Main Street Capital Corporation (MAIN): Price and Financial Metrics
MAIN Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$40.63||52-week high||$43.15|
|Prev. close||$40.72||52-week low||$31.66|
|Day high||$41.03||Avg. volume||354,534|
|50-day MA||$40.87||Dividend yield||6.86%|
|200-day MA||$39.76||Market Cap||3.35B|
MAIN Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
MAIN POWR Grades
- MAIN scores best on the Momentum dimension, with a Momentum rank ahead of 85.32% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for MAIN is in Value, which has been heading up over the past 177 days.
- MAIN ranks lowest in Value; there it ranks in the 24th percentile.
MAIN Stock Summary
- Of note is the ratio of MAIN STREET CAPITAL CORP's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; 98.37% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- For MAIN, its debt to operating expenses ratio is greater than that reported by 97.8% of US equities we're observing.
- In terms of volatility of its share price, MAIN is more volatile than merely 0.53% of stocks we're observing.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to MAIN STREET CAPITAL CORP are HASI, LXU, BNL, TDG, and TRN.
- Visit MAIN's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.mainstcapital.com.
MAIN Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Financial Services stock, MAIN's price/sales ratio is 630% higher, now standing at 7.3.
- MAIN's price/earnings ratio has moved down 5.3 over the prior 193 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for MAIN.
MAIN Growth Metrics
- The 2 year net cashflow from operations growth rate now stands at -1136.84%.
- Its 2 year price growth rate is now at 50.65%.
- The 5 year revenue growth rate now stands at 29.28%.
The table below shows MAIN's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
MAIN's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- MAIN has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 76.58% of graded US stocks.
- MAIN's asset turnover comes in at 0.086 -- ranking 246th of 444 Trading stocks.
- SVC, GBCS, and OUT are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with MAIN.
The table below shows MAIN's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
Main Street Capital Corporation (MAIN) Company Bio
Main Street Capital is a principal investment firm that provides long-term debt and equity capital to lower middle market companies and debt capital to middle market companies. Main Street's portfolio investments are typically made to support management buyouts, recapitalizations, growth financings, refinancings and acquisitions of companies that operate in diverse industry sectors. The company was founded in 1997 and is based at Houston, Texas.
MAIN Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
MAIN Latest Social Stream
View Full MAIN Social Stream
Latest MAIN News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about MAIN STREET CAPITAL CORP that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate MAIN as an investment opportunity.
Each of these seven dividend stocks to buy has a high (5% or more), sustainable yield, and trades at a favorable price
Main Street Capital Corporation ( NYSE:MAIN ) has announced that it will be increasing its dividend from last year's...
Main Street Capital (MAIN) closed the most recent trading day at $40.63, moving -0.34% from the previous trading session.
Main Street Capital Corp(NYSE:MAIN) recently announced a dividend of $0.24 per share, payable on 2023-10-13, with the ex-dividend date set for 2023-10-05. As investors look forward to this upcoming payment, the spotlight also shines on the company's dividend history, yield, and growth rates. Using the data from GuruFocus, let's deep dive into Main Street Capital Corps dividend performance and assess its sustainability.
Main Street Capital (MAIN) closed at $40.89 in the latest trading session, marking a +0.66% move from the prior day.
MAIN Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching MAINWant to see what other sources are saying about Main Street Capital CORP's financials and stock price? Try the links below:
Main Street Capital CORP (MAIN) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Main Street Capital CORP (MAIN) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Main Street Capital CORP (MAIN) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch