Progressive Corporation (The) (PGR): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
PGR POWR Grades
- Stability is the dimension where PGR ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 83.01% of US stocks.
- PGR's strongest trending metric is Growth; it's been moving down over the last 31 weeks.
- PGR's current lowest rank is in the Sentiment metric (where it is better than 17.68% of US stocks).
PGR Stock Summary
- PGR has a market capitalization of $55,308,688,215 -- more than approximately 95.34% of US stocks.
- Progressive Corp's stock had its IPO on July 9, 1986, making it an older stock than 92.27% of US equities in our set.
- The volatility of Progressive Corp's share price is greater than that of merely 3.46% US stocks with at least 200 days of trading history.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to Progressive Corp are DG, HUM, SNP, JCI, and BIIB.
- PGR's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Progressive Corp's official web site, go to www.progressive.com.
PGR Valuation Summary
- PGR's price/sales ratio is 1.2; this is 63.64% lower than that of the median Financial Services stock.
- Over the past 243 months, PGR's price/sales ratio has gone down 0.2.
- Over the past 243 months, PGR's price/earnings ratio has gone down 39.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for PGR.
PGR Growth Metrics
- Its 5 year price growth rate is now at 141.01%.
- Its 3 year price growth rate is now at 133.91%.
- Its 4 year price growth rate is now at 137.35%.
The table below shows PGR's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
PGR Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
PGR Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$95.16||52-week high||$107.58|
|Prev. close||$95.76||52-week low||$84.89|
|Day high||$96.01||Avg. volume||2,956,918|
|50-day MA||$96.57||Dividend yield||0.42%|
|200-day MA||$94.90||Market Cap||55.68B|
Progressive Corporation (The) (PGR) Company Bio
Progressive Corporation provides insurance for personal and commercial autos and trucks, motorcycles, boats, recreational vehicles, and homes. The company was founded in 1937 and is based in Mayfield Village, Ohio.
PGR Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
We started the process of determining a valid price forecast for Progressive Corp with a discounted cash flow analysis -- the results of which can be found in the table below. To summarize, we found that Progressive Corp ranked in the 75th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. More precisely, our analysis suggests the stock is undervalued by approximately 184.5% on a DCF basis. In terms of the factors that were most noteworthy in this DCF analysis for PGR, they are:
- PGR's estimated cost of debt, based largely on its market capitalization and its interest coverage ratio, is 3%; for context, that number is higher than 40.13% of tickers in our DCF set.
- Relative to other stocks in its sector (Financial Services), Progressive Corp has a reliance on debt greater than just 19.23% of them.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
PGR Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
PGR Latest Social Stream
View Full PGR Social Stream
Latest PGR News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Progressive Corp that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate PGR as an investment opportunity.
Oklahomas highest court recently found that an insurers uninsured motorist exclusion violates state law. The Oklahoma Supreme Court came to that conclusion in answering a certified question from the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit about the UM
Stocks Analysis by Zacks Investment Research covering: Progressive Corp, The Travelers Companies Inc, Everest Re Group Ltd, RLI Corp. Read Zacks Investment Research''s latest article on Investing.com
kajakiki/iStock via Getty Images Investment Review: The Progressive Corporation The Progressive Corporation (PGR) has achieved strong earnings growth from its property and auto insurance business over the past few years. Despite the coronavirus pandemic, profitability remained strong as a result of reduced auto accident claims, due to the coronavirus causing...
MAYFIELD VILLAGE, OHIO, July 28, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- As previously announced, The Progressive Corporation (NYSE: PGR) will host an Investor Relations event on Wednesday, August 4, 2021, beginning at 9:30 a.m. eastern time. The event, which will consist of both a conference call and a live webcast, is scheduled to last 90 minutes and will begin with an approximate 45-minute presentation on our Commercial Lines business, followed by a question-and-answer session with Tricia Griffith, our CEO, and John Sauerland, our CFO. Call-in participants will be able to ask questions via the phone, while webcast participants will be able to submit questions online.
In this article, we will be looking at the 10 best large cap dividend stocks to buy now. If you want to skip our detailed analysis of large-cap stocks, and dividend investing, you can go directly to the 5 Best Large Cap Dividend Stocks to Buy Now. Large-cap stocks usually have a market capitalization of […]
PGR Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|