Microsoft Corp. (MSFT): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
MSFT POWR Grades
- MSFT scores best on the Quality dimension, with a Quality rank ahead of 94.3% of US stocks.
- MSFT's strongest trending metric is Quality; it's been moving up over the last 179 days.
- MSFT ranks lowest in Momentum; there it ranks in the 15th percentile.
MSFT Stock Summary
- MICROSOFT CORP's market capitalization of $1,825,244,456,753 is ahead of 99.98% of US-listed equities.
- MICROSOFT CORP's stock had its IPO on March 13, 1986, making it an older stock than 93.16% of US equities in our set.
- MSFT's price/sales ratio is 9.21; that's higher than the P/S ratio of 87.04% of US stocks.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to MICROSOFT CORP, a group of peers worth examining would be GOOGL, AMZN, AAPL, TSLA, and BRK.B.
- Visit MSFT's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.microsoft.com.
MSFT Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Technology stock, MSFT's price/earnings ratio is 17.84% higher, now standing at 25.1.
- Over the past 243 months, MSFT's EV/EBIT ratio has gone up 3.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for MSFT.
MSFT Growth Metrics
- Its 2 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 49.92%.
- Its year over year revenue growth rate is now at 20.37%.
- Its 5 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 179.28%.
The table below shows MSFT's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
MSFT's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- MSFT has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 93.25% of graded US stocks.
- MSFT's asset turnover comes in at 0.55 -- ranking 290th of 561 Business Services stocks.
- NEO, GRPN, and SGRP are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with MSFT.
The table below shows MSFT's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
MSFT Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
MSFT Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$238.89||52-week high||$349.67|
|Prev. close||$237.92||52-week low||$235.20|
|Day high||$241.45||Avg. volume||31,638,180|
|50-day MA||$266.94||Dividend yield||1.04%|
|200-day MA||$283.88||Market Cap||1.78T|
Microsoft Corp. (MSFT) Company Bio
Microsoft Corp. was founded in 1975 by computing pioneers Bill Gates and Paul Allen. The company's best known software products are the Microsoft Windows operating systems, the Microsoft Office suite, and the Internet Explorer and Edge web browsers. Over the decades, Microsoft has continued to diversify its product and services offerings, including consumer and enterprise software for desktops, laptops, tabs, gadgets, and servers, including Internet search (with Bing), the digital services market (through MSN), mixed reality (HoloLens), cloud computing (Azure), and software development (Visual Studio). In 2019, Microsoft became the third publicly traded company to reach a market cap of over 1 trillion US dollars, and is the third-highest global brand valuation as of 2020 -- often switching places with its two primary technology peers, Apple and Alphabet.
Most Popular Stories View All
MSFT Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
MSFT Latest Social Stream
View Full MSFT Social Stream
Latest MSFT News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about MICROSOFT CORP that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate MSFT as an investment opportunity.
Dividend stocks are facing stiffer competition, thanks to a big spike in bond yields. But this isn't the time to give up on dividends as an income source, Lawrence C. Strauss writes in this week's edition of Barron's. Philip Morris (PM), Chevron (CVX), Marsh & McLennan (MMC), Becton Dickinson (BDX), Elevance Dickinson (ELV), and Microsoft (MSFT) rising their dividends at a healthy clip and their payouts look secure, the author adds.
Software growth stocks are still looking for a catalyst as the sector lags the S&P 500. Guidance for 2023 will be key for software stocks.
The valuation of Snowflake stock, the biggest software IPO ever, remains controversial. Here is what technical analysis says about buying SNOW stock.
Rising corporate spending on digital transformation projects has boosted CRM stock. With the Slack deal closed, merger synergies will be key.
Investing for the long term is the best way to grow your wealth. And these three stocks can help you do it.
MSFT Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|