Main Street Capital Corporation (MAIN): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
MAIN POWR Grades
- Momentum is the dimension where MAIN ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 81.93% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for MAIN is in Growth, which has been heading down over the past 47 weeks.
- MAIN ranks lowest in Growth; there it ranks in the 19th percentile.
MAIN Stock Summary
- The capital turnover (annual revenue relative to shareholder's equity) for MAIN is 0.15 -- better than just 13.63% of US stocks.
- For MAIN, its debt to operating expenses ratio is greater than that reported by 97.88% of US equities we're observing.
- In terms of twelve month growth in earnings before interest and taxes, Main Street Capital CORP is reporting a growth rate of -870.14%; that's higher than merely 2.28% of US stocks.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Main Street Capital CORP, a group of peers worth examining would be HASI, EXP, CVI, TDG, and GDS.
- Visit MAIN's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.mainstcapital.com.
MAIN Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Financial Services stock, MAIN's price/sales ratio is 268.75% higher, now standing at 11.8.
- MAIN's price/earnings ratio has moved down 5.7 over the prior 168 months.
- Over the past 168 months, MAIN's price/earnings ratio has gone down 5.7.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for MAIN.
MAIN Growth Metrics
- The 2 year net cashflow from operations growth rate now stands at 141.34%.
- Its 3 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 122.39%.
- Its year over year revenue growth rate is now at -3.73%.
The table below shows MAIN's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
MAIN's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- MAIN has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 75.86% of graded US stocks.
- MAIN's asset turnover comes in at 0.086 -- ranking 245th of 458 Trading stocks.
- SLRC, WPG, and RPT are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with MAIN.
The table below shows MAIN's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
MAIN Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
MAIN Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$41.33||52-week high||$43.56|
|Prev. close||$41.37||52-week low||$26.68|
|Day high||$41.49||Avg. volume||325,393|
|50-day MA||$41.66||Dividend yield||5.95%|
|200-day MA||$38.57||Market Cap||2.84B|
Main Street Capital Corporation (MAIN) Company Bio
Main Street Capital is a principal investment firm that provides long-term debt and equity capital to lower middle market companies and debt capital to middle market companies. Main Street's portfolio investments are typically made to support management buyouts, recapitalizations, growth financings, refinancings and acquisitions of companies that operate in diverse industry sectors. The company was founded in 1997 and is based at Houston, Texas.
Most Popular Stories View All
MAIN Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
MAIN Latest Social Stream
View Full MAIN Social Stream
Latest MAIN News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Main Street Capital CORP that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate MAIN as an investment opportunity.
In this article, we will be taking a look at 10 BDC Dividend Stocks for Increased Income. To skip our detailed analysis of dividend investing, you can go directly to see the 5 BDC Dividend Stocks for Increased Income. A Business Development Company, or BDC, is a special kind of investment option, that slightly differs […]
DALLAS, Sept. 08, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Capital Southwest Corporation (Capital Southwest) (Nasdaq: CSWC), an internally managed business development company focused on providing flexible financing solutions to support the acquisition and growth of middle market businesses, announced today that it recently supported Eden Capitals (Eden) acquisition of Wall Street Prep, Inc. (WSP) with a revolving credit facility, first lien term loan, and a minority equity co-investment. Capital Southwest led the financing and will act as the sole administrative agent. Main Street Capital Corporation also participated in the investment.
Main Street Capital Corporation (NYSE: MAIN) ("Main Street") is pleased to announce that it recently invested a total of $26.0 million in first lien, senior secured term debt in two existing portfolio companies.
Main Street Capital Corporation (NYSE: MAIN) ("Main Street") is pleased to announce that it recently invested a cumulative total of $38.5 million across three investments, including two new portfolio investments and one follow-on investment to support the growth of an existing portfolio company.
DALLAS, Aug. 11, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Capital Southwest Corporation (Capital Southwest) (Nasdaq: CSWC), an internally managed business development company focused on providing flexible financing solutions to support the acquisition and growth of middle market businesses, announced today that it backed an Altamont Capital Partners (Altamont) portfolio company, Hybrid Apparel (Hybrid, or the Company) in its acquisition of Air Waves with a split lien term loan. Capital Southwest led the financing and will act as the sole administrative agent on the credit facility. Main Street Capital Corporation is also a lender in the split lien term loan.
MAIN Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching MAINWant to see what other sources are saying about Main Street Capital CORP's financials and stock price? Try the links below:
Main Street Capital CORP (MAIN) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Main Street Capital CORP (MAIN) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Main Street Capital CORP (MAIN) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch