Marathon Petroleum Corp. (MPC): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
MPC POWR Grades
- Growth is the dimension where MPC ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 89.57% of US stocks.
- MPC's strongest trending metric is Momentum; it's been moving up over the last 31 weeks.
- MPC ranks lowest in Stability; there it ranks in the 32nd percentile.
MPC Stock Summary
- Marathon Petroleum Corp's market capitalization of $36,078,480,668 is ahead of 92.58% of US-listed equities.
- MPC's price/sales ratio is 0.49; that's higher than the P/S ratio of only 9.02% of US stocks.
- Revenue growth over the past 12 months for Marathon Petroleum Corp comes in at -38.63%, a number that bests merely 9.74% of the US stocks we're tracking.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Marathon Petroleum Corp, a group of peers worth examining would be LYB, KMI, ES, LVS, and ET.
- MPC's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Marathon Petroleum Corp's official web site, go to www.marathonpetroleum.com.
MPC Valuation Summary
- MPC's price/sales ratio is 0.5; this is 66.67% lower than that of the median Energy stock.
- Over the past 123 months, MPC's price/sales ratio has gone up 0.3.
- MPC's price/sales ratio has moved up 0.3 over the prior 123 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for MPC.
MPC Growth Metrics
- Its 3 year price growth rate is now at 37.27%.
- Its 4 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at -435.88%.
- Its 5 year revenue growth rate is now at 52.4%.
The table below shows MPC's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
MPC Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
MPC Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$54.38||52-week high||$64.84|
|Prev. close||$55.94||52-week low||$26.56|
|Day high||$55.92||Avg. volume||6,459,604|
|50-day MA||$59.03||Dividend yield||4.2%|
|200-day MA||$50.27||Market Cap||35.49B|
Marathon Petroleum Corp. (MPC) Company Bio
In 1887, several small oil companies combined to form The Ohio Oil Company, from which Marathon Petroleum Corp evolved. Marathon is in the oil & gas sector and the company is engaged in refining, marketing, retail, and transportation of petroleum products in the United States. The company operates thirteen oil refineries in twelve states, making it the nation’s largest oil refining system in the United States. Marathon’s refining system has the capacity to process 2.9 million barrels of crude per day. The company also operates the Marathon and Arco retail gas stations, with over 7,100 locations throughout the lower 48 states and Alaska. Michael J. Hennigan serves as President and Chief Executive Officer and the company is headquartered in Finlay, Ohio.
MPC Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
Below please find a table outlining a discounted cash flow forecast for MPC, in which we model out valuation assuming a variety of terminal growth rates. To summarize, we found that Marathon Petroleum Corp ranked in the 18th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. We should note, though, that all scenearios modelled for this stock suggest it is overvalued. As for the metrics that stood out in our discounted cash flow analysis of Marathon Petroleum Corp, consider:
- The company has produced more trailing twelve month cash flow than 90.09% of its sector Energy.
- Marathon Petroleum Corp's effective tax rate, as measured by taxes paid relative to net income, is at 0 -- greater than only 0% of US stocks with positive free cash flow.
- Marathon Petroleum Corp's interest coverage rate -- a measure of gross earnings relative to interest payments -- comes in at 0.23. This coverage rate is greater than that of only 24.35% of stocks we're observing for the purpose of forecasting via discounted cash flows.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
MPC Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
MPC Latest Social Stream
View Full MPC Social Stream
Latest MPC News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Marathon Petroleum Corp that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate MPC as an investment opportunity.
Marathon Petroleum Corporation's ( NYSE:MPC ) investors are due to receive a payment of US$0.58 per share on 10th of...
Marathon Petroleum's (MPC) midstream unit is likely to have benefited from stable, fee-based revenues, contained operating expenses and a contribution from organic growth projects in Q2.
The board of directors of Marathon Petroleum Corp. (NYSE: MPC) has declared a dividend of $0.58 per share on common stock. The dividend is payable Sept. 10, 2021, to shareholders of record as of the close of business Aug. 18, 2021.
Marathon Petroleum (MPC) doesn't possess the right combination of the two key ingredients for a likely earnings beat in its upcoming report. Get prepared with the key expectations.
Any time a company's dividend yield approaches double digits, investors should proceed with caution. Companies need to produce more than enough free cash flow to cover their dividend. This level marked an improvement from the prior-year period when MPLX produced $1.08 billion of distributable cash flow, covering its payout by 1.44 times.
MPC Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching MPCWant to see what other sources are saying about Marathon Petroleum Corp's financials and stock price? Try the links below:
Marathon Petroleum Corp (MPC) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Marathon Petroleum Corp (MPC) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Marathon Petroleum Corp (MPC) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch