NextEra Energy Inc. (NEE): Price and Financial Metrics
NEE Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$65.34||52-week high||$88.61|
|Prev. close||$67.47||52-week low||$65.27|
|Day high||$67.19||Avg. volume||8,234,771|
|50-day MA||$69.11||Dividend yield||2.79%|
|200-day MA||$75.02||Market Cap||132.23B|
NEE Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
NEE POWR Grades
- NEE scores best on the Quality dimension, with a Quality rank ahead of 60.38% of US stocks.
- NEE's strongest trending metric is Momentum; it's been moving down over the last 177 days.
- NEE's current lowest rank is in the Value metric (where it is better than 7.78% of US stocks).
NEE Stock Summary
- NEE has a higher market value than 98.56% of US stocks; more precisely, its current market capitalization is $137,005,437,597.
- Of note is the ratio of NEXTERA ENERGY INC's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; just 0.26% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- In terms of twelve month growth in earnings before interest and taxes, NEXTERA ENERGY INC is reporting a growth rate of 257.56%; that's higher than 94.59% of US stocks.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to NEXTERA ENERGY INC, a group of peers worth examining would be BHP, COP, SBUX, IBN, and SO.
- Visit NEE's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.nexteraenergy.com.
NEE Valuation Summary
- NEE's price/sales ratio is 5.1; this is 200% higher than that of the median Utilities stock.
- NEE's price/sales ratio has moved up 3.8 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for NEE.
NEE Growth Metrics
- Its year over year price growth rate is now at -5.48%.
- The year over year cash and equivalents growth rate now stands at 1.03%.
- Its 2 year revenue growth rate is now at -17.78%.
The table below shows NEE's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
NEE's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- NEE has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 60.46% of graded US stocks.
- NEE's asset turnover comes in at 0.123 -- ranking 93rd of 105 Utilities stocks.
- ORA, PPL, and PEG are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with NEE.
The table below shows NEE's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
NextEra Energy Inc. (NEE) Company Bio
NextEra Energy, Inc. is an American energy company with about 46 gigawatts of generating capacity, revenues of over $17 billion in 2017, and about 14,000 employees throughout the US and Canada. It is the largest electric utility holding company by market capitalization. Its subsidiaries include Florida Power & Light (FPL), NextEra Energy Resources, NextEra Energy Partners, Gulf Power Company, and NextEra Energy Services. (Source:Wikipedia)
NEE Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
NEE Latest Social Stream
View Full NEE Social Stream
Latest NEE News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about NEXTERA ENERGY INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate NEE as an investment opportunity.
NextEra Energy, Inc. (NYSE: NEE) announced the appointment of Maria G. Henry to its board of directors.
This clean energy presents a perfect opportunity to take advantage of the explosive growth still to come.
The past couple of years haven't been kind to Brookfield Renewable (NYSE: BEP)(NYSE: BEPC) shareholders. In this video, Motley Fool contributors Jason Hall and Tyler Crowe take a closer look at what's happened, why it's in a different situation from NextEra Energy (NYSE: NEE) subsidiary NextEra Energy Partners (NYSE: NEP), how it's similar to Clearway Energy (NYSE: CWEN)(NYSE: CWEN.
NextEra Energy (NEE) closed the most recent trading day at $66.91, moving -0.65% from the previous trading session.
Evaluating a company's growth prospects is vital. That's because profit growth typically drives a stock's returns over the long term. Agree Realty (NYSE: ADC), EnLink Midstream (NYSE: ENLC), and NextEra Energy Partners (NYSE: NEP) have tremendous growth runways.
NEE Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|