Walmart Inc. (WMT): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
WMT POWR Grades
- Stability is the dimension where WMT ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 91.84% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for WMT is in Growth, which has been heading up over the past 179 days.
- WMT ranks lowest in Momentum; there it ranks in the 39th percentile.
WMT Stock Summary
- WMT has a higher market value than 99.69% of US stocks; more precisely, its current market capitalization is $405,144,514,778.
- The capital turnover (annual revenue relative to shareholder's equity) for WMT is 6.88 -- better than 95.13% of US stocks.
- The volatility of Walmart Inc's share price is greater than that of only 1.58% US stocks with at least 200 days of trading history.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Walmart Inc, a group of peers worth examining would be JPM, PG, MA, BAC, and BHP.
- WMT's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Walmart Inc's official web site, go to www.stock.walmart.com.
WMT Valuation Summary
- WMT's price/earnings ratio is 41.4; this is 82.78% higher than that of the median Consumer Defensive stock.
- Over the past 243 months, WMT's price/sales ratio has gone down 0.3.
- Over the past 243 months, WMT's EV/EBIT ratio has gone up 5.6.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for WMT.
WMT Growth Metrics
- Its 2 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 2.12%.
- Its 4 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 96.52%.
- Its 5 year price growth rate is now at 74.22%.
The table below shows WMT's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
WMT's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- WMT has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 83.83% of graded US stocks.
- WMT's asset turnover comes in at 2.314 -- ranking 29th of 165 Retail stocks.
- TTSH, TKAT, and GCO are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with WMT.
The table below shows WMT's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
WMT Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
WMT Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$121.68||52-week high||$160.77|
|Prev. close||$121.58||52-week low||$117.27|
|Day high||$122.40||Avg. volume||8,815,450|
|50-day MA||$133.63||Dividend yield||1.84%|
|200-day MA||$140.82||Market Cap||333.54B|
Walmart Inc. (WMT) Company Bio
Walmart Inc operates retail stores in various formats under various banners. Its operations are comprised of three reportable business segments, Walmart U.S., Walmart International and Sam's Club in three categories retail, wholesale, and others. Walmart was founded in 1962 when Sam Walton opened the first store in Rogers, Arkansas. Today, Walmart operates approximately 11,443 stores and clubs under 48 banners in 24 countries and eCommerce websites. Over 6100 of those stores are Walmart International , over 4700 Walmart U.S., and 600 are under the Sam’s Club brand name. The company’s current Chief Executive Officer and President is Doug McMillon and there are over 2.3 million Walmart employees around the world.
Most Popular Stories View All
WMT Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
WMT Latest Social Stream
View Full WMT Social Stream
Latest WMT News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Walmart Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate WMT as an investment opportunity.
Walmart+ members can get access to Black Friday-level discounts and pick up a PlayStation 5 with this exclusive sale
Walmart+ members can shop Xbox and PlayStation 5 deals during this exclusive members-only sale. Shop now.
Walmart+: Members can get Xbox and PS5 deals
Walmart Inc''s (NYSE: WMT ) short percent of float has risen 20.99% since its last report. The company recently reported that it has 14.20 million shares sold short , which is 0.98% of all regular shares that are available for trading. Based on its trading volume, it would take traders 1.6 days to cover their short positions on average. Why Short Interest Matters Short interest is the number of shares that have been sold short but have not yet been covered or closed out. Short selling is when a trader sells shares of a company they do not own, with the hope that the price will fall. Traders make money from short selling if the price … Full story available on Benzinga.com
– CIBC, AIR MILES ® , Tim Hortons, and Walmart join CGT as premium sponsors – – Canada''s Got Talent premieres March 22 at 8 p.m. ET/PT on Citytv and Citytv.com, with catch-up available on Citytv Now – Join the conversation: #CGT TORONTO, Feb. 24, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- It''s almost showtime! CIBC, the AIR MILES Reward Program, Tim Hortons, and Walmart take centre stage when Canada''s Got Talent premieres on Tuesday, March 22 at 8 p.m. ET/PT on Citytv and Citytv.com . Audiences tuning in to #CGT will experience the fun and edge-of-your-seat thrills of the competition from the auditions phase right on through to the live two-hour season finale (on May 17) in new and exciting ways. "As we gear up for this exciting talent competition to uncover Canada''s next big superstar, we''re excite...
Tot Squad, a curated marketplace that connects parents with services delivered via video chat or in-person, will be the “expert help.”
WMT Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|