Silicon Motion Technology Corp. ADR (SIMO): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
SIMO POWR Grades
- SIMO scores best on the Value dimension, with a Value rank ahead of 93.03% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for SIMO is in Quality, which has been heading down over the past 31 weeks.
- SIMO ranks lowest in Stability; there it ranks in the 34th percentile.
SIMO Stock Summary
- Of note is the ratio of Silicon Motion Technology CORP's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; only 10.6% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- The ratio of debt to operating expenses for Silicon Motion Technology CORP is higher than it is for about just 0.53% of US stocks.
- With a year-over-year growth in debt of -100%, Silicon Motion Technology CORP's debt growth rate surpasses merely 0% of about US stocks.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to SIMO, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are HNNA, SILC, AUTL, GSIT, and LQDA.
- SIMO's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Silicon Motion Technology CORP's official web site, go to www.siliconmotion.com.
SIMO Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Technology stock, SIMO's price/sales ratio is 26.92% lower, now standing at 3.8.
- SIMO's price/sales ratio has moved up 2.4 over the prior 160 months.
- Over the past 160 months, SIMO's price/sales ratio has gone up 2.4.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for SIMO.
SIMO Growth Metrics
- Its 2 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 20.69%.
- The 5 year cash and equivalents growth rate now stands at 83.67%.
- Its 4 year price growth rate is now at 25.76%.
The table below shows SIMO's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
SIMO Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
SIMO Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$76.28||52-week high||$78.27|
|Prev. close||$74.99||52-week low||$35.13|
|Day high||$78.27||Avg. volume||461,606|
|50-day MA||$63.92||Dividend yield||1.85%|
|200-day MA||$56.10||Market Cap||2.66B|
Silicon Motion Technology Corp. ADR (SIMO) Company Bio
Silicon Motion Technology Corporation designs, develops and markets high performance, low-power semiconductor solutions to OEMs and other customers in the mobile storage and mobile communications markets. The company was founded in 1995 and is based in Zhubei City, Taiwan.
SIMO Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
Below please find a table outlining a discounted cash flow forecast for SIMO, in which we model out valuation assuming a variety of terminal growth rates. To summarize, we found that Silicon Motion Technology CORP ranked in the 16th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. We should note, though, that all scenearios modelled for this stock suggest it is overvalued. As for the metrics that stood out in our discounted cash flow analysis of Silicon Motion Technology CORP, consider:
- Interest coverage, a measure of earnings relative to interest payments, is 7,779; that's higher than 99.26% of US stocks in the Technology sector that have positive free cash flow.
- The business' balance sheet reveals debt to be 0% of the company's capital (with equity being the remaining amount). Approximately just 0% of US stocks with free cash flow have a lower reliance on debt in their capital structure.
- SIMO's estimated cost of debt, based largely on its market capitalization and its interest coverage ratio, is 3%; for context, that number is higher than 63.85% of tickers in our DCF set.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
SIMO Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
SIMO Latest Social Stream
View Full SIMO Social Stream
Latest SIMO News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Silicon Motion Technology CORP that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate SIMO as an investment opportunity.
It looks like Silicon Motion Technology Corporation ( NASDAQ:SIMO ) is about to go ex-dividend in the next 3 days...
Silicon Motion Technology: Q2 Non-GAAP EPS of $1.50 beats by $0.21; GAAP EPS of $1.42 beats by $0.25. Revenue of $221.8M (+62.1% Y/Y) beats by $13.62M. Press Release...
Silicon Motion Technology Corporation (SIMO) CEO Wallace Kou on Q2 2021 Results - Earnings Call Transcript
Silicon Motion Technology Corporation (SIMO) Q2 2021 Results Conference Call July 30, 2021 08:00 AM ET Company Participants Chris Chaney - Director, IR and Strategy Wallace Kou - President and CEO Riyadh Lai - CFO Conference Call Participants Ariel Shusterman - Needham and Company Anthony Stoss - Craig-Hallum Craig Ellis...
Potential risks and uncertainties include, but are not limited to, continued competitive pressure in the semiconductor industry and the effect of such pressure on prices, unpredictable changes in technology and consumer demand for multimedia consumer electronics, the state of and any change in our relationship with our major consumers and changes in political, economic, legal and social conditions in Taiwan. And then We'll conclude with a question-and-answer period.
Silicon Motion (SIMO) Q2 results benefit from higher sales of SSD controllers as well as eMMC and UFS controllers.
SIMO Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching SIMOHere are a few links from around the web to help you further your research on Silicon Motion Technology CORP's stock as an investment opportunity:
Silicon Motion Technology CORP (SIMO) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Silicon Motion Technology CORP (SIMO) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Silicon Motion Technology CORP (SIMO) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch