Progress Software Corporation (PRGS): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
PRGS POWR Grades
- Quality is the dimension where PRGS ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 97.97% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for PRGS is in Momentum, which has been heading down over the past 52 weeks.
- PRGS's current lowest rank is in the Momentum metric (where it is better than 36.93% of US stocks).
PRGS Stock Summary
- PRGS's went public 30.24 years ago, making it older than 82.98% of listed US stocks we're tracking.
- With a year-over-year growth in debt of 89.52%, Progress Software Corp's debt growth rate surpasses 91.03% of about US stocks.
- The volatility of Progress Software Corp's share price is greater than that of just 5.08% US stocks with at least 200 days of trading history.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to PRGS, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are NTCT, DIOD, LTRX, ASTC, and SWIR.
- Visit PRGS's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.progress.com.
PRGS Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Technology stock, PRGS's price/sales ratio is 18.87% lower, now standing at 4.3.
- Over the past 243 months, PRGS's price/earnings ratio has gone up 2.6.
- PRGS's EV/EBIT ratio has moved up 8.6 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for PRGS.
PRGS Growth Metrics
- Its 2 year price growth rate is now at -6.29%.
- The 4 year price growth rate now stands at 41.22%.
- Its 3 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 27.03%.
The table below shows PRGS's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
PRGS's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- PRGS has a Quality Grade of A, ranking ahead of 97.97% of graded US stocks.
- PRGS's asset turnover comes in at 0.448 -- ranking 345th of 560 Business Services stocks.
- IPG, BOX, and CCO are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with PRGS.
The table below shows PRGS's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
PRGS Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
PRGS Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$51.15||52-week high||$53.86|
|Prev. close||$50.65||52-week low||$35.63|
|Day high||$51.62||Avg. volume||367,959|
|50-day MA||$47.37||Dividend yield||1.37%|
|200-day MA||$45.40||Market Cap||2.24B|
Progress Software Corporation (PRGS) Company Bio
Progress Software is a global software company that simplifies the development, deployment and management of business applications. The Company's products provide solutions for rapid application development, broad data integration and efficient data analysis. The company was founded in 1981 and is based in Bedford, Massachusetts.
Most Popular Stories View All
PRGS Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
PRGS Latest Social Stream
View Full PRGS Social Stream
Latest PRGS News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Progress Software Corp that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate PRGS as an investment opportunity.
If you’ve ever wondered how to gain exposure to tech private equity-style investing, I’d argue that the closest approximation of replicating that strategy among publicly traded stocks is Progress Software (PRGS). Progress is a major anomaly among other small/mid-cap software companies. It isn’t exactly a technology company in itself. While...
With Progress Sitefinity, leading German fashion brand manages content and commerce at once, improving its SEO score BEDFORD, Mass., Oct. 12, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Progress (NASDAQ: PRGS), the leading provider of products to develop, deploy and manage high-impact applications, today announced that the German lifestyle fashion brand Tom Tailor selected the Progress® Sitefinity® Digital Experience Platform (DXP) to supplement its physical brick-and-mortar experience digitally, due to COVID-19.
Progress Software (PRGS) is an American company whose products are used by developers to build and deploy business apps. It serves a community of three million developers working on commercial and open-source projects. (See Analysts’ Top Stocks on TipRanks) Let’s take a look at the company’s latest financial performance, corporate updates, and changes in risk factors. Fiscal Q3 Financial Results and 2021 Outlook Progress Software reported a 38% year-over-year increase in adjusted revenue to $152.6 million for its Fiscal 2021 third-quarter ended August 31. That beat the consensus estimate of $131 million. Adjusted EPS of $1.18 improved from $0.
Proginov’s leading ERP software now includes data management, data protection and exceptional user experience BEDFORD, Mass., Oct. 11, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Progress (NASDAQ: PRGS), the leading provider of products to develop, deploy and manage high-impact applications, today announced that it has expanded its long-term partnership with Proginov, a leading enterprise resource planning (ERP) and cloud hosting provider in France. As part of the partnership, Proginov is leveraging Progress® Open
Event will bring together more than 250 global partners for two days of keynotes, breakout sessions, networking opportunities and best practices for building applications of tomorrowBEDFORD, Mass., Oct. 08, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Progress (NASDAQ: PRGS), the leading provider of products to develop, deploy and manage high-impact applications, today announced that it will host Progress Accelerated ’21, the exclusive, virtual partner event taking place from October 12-13. Through dedicated techni
PRGS Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching PRGSWant to do more research on Progress Software Corp's stock and its price? Try the links below:
Progress Software Corp (PRGS) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Progress Software Corp (PRGS) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Progress Software Corp (PRGS) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch