Marathon Petroleum Corporation (MPC): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
MPC POWR Grades
- MPC scores best on the Growth dimension, with a Growth rank ahead of 91.83% of US stocks.
- MPC's strongest trending metric is Momentum; it's been moving up over the last 206 days.
- MPC's current lowest rank is in the Stability metric (where it is better than 32.86% of US stocks).
MPC Stock Summary
- MPC has a higher market value than 93.49% of US stocks; more precisely, its current market capitalization is $38,362,754,950.
- MPC's price/sales ratio is 0.52; that's higher than the P/S ratio of only 10.09% of US stocks.
- As for revenue growth, note that MPC's revenue has grown -38.63% over the past 12 months; that beats the revenue growth of only 10.07% of US companies in our set.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to MPC, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are EXC, LYB, XEL, BCE, and KMI.
- MPC's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Marathon Petroleum Corp's official web site, go to www.marathonpetroleum.com.
MPC Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
MPC Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$60.08||52-week high||$61.95|
|Prev. close||$58.78||52-week low||$26.56|
|Day high||$61.95||Avg. volume||6,341,308|
|50-day MA||$55.36||Dividend yield||3.86%|
|200-day MA||$43.03||Market Cap||39.21B|
Marathon Petroleum Corporation (MPC) Company Bio
Marathon Petroleum engages in refining, marketing, retailing, and transporting petroleum products primarily in the United States. It operates through three segments: Refining & Marketing, Speedway, and Pipeline Transportation. The company was founded in 1998 and is based in Findlay, Ohio.
MPC Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
MPC Latest Social Stream
View Full MPC Social Stream
Latest MPC News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Marathon Petroleum Corp that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate MPC as an investment opportunity.
Marathon Petroleum briefly falls after FTC says sale of Speedway to 7-Eleven may violate antitrust rules
Marathon Petroleum (MPC) briefly fell after two FTC commissioners said that the company's sale of Speedway to Seven & I's 7-Eleven (SVNDY) may be in violation of U.S. antitrust rules.FTC Acting Chairwoman Rebecca Slaughter and Commissioner Rohit Chopra said in a statement that the sale, which closed today, raises "significant competitive concerns...
Seven & I Holdings Co Ltd's announcement it had pressed forward in its deal to buy 3,900 Speedway gas and convenience stores from Marathon Petroleum Corp is potentially illegal and may raise significant competitive concerns in hundreds of local gasoline and diesel fuel markets across the United States, two U.S. Federal Trade Commission officials said on Friday.
(Bloomberg) -- Marathon Petroleum Corp. plans to repurchase as much as $10 billion of stock after the U.S. oil refiner completed the sale of its Speedway fuel retail chain.The plan starts with a cash tender offer to buy as much as $4 billion of shares, or about 10% of its current market value, the company said Friday. The repurchase would be the oil refiner’s biggest-ever share buyback, according to data compiled by Bloomberg.“After the completion of the tender offer, we intend to execute on the remainder of our $10 billion repurchase authorization over the subsequent 12 to 18 months,” Chief Financial Officer Maryann T. Mannen said in a statement. In addition, $2.5 billion of proceeds from the Speedway sale has been allocated to reduce long-term debt.Marathon shares jumped as much as 5....
7-Eleven, Inc. ("7-Eleven"), the largest chain in the convenience-retailing industry, announced today the successful completion of its acquisition of Speedway, a leading convenience store chain, from Marathon Petroleum Corp. (NYSE: MPC). Speedway's high-quality portfolio includes approximately 3,800 stores located in 36 states across the U.S.
Marathon Petroleum Corp. (NYSE: MPC) today announced the close of the $21 billion sale of Speedway to 7-Eleven, Inc., a wholly owned, indirect subsidiary of Seven & i Holdings Co., Ltd (3382: Toyko). In conjunction with closing, MPC announced its plans regarding the estimated $16.5 billion of after-tax cash proceeds.
MPC Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching MPCWant to see what other sources are saying about Marathon Petroleum Corp's financials and stock price? Try the links below:
Marathon Petroleum Corp (MPC) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Marathon Petroleum Corp (MPC) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Marathon Petroleum Corp (MPC) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch