Marathon Petroleum Corp. (MPC): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
MPC POWR Grades
- Growth is the dimension where MPC ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 97.85% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for MPC is in Quality, which has been heading up over the past 179 days.
- MPC's current lowest rank is in the Stability metric (where it is better than 27.05% of US stocks).
MPC Stock Summary
- MPC has a higher market value than 95.95% of US stocks; more precisely, its current market capitalization is $49,528,327,383.
- MARATHON PETROLEUM CORP's capital turnover -- a measure of revenue relative to shareholder's equity -- is better than 93.44% of US listed stocks.
- MARATHON PETROLEUM CORP's shareholder yield -- a measure of how much capital is returned to stockholders via dividends and buybacks -- is 25.91%, greater than the shareholder yield of 92.78% of stocks in our set.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to MPC, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are PSX, RSG, TRV, WCN, and LVS.
- MPC's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit MARATHON PETROLEUM CORP's official web site, go to www.marathonpetroleum.com.
MPC Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Energy stock, MPC's price/sales ratio is 81.25% lower, now standing at 0.3.
- Over the past 137 months, MPC's price/earnings ratio has gone down 15.2.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for MPC.
MPC Growth Metrics
- The 5 year net cashflow from operations growth rate now stands at 76.87%.
- The year over year net cashflow from operations growth rate now stands at 76.3%.
- Its 2 year price growth rate is now at 201.01%.
The table below shows MPC's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
MPC's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- MPC has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 80.21% of graded US stocks.
- MPC's asset turnover comes in at 1.165 -- ranking 11th of 136 Petroleum and Natural Gas stocks.
- RES, VNOM, and AXAS are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with MPC.
The table below shows MPC's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
MPC Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
MPC Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$107.58||52-week high||$114.35|
|Prev. close||$107.72||52-week low||$59.55|
|Day high||$108.54||Avg. volume||6,194,356|
|50-day MA||$97.46||Dividend yield||2.16%|
|200-day MA||$86.95||Market Cap||53.64B|
Marathon Petroleum Corp. (MPC) Company Bio
In 1887, several small oil companies combined to form The Ohio Oil Company, from which Marathon Petroleum Corp evolved. Marathon is in the oil & gas sector and the company is engaged in refining, marketing, retail, and transportation of petroleum products in the United States. The company operates thirteen oil refineries in twelve states, making it the nation’s largest oil refining system in the United States. Marathon’s refining system has the capacity to process 2.9 million barrels of crude per day. The company also operates the Marathon and Arco retail gas stations, with over 7,100 locations throughout the lower 48 states and Alaska. Michael J. Hennigan serves as President and Chief Executive Officer and the company is headquartered in Finlay, Ohio.
Most Popular Stories View All
MPC Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
MPC Latest Social Stream
View Full MPC Social Stream
Latest MPC News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about MARATHON PETROLEUM CORP that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate MPC as an investment opportunity.
JBL, KLBAY and MPC made it to the Zacks Rank #1 (Strong Buy) growth stocks list on October 3, 2022.
Occidental Petroleum, Marathon Petroleum and Hess are included in this Analyst Blog.
Here at Zacks, our focus is on the proven Zacks Rank system, which emphasizes earnings estimates and estimate revisions to find great stocks. Nevertheless, we are always paying attention to the latest value, growth, and momentum trends to underscore strong picks.
Marathon Petroleum (MPC) could be a great choice for investors looking to buy stocks that have gained strong momentum recently but are still trading at reasonable prices. It is one of the several stocks that made it through our 'Fast-Paced Momentum at a Bargain' screen.
Energy companies like Occidental Petroleum (OXY), Marathon Petroleum (MPC) and Hess Corporation (HESS) have seen solid gains in 2022.
MPC Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching MPCWant to see what other sources are saying about Marathon Petroleum Corp's financials and stock price? Try the links below:
Marathon Petroleum Corp (MPC) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Marathon Petroleum Corp (MPC) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Marathon Petroleum Corp (MPC) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch