Marathon Oil Corporation (MRO): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
MRO POWR Grades
- MRO scores best on the Momentum dimension, with a Momentum rank ahead of 99.98% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for MRO is in Quality, which has been heading up over the past 163 days.
- MRO's current lowest rank is in the Stability metric (where it is better than 8.97% of US stocks).
MRO Stock Summary
- With a one year PEG ratio of 296.45, Marathon Oil Corp is expected to have a higher PEG ratio (a measure of how expensive a stock is relative to its expected earnings growth) than 91.45% of US stocks.
- MRO's went public 36.08 years ago, making it older than 92.74% of listed US stocks we're tracking.
- Of note is the ratio of Marathon Oil Corp's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; merely 3.79% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Marathon Oil Corp, a group of peers worth examining would be VNOM, PBA, CSR, NEN, and HNRG.
- Visit MRO's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.marathonoil.com.
MRO Valuation Summary
- MRO's price/sales ratio is 2.4; this is 60% higher than that of the median Energy stock.
- MRO's EV/EBIT ratio has moved down 49.5 over the prior 243 months.
- MRO's price/sales ratio has moved up 2.2 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for MRO.
MRO Growth Metrics
- The 4 year revenue growth rate now stands at 3.24%.
- The 3 year net income to common stockholders growth rate now stands at 139.14%.
- Its year over year price growth rate is now at 108.71%.
The table below shows MRO's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
MRO's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- MRO has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 82.94% of graded US stocks.
- MRO's asset turnover comes in at 0.209 -- ranking 105th of 136 Petroleum and Natural Gas stocks.
- CVX, XOM, and BDCO are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with MRO.
The table below shows MRO's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
MRO Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
MRO Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$18.10||52-week high||$20.01|
|Prev. close||$18.68||52-week low||$7.20|
|Day high||$18.50||Avg. volume||19,225,600|
|50-day MA||$16.62||Dividend yield||1.33%|
|200-day MA||$13.81||Market Cap||14.09B|
Marathon Oil Corporation (MRO) Company Bio
Marathon Oil Corp is an exploration and production company. It focuses on producing crude oil and condensate, natural gas liquids and natural gas as well as bitumen from oil sands deposits. In 2011, Marathon Oil spun off from Marathon Petroleum Corporation becoming an independent exploration and production company. The company has operations in four of the oil rich basins in the United States – the Eagle Ford Basin, the Bakken Basin, the STACK/SCOOP basin, and the Permian Basin. Marathon Oil employs just under 1,700 individuals and is headquartered in Houston, Texas. Lee Tillman serves as President and Chief Executive Officer.
Most Popular Stories View All
MRO Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
MRO Latest Social Stream
View Full MRO Social Stream
Latest MRO News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Marathon Oil Corp that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate MRO as an investment opportunity.
Investment company WC Walker & Associates, Inc. (Current Portfolio) buys iShares Russell 1000 ETF, iShares TIPS Bond ETF, Agilon Health Inc, Invesco NASDAQ 100 ETF, Vanguard Total Stock Market ETF, sells ARK Innovation ETF, Zoom Video Communications Inc, PayPal Holdings Inc, Laboratory Corp of America Holdings, Shopify Inc during the 3-months ended 2021Q4, according to the most recent filings of the investment company, WC Walker & Associates, Inc..
Marathon Oil Corp. (MRO) explores, produces, and markets liquid hydrocarbons and natural gas. It operates through these two segments: United States (U.S.) and International. The U.S. segment is involved in oil and gas exploration, development, and production activities in the United States. The International segment engages in oil and gas development and production across international locations, mostly in Equatorial Guinea and the United Kingdom. I am bearish on MRO stock. Its sales growth has been in decline, the company turned unprofitable in 2020, and its financial health is moderate. The dividend yield is also not impressive.
Memphis, TN, based Investment company Reliant Investment Management, LLC (Current Portfolio) buys NV5 Global Inc, General Motors Co, Marathon Oil Corp, Halliburton Co, Boeing Co, sells Sysco Corp, Freeport-McMoRan Inc, Nucor Corp, International Business Machines Corp, Chevron Corp during the 3-months ended 2021Q4, according to the most recent filings of the investment company, Reliant Investment Management, LLC.
Investment company RiverTree Advisors, LLC (Current Portfolio) buys First Trust TCW Unconstrained Plus Bond ETF, Pacer Lunt Large Cap Alternator ETF, iShares Core Aggressive Allocation ETF, Pacer Lunt Large Cap Multi-Factor Alternator ETF, PowerShares QQQ Trust Ser 1, sells ISHARES TRUST, Innovator U.S.
Kinder Morgan, Schlumberger, Marathon Oil and Murphy USA are highlighted in this Analyst Blog article.
MRO Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|