Marathon Petroleum Corporation (MPC): Price and Financial Metrics
MPC Stock Summary
- MPC has a higher market value than 94.23% of US stocks; more precisely, its current market capitalization is $37,745,070,944.
- MPC's price/sales ratio is 0.3; that's higher than the P/S ratio of merely 10.07% of US stocks.
- As for revenue growth, note that MPC's revenue has grown 46.91% over the past 12 months; that beats the revenue growth of 88.74% of US companies in our set.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Marathon Petroleum Corp, a group of peers worth examining would be CP, TRV, DAL, CCL, and CM.
- MPC's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Marathon Petroleum Corp's official web site, go to www.marathonpetroleum.com.
MPC Stock Price Chart More Charts
MPC Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$60.13||52-week high||$69.65|
|Prev. close||$57.69||52-week low||$43.96|
|Day high||$60.35||Avg. volume||6,365,005|
|50-day MA||$57.83||Dividend yield||4.02%|
|200-day MA||$56.17||Market Cap||39.04B|
Marathon Petroleum Corporation (MPC) Company Bio
Marathon Petroleum engages in refining, marketing, retailing, and transporting petroleum products primarily in the United States. It operates through three segments: Refining & Marketing, Speedway, and Pipeline Transportation. The company was founded in 1998 and is based in Findlay, Ohio.
MPC Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
Below please find a table outlining a discounted cash flow forecast for MPC, in which we model out valuation assuming a variety of terminal growth rates. To summarize, we found that Marathon Petroleum Corp ranked in the 85st percentile in terms of potential gain offered. Moreover, under all the scenarios we modelled, the output consistently forecasted positive returns. As for the metrics that stood out in our discounted cash flow analysis of Marathon Petroleum Corp, consider:
- 55% of the company's capital comes from equity, which is greater than just 24.41% of stocks in our cash flow based forecasting set.
- Marathon Petroleum Corp's weighted average cost of capital (WACC) is 7%; for context, that number is higher than only 3.86% of tickers in our DCF set.
- The company's cost of debt, derived from its interest coverage, tax rate, and market capitalization, is greater than merely 23.48% of stocks in its sector (Energy).
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|