Walmart Inc. (WMT): Price and Financial Metrics
WMT Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$154.34||52-week high||$169.94|
|Prev. close||$155.69||52-week low||$136.09|
|Day high||$155.61||Avg. volume||6,105,282|
|50-day MA||$160.76||Dividend yield||1.46%|
|200-day MA||$154.46||Market Cap||415.42B|
WMT Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
WMT POWR Grades
- WMT scores best on the Sentiment dimension, with a Sentiment rank ahead of 96.65% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for WMT is in Growth, which has been heading up over the past 177 days.
- WMT ranks lowest in Value; there it ranks in the 65th percentile.
WMT Stock Summary
- WMT has a higher market value than 99.71% of US stocks; more precisely, its current market capitalization is $447,310,996,232.
- WALMART INC's capital turnover -- a measure of revenue relative to shareholder's equity -- is better than 95.29% of US listed stocks.
- In terms of volatility of its share price, WMT is more volatile than merely 5.27% of stocks we're observing.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to WALMART INC, a group of peers worth examining would be JPM, UNH, MA, PG, and V.
- WMT's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit WALMART INC's official web site, go to www.stock.walmart.com.
WMT Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Consumer Defensive stock, WMT's price/earnings ratio is 58% higher, now standing at 31.6.
- Over the past 243 months, WMT's EV/EBIT ratio has gone up 2.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for WMT.
WMT Growth Metrics
- Its 3 year revenue growth rate is now at 11.71%.
- The 5 year price growth rate now stands at 55.07%.
- Its 2 year price growth rate is now at 1.5%.
The table below shows WMT's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
WMT's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- WMT has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 83.83% of graded US stocks.
- WMT's asset turnover comes in at 2.314 -- ranking 29th of 165 Retail stocks.
- TTSH, TKAT, and GCO are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with WMT.
The table below shows WMT's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
Walmart Inc. (WMT) Company Bio
Walmart Inc operates retail stores in various formats under various banners. Its operations are comprised of three reportable business segments, Walmart U.S., Walmart International and Sam's Club in three categories retail, wholesale, and others. Walmart was founded in 1962 when Sam Walton opened the first store in Rogers, Arkansas. Today, Walmart operates approximately 11,443 stores and clubs under 48 banners in 24 countries and eCommerce websites. Over 6100 of those stores are Walmart International , over 4700 Walmart U.S., and 600 are under the Sam’s Club brand name. The company’s current Chief Executive Officer and President is Doug McMillon and there are over 2.3 million Walmart employees around the world.
WMT Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
WMT Latest Social Stream
View Full WMT Social Stream
Latest WMT News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about WALMART INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate WMT as an investment opportunity.
In this article, we discuss 15 best income stocks to invest in. You can skip our detailed analysis of income stocks and the performance of dividend stocks in the past, and go directly to read 5 Best Income Stocks To Invest In. On November 22, the U.S. stock market closed with gains, driven by the positive […]
Thanksgiving is around the corner, and most importantly for some consumers, Black Friday will follow -- an event many have been waiting for with trepidation. Experts: Here's Why Nearly Every Purchase...
Corporate America is talking less about a recession, a development that is in line with economist forecasts that have revised out the likelihood of recession in the year ahead.
Investors would be wise to steer clear of these well-known blue chip stocks until management can regain the upper hand.
Belying more optimistic surveys, retailers in recent weeks have expressed modest holiday sales expectations amid a slowing U.S. economy.
WMT Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|