Progress Software Corporation (PRGS): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
PRGS POWR Grades
- PRGS scores best on the Quality dimension, with a Quality rank ahead of 96.66% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for PRGS is in Value, which has been heading down over the past 177 days.
- PRGS's current lowest rank is in the Momentum metric (where it is better than 19.4% of US stocks).
PRGS Stock Summary
- With a one year PEG ratio of 357.24, PROGRESS SOFTWARE CORP is expected to have a higher PEG ratio (a measure of how expensive a stock is relative to its expected earnings growth) than 92.86% of US stocks.
- PRGS's went public 31.5 years ago, making it older than 84.99% of listed US stocks we're tracking.
- The volatility of PROGRESS SOFTWARE CORP's share price is greater than that of just 11% US stocks with at least 200 days of trading history.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to PROGRESS SOFTWARE CORP are NTCT, DIOD, ATEN, MDRX, and HRMY.
- PRGS's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit PROGRESS SOFTWARE CORP's official web site, go to www.progress.com.
PRGS Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Technology stock, PRGS's price/earnings ratio is 2.35% higher, now standing at 26.1.
- PRGS's price/sales ratio has moved up 2.1 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for PRGS.
PRGS Growth Metrics
- Its 4 year price growth rate is now at 18.86%.
- The 2 year net income to common stockholders growth rate now stands at 109.67%.
- The 4 year cash and equivalents growth rate now stands at -32.98%.
The table below shows PRGS's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
PRGS's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- PRGS has a Quality Grade of A, ranking ahead of 97.95% of graded US stocks.
- PRGS's asset turnover comes in at 0.448 -- ranking 344th of 561 Business Services stocks.
- BOX, CCO, and UPLD are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with PRGS.
The table below shows PRGS's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
PRGS Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
PRGS Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$52.83||52-week high||$54.23|
|Prev. close||$52.80||52-week low||$40.33|
|Day high||$52.99||Avg. volume||276,450|
|50-day MA||$51.88||Dividend yield||1.33%|
|200-day MA||$48.35||Market Cap||2.27B|
Progress Software Corporation (PRGS) Company Bio
Dedicated to propelling business forward in a technology-driven world, Progress helps businesses drive faster cycles of innovation, fuel momentum and accelerate their path to success. As the trusted provider of the best products to develop, deploy and manage high-impact applications, Progress enables customers to develop the applications and experiences they need, deploy where and how they want and manage it all safely and securely. Hundreds of thousands of enterprises, including 1,700 software companies and 3.5 million developers, depend on Progress to achieve their goals—with confidence.
Most Popular Stories View All
PRGS Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
PRGS Latest Social Stream
View Full PRGS Social Stream
Latest PRGS News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about PROGRESS SOFTWARE CORP that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate PRGS as an investment opportunity.
Progress Software Corporation ( NASDAQ:PRGS ) has announced that it will pay a dividend of $0.175 per share on the 15th...
NEW YORK (AP) — Stocks that traded heavily or had substantial price changes Wednesday: Moderna Inc., up $6.33 to $197.02. The drugmaker gave investors an encouraging update on a potential vaccine against respiratory syncytial virus. PNC Financial Services Group Inc., down $9.78 to $152.07. The bank''s fourth-quarter earnings fell short of Wall Street forecasts. Big 5 Sporting Goods Corp., down 88 cents to $9.36. The sporting goods retailer warned investors that inflation sapped its fourth-quarter revenue. Microsoft Corp., down $4.54 to $235.81. The technology giant is cutting 10,000 workers, or almost 5% of its workforce. Charles Schwab Corp., down $2.11 to $81.38. The financial services company reported weak fourth-quarter earnings. Hess Corp., down 89 cents to $150.76. Energy stocks s...
Progress Software Corporation (NASDAQ:PRGS) Q4 2022 Earnings Call Transcript January 17, 2023 Operator: Good day, and welcome to the Progress Software Corporation Q4 2022 Earnings Call. At this time, all participants are in a listen-only mode. After the speaker presentation, there will be a question-and-answer session. Please be advised that today’s conference is being recorded. […]
Progress Software's (PRGS) fourth-quarter fiscal 2022 results benefit from strong demand for Chef, OpenEdge, DataDirect and Sitefinity solutions.
PRGS Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching PRGSWant to do more research on Progress Software Corp's stock and its price? Try the links below:
Progress Software Corp (PRGS) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Progress Software Corp (PRGS) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Progress Software Corp (PRGS) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch