Progressive Corporation (The) (PGR): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
PGR POWR Grades
- Stability is the dimension where PGR ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 81.6% of US stocks.
- PGR's strongest trending metric is Momentum; it's been moving down over the last 197 days.
- PGR's current lowest rank is in the Momentum metric (where it is better than 26.22% of US stocks).
PGR Stock Summary
- PGR has a market capitalization of $60,346,857,973 -- more than approximately 95.95% of US stocks.
- Progressive Corp's stock had its IPO on July 9, 1986, making it an older stock than 92.37% of US equities in our set.
- In terms of volatility of its share price, PGR is more volatile than merely 1.48% of stocks we're observing.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Progressive Corp, a group of peers worth examining would be HUM, SNP, ABB, LFC, and ETN.
- PGR's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Progressive Corp's official web site, go to www.progressive.com.
PGR Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
PGR Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$103.80||52-week high||$104.06|
|Prev. close||$103.13||52-week low||$71.25|
|Day high||$104.06||Avg. volume||2,849,096|
|50-day MA||$94.98||Dividend yield||0.39%|
|200-day MA||$93.30||Market Cap||60.74B|
Progressive Corporation (The) (PGR) Company Bio
Progressive Corporation provides insurance for personal and commercial autos and trucks, motorcycles, boats, recreational vehicles, and homes. The company was founded in 1937 and is based in Mayfield Village, Ohio.
PGR Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
Below please find a table outlining a discounted cash flow forecast for PGR, in which we model out valuation assuming a variety of terminal growth rates. To summarize, we found that Progressive Corp ranked in the 72th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. Specifically, our DCF analysis implies the stock is trading below its fair value by an estimated 119%. The most interesting components of our discounted cash flow analysis for Progressive Corp ended up being:
- PGR's estimated cost of debt, based largely on its market capitalization and its interest coverage ratio, is 3%; for context, that number is higher than 37.7% of tickers in our DCF set.
- Relative to other stocks in its sector (Financial Services), Progressive Corp has a reliance on debt greater than merely 21.25% of them.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
PGR Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
PGR Latest Social Stream
View Full PGR Social Stream
Latest PGR News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Progressive Corp that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate PGR as an investment opportunity.
The Progressive Corporation (PGR) Q1 2021 Earnings Conference Call May 5, 2021 10:00 AM ET Company Participants Doug Constantine – Director-Investor Relations Tricia Griffith – President and Chief Executive Officer John Sauerland – Chief Financial Officer Conference Call Participants Elyse Greenspan – Wells Fargo Greg Peters – Raymond James Michael...
To say that insurance policies don't always make for a thrilling read would be quite the understatement. That could contribute to why so many insurance companies have classically leaned into adorable mascots and humor for their advertisements. Yet, more than two decades after the debut of the Geico Gecko and Progressive's Flo, companies are looking…
MAYFIELD VILLAGE, OHIO, April 28, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- As previously announced, The Progressive Corporation (NYSE: PGR) will host an Investor Relations conference call on Wednesday, May 5, 2021, beginning at 10:00 a.m. eastern time. Consistent with prior Investor Relations calls, this quarterly call, which will consist of both a conference call and an audio only webcast, is scheduled to last 60 minutes and will include a question and answer session with Tricia Griffith, our CEO, and John Sauerland, our CFO. Call-in participants will be able to ask questions via the phone. The webcast will be in a listen-only format and, therefore, participants will not be able to submit questions. On May 4, 2021, Progressive expects to file its Quarterly Report on Form 10-Q with the Securities and E...
Giverny Capital, an investment management firm, published its first quarter 2021 investor letter – a copy of which can be downloaded here. A net return of 8.68% was delivered by the fund for the Q1 of 2021, outperforming its benchmark that delivered a 6.17% gain in the same period. You can view the fund’s top […]
If you want to know who really controls The Progressive Corporation ( NYSE:PGR ), then you'll have to look at the...
PGR Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|