Microsoft Corp. (MSFT): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
MSFT POWR Grades
- Sentiment is the dimension where MSFT ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 94.28% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for MSFT is in Quality, which has been heading down over the past 31 weeks.
- MSFT ranks lowest in Momentum; there it ranks in the 24th percentile.
MSFT Stock Summary
- MSFT has a higher market value than 99.98% of US stocks; more precisely, its current market capitalization is $1,978,017,424,329.
- Microsoft Corp's stock had its IPO on March 13, 1986, making it an older stock than 92.64% of US equities in our set.
- In terms of volatility of its share price, MSFT is more volatile than only 9.84% of stocks we're observing.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Microsoft Corp, a group of peers worth examining would be AAPL, AMZN, GOOGL, FB, and BRK.B.
- Visit MSFT's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.microsoft.com.
MSFT Valuation Summary
- MSFT's price/earnings ratio is 34.6; this is 10.94% lower than that of the median Technology stock.
- MSFT's price/sales ratio has moved down $2.9 over the prior 243 months.
- Over the past 243 months, MSFT's price/sales ratio has gone down $2.9.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for MSFT.
MSFT Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
MSFT Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$264.63||52-week high||$264.81|
|Prev. close||$262.63||52-week low||$193.55|
|Day high||$264.81||Avg. volume||27,901,453|
|50-day MA||$253.01||Dividend yield||0.85%|
|200-day MA||$230.14||Market Cap||1.99T|
Microsoft Corp. (MSFT) Company Bio
Microsoft Corp. was founded in 1975 by computing pioneers Bill Gates and Paul Allen. The company's best known software products are the Microsoft Windows operating systems, the Microsoft Office suite, and the Internet Explorer and Edge web browsers. Over the decades, Microsoft has continued to diversify its product and services offerings, including consumer and enterprise software for desktops, laptops, tabs, gadgets, and servers, including Internet search (with Bing), the digital services market (through MSN), mixed reality (HoloLens), cloud computing (Azure), and software development (Visual Studio). In 2019, Microsoft became the third publicly traded company to reach a market cap of over 1 trillion US dollars, and is the third-highest global brand valuation as of 2020 -- often switching places with its two primary technology peers, Apple and Alphabet.
MSFT Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
MSFT Latest Social Stream
View Full MSFT Social Stream
Latest MSFT News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Microsoft Corp that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate MSFT as an investment opportunity.
Dow Jones Futures Rise After 586-Point Surge; Nasdaq Closes In On Record Highs; 5 Stocks To Buy And Watch
Dow Jones futures were higher late Monday. The Nasdaq is on the cusp of record highs, as Dow leader Microsoft leads five stocks to buy and watch.
Microsoft (MSFT) closed at $262.63 in the latest trading session, marking a +1.23% move from the prior day.
Microsoft said Windows 10 would be the final version of its operating system, but its 24 June announcement will change that
The Dow Jones Industrial Average soared nearly 600 points Monday, after a senior Fed official said the central bank isn't ready to change its stance.
Microsoft is closing in on a new breakout and all-time high as it expands its cloud and AI capabilities by acquiring health care pioneer Nuance.
MSFT Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|