Walmart Inc. (WMT): Price and Financial Metrics
WMT Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$154.43||52-week high||$169.94|
|Prev. close||$155.73||52-week low||$136.09|
|Day high||$155.83||Avg. volume||6,108,631|
|50-day MA||$160.29||Dividend yield||1.48%|
|200-day MA||$154.59||Market Cap||415.76B|
WMT Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
WMT POWR Grades
- WMT scores best on the Stability dimension, with a Stability rank ahead of 93.64% of US stocks.
- WMT's strongest trending metric is Stability; it's been moving down over the last 177 days.
- WMT ranks lowest in Growth; there it ranks in the 42nd percentile.
WMT Stock Summary
- WMT has a higher market value than 99.71% of US stocks; more precisely, its current market capitalization is $415,519,349,721.
- The capital turnover (annual revenue relative to shareholder's equity) for WMT is 8.04 -- better than 95.26% of US stocks.
- In terms of volatility of its share price, WMT is more volatile than only 4.49% of stocks we're observing.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to WALMART INC, a group of peers worth examining would be MA, JPM, PG, UNH, and V.
- WMT's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit WALMART INC's official web site, go to www.stock.walmart.com.
WMT Valuation Summary
- WMT's price/earnings ratio is 25.7; this is 29.47% higher than that of the median Consumer Defensive stock.
- WMT's price/sales ratio has moved down 0.2 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for WMT.
WMT Growth Metrics
- Its 3 year revenue growth rate is now at 11.71%.
- The 5 year price growth rate now stands at 55.07%.
- Its 2 year price growth rate is now at 1.5%.
The table below shows WMT's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
WMT's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- WMT has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 83.83% of graded US stocks.
- WMT's asset turnover comes in at 2.314 -- ranking 29th of 165 Retail stocks.
- TTSH, TKAT, and GCO are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with WMT.
The table below shows WMT's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
Walmart Inc. (WMT) Company Bio
Walmart Inc operates retail stores in various formats under various banners. Its operations are comprised of three reportable business segments, Walmart U.S., Walmart International and Sam's Club in three categories retail, wholesale, and others. Walmart was founded in 1962 when Sam Walton opened the first store in Rogers, Arkansas. Today, Walmart operates approximately 11,443 stores and clubs under 48 banners in 24 countries and eCommerce websites. Over 6100 of those stores are Walmart International , over 4700 Walmart U.S., and 600 are under the Sam’s Club brand name. The company’s current Chief Executive Officer and President is Doug McMillon and there are over 2.3 million Walmart employees around the world.
WMT Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
WMT Latest Social Stream
View Full WMT Social Stream
Latest WMT News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about WALMART INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate WMT as an investment opportunity.
Escape the winter chill by investing in these dividend stocks, and let solid returns and a consistent yield fill your holiday stocking.
The retail superstore spoke on its advertising practices following the Tesla and X CEO's fiery comments.
Coming up with a last-minute holiday gift can be stressful. Here are 10 quick ideas that may spark your imagination.
Last month was a much-needed win for the stock market. When all was said and done the Dow Jones Industrial Average (DJINDICES: ^DJI) gained nearly 9% in November, reversing a nasty downtrend and reaching a new multi-month high in the process. Not every Dow stock followed suit, though.
Are you looking to reduce your risk as an investor?
WMT Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|