Walmart Inc. (WMT): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
WMT POWR Grades
- Sentiment is the dimension where WMT ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 97.1% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for WMT is in Sentiment, which has been heading up over the past 178 days.
- WMT ranks lowest in Growth; there it ranks in the 59th percentile.
WMT Stock Summary
- WMT has a market capitalization of $413,608,224,282 -- more than approximately 99.74% of US stocks.
- WALMART INC's capital turnover -- a measure of revenue relative to shareholder's equity -- is better than 95.66% of US listed stocks.
- WMT's went public 36.95 years ago, making it older than 93.44% of listed US stocks we're tracking.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to WALMART INC are JPM, MA, PG, UNH, and XOM.
- Visit WMT's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.stock.walmart.com.
WMT Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Consumer Defensive stock, WMT's price/sales ratio is 30% lower, now standing at 0.7.
- WMT's price/sales ratio has moved down 0.3 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for WMT.
WMT Growth Metrics
- Its 2 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at -38.82%.
- Its 4 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at -8.95%.
- Its 2 year revenue growth rate is now at 7.73%.
The table below shows WMT's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
WMT's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- WMT has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 83.83% of graded US stocks.
- WMT's asset turnover comes in at 2.314 -- ranking 29th of 165 Retail stocks.
- TTSH, TKAT, and GCO are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with WMT.
The table below shows WMT's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
WMT Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
WMT Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$153.22||52-week high||$160.77|
|Prev. close||$153.37||52-week low||$117.27|
|Day high||$153.24||Avg. volume||8,134,009|
|50-day MA||$139.99||Dividend yield||1.46%|
|200-day MA||$137.24||Market Cap||415.88B|
Walmart Inc. (WMT) Company Bio
Walmart Inc operates retail stores in various formats under various banners. Its operations are comprised of three reportable business segments, Walmart U.S., Walmart International and Sam's Club in three categories retail, wholesale, and others. Walmart was founded in 1962 when Sam Walton opened the first store in Rogers, Arkansas. Today, Walmart operates approximately 11,443 stores and clubs under 48 banners in 24 countries and eCommerce websites. Over 6100 of those stores are Walmart International , over 4700 Walmart U.S., and 600 are under the Sam’s Club brand name. The company’s current Chief Executive Officer and President is Doug McMillon and there are over 2.3 million Walmart employees around the world.
Most Popular Stories View All
WMT Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
WMT Latest Social Stream
View Full WMT Social Stream
Latest WMT News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about WALMART INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate WMT as an investment opportunity.
Lessons can be learned from today's red-hot jobs report as traders bid up bond yields and sell their stocks despite seemingly good news.
Black Friday and Cyber Monday spending reached record numbers last week – both in sales and number of shoppers.
Investors with a long time horizon will be kicking themselves if they don't buy the dip in these stocks while they are on sale.
Americans seem to be celebrating a return to normalcy this holiday season, and the nation's biggest retailers are reaping the benefit.
2022 has wreaked havoc on stocks across the board, but more pain may be on the way with the threat of a recession and declining earnings.
WMT Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|