Leggett & Platt, Incorporated (LEG): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
LEG POWR Grades
- Stability is the dimension where LEG ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 66.96% of US stocks.
- LEG's strongest trending metric is Quality; it's been moving down over the last 48 weeks.
- LEG's current lowest rank is in the Momentum metric (where it is better than 24.77% of US stocks).
LEG Stock Summary
- The capital turnover (annual revenue relative to shareholder's equity) for LEG is 3.14 -- better than 85.1% of US stocks.
- Leggett & Platt Inc's stock had its IPO on November 5, 1987, making it an older stock than 90.45% of US equities in our set.
- The ratio of debt to operating expenses for Leggett & Platt Inc is higher than it is for about 79.59% of US stocks.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Leggett & Platt Inc, a group of peers worth examining would be PLOW, LGF.B, FLEX, STLD, and IDCC.
- LEG's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Leggett & Platt Inc's official web site, go to www.leggett.com.
LEG Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Consumer Cyclical stock, LEG's EV/EBIT ratio is 14.37% lower, now standing at 14.3.
- Over the past 243 months, LEG's price/sales ratio has gone up 0.3.
- LEG's EV/EBIT ratio has moved up 0.2 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for LEG.
LEG Growth Metrics
- Its 3 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 5.24%.
- Its 5 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 52.96%.
- The 4 year price growth rate now stands at -39.47%.
The table below shows LEG's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
LEG's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- LEG has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 44.93% of graded US stocks.
- LEG's asset turnover comes in at 0.988 -- ranking 25th of 50 Consumer Goods stocks.
- SCL, APOG, and LZB are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with LEG.
The table below shows LEG's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
LEG Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
LEG Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$46.59||52-week high||$59.16|
|Prev. close||$46.20||52-week low||$39.25|
|Day high||$46.96||Avg. volume||832,570|
|50-day MA||$47.86||Dividend yield||3.61%|
|200-day MA||$47.82||Market Cap||6.21B|
Leggett & Platt, Incorporated (LEG) Company Bio
Leggett & Platt, Incorporated designs and produces various engineered components and products worldwide. The company operates through four segments: Residential Furnishings, Commercial Products, Industrial Materials, and Specialized Products. The company was founded in 1883 and is based in Carthage, Missouri. The company was founded in 1980 and is based in Los Angeles, California.
Most Popular Stories View All
LEG Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
LEG Latest Social Stream
View Full LEG Social Stream
Latest LEG News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Leggett & Platt Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate LEG as an investment opportunity.
In this article, we will take a look at the 10 best stocks for dividends. You can skip our detailed analysis of these dividend stocks’ outlook for 2021 and the merits of dividend investing and go directly to the 5 Best Stocks for Dividends. With the spread of the Delta variant exacerbating the pandemic-driven recession, […]
Leggett & Platt, Incorporated ( NYSE:LEG ) shareholders might be concerned after seeing the share price drop 10% in the...
Zacks Industry Outlook Highlights: La-Z-Boy, Leggett & Platt, Sleep Number and WillScot Mobile Mini
Virco's (VIRC) Q2 results reflect robust backlog level and increased spending on furniture and equipment. However, the company witnessed labor and material shortages in the quarter.
Leggett & Platt, Incorporated with ticker code (LEG) now have 4 analysts covering the stock with the consensus suggesting a rating of ''Buy''. The target price ranges between 65 and 51 calculating the average target price we see 57.5. With the stocks previous close at 47.07 this would indicate that there is a potential upside of 22.2%. There is a 50 day moving average of 48.38 while the 200 day moving average is 49.73. The company has a market cap of $6,274m. Company Website: /> [stock_market_widget type="chart" symbol="LEG" chart="bar" range="6mo" interval="1d" line-color="rgb(49, 125, 189)"] Leggett & Platt, Incorporated designs, manufactures, and markets engineered components and products worldwide. It operates through three segments: Bedding Products; Specialized Products; and Furni...
LEG Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|