NextEra Energy, Inc. (NEE): Price and Financial Metrics
NEE Stock Summary
- With a market capitalization of $139,719,466,080, Nextera Energy Inc has a greater market value than 98.53% of US stocks.
- Of note is the ratio of Nextera Energy Inc's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; just 0.44% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- The volatility of Nextera Energy Inc's share price is greater than that of 93.24% US stocks with at least 200 days of trading history.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to Nextera Energy Inc are TOT, SBUX, LIN, UNP, and VALE.
- Visit NEE's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.nexteraenergy.com.
NEE Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
NEE Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$71.12||52-week high||$87.69|
|Prev. close||$71.29||52-week low||$43.70|
|Day high||$71.12||Avg. volume||8,915,767|
|50-day MA||$79.25||Dividend yield||2.12%|
|200-day MA||$72.14||Market Cap||139.39B|
NextEra Energy, Inc. (NEE) Company Bio
NextEra Energy generates, transmits, and distributes electric energy in the United States and Canada. The company was founded in 1984 and is based in Juno Beach, Florida.
NEE Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
Below please find a table outlining a discounted cash flow forecast for NEE, in which we model out valuation assuming a variety of terminal growth rates. To summarize, we found that Nextera Energy Inc ranked in the 9th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. We should note, though, that all scenearios modelled for this stock suggest it is overvalued. The most interesting components of our discounted cash flow analysis for Nextera Energy Inc ended up being:
- The company's compound free cash flow growth rate over the past 5.79 years comes in at -0.1%; that's greater than just 13.77% of US stocks we're applying DCF forecasting to.
- Nextera Energy Inc's weighted average cost of capital (WACC) is 8%; for context, that number is higher than merely 15.45% of tickers in our DCF set.
- Relative to other stocks in its sector (Utilities), Nextera Energy Inc has a reliance on debt greater than only 21.56% of them.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
NEE Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
NEE Latest Social Stream
View Full NEE Social Stream
Latest NEE News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Nextera Energy Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate NEE as an investment opportunity.
NextEra Energy (NEE) closed at $71.29 in the latest trading session, marking a -1.7% move from the prior day.
Investors flock to NextEra (NEE) for its globally-largest renewable unregulated power generation but stay for its healthy, growing Florida utility operation. These is why I have in the past and continue to recommend NextEra Energy. NextEra Energy is a holding company for two (now merged into one) regulated retail utilities...
Upgrades According to Wolfe Research, the prior rating for Fisker Inc (NYSE:FSR) was changed from Underperform to Peer Perform. In the fourth quarter, Fisker earned $0.05. At the moment, the stock has a 52-week-high of $31.96 and a 52-week-low of $14.32. Fisker closed at $28.16 at the end of the last trading period. According to Piper Sandler, the prior rating for Farmers National Banc Corp (NASDAQ:FMNB) was changed from Neutral to Overweight. Farmers National Banc earned $0.45 in the fourth quarter, compared to $0.35 in the year-ago quarter. The stock has a 52-week-high of $15.43 and a 52-week-low of $9.82. At the end of the last trading period, Farmers National Banc closed at $14.29. For Itron Inc (NASDAQ:ITRI), Argus Research upgraded the previous rating of Hold to Buy. For the fourt...
Utilities are increasingly seen as a way to participate in clean energy in addition to their more traditional lines of business. NextEra Energy (NEE) is a leader among utilities in building out clean energy assets, claiming to be the world’s largest producer of wind and solar energy. Source: NextEra Energy,...
Worth more than $50 billion, the energy business would be the fifth largest utility in the country were it independent, publicly traded company.
NEE Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching NEEWant to see what other sources are saying about Nextera Energy Inc's financials and stock price? Try the links below:
Get Free Updates
Join thousands of investors who get the latest news, insights and top rated picks from StockNews.com!