Progress Software Corporation (PRGS): Price and Financial Metrics
PRGS Stock Summary
- PRGS's went public 29.58 years ago, making it older than 82.93% of listed US stocks we're tracking.
- In terms of twelve month growth in earnings before interest and taxes, Progress Software Corp is reporting a growth rate of 178.08%; that's higher than 91.84% of US stocks.
- In terms of volatility of its share price, PRGS is more volatile than only 14.14% of stocks we're observing.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to PRGS, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are DIOD, NTCT, NOVT, PCTI, and WIFI.
- PRGS's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Progress Software Corp's official web site, go to www.progress.com.
PRGS Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
PRGS Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$42.54||52-week high||$49.23|
|Prev. close||$43.98||52-week low||$28.09|
|Day high||$44.17||Avg. volume||363,332|
|50-day MA||$43.89||Dividend yield||1.65%|
|200-day MA||$39.54||Market Cap||1.88B|
Progress Software Corporation (PRGS) Company Bio
Progress Software is a global software company that simplifies the development, deployment and management of business applications. The Company's products provide solutions for rapid application development, broad data integration and efficient data analysis. The company was founded in 1981 and is based in Bedford, Massachusetts.
PRGS Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
The table below illustrates the output of a discounted cash flow forecast using a variety of scenarios for Progress Software Corp. To summarize, we found that Progress Software Corp ranked in the 42th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. Our DCF analysis suggests the stock is overvalued by about 35.67%. As for the metrics that stood out in our discounted cash flow analysis of Progress Software Corp, consider:
- The compound growth rate in the free cash flow of Progress Software Corp over the past 5.81 years is 0.04%; that's better than just 21.56% of cash flow producing equities in the Technology sector, where it is classified.
- Progress Software Corp's weighted average cost of capital (WACC) is 9%; for context, that number is higher than merely 20.89% of tickers in our DCF set.
- PRGS's estimated cost of debt, based largely on its market capitalization and its interest coverage ratio, is 3%; for context, that number is higher than merely 20.89% of tickers in our DCF set.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
PRGS Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
PRGS Latest Social Stream
View Full PRGS Social Stream
Latest PRGS News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Progress Software Corp that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate PRGS as an investment opportunity.
Some investors rely on dividends for growing their wealth, and if you're one of those dividend sleuths, you might be...
Quinn recognized for his exemplary leadership, influence, innovation and growth for the IT channelBEDFORD, Mass., Feb. 08, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Progress (NASDAQ: PRGS), the leading provider of products to develop, deploy and manage high-impact business applications, today announced that CRN®, a brand of The Channel Company, has named Gary Quinn, SVP, Core Field Organization, to its 2021 list of Channel Chiefs. The prestigious CRN® Channel Chiefs list, released annually, recognizes leading channel executives who continually demonstrate outstanding leadership, influence, innovation and growth. Quinn is responsible for Progress’ go-to-market strategy for its enterprise product portfolio. Quinn was named as one of the channel's most influential leaders based on his proven success in lea...
New release of award-winning network monitoring software adds simple, integrated syslog and Windows log management – all within the same industry-leading interface BEDFORD, Mass., Jan. 26, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Progress (NASDAQ: PRGS), the leading provider of products to develop, deploy and manage high-impact business applications, today announced the latest release of Progress® WhatsUp® Gold, the award-winning network monitoring software. With today’s release, WhatsUp® Gold adds integrated log management, third-party monitoring and management via outbound REST APIs and improved reporting—making it easier than ever to find and troubleshoot problems quickly. Today, networks must be able to handle more traffic moving in more directions from more devices, including physical and virtual ...
Progress Software shares fell, even as two analysts raised their price targets. The company swung to a quarterly profit and issued a mixed outlook.
Stock futures fell Friday as President-elect Joe Biden unveiled a $1.9 trillion Covid-19 relief package and after big U.S. banks kicked off the fourth-quarter earnings season. Here are some of the top movers during premarket trading on Friday.
PRGS Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching PRGSWant to do more research on Progress Software Corp's stock and its price? Try the links below:
Progress Software Corp (PRGS) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Progress Software Corp (PRGS) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Progress Software Corp (PRGS) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch
Get Free Updates
Join thousands of investors who get the latest news, insights and top rated picks from StockNews.com!