Progress Software Corporation (PRGS): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
PRGS POWR Grades
- Quality is the dimension where PRGS ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 97.43% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for PRGS is in Value, which has been heading up over the past 206 days.
- PRGS's current lowest rank is in the Momentum metric (where it is better than 24.84% of US stocks).
PRGS Stock Summary
- Progress Software Corp's stock had its IPO on August 5, 1991, making it an older stock than 83.34% of US equities in our set.
- Over the past twelve months, PRGS has reported earnings growth of 93.55%, putting it ahead of 84.52% of US stocks in our set.
- The volatility of Progress Software Corp's share price is greater than that of just 12.15% US stocks with at least 200 days of trading history.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Progress Software Corp, a group of peers worth examining would be HAE, CSGS, EGY, LNN, and BHE.
- Visit PRGS's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.progress.com.
PRGS Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
PRGS Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$44.32||52-week high||$49.23|
|Prev. close||$44.27||52-week low||$34.05|
|Day high||$44.44||Avg. volume||387,848|
|50-day MA||$44.54||Dividend yield||1.58%|
|200-day MA||$41.34||Market Cap||1.95B|
Progress Software Corporation (PRGS) Company Bio
Progress Software is a global software company that simplifies the development, deployment and management of business applications. The Company's products provide solutions for rapid application development, broad data integration and efficient data analysis. The company was founded in 1981 and is based in Bedford, Massachusetts.
PRGS Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
We started the process of determining a valid price forecast for Progress Software Corp with a discounted cash flow analysis -- the results of which can be found in the table below. To summarize, we found that Progress Software Corp ranked in the 45th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. We should note, though, that the most conservative analysis suggests this stock will yield negative results -- and thus may be a potential short opportunity. The most interesting components of our discounted cash flow analysis for Progress Software Corp ended up being:
- The compound growth rate in the free cash flow of Progress Software Corp over the past 5.75 years is 0.05%; that's better than only 22.68% of cash flow producing equities in the Technology sector, where it is classified.
- Progress Software Corp's weighted average cost of capital (WACC) is 9%; for context, that number is higher than merely 19.29% of tickers in our DCF set.
- Progress Software Corp's interest coverage rate -- a measure of gross earnings relative to interest payments -- comes in at 10.51. This coverage rate is greater than that of 72.77% of stocks we're observing for the purpose of forecasting via discounted cash flows.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
PRGS Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
PRGS Latest Social Stream
View Full PRGS Social Stream
Latest PRGS News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Progress Software Corp that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate PRGS as an investment opportunity.
Photo by fourSage/iStock via Getty Images Progress Software Corporation (PRGS) offers intriguing upside potential based on accretive mergers and acquisitions in the DevSecOps market domain coupled with internal research & development investments. This growth potential is an opportunity for conservative investors to gain exposure to the technology and software sector...
BEDFORD, Mass., May 13, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Progress (NASDAQ: PRGS), the leading provider of products to develop, deploy and manage high-impact business applications, today announced that CEO Yogesh Gupta will present and host one-on-one investor meetings at the 16th Annual Needham Technology & Media Conference, which will be held virtually. He will provide an update on market drivers for Progress. Event details:When: May 17, 2021Time: 11:00-11:40 a.m. ETLink: https://wsw.com/webcast/needham108/prgs/2274612 The Needham Technology & Media Conference is scheduled for May 17-20, 2021 and will feature presentations from more than 350 public and private companies, arranged in the following formats: one-on-one meetings, small group meetings, fireside chats, general presentations and keyn...
100 Native UI Components for Angular and 60+ New Enhancements Now Available in Latest Release of Progress Kendo UI
Progress Telerik R2 2021 provides new UI controls for WinUI, support for latest .NET preview and new reporting capabilities BEDFORD, Mass., May 12, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Progress (NASDAQ: PRGS), the leading provider of products to develop, deploy and manage high-impact business applications, today announced the R2 2021 release of Progress® Telerik®, the most powerful .NET developer tools collection available. With this release, Progress now provides over 75 native components for Microsoft Blazor, making it the largest UI component library for Blazor available. Progress also announced expansion of its already growing UI library for Microsoft WinUI and support for the newest .NET 6 preview. “We continue to drive innovation in the .NET space, building on our almost 20 years of experienc...
Progress WhatsUp Gold receives multiple awards and outstanding customer reviews for product quality, ROI and market presence BEDFORD, Mass., April 29, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Progress (NASDAQ: PRGS), the leading provider of products to develop, deploy and manage high-impact business applications, today announced that the award-winning network monitoring software, Progress® WhatsUp® Gold, has been recognized as a Leader in G2’s Winter 2021 Grid® Report for Network Management, ranking first out of 18 vendors. G2 is a trusted source of unbiased information that helps business professionals make informed technology decisions through over a million peer reviews. The G2 Grid annual reports are based on user reviews and data collected from various online sources and social networks. Products ...
PRGS Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching PRGSWant to do more research on Progress Software Corp's stock and its price? Try the links below:
Progress Software Corp (PRGS) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Progress Software Corp (PRGS) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Progress Software Corp (PRGS) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch