Microsoft Corp. (MSFT): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
MSFT POWR Grades
- Sentiment is the dimension where MSFT ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 94.28% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for MSFT is in Quality, which has been heading down over the past 31 weeks.
- MSFT's current lowest rank is in the Momentum metric (where it is better than 24.91% of US stocks).
MSFT Stock Summary
- MSFT has a market capitalization of $1,997,938,439,017 -- more than approximately 99.98% of US stocks.
- MSFT's went public 35.31 years ago, making it older than 92.64% of listed US stocks we're tracking.
- The volatility of Microsoft Corp's share price is greater than that of just 10.26% US stocks with at least 200 days of trading history.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to Microsoft Corp are AMZN, AAPL, GOOGL, FB, and TSLA.
- MSFT's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Microsoft Corp's official web site, go to www.microsoft.com.
MSFT Valuation Summary
- MSFT's price/earnings ratio is 34.6; this is 10.94% lower than that of the median Technology stock.
- MSFT's price/sales ratio has moved down $2.9 over the prior 243 months.
- Over the past 243 months, MSFT's price/sales ratio has gone down $2.9.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for MSFT.
MSFT Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
MSFT Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$265.27||52-week high||$266.83|
|Prev. close||$265.51||52-week low||$193.55|
|Day high||$266.83||Avg. volume||27,967,006|
|50-day MA||$253.16||Dividend yield||0.84%|
|200-day MA||$230.40||Market Cap||2.00T|
Microsoft Corp. (MSFT) Company Bio
Microsoft Corp. was founded in 1975 by computing pioneers Bill Gates and Paul Allen. The company's best known software products are the Microsoft Windows operating systems, the Microsoft Office suite, and the Internet Explorer and Edge web browsers. Over the decades, Microsoft has continued to diversify its product and services offerings, including consumer and enterprise software for desktops, laptops, tabs, gadgets, and servers, including Internet search (with Bing), the digital services market (through MSN), mixed reality (HoloLens), cloud computing (Azure), and software development (Visual Studio). In 2019, Microsoft became the third publicly traded company to reach a market cap of over 1 trillion US dollars, and is the third-highest global brand valuation as of 2020 -- often switching places with its two primary technology peers, Apple and Alphabet.
MSFT Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
MSFT Latest Social Stream
View Full MSFT Social Stream
Latest MSFT News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Microsoft Corp that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate MSFT as an investment opportunity.
CalypsoArt/iStock via Getty Images Fintech dLocal Ltd. (DLO) soared more than 10% Wednesday, adding to a rally that’s taken the stock up nearly 50% in six sessions to a post-IPO record high. Uruguayan-based dLocal, which helps large firms like Amazon (AMZN) and Microsoft (MSFT) make and accept electronic payments in...
During 2020 pandemic lockdowns, video games quickly became a hobby for many looking to pass their newfound free time, and the trend seems to be here to stay. Created and owned by the Microsoft Corporation (MSFT), Xbox and gaming make up a sizable portion of the multinational technology company’s revenue stream. If one is to invest, Xbox’s details cannot go overlooked. (See Microsoft stock charts on TipRanks) Bradley Sills of Bank of America analyzed updates from Microsoft, stating that Xbox plans to release many more exclusive game titles, has strategies to raise engagement with its subscription service Game Pass, and has a new cloud-based gaming service called xCloud. Sills maintained a Buy rating on Microsoft and assigned a price target ...
One of the easiest ways to invest in the stock market is to buy a good index-tracking mutual fund or exchange-traded fund (ETF). Trillions of dollars track the S&P 500 (SNPINDEX: ^GSPC) through funds like the SPDR S&P 500 ETF (NYSEMKT: SPY), and you'll find similar trackers for the most valuable stocks in the Nasdaq Composite (NASDAQINDEX: ^IXIC) as well as all 30 members of the Dow Jones Industrial Average (DJINDICES: ^DJI). Index funds are great ways to get cheap exposure to the entire market.
(Bloomberg) -- Even as Microsoft Corp. hovers around a $2 trillion valuation, it may avoid being included in the House’s antitrust bills aimed at big tech companies.Questions about whether Microsoft would be able to sidestep the measures taken up Wednesday by the House Judiciary Committee have been raised by lawmakers including Democrat Pramila Jayapal, the author of one the bills. Republican Jim Jordan and other GOP lawmakers say they want to ensure the software giant doesn’t get special treatm
The Dow Jones Industrial Average traded lower over the last hour of trading and closed in the negative. The S&P 500 also closed lower.
MSFT Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|