Microsoft Corp. (MSFT): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
MSFT POWR Grades
- MSFT scores best on the Sentiment dimension, with a Sentiment rank ahead of 97.48% of US stocks.
- MSFT's strongest trending metric is Momentum; it's been moving down over the last 48 weeks.
- MSFT's current lowest rank is in the Growth metric (where it is better than 26.19% of US stocks).
MSFT Stock Summary
- Microsoft Corp's market capitalization of $2,251,160,822,251 is ahead of 99.98% of US-listed equities.
- Microsoft Corp's stock had its IPO on March 13, 1986, making it an older stock than 92.58% of US equities in our set.
- With a price/sales ratio of 13.39, Microsoft Corp has a higher such ratio than 86.47% of stocks in our set.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to MSFT, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are AAPL, GOOGL, AMZN, FB, and TSLA.
- Visit MSFT's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.microsoft.com.
MSFT Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Technology stock, MSFT's price/earnings ratio is 5.13% lower, now standing at 37.
- MSFT's price/sales ratio has moved up 1.4 over the prior 243 months.
- MSFT's price/earnings ratio has moved up 6.2 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for MSFT.
MSFT Growth Metrics
- Its 2 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 4.05%.
- Its 5 year price growth rate is now at 269.41%.
- Its 4 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 30.39%.
The table below shows MSFT's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
MSFT's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- MSFT has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 92.43% of graded US stocks.
- MSFT's asset turnover comes in at 0.539 -- ranking 295th of 556 Business Services stocks.
- QLYS, SMSI, and NEO are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with MSFT.
The table below shows MSFT's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
MSFT Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
MSFT Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$299.35||52-week high||$305.84|
|Prev. close||$299.56||52-week low||$199.62|
|Day high||$299.80||Avg. volume||25,966,326|
|50-day MA||$293.86||Dividend yield||0.75%|
|200-day MA||$255.74||Market Cap||2.25T|
Microsoft Corp. (MSFT) Company Bio
Microsoft Corp. was founded in 1975 by computing pioneers Bill Gates and Paul Allen. The company's best known software products are the Microsoft Windows operating systems, the Microsoft Office suite, and the Internet Explorer and Edge web browsers. Over the decades, Microsoft has continued to diversify its product and services offerings, including consumer and enterprise software for desktops, laptops, tabs, gadgets, and servers, including Internet search (with Bing), the digital services market (through MSN), mixed reality (HoloLens), cloud computing (Azure), and software development (Visual Studio). In 2019, Microsoft became the third publicly traded company to reach a market cap of over 1 trillion US dollars, and is the third-highest global brand valuation as of 2020 -- often switching places with its two primary technology peers, Apple and Alphabet.
Most Popular Stories View All
MSFT Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
MSFT Latest Social Stream
View Full MSFT Social Stream
Latest MSFT News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Microsoft Corp that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate MSFT as an investment opportunity.
Even as the tech biggiesAmazon, Microsoft, and IBMhit pause on surveillance and facial recognition, the rest of the world wont be sitting still
Microsoft is in the spotlight right now because of the Surface event it recently held. We got a glimpse of the Surface Duo 2 and what its going to offer but, what about the first generation? Well, thanks to The Verge, we now know that Microsoft will give the original Surface Duo the update to  Read More... The post The Original Surface Duo Will Get An Update To Android 11 appeared first on Android Headlines .
Microsoft has a new phone of its own, the Surface Duo 2, arriving October 21st and if you buy an optional "Surface Duo 2 Pen Cover," youll be able to magnetically dock and wirelessly charge the companys stylus.
Microsofts offices in Humacao will close down in September of 2024 due to a corporate reorganization process. According to the Department of Economic Development and Commerce (DDEC), the commonwealth carried out different efforts to keep the company in the island, but the closing responds to a business model in which digital and database services should 
Synthetic dataset of human trafficking victims could allow big data work without privacy compromises
In order to combat human trafficking effectively, those combating it must understand it and these days, that means data. Unfortunately, for obvious reasons there is no convenient index of trafficking victims, though this confidential information is in some ways abundant. Microsoft and the International Organization for Migration may have found a way forward with 
MSFT Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|