Progressive Corp. (PGR): Price and Financial Metrics
PGR Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$143.26||52-week high||$149.87|
|Prev. close||$142.40||52-week low||$110.04|
|Day high||$143.68||Avg. volume||2,684,769|
|50-day MA||$130.92||Dividend yield||0.28%|
|200-day MA||$133.83||Market Cap||83.85B|
PGR Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
PGR POWR Grades
- PGR scores best on the Growth dimension, with a Growth rank ahead of 96.71% of US stocks.
- PGR's strongest trending metric is Stability; it's been moving down over the last 179 days.
- PGR ranks lowest in Value; there it ranks in the 14th percentile.
PGR Stock Summary
- PROGRESSIVE CORP's market capitalization of $82,274,495,033 is ahead of 97.28% of US-listed equities.
- PROGRESSIVE CORP's stock had its IPO on July 9, 1986, making it an older stock than 92.7% of US equities in our set.
- In terms of volatility of its share price, PGR is more volatile than only 5.25% of stocks we're observing.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to PROGRESSIVE CORP are CI, ITW, SHW, MDLZ, and INFY.
- Visit PGR's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.progressive.com.
PGR Valuation Summary
- PGR's price/sales ratio is 1.5; this is 34.78% lower than that of the median Financial Services stock.
- PGR's price/sales ratio has moved down 0 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for PGR.
PGR Growth Metrics
- Its year over year revenue growth rate is now at 7.41%.
- Its 3 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at -26.82%.
- The 5 year net income to common stockholders growth rate now stands at 197.19%.
The table below shows PGR's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
PGR's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- PGR has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 73.86% of graded US stocks.
- PGR's asset turnover comes in at 0.686 -- ranking 18th of 133 Insurance stocks.
- ITIC, MTG, and HCI are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with PGR.
The table below shows PGR's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
Progressive Corp. (PGR) Company Bio
The Progressive Corporation is an American insurance company, the third largest insurance carrier and the No. 1 commercial auto insurer in the United States. The company was co-founded in 1937 by Jack Green and Joseph M. Lewis, and is headquartered in Mayfield Village, Ohio, USA. The company insures passenger vehicles, motorcycles, RVs, trailers, boats, PWC, and commercial vehicles. Progressive also provides home, life, pet, and other insurance through select companies. Progressive has expanded internationally as well, offering auto insurance in Australia. (Source:Wikipedia)
PGR Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
PGR Latest Social Stream
View Full PGR Social Stream
Latest PGR News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about PROGRESSIVE CORP that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate PGR as an investment opportunity.
Progressive (PGR) seems well-poised on improving premiums, steady policy life expectancy, investment in technology and a solid capital position.
Artisan Partners, an investment management company, released its “Artisan Global Opportunities Fund” second quarter 2023 investor letter. A copy of the same can be downloaded here. In the second quarter, its Investor Class fund ARTRX returned 5.73%, Advisor Class fund APDRX posted a return of 5.78%, and Institutional Class fund APHRX returned 5.83%, compared to a […]
Progressive's (PGR) August results reflect higher revenues, partially offset by improved expenses.
MAYFIELD VILLAGE, OHIO, Sept. 15, 2023 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- The Progressive Corporation (NYSE:PGR) today reported the following results for August 2023: August(millions, except per share amounts and ratios; unaudited)2023 2022 ChangeNet premiums written$4,743.8 $4,081.1 16 % Net premiums earned$4,599.2 $3,835.4 20 % Net income$147.6 $119.7 23 % Per share available to common shareholders$0.25 $0.20 23 % Total pretax net realized gains (losses) on securities$(80.6) $(175.4) (54) % Combined ratio97.
Each of these oversold fintech stocks to buy have lost at least 17% over the past month.
PGR Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|