Marathon Petroleum Corporation (MPC) Dividends
Dividend Yield and Dividend History Highlights
- Over the past 6 years of historical data, MPC has returned more capital to shareholders through its dividend issuances than 90.72% of other dividend-paying US stocks.
- In terms of debt burden relative to earnings, MPC has an EBITDA to net debt ratio of -0.2, ranking above merely 6.65% stocks in our set.
- Currently, MPC generates more cash flow over the 12 months prior than only 6.32% of US dividend stocks.
- As for stocks whose price is uncorrelated with MPC's price and thus may be suitable peers for a diversified dividend portfolio, check out the following: OSG, MCD, GORO, HTLD and SLGN.
MPC Price Forecast Based on Dividend Discount Model
|Current Price||DDM Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
For dividend yielding stocks, the Dividend Discount Model (DDM) is a common valuation tool; it attempts to extrapolate a fair share price based primarily on the dividend the stock provides relative to a number of other quantiative aspects of its business. In the case of MPC, the DDM model, as implemented by StockNews, implies a negative return of 24.92% relative to its current price. Digging deeper, the aspects of Marathon Petroleum Corp's dividend discount model that we found most interesting were:
- Given its market cap of around 27 billion US dollars, its dividend yield of 5.61 is greater than 91.98% of its fellow stocks in the large market cap class.
- Marathon Petroleum Corp's market cap of $27 billion US dollars puts it in the large-sized market cap class; here, it has a lower equity discount rate than 4.85% of stocks.
- Beta tells us how volatile a stock's price is relative to the broader equity index; for Marathon Petroleum Corp, its beta is lower than 3.19% of dividend issuing stocks we observed.
MPC Dividend Chart
MPC Dividend History
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
MPC Dividends vs. Peers
Looking for More Information on MPC dividends?Here are a few links from around the web to help you further your research on Marathon Petroleum Corp and its dividends:
Marathon Petroleum Corp Common Stock (MPC) Dividend History | Nasdaq
Dividend History for Marathon Petroleum Corp (MPC) - Dividend Investor
Marathon Petroleum Corp (MPC) Dividend History - Seeking Alpha