Progress Software Corporation (PRGS): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
PRGS POWR Grades
- Quality is the dimension where PRGS ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 97.2% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for PRGS is in Value, which has been heading up over the past 31 weeks.
- PRGS's current lowest rank is in the Momentum metric (where it is better than 24.91% of US stocks).
PRGS Stock Summary
- PRGS's went public 29.99 years ago, making it older than 83.07% of listed US stocks we're tracking.
- With a year-over-year growth in debt of 88.41%, Progress Software Corp's debt growth rate surpasses 90.19% of about US stocks.
- The volatility of Progress Software Corp's share price is greater than that of merely 5.92% US stocks with at least 200 days of trading history.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to Progress Software Corp are LNN, TNET, BHE, TTEK, and ACA.
- Visit PRGS's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.progress.com.
PRGS Valuation Summary
- PRGS's price/sales ratio is 4; this is 23.08% lower than that of the median Technology stock.
- Over the past 243 months, PRGS's EV/EBIT ratio has gone up 7.2.
- PRGS's price/sales ratio has moved up 1.8 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for PRGS.
PRGS Growth Metrics
- Its 3 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at -46.93%.
- Its 2 year revenue growth rate is now at 8.18%.
- Its 3 year revenue growth rate is now at 1.82%.
The table below shows PRGS's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
PRGS Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
PRGS Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$45.65||52-week high||$49.23|
|Prev. close||$46.05||52-week low||$34.05|
|Day high||$46.17||Avg. volume||379,831|
|50-day MA||$45.70||Dividend yield||1.52%|
|200-day MA||$43.52||Market Cap||2.00B|
Progress Software Corporation (PRGS) Company Bio
Progress Software is a global software company that simplifies the development, deployment and management of business applications. The Company's products provide solutions for rapid application development, broad data integration and efficient data analysis. The company was founded in 1981 and is based in Bedford, Massachusetts.
PRGS Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
We started the process of determining a valid price forecast for Progress Software Corp with a discounted cash flow analysis -- the results of which can be found in the table below. To summarize, we found that Progress Software Corp ranked in the 45th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. Our DCF analysis suggests the stock is overvalued by about 30%. As for the metrics that stood out in our discounted cash flow analysis of Progress Software Corp, consider:
- In the past 5.75 years, Progress Software Corp has a compound free cash flow growth rate of 0.05%; that's better than only 21.63% of cash flow producing equities in the Technology sector, where it is classified.
- Progress Software Corp's weighted average cost of capital (WACC) is 9%; for context, that number is higher than only 23.13% of tickers in our DCF set.
- Progress Software Corp's interest coverage rate -- a measure of gross earnings relative to interest payments -- comes in at 10.51. This coverage rate is greater than that of 71.38% of stocks we're observing for the purpose of forecasting via discounted cash flows.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
PRGS Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
PRGS Latest Social Stream
View Full PRGS Social Stream
Latest PRGS News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Progress Software Corp that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate PRGS as an investment opportunity.
The latest 13F reporting period has come and gone, and Insider Monkey is again at the forefront when it comes to making use of this gold mine of data. Insider Monkey finished processing 866 13F filings submitted by hedge funds and prominent investors. These filings show these funds’ portfolio positions as of March 31st, 2020. […]
Progress MOVEit Cloud enables customers to easily meet compliance requirements for data collection, file transfer and security BEDFORD, Mass., July 13, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Progress (NASDAQ: PRGS), the leading provider of products to develop, deploy, and manage high-impact business applications, today announced that Progress® MOVEit® Cloud, the first enterprise-class, cloud-based, Managed File Transfer (MFT) software, is now available via Microsoft Azure in the UK and Australia to help busin
Database Gateway Market | Company Challenges And Essential Success Factors- Alibaba, Oracle, SAP, Progress Software, Magic Software, Microsoft, Amazon, Tencent, IBM
Database Gateway Market study by Marketreports.info provides details about the market dynamics affecting the Database Gateway market, Market scope, Market segmentation and overlays shadow upon the leading market players highlighting the favorable competitive landscape and trends prevailing over the years. An exclusive Database Gateway Market research report provides depth analysis of the market dynamics 
Enterprise Service Bus Market increasing demand with Industry Professionals: Fiorano Software Inc., Progress Software Corporation, IBM Corporation, Software AG
JCMR recently announced Enterprise Service Bus market survey which covers overall in-depth study including additional study on COVID-19 impacted market situation on Global Enterprise Service Bus Market. The Research Article Entitled Global Enterprise Service Bus Market provides very useful reviews & strategic assessment including the generic market trends, Enterprise Service Bus upcoming & innovative technologies, 
1,200 developers gathered over a 6-week period to build apps that make the world a better place and for the chance to win $40,000 in cash and prizes BEDFORD, Mass., July 08, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Progress (NASDAQ: PRGS), the leading provider of products to develop, deploy and manage high-impact business applications, today announced the winners of its global hackathon, The Worthy Web. The six-week virtual competition attracted nearly 1,200 participants from 83 countries who submitted 52 proje
PRGS Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching PRGSWant to do more research on Progress Software Corp's stock and its price? Try the links below:
Progress Software Corp (PRGS) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Progress Software Corp (PRGS) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Progress Software Corp (PRGS) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch