Walmart Inc. (WMT): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
WMT POWR Grades
- WMT scores best on the Stability dimension, with a Stability rank ahead of 98% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for WMT is in Growth, which has been heading down over the past 48 weeks.
- WMT ranks lowest in Growth; there it ranks in the 19th percentile.
WMT Stock Summary
- WMT has a higher market value than 99.69% of US stocks; more precisely, its current market capitalization is $398,810,957,644.
- The capital turnover (annual revenue relative to shareholder's equity) for WMT is 7.03 -- better than 95.07% of US stocks.
- In terms of volatility of its share price, WMT is more volatile than merely 1.27% of stocks we're observing.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Walmart Inc, a group of peers worth examining would be UNH, PG, JPM, MA, and HD.
- Visit WMT's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.stock.walmart.com.
WMT Valuation Summary
- WMT's price/earnings ratio is 41.4; this is 82.78% higher than that of the median Consumer Defensive stock.
- Over the past 243 months, WMT's price/sales ratio has gone down 0.3.
- Over the past 243 months, WMT's EV/EBIT ratio has gone up 5.6.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for WMT.
WMT Growth Metrics
- The year over year net cashflow from operations growth rate now stands at 11.17%.
- Its 5 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at -0.38%.
- Its year over year revenue growth rate is now at 5.27%.
The table below shows WMT's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
WMT's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- WMT has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 84.54% of graded US stocks.
- WMT's asset turnover comes in at 2.314 -- ranking 30th of 164 Retail stocks.
- TTSH, TKAT, and GCO are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with WMT.
The table below shows WMT's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
WMT Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
WMT Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$143.02||52-week high||$153.66|
|Prev. close||$142.74||52-week low||$126.28|
|Day high||$144.58||Avg. volume||8,288,887|
|50-day MA||$145.60||Dividend yield||1.54%|
|200-day MA||$141.56||Market Cap||398.81B|
Walmart Inc. (WMT) Company Bio
Walmart Inc operates retail stores in various formats under various banners. Its operations are comprised of three reportable business segments, Walmart U.S., Walmart International and Sam's Club in three categories retail, wholesale, and others. Walmart was founded in 1962 when Sam Walton opened the first store in Rogers, Arkansas. Today, Walmart operates approximately 11,443 stores and clubs under 48 banners in 24 countries and eCommerce websites. Over 6100 of those stores are Walmart International , over 4700 Walmart U.S., and 600 are under the Sam’s Club brand name. The company’s current Chief Executive Officer and President is Doug McMillon and there are over 2.3 million Walmart employees around the world.
Most Popular Stories View All
WMT Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
WMT Latest Social Stream
View Full WMT Social Stream
Latest WMT News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Walmart Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate WMT as an investment opportunity.
Amazon today looks a lot like Walmart back in 1999.
Anyone can be a banker these days, you just need the right code. Global brands from Mercedes and Amazon to Ikea and Walmart are cutting out the traditional financial middleman and plugging in software from tech start-ups to offer customers everything from banking and credit to insurance. For established financial institutions, the warning signs are  The post March of the fintechs: How upstarts are upending finance appeared first on Fintech News .
The creative ways retailers are trying to sidestep shipping delays, from Home Depot flying in power tools to Walmart chartering smaller ships that can fit into tinier ports
ROSLAN RAHMAN/AFP via Getty Images A record number of container ships are
Two established giants trading at attractive levels amid the pullback that investors with long-term horizons might want to buy...
If you’re looking to make money in retail this holiday, read on.
WMT Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|