Progressive Corp. (PGR): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
PGR POWR Grades
- PGR scores best on the Stability dimension, with a Stability rank ahead of 82.19% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for PGR is in Growth, which has been heading up over the past 157 days.
- PGR's current lowest rank is in the Growth metric (where it is better than 10.57% of US stocks).
PGR Stock Summary
- PGR has a higher market value than 95.86% of US stocks; more precisely, its current market capitalization is $64,210,734,380.
- Progressive Corp's stock had its IPO on July 9, 1986, making it an older stock than 92.27% of US equities in our set.
- In terms of volatility of its share price, PGR is more volatile than merely 9.73% of stocks we're observing.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Progressive Corp, a group of peers worth examining would be RELX, JCI, TRI, NOC, and ETN.
- PGR's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Progressive Corp's official web site, go to www.progressive.com.
PGR Valuation Summary
- PGR's price/earnings ratio is 10.4; this is 5.45% lower than that of the median Financial Services stock.
- PGR's price/sales ratio has moved down 0.1 over the prior 243 months.
- Over the past 243 months, PGR's EV/EBIT ratio has gone down 12.6.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for PGR.
PGR Growth Metrics
- Its 5 year revenue growth rate is now at 81.47%.
- Its 2 year price growth rate is now at 32.32%.
- Its 4 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 189.2%.
The table below shows PGR's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
PGR's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- PGR has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 73.86% of graded US stocks.
- PGR's asset turnover comes in at 0.686 -- ranking 18th of 133 Insurance stocks.
- ITIC, MTG, and HCI are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with PGR.
The table below shows PGR's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
PGR Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
PGR Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$109.87||52-week high||$110.91|
|Prev. close||$109.75||52-week low||$84.89|
|Day high||$109.98||Avg. volume||3,422,536|
|50-day MA||$99.27||Dividend yield||0.36%|
|200-day MA||$97.14||Market Cap||64.28B|
Progressive Corp. (PGR) Company Bio
The Progressive Corporation is an American insurance company, the third largest insurance carrier and the No. 1 commercial auto insurer in the United States. The company was co-founded in 1937 by Jack Green and Joseph M. Lewis, and is headquartered in Mayfield Village, Ohio, USA. The company insures passenger vehicles, motorcycles, RVs, trailers, boats, PWC, and commercial vehicles. Progressive also provides home, life, pet, and other insurance through select companies. Progressive has expanded internationally as well, offering auto insurance in Australia. (Source:Wikipedia)
Most Popular Stories View All
PGR Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
PGR Latest Social Stream
View Full PGR Social Stream
Latest PGR News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Progressive Corp that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate PGR as an investment opportunity.
Auto insurance industry and consumers struggle with continuing rise in catalytic converter stolen for their precious metals; hybrids, SUVs targeted
Under Immortals' first league championship series naming rights sponsorship, the organization's League of Legends teams will compete as "Immortals Progressive."
Immortals, a Great Lakes-based gaming and esports organization, and Progressive Insurance, the third largest auto insurer in the country, have officially announced an exclusive, multi-year entitlement agreement. Immortals' League of Legends ("LCS") teams will now compete as "Immortals Progressive." This is the esports organization's first ever LCS naming rights sponsorship; Progressive will also serve as the official insurance sponsor of Immortals.
In this article, we discuss the top 10 stock picks of Thomas Bancroft’s Makaira Partners. You can skip our detailed analysis of Bancroft’s history, investment philosophy, and hedge fund performance, and go directly to the Top 5 Stock Picks of Thomas Bancroft’s Makaira Partners. Thomas Bancroft serves as the Managing Partner and Senior Portfolio Manager […]
If history is any guide, there may be good fortune ahead for shares of Progressive (NYSE: PGR ). A so-called "golden cross" has formed on its chart and, not surprisingly, this could be bullish for the stock. What To Know: Many traders use moving average crossover systems to make their decisions. When a shorter-term average price crosses above a longer-term average price, it could mean the stock is trending higher. If the short-term average price crosses below the long-term Full story available on Benzinga.com
PGR Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|