Marathon Petroleum Corp. (MPC): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
MPC POWR Grades
- MPC scores best on the Momentum dimension, with a Momentum rank ahead of 89.14% of US stocks.
- MPC's strongest trending metric is Quality; it's been moving up over the last 52 weeks.
- MPC's current lowest rank is in the Stability metric (where it is better than 27.36% of US stocks).
MPC Stock Summary
- MPC has a higher market value than 93.54% of US stocks; more precisely, its current market capitalization is $42,651,051,556.
- MPC's current price/earnings ratio is 5.56, which is higher than just 6.67% of US stocks with positive earnings.
- MPC's price/sales ratio is 0.48; that's higher than the P/S ratio of merely 8.94% of US stocks.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to Marathon Petroleum Corp are LVS, BLL, PSX, RSG, and RYAAY.
- Visit MPC's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.marathonpetroleum.com.
MPC Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Energy stock, MPC's price/sales ratio is 73.33% lower, now standing at 0.4.
- MPC's price/earnings ratio has moved down 16.5 over the prior 124 months.
- Over the past 124 months, MPC's price/sales ratio has gone up 0.2.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for MPC.
MPC Growth Metrics
- The 5 year cash and equivalents growth rate now stands at 49.96%.
- Its 3 year price growth rate is now at 37.27%.
- Its 2 year revenue growth rate is now at 54.28%.
The table below shows MPC's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
MPC's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- MPC has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 78.9% of graded US stocks.
- MPC's asset turnover comes in at 1.01 -- ranking 13th of 137 Petroleum and Natural Gas stocks.
- RES, REPX, and NEX are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with MPC.
The table below shows MPC's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
MPC Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
MPC Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$67.21||52-week high||$67.92|
|Prev. close||$66.83||52-week low||$26.77|
|Day high||$67.35||Avg. volume||6,316,749|
|50-day MA||$60.46||Dividend yield||3.47%|
|200-day MA||$56.41||Market Cap||42.89B|
Marathon Petroleum Corp. (MPC) Company Bio
In 1887, several small oil companies combined to form The Ohio Oil Company, from which Marathon Petroleum Corp evolved. Marathon is in the oil & gas sector and the company is engaged in refining, marketing, retail, and transportation of petroleum products in the United States. The company operates thirteen oil refineries in twelve states, making it the nation’s largest oil refining system in the United States. Marathon’s refining system has the capacity to process 2.9 million barrels of crude per day. The company also operates the Marathon and Arco retail gas stations, with over 7,100 locations throughout the lower 48 states and Alaska. Michael J. Hennigan serves as President and Chief Executive Officer and the company is headquartered in Finlay, Ohio.
Most Popular Stories View All
MPC Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
MPC Latest Social Stream
View Full MPC Social Stream
Latest MPC News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Marathon Petroleum Corp that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate MPC as an investment opportunity.
California's Contra Costa County said on Friday that oil refiners Marathon Petroleum and Phillips 66 may need to reduce capacity of proposed renewable plants by about 50% and 20% respectively to mitigate environmental impact. The two petroleum refiners are planning to convert oil refineries in the San Francisco-area county to produce transportation fuel from feedstocks such as soybean oil and animal fats that produce less greenhouse gas emissions.
Marathon Petroleum (NYSE:MPC) delivers shareholders stellar 128% return over 1 year, surging 3.8% in the last week alone
When you buy shares in a company, there is always a risk that the price drops to zero. But if you pick the right...
Finding stocks expected to beat quarterly earnings estimates becomes an easier task with our Zacks Earnings ESP.
The leak was reported at Marathon Petroleum''s Galveston Bay Refinery in Texas City.
(Bloomberg) -- Marathon Petroleum Corp.’s huge oil refinery on the Texas Gulf Coast continues to try to contain a crude leak more than 24 hours after crude began gushing from a storage tank on site, a regulatory filing from the company showed.Most Read from BloombergHow Singapore's $50 Billion Financial District Will Change After Covid-19Before Interstates, America Got Around on InterurbansLeft-Wing Rage Threatens a Wall Street Haven in Latin AmericaAmazon Delivery Partners Rage Against the Mach
MPC Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching MPCWant to see what other sources are saying about Marathon Petroleum Corp's financials and stock price? Try the links below:
Marathon Petroleum Corp (MPC) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Marathon Petroleum Corp (MPC) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Marathon Petroleum Corp (MPC) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch