Progressive Corporation (The) (PGR): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
PGR POWR Grades
- PGR scores best on the Stability dimension, with a Stability rank ahead of 84.62% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for PGR is in Growth, which has been heading down over the past 51 weeks.
- PGR's current lowest rank is in the Sentiment metric (where it is better than 1.4% of US stocks).
PGR Stock Summary
- With a market capitalization of $52,670,640,983, Progressive Corp has a greater market value than 95.09% of US stocks.
- PGR's went public 35.29 years ago, making it older than 92.23% of listed US stocks we're tracking.
- In terms of volatility of its share price, PGR is more volatile than only 6.8% of stocks we're observing.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Progressive Corp, a group of peers worth examining would be DG, JCI, HUM, RELX, and TRI.
- Visit PGR's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.progressive.com.
PGR Valuation Summary
- PGR's price/earnings ratio is 10.4; this is 5.45% lower than that of the median Financial Services stock.
- PGR's price/sales ratio has moved down 0.1 over the prior 243 months.
- Over the past 243 months, PGR's EV/EBIT ratio has gone down 12.6.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for PGR.
PGR Growth Metrics
- Its 3 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at -24.39%.
- Its year over year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 31.16%.
- Its 3 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 139.7%.
The table below shows PGR's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
PGR's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- PGR has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 73.28% of graded US stocks.
- PGR's asset turnover comes in at 0.697 -- ranking 19th of 133 Insurance stocks.
- MTG, RDN, and FNF are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with PGR.
The table below shows PGR's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
PGR Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
PGR Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$91.25||52-week high||$107.58|
|Prev. close||$90.01||52-week low||$84.89|
|Day high||$92.27||Avg. volume||2,797,764|
|50-day MA||$93.83||Dividend yield||0.44%|
|200-day MA||$94.87||Market Cap||53.40B|
Progressive Corporation (The) (PGR) Company Bio
Progressive Corporation provides insurance for personal and commercial autos and trucks, motorcycles, boats, recreational vehicles, and homes. The company was founded in 1937 and is based in Mayfield Village, Ohio.
Most Popular Stories View All
PGR Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
PGR Latest Social Stream
View Full PGR Social Stream
Latest PGR News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Progressive Corp that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate PGR as an investment opportunity.
Companies in The News Are: BAC, UNH, C, PGR.
Progressive (PGR) holds potential to reap benefits driven by higher premiums from Transportation Network Company business and solid financial position, offset by elevated expenses.
The auto and home insurer reported a second consecutive monthly loss on Thursday and missed its third-quarter-earnings estimates.
Progressive (PGR) Q3 earnings reflect increase in premiums, offset by higher expenses.
U.S. stocks on Thursday were higher, benefitting from better-than-expected earnings and economic data that helped ease investor concern about inflation and a slowdown in growth. The S&P 500 advanced for a second session, adding 1.
PGR Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|