stake in a company. As a shareholder, over long periods of time, your returns should depend on how well the company performs, as long as you're able to buy your shares at a reasonable value.
Photo by PM Images/DigitalVision via Getty Images It’s been 6 weeks since I started this portfolio and created the Dividend Harvesting article series. Since its inception I have allocated $600 in capital to fund this project. In its entirety the portfolio has grown to $617.09 (+2.85%) without receiving a single...
Royal Dutch Shell (RDS.A), Chevron (CVX), Cheniere Energy (LNG), Kinder Morgan (KMI) and Energy Transfer (ET) are going to benefit from the increasing global demand of liquefied natural gas.
Photo by kodda/iStock via Getty ImagesSince my last article on Kinder Morgan (KMI) from 1/26/21, shares have increased by 9.82% compared to the S&P 500 appreciating by 5.99%. I have been bullish on several energy infrastructure companies for some time and KMI has been one of my favorites. KMI is...
KMI Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching KMIWant to do more research on Kinder Morgan Inc's stock and its price? Try the links below:
Get Free Updates
Join thousands of investors who get the latest news, insights and top rated picks from StockNews.com!