NextEra Energy Inc. (NEE): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
NEE POWR Grades
- Stability is the dimension where NEE ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 72.21% of US stocks.
- NEE's strongest trending metric is Momentum; it's been moving down over the last 31 weeks.
- NEE's current lowest rank is in the Value metric (where it is better than 8.13% of US stocks).
NEE Stock Summary
- NEE has a market capitalization of $152,742,399,786 -- more than approximately 98.52% of US stocks.
- NEE's went public 35.59 years ago, making it older than 92.81% of listed US stocks we're tracking.
- Of note is the ratio of Nextera Energy Inc's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; just 0.46% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to Nextera Energy Inc are RDS.A, AZN, AMGN, LIN, and BMY.
- NEE's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Nextera Energy Inc's official web site, go to www.nexteraenergy.com.
NEE Valuation Summary
- NEE's price/earnings ratio is 35.7; this is 62.27% higher than that of the median Utilities stock.
- Over the past 243 months, NEE's price/sales ratio has gone up 7.4.
- NEE's price/sales ratio has moved up 7.4 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for NEE.
NEE Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
NEE Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$77.85||52-week high||$87.69|
|Prev. close||$77.86||52-week low||$66.79|
|Day high||$78.33||Avg. volume||8,268,003|
|50-day MA||$74.37||Dividend yield||1.98%|
|200-day MA||$76.05||Market Cap||152.70B|
NextEra Energy Inc. (NEE) Company Bio
NextEra Energy, Inc. is an American energy company with about 46 gigawatts of generating capacity, revenues of over $17 billion in 2017, and about 14,000 employees throughout the US and Canada. It is the largest electric utility holding company by market capitalization. Its subsidiaries include Florida Power & Light (FPL), NextEra Energy Resources, NextEra Energy Partners, Gulf Power Company, and NextEra Energy Services. (Source:Wikipedia)
NEE Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
Below please find a table outlining a discounted cash flow forecast for NEE, in which we model out valuation assuming a variety of terminal growth rates. To summarize, we found that Nextera Energy Inc ranked in the 3th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. Our DCF analysis suggests the stock is overvalued by about 99%. As for the metrics that stood out in our discounted cash flow analysis of Nextera Energy Inc, consider:
- The compound growth rate in the free cash flow of Nextera Energy Inc over the past 5.73 years is -0.25%; that's better than only 13.41% of cash flow producing equities in the Utilities sector, where it is classified.
- Nextera Energy Inc's weighted average cost of capital (WACC) is 9%; for context, that number is higher than only 9.74% of tickers in our DCF set.
- NEE's estimated cost of debt, based largely on its market capitalization and its interest coverage ratio, is 3%; for context, that number is higher than only 9.74% of tickers in our DCF set.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
NEE Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
NEE Latest Social Stream
View Full NEE Social Stream
Latest NEE News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Nextera Energy Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate NEE as an investment opportunity.
US utility giant NextEra Energy added 1.84GW of renewables and energy storage projects to its backlog in Q2 2021, but its Energy Resources division reported a fiscal loss of US$315 million.
Today, Southern California Gas Co. (SoCalGas) announced it submitted several research and development initiatives to the U.S. Department of Energy. Particularly to DOEs Earthshot Hydrogen Program through a Request for Information (RFI). Accordingly, these initiatives would look to enable low-cost, clean hydrogen. Read more of our news content, here; NextEra Energy The post SoCalGas submits Hydrogen Tech Projects to DOE appeared first on Energy Capital Media .
On Friday, US utility giant NextEra Energy announced it added 1.84GW of renewables and energy storage projects to its backlog in Q2 2021. On the other hand, however, its Energy Resources division reported a fiscal loss of $315 million throughout the year. Read more of our news content, here; Schlumberger The post NextEra Energy adds 1.84GW of renewables and energy storage in 2021 appeared first on Energy Capital Media .
Companies In The News Are: SLB, AXP, NEE, ROP.
These renewable energy stocks can provide a much lower risk profile than betting on a stock with a price-to-sales ratio of nearly 200.
NEE Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|