NextEra Energy, Inc. (NEE): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
NEE POWR Grades
- Stability is the dimension where NEE ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 74.14% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for NEE is in Quality, which has been heading down over the past 206 days.
- NEE's current lowest rank is in the Value metric (where it is better than 7.97% of US stocks).
NEE Stock Summary
- Nextera Energy Inc's market capitalization of $142,459,754,708 is ahead of 98.42% of US-listed equities.
- Of note is the ratio of Nextera Energy Inc's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; just 0.34% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- In terms of volatility of its share price, NEE is more volatile than 97.57% of stocks we're observing.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to NEE, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are UNP, CAT, RDS.A, BMY, and AMGN.
- Visit NEE's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.nexteraenergy.com.
NEE Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
NEE Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$72.63||52-week high||$87.69|
|Prev. close||$71.54||52-week low||$55.81|
|Day high||$73.14||Avg. volume||8,706,203|
|50-day MA||$75.56||Dividend yield||2.12%|
|200-day MA||$75.10||Market Cap||142.46B|
NextEra Energy, Inc. (NEE) Company Bio
NextEra Energy generates, transmits, and distributes electric energy in the United States and Canada. The company was founded in 1984 and is based in Juno Beach, Florida.
NEE Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
We started the process of determining a valid price forecast for Nextera Energy Inc with a discounted cash flow analysis -- the results of which can be found in the table below. To summarize, we found that Nextera Energy Inc ranked in the 4th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. We should note, though, that all scenearios modelled for this stock suggest it is overvalued. As for the metrics that stood out in our discounted cash flow analysis of Nextera Energy Inc, consider:
- The compound growth rate in the free cash flow of Nextera Energy Inc over the past 5.73 years is -0.25%; that's better than merely 16.76% of cash flow producing equities in the Utilities sector, where it is classified.
- Nextera Energy Inc's weighted average cost of capital (WACC) is 9%; for context, that number is higher than just 8.43% of tickers in our DCF set.
- NEE's estimated cost of debt, based largely on its market capitalization and its interest coverage ratio, is 3%; for context, that number is higher than just 8.43% of tickers in our DCF set.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
NEE Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
NEE Latest Social Stream
View Full NEE Social Stream
Latest NEE News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Nextera Energy Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate NEE as an investment opportunity.
Hawaiian Electric's (HE) Q1 revenues of $642.9 million in the first quarter decline 5.1% from the prior-year quarter's $677.2 million
OGE Energy's (OGE) Q1 operating revenues of $1,630.6 million fall shy of the Zacks Consensus Estimate but surge 278.1% year over year
$2.3 billion Electron Capital's renewable energy bets paid off last year. The firm is banking on Biden's green energy and infrastructure plans to give it another boost.
Summary List Placement Count Electron Capital is one of the many firms leaning into ESG as President Joe Biden's administration takes hold. The $2.3 billion hedge fund has long been an infrastructure and utilities investor, run by former SAC Capital portfolio manager Jos Shaver, and many of its top holdings still include legacy energy players like PG&E. But the firm's banner year last year, sources say, was driven by renewable energy companies, and the manager is expecting interest to only increase in the space as the Biden administration sets its policies. The fund returned 37.7% last year, and has made 6.3% through April this year, a recent factsheet states. The average hedge fund was up 11.8% and 8.7%, respectively, according to Hedge Fund Research. Last year was the best on record f...
NextEra Energy (NEE) closed the most recent trading day at $74.53, moving +0.7% from the previous trading session.
The next generation of electricity may not come from where you think. Here are three examples that show why.
NEE Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|