Microsoft Corp. (MSFT): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
MSFT POWR Grades
- MSFT scores best on the Quality dimension, with a Quality rank ahead of 94.66% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for MSFT is in Stability, which has been heading down over the past 177 days.
- MSFT ranks lowest in Momentum; there it ranks in the 19th percentile.
MSFT Stock Summary
- MSFT has a market capitalization of $1,846,063,276,184 -- more than approximately 99.98% of US stocks.
- With a one year PEG ratio of 847.15, MICROSOFT CORP is expected to have a higher PEG ratio (a measure of how expensive a stock is relative to its expected earnings growth) than 96.84% of US stocks.
- MICROSOFT CORP's stock had its IPO on March 13, 1986, making it an older stock than 93.44% of US equities in our set.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to MICROSOFT CORP are AAPL, GOOGL, AMZN, BRK.B, and TSLA.
- Visit MSFT's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.microsoft.com.
MSFT Valuation Summary
- MSFT's price/sales ratio is 8.8; this is 238.46% higher than that of the median Technology stock.
- Over the past 243 months, MSFT's EV/EBIT ratio has gone up 5.6.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for MSFT.
MSFT Growth Metrics
- Its 4 year revenue growth rate is now at 58.97%.
- Its 5 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 57.2%.
- Its 3 year revenue growth rate is now at 57.56%.
The table below shows MSFT's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
MSFT's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- MSFT has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 93.25% of graded US stocks.
- MSFT's asset turnover comes in at 0.55 -- ranking 290th of 561 Business Services stocks.
- NEO, GRPN, and SGRP are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with MSFT.
The table below shows MSFT's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
MSFT Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
MSFT Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$248.16||52-week high||$315.95|
|Prev. close||$248.00||52-week low||$213.43|
|Day high||$249.83||Avg. volume||34,081,332|
|50-day MA||$241.99||Dividend yield||1.1%|
|200-day MA||$254.91||Market Cap||1.85T|
Microsoft Corp. (MSFT) Company Bio
Microsoft Corp. was founded in 1975 by computing pioneers Bill Gates and Paul Allen. The company's best known software products are the Microsoft Windows operating systems, the Microsoft Office suite, and the Internet Explorer and Edge web browsers. Over the decades, Microsoft has continued to diversify its product and services offerings, including consumer and enterprise software for desktops, laptops, tabs, gadgets, and servers, including Internet search (with Bing), the digital services market (through MSN), mixed reality (HoloLens), cloud computing (Azure), and software development (Visual Studio). In 2019, Microsoft became the third publicly traded company to reach a market cap of over 1 trillion US dollars, and is the third-highest global brand valuation as of 2020 -- often switching places with its two primary technology peers, Apple and Alphabet.
Most Popular Stories View All
MSFT Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
MSFT Latest Social Stream
View Full MSFT Social Stream
Latest MSFT News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about MICROSOFT CORP that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate MSFT as an investment opportunity.
Microsoft (MSFT) reported its fiscal second-quarter results after the close of regular trading today, Tuesday, January 24th.
Analysts were expecting earnings of $2.30 per share, adjusted, and revenue of $52.96 billion. Q2 Non-GAAP EPS of $2.32 beat by $0.02, so that worked out.
Growth was expected to come in at just 2.3% year over year, which would have been the weakest expansion for Microsoft in any period since 2016. Unfortunately for active investors, it was a bit lower, with revenue coming in at 1.9%. This was due, in part, to flagging PC sales as reflected in More Personal Computing. It's what I call a
Here are the most active equity options for midday.
Bolstered by rising inflation, many investors have once again returned dividend stocks to generate cash flow from their investments as they wait out market turbulence.
The iShares Core Dividend Growth ETF (DGRO) certainly fits the bill. It is an exchange-traded fund ("ETF") offered by BlackRock (BLK) that enables investors to gain exposure to a wide portfolio of dividend-growth stocks for a reasonable price tag.
The fund itself is governed by a rather straightforward philosophy: investi...
It was inevitable that a wide range of market participants will be eagerly eyeing TSLA’s earnings report after today’s close, but they have taken on greater importance with yesterday’s results from Microsoft dragging markets lower this morning.
Stocks are tumbling this afternoon, as corporate earnings spark fear over how Wall Street's heaviest hitters are faring amid rising rates and recession worries.
MSFT Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|