Walmart Inc. (WMT): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
WMT POWR Grades
- Stability is the dimension where WMT ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 97.78% of US stocks.
- WMT's strongest trending metric is Growth; it's been moving down over the last 47 weeks.
- WMT ranks lowest in Growth; there it ranks in the 17th percentile.
WMT Stock Summary
- With a market capitalization of $404,499,493,189, Walmart Inc has a greater market value than 99.69% of US stocks.
- The capital turnover (annual revenue relative to shareholder's equity) for WMT is 7.03 -- better than 95.13% of US stocks.
- In terms of volatility of its share price, WMT is more volatile than only 1.37% of stocks we're observing.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to WMT, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are UNH, PG, MA, BAC, and JPM.
- Visit WMT's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.stock.walmart.com.
WMT Valuation Summary
- WMT's price/earnings ratio is 41.4; this is 82.78% higher than that of the median Consumer Defensive stock.
- Over the past 243 months, WMT's price/sales ratio has gone down 0.3.
- Over the past 243 months, WMT's EV/EBIT ratio has gone up 5.6.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for WMT.
WMT Growth Metrics
- The 2 year cash and equivalents growth rate now stands at 89.35%.
- Its 2 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 67.79%.
- Its year over year price growth rate is now at 14.89%.
The table below shows WMT's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
WMT's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- WMT has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 84.34% of graded US stocks.
- WMT's asset turnover comes in at 2.314 -- ranking 30th of 163 Retail stocks.
- TTSH, TKAT, and KIRK are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with WMT.
The table below shows WMT's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
WMT Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
WMT Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$144.83||52-week high||$153.66|
|Prev. close||$144.55||52-week low||$126.28|
|Day high||$145.23||Avg. volume||8,192,147|
|50-day MA||$145.38||Dividend yield||1.52%|
|200-day MA||$141.66||Market Cap||403.86B|
Walmart Inc. (WMT) Company Bio
Walmart Inc operates retail stores in various formats under various banners. Its operations are comprised of three reportable business segments, Walmart U.S., Walmart International and Sam's Club in three categories retail, wholesale, and others. Walmart was founded in 1962 when Sam Walton opened the first store in Rogers, Arkansas. Today, Walmart operates approximately 11,443 stores and clubs under 48 banners in 24 countries and eCommerce websites. Over 6100 of those stores are Walmart International , over 4700 Walmart U.S., and 600 are under the Sam’s Club brand name. The company’s current Chief Executive Officer and President is Doug McMillon and there are over 2.3 million Walmart employees around the world.
Most Popular Stories View All
WMT Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
WMT Latest Social Stream
View Full WMT Social Stream
Latest WMT News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Walmart Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate WMT as an investment opportunity.
(Bloomberg) -- Walmart Inc. and a press-release distributor are investigating a hoax tying the retailer to a supposed cryptocurrency deal after an announcement, later determined to be false, caused a short-lived surge in Litecoin through a highly unregulated market. According to the release on GlobeNewswire at 9:30 a.m. in New York, Walmart would start letting its customers pay with Litecoin, a relatively obscure instrument that isn’t among the top 10 cryptocurrencies, according to CoinMarketCap
The blockchain platform Cardano rolled out an upgrade that will allow users to create so-called smart contracts.
Cryptocurrency may be the financial wave of the future, but it sure wasn't a favored asset class on Monday. In a lowering-tide-sinks-all-boats situation, slumping cryptocurrency prices negatively affected the stock of Coinbase Global (NASDAQ: COIN), dragging the company's share price down by more than 2% on the day. The most direct factor in the decline of cryptocurrencies Monday seems to have been a fake news release regarding Litecoin (CRYPTO: LTC), a relatively popular and well-established altcoin, and monster retailer Walmart (NYSE: WMT).
The supermarket chain boosted its outlook again.
* Slew of U.S. data this week ahead of next week's Fed meeting * Euro/dollar hits two-week low * Walmart says news on litecoin was fake (Adds comments, Litecoin, updates prices) By Gertrude Chavez-Dreyfuss NEW YORK, Sept 13 (Reuters) - The dollar climbed to a two-week peak against a basket of currencies on Monday, bolstered by expectations the U.S. Federal Reserve could reduce its asset purchases by the end of the year despite a surge in COVID-19 cases. The greenback, however, came off its highs in afternoon trading.
WMT Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|