Progressive Corp. (PGR): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
PGR POWR Grades
- PGR scores best on the Stability dimension, with a Stability rank ahead of 89.07% of US stocks.
- PGR's strongest trending metric is Momentum; it's been moving up over the last 179 days.
- PGR ranks lowest in Growth; there it ranks in the 20th percentile.
PGR Stock Summary
- PGR has a market capitalization of $67,953,551,398 -- more than approximately 96.03% of US stocks.
- Progressive Corp's capital turnover -- a measure of revenue relative to shareholder's equity -- is better than 80.89% of US listed stocks.
- PGR's went public 35.75 years ago, making it older than 92.35% of listed US stocks we're tracking.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Progressive Corp, a group of peers worth examining would be SHW, TJX, ITW, HUM, and ITUB.
- Visit PGR's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.progressive.com.
PGR Valuation Summary
- PGR's price/earnings ratio is 10.4; this is 5.45% lower than that of the median Financial Services stock.
- PGR's price/sales ratio has moved down 0.1 over the prior 243 months.
- Over the past 243 months, PGR's EV/EBIT ratio has gone down 12.6.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for PGR.
PGR Growth Metrics
- Its year over year price growth rate is now at 32.15%.
- The 2 year revenue growth rate now stands at 39.71%.
- Its 4 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 156.53%.
The table below shows PGR's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
PGR's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- PGR has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 73.86% of graded US stocks.
- PGR's asset turnover comes in at 0.686 -- ranking 18th of 133 Insurance stocks.
- ITIC, MTG, and HCI are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with PGR.
The table below shows PGR's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
PGR Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
PGR Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$118.48||52-week high||$121.36|
|Prev. close||$116.27||52-week low||$89.35|
|Day high||$118.95||Avg. volume||2,929,366|
|50-day MA||$113.13||Dividend yield||0.34%|
|200-day MA||$104.85||Market Cap||69.30B|
Progressive Corp. (PGR) Company Bio
The Progressive Corporation is an American insurance company, the third largest insurance carrier and the No. 1 commercial auto insurer in the United States. The company was co-founded in 1937 by Jack Green and Joseph M. Lewis, and is headquartered in Mayfield Village, Ohio, USA. The company insures passenger vehicles, motorcycles, RVs, trailers, boats, PWC, and commercial vehicles. Progressive also provides home, life, pet, and other insurance through select companies. Progressive has expanded internationally as well, offering auto insurance in Australia. (Source:Wikipedia)
Most Popular Stories View All
PGR Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
PGR Latest Social Stream
View Full PGR Social Stream
Latest PGR News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Progressive Corp that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate PGR as an investment opportunity.
Progressive (PGR) reported earnings 30 days ago. What's next for the stock? We take a look at earnings estimates for some clues.
Fidelity National's (FNF) Q4 results reflect growth in revenues and strong performances across its Title and F&G segments, partly offset by elevated expenses.
MAYFIELD VILLAGE, OHIO, Feb. 23, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- As previously announced, The Progressive Corporation (NYSE: PGR) will host an Investor Relations event on Tuesday March 1, 2022, beginning at 9:30 a.m. eastern time. The event, which will consist of both a conference call and a webcast, is scheduled to last 90 minutes and will begin with approximately 45-minutes of presentations on managing rate levels, followed by a question-and-answer session with Tricia Griffith, our CEO, and John Saue
Kinsale Capital (KNSL) Q4 results reflect benefits of rate increase, focus on disciplined underwriting and cost management.
Palomar (PLMR) Q4 results reflect higher premiums and net investment income, partially offset by an increase in expenses.
PGR Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|