Microsoft Corp. (MSFT): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
MSFT POWR Grades
- Sentiment is the dimension where MSFT ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 96.15% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for MSFT is in Stability, which has been heading down over the past 179 days.
- MSFT's current lowest rank is in the Momentum metric (where it is better than 28.53% of US stocks).
MSFT Stock Summary
- Microsoft Corp's market capitalization of $2,364,586,640,055 is ahead of 99.98% of US-listed equities.
- MSFT's went public 36.07 years ago, making it older than 92.75% of listed US stocks we're tracking.
- MSFT's price/sales ratio is 12.79; that's higher than the P/S ratio of 88.59% of US stocks.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to Microsoft Corp are GOOGL, AAPL, AMZN, TSLA, and BRK.B.
- MSFT's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Microsoft Corp's official web site, go to www.microsoft.com.
MSFT Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Technology stock, MSFT's price/earnings ratio is 5.13% lower, now standing at 37.
- MSFT's price/sales ratio has moved up 1.4 over the prior 243 months.
- MSFT's price/earnings ratio has moved up 6.2 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for MSFT.
MSFT Growth Metrics
- Its 2 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 225.56%.
- Its year over year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 25.11%.
- The 4 year price growth rate now stands at 218.09%.
The table below shows MSFT's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
MSFT's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- MSFT has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 93.25% of graded US stocks.
- MSFT's asset turnover comes in at 0.55 -- ranking 290th of 561 Business Services stocks.
- NEO, GRPN, and SGRP are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with MSFT.
The table below shows MSFT's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
MSFT Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
MSFT Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$253.14||52-week high||$349.67|
|Prev. close||$254.08||52-week low||$243.00|
|Day high||$257.67||Avg. volume||36,773,832|
|50-day MA||$286.18||Dividend yield||0.93%|
|200-day MA||$303.92||Market Cap||1.89T|
Microsoft Corp. (MSFT) Company Bio
Microsoft Corp. was founded in 1975 by computing pioneers Bill Gates and Paul Allen. The company's best known software products are the Microsoft Windows operating systems, the Microsoft Office suite, and the Internet Explorer and Edge web browsers. Over the decades, Microsoft has continued to diversify its product and services offerings, including consumer and enterprise software for desktops, laptops, tabs, gadgets, and servers, including Internet search (with Bing), the digital services market (through MSN), mixed reality (HoloLens), cloud computing (Azure), and software development (Visual Studio). In 2019, Microsoft became the third publicly traded company to reach a market cap of over 1 trillion US dollars, and is the third-highest global brand valuation as of 2020 -- often switching places with its two primary technology peers, Apple and Alphabet.
Most Popular Stories View All
MSFT Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
MSFT Latest Social Stream
View Full MSFT Social Stream
Latest MSFT News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Microsoft Corp that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate MSFT as an investment opportunity.
Which Stocks Will Benefit From The Metaverse? Since I last covered the world of metaverse stocks, several developments have occurred, including acquisitions, earnings, changes in the macroeconomic environment, and more. There has also been a ton of stock price movements that warrant updating. But first, let's start with the basics....
Crowdstrike can potentially be a massive SaaS company going forward.
Don't let Russia or a bear market invasion in the Nasdaq dictate your next trade in these most-shorted stocks, listen to the long-term charts.
A bet on SLDP stock is shaping up like a rip-up at the track rather than a wager on a stock with a winning track record.
As further sanctions against Russia are threatened, fears of cyberattacks are increasing.
MSFT Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|