Kinder Morgan, Inc. (KMI): Price and Financial Metrics
KMI Stock Summary
- Kinder Morgan Inc's market capitalization of $34,623,443,864 is ahead of 93.01% of US-listed equities.
- With a price/earnings ratio of 290.95, Kinder Morgan Inc P/E ratio is greater than that of about 96.95% of stocks in our set with positive earnings.
- Of note is the ratio of Kinder Morgan Inc's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; just 6.76% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to KMI, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are E, WMB, EXC, EQR, and BCE.
- KMI's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Kinder Morgan Inc's official web site, go to www.kindermorgan.com.
KMI Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
KMI Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$15.29||52-week high||$21.04|
|Prev. close||$15.72||52-week low||$9.42|
|Day high||$15.86||Avg. volume||17,992,941|
|50-day MA||$14.61||Dividend yield||6.87%|
|200-day MA||$14.22||Market Cap||34.62B|
Kinder Morgan, Inc. (KMI) Company Bio
Kinder Morgan operates as an energy infrastructure and energy company in North America. The company operates through Natural Gas Pipelines, CO2, Terminals, Products Pipelines, Kinder Morgan Canada, and Other segments. The company was founded in 2011 and is based in Houston, Texas.
KMI Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
We started the process of determining a valid price forecast for Kinder Morgan Inc with a discounted cash flow analysis -- the results of which can be found in the table below. To summarize, we found that Kinder Morgan Inc ranked in the 73th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. Moreover, under all the scenarios we modelled, the output consistently forecasted positive returns. In terms of the factors that were most noteworthy in this DCF analysis for KMI, they are:
- 50% of the company's capital comes from equity, which is greater than only 18.63% of stocks in our cash flow based forecasting set.
- As a business, Kinder Morgan Inc experienced a tax rate of about 18% over the past twelve months; relative to its sector (Energy), this tax rate is higher than 77.13% of stocks generating free cash flow.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
KMI Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
KMI Latest Social Stream
View Full KMI Social Stream
Latest KMI News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Kinder Morgan Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate KMI as an investment opportunity.
Brookfield Infrastructure (NYSE: BIP)(NYSE: BIPC) and Kinder Morgan (NYSE: KMI) have agreed to sell a 25% interest in Natural Gas Pipeline Company of America (NGPL) to funds controlled by ArcLight Capital Partners. NGPL is one of the largest interstate pipeline systems in the U.S. The 9,100-mile pipeline transports gas to the Chicago area and to large liquefied natural gas (LNG) facilities along the U.S. Gulf Coast.
Kinder Morgan and Brookfield Infrastructure Announce Minority Interest Sale in Natural Gas Pipeline Company of America LLC
Kinder Morgan, Inc. (NYSE: KMI) and Brookfield Infrastructure Partners L.P. (NYSE: BIP; TSX: BIP.UN) (Brookfield Infrastructure) today jointly announced that they have agreed to sell a 25% minority interest in Natural Gas Pipeline Company of America LLC (NGPL) to a fund controlled by ArcLight Capital Partners, LLC (ArcLight) for $830 million. The proceeds will be shared equally between KMI and Brookfield Infrastructure. The value of the minority interest implies an enterprise value of approximately $5.2 billion for NGPL, which is approximately 11.2 times 2020 EBITDA. Upon closing, KMI and Brookfield Infrastructure will each hold a 37.5% interest in NGPL, and KMI will continue to operate the pipeline.
Which of these two industry giants is better for your portfolio? It's not an easy question to answer. Here are some things to consider.
Kinder Morgan (KMI) is well positioned for the continuing increase in natural gas usage. The recent low price of natural gas (and associated products) has opened up a lot of uses at the expense of more costly and sometimes higher polluting competitors. There will always be a trend towards less...
Energy Transfer (NYSE: ET) currently owns one of the largest energy infrastructure businesses in North America. It transports more than 25% of all the natural gas and natural gas liquids produced in the U.S. and 35% of its oil. While this infrastructure is vital to meeting the economy's current energy needs, it's starting to transition from fossil fuels to alternative sources like renewable energy.
KMI Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching KMIWant to do more research on Kinder Morgan Inc's stock and its price? Try the links below:
Get Free Updates
Join thousands of investors who get the latest news, insights and top rated picks from StockNews.com!