Marathon Petroleum Corp. (MPC): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
MPC POWR Grades
- Momentum is the dimension where MPC ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 98.52% of US stocks.
- MPC's strongest trending metric is Stability; it's been moving up over the last 179 days.
- MPC ranks lowest in Sentiment; there it ranks in the 24th percentile.
MPC Stock Summary
- MARATHON PETROLEUM CORP's market capitalization of $60,836,862,732 is ahead of 96.3% of US-listed equities.
- The capital turnover (annual revenue relative to shareholder's equity) for MPC is 6.67 -- better than 94.17% of US stocks.
- MARATHON PETROLEUM CORP's shareholder yield -- a measure of how much capital is returned to stockholders via dividends and buybacks -- is 24.26%, greater than the shareholder yield of 94.1% of stocks in our set.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to MARATHON PETROLEUM CORP, a group of peers worth examining would be WM, TRV, LVS, RSG, and SU.
- Visit MPC's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.marathonpetroleum.com.
MPC Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Energy stock, MPC's EV/EBIT ratio is 54.68% lower, now standing at 4.6.
- MPC's price/sales ratio has moved up 0.1 over the prior 141 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for MPC.
MPC Growth Metrics
- Its 2 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 264.26%.
- Its 2 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 322.96%.
- The year over year net income to common stockholders growth rate now stands at 1397.96%.
The table below shows MPC's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
MPC's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- MPC has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 80.21% of graded US stocks.
- MPC's asset turnover comes in at 1.165 -- ranking 11th of 136 Petroleum and Natural Gas stocks.
- RES, VNOM, and AXAS are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with MPC.
The table below shows MPC's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
MPC Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
MPC Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$135.35||52-week high||$135.42|
|Prev. close||$129.81||52-week low||$70.12|
|Day high||$135.42||Avg. volume||3,457,547|
|50-day MA||$117.92||Dividend yield||2.31%|
|200-day MA||$102.58||Market Cap||63.43B|
Marathon Petroleum Corp. (MPC) Company Bio
In 1887, several small oil companies combined to form The Ohio Oil Company, from which Marathon Petroleum Corp evolved. Marathon is in the oil & gas sector and the company is engaged in refining, marketing, retail, and transportation of petroleum products in the United States. The company operates thirteen oil refineries in twelve states, making it the nation’s largest oil refining system in the United States. Marathon’s refining system has the capacity to process 2.9 million barrels of crude per day. The company also operates the Marathon and Arco retail gas stations, with over 7,100 locations throughout the lower 48 states and Alaska. Michael J. Hennigan serves as President and Chief Executive Officer and the company is headquartered in Finlay, Ohio.
Most Popular Stories View All
MPC Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
MPC Latest Social Stream
View Full MPC Social Stream
Latest MPC News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about MARATHON PETROLEUM CORP that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate MPC as an investment opportunity.
Top-performing energy stocks this month include PDC Energy Inc., Coterra Energy Inc., and Texas Pacific Land Corp., which have risen as much as 101% in the past year amid volatility in global oil markets and the EU's plan to cut off supplies of refined fuel from Russia. Energy stocks as a group, represented by the Energy Select Sector SPDR ETF (XLE), have climbed 45%, while the Russell 1000 Index has fallen by 13% in the past 12 months. PDC Energy Inc.: PDC is an oil, natural gas, natural gas liquids (NGLs), and production company.
As an environmental engineer, Rebecca Ayala is directly aware that the number of women entering her professional field remains statistically low. U.S. Census Bureau data show women represented about 15% of all engineers in 2019.
Marathon Petroleum (MPC) possesses the right combination of the two key ingredients for a likely earnings beat in its upcoming report. Get prepared with the key expectations.
Marathon Petroleum (MPC) closed the most recent trading day at $126.88, moving +0.92% from the previous trading session.
In this article, we discuss 11 most undervalued natural gas stocks to buy according to hedge funds. If you want to see more stocks in this selection, check out 5 Most Undervalued Natural Gas Stocks To Buy According To Hedge Funds. In 2022, the oil and gas industry experienced exceptional financial success, resulting in a […]
MPC Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching MPCWant to see what other sources are saying about Marathon Petroleum Corp's financials and stock price? Try the links below:
Marathon Petroleum Corp (MPC) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Marathon Petroleum Corp (MPC) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Marathon Petroleum Corp (MPC) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch