Walmart Inc. (WMT): Price and Financial Metrics
WMT Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$152.17||52-week high||$154.64|
|Prev. close||$150.00||52-week low||$117.90|
|Day high||$152.43||Avg. volume||6,234,694|
|50-day MA||$149.84||Dividend yield||1.52%|
|200-day MA||$143.00||Market Cap||410.46B|
WMT Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
WMT POWR Grades
- Stability is the dimension where WMT ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 97.21% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for WMT is in Stability, which has been heading up over the past 179 days.
- WMT's current lowest rank is in the Growth metric (where it is better than 46.3% of US stocks).
WMT Stock Summary
- With a market capitalization of $397,959,685,389, WALMART INC has a greater market value than 99.7% of US stocks.
- The capital turnover (annual revenue relative to shareholder's equity) for WMT is 7.97 -- better than 94.95% of US stocks.
- In terms of volatility of its share price, WMT is more volatile than merely 2.06% of stocks we're observing.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to WALMART INC are UNH, MA, XOM, JPM, and V.
- Visit WMT's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.stock.walmart.com.
WMT Valuation Summary
- WMT's EV/EBIT ratio is 23; this is 22.67% higher than that of the median Consumer Defensive stock.
- Over the past 243 months, WMT's price/earnings ratio has gone up 5.4.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for WMT.
WMT Growth Metrics
- Its 3 year revenue growth rate is now at 11.71%.
- The 5 year price growth rate now stands at 55.07%.
- Its 2 year price growth rate is now at 1.5%.
The table below shows WMT's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
WMT's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- WMT has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 83.83% of graded US stocks.
- WMT's asset turnover comes in at 2.314 -- ranking 29th of 165 Retail stocks.
- TTSH, TKAT, and GCO are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with WMT.
The table below shows WMT's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
WMT Price Target
For more insight on analysts targets of WMT, see our WMT price target page. And for a list of of all stocks sorted by upside potential based on analyst target price, see our Top Price Target page.
|Average Price Target||$168.56||Average Broker Recommendation||1.46 (Moderate Buy)|
Walmart Inc. (WMT) Company Bio
Walmart Inc operates retail stores in various formats under various banners. Its operations are comprised of three reportable business segments, Walmart U.S., Walmart International and Sam's Club in three categories retail, wholesale, and others. Walmart was founded in 1962 when Sam Walton opened the first store in Rogers, Arkansas. Today, Walmart operates approximately 11,443 stores and clubs under 48 banners in 24 countries and eCommerce websites. Over 6100 of those stores are Walmart International , over 4700 Walmart U.S., and 600 are under the Sam’s Club brand name. The company’s current Chief Executive Officer and President is Doug McMillon and there are over 2.3 million Walmart employees around the world.
WMT Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
WMT Latest Social Stream
View Full WMT Social Stream
Latest WMT News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about WALMART INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate WMT as an investment opportunity.
10 Small Cap Consumer Staples Stocks Billionaires Are Loading Up On
In this piece, we will take a look at ten small cap consumer staples stocks billionaires are loading up on. To skip out on why consumer staples stocks might be relevant right now and their performance this year, head on over to the top 5 Small Cap Consumer Staples Stocks Billionaires Are Loading Up On. […]
Walmart's Charts Have a Lot in Store
I have seen several articles in business publications on the consumer trading down in their product sourcing, because of inflation. Two interesting observations about the sideways trend in price: one is that trading volume does not contract and the second is that the On-Balance-Volume (OBV) line continues to rise the past twelve months. In this daily Point and Figure chart of WMT, below, I can see that the software is projecting an upside price target in the $191 area.
ISM Services Index Remains Robust in May: 3 Top Picks
GDOT, MMS and ROL are among the stocks benefiting from a stable demand environment for services.
Is Target Stock a Buy as Its Profit Margins Sink to Costco and Walmart Levels?
Target (NYSE: TGT) is one of the best-known big-box retail giants. Let's discuss what is dragging the stock lower, and why Target is looking like a great dividend stock to buy now despite some concerns. Over the past month, its stock is drastically underperforming the S&P 500, the consumer discretionary sector, the retail industry, and even peers like Walmart (NYSE: WMT) and Costco Wholesale (NASDAQ: COST).
Should You Use Your SNAP Benefits at Costco?
SNAP benefits help millions of American families put food on the table. Here, we share whether those benefits can be used at Costco.
WMT Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching WMTHere are a few links from around the web to help you further your research on Walmart Inc's stock as an investment opportunity:
Walmart Inc (WMT) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Walmart Inc (WMT) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Walmart Inc (WMT) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch
Loading social stream, please wait...